Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2022 NFL draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2022 NFL draft Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/29/2022 8:31:33 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

I am 6’4 ..

My right arm is 32.75 “ long from armpit to middle finger tip..

STFU about “ t-Rex arms”

You know nothing.

Just stating the facts.

False equivalency and hyperbole is not a fact.

There are way more important aspects to being IOL, than some obsession about “T-Rex arms”..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 251
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/29/2022 8:49:45 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

I am 6’4 ..

STFU about “ t-Rex arms”

You know nothing.

Arm length can be an advantage or disadvantage to nfl ol and dl regardless of whether you have arms or not.

How much is the question, not if.
Post #: 252
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/29/2022 8:50:58 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

I am 6’4 ..

STFU about “ t-Rex arms”

You know nothing.

Just stating the facts.

False equivalency and hyperbole is not a fact.

There are way more important aspects to being IOL, than some obsession about “T-Rex arms”..

There may be a better way to communicate that you don't agree with the T-Rex Arms sentiment?

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 253
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/29/2022 8:51:07 AM   
Phil Riewer

If Lindenbaum drops to our pick in the 2nd would that work?

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 3/29/2022 8:52:50 AM >

Post #: 254
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/29/2022 8:57:52 AM   
Todd M

We just have to relax and let it come to us. There's guys right now that we think no way will be available to us that will be. 2 starters one maybe being a star added to the team with their 1st 2 picks and we have something good brewing
Post #: 255
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/29/2022 9:32:24 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Part of the problem, is having PTSD from Bradbury …

Maybe thats not fair to Lindenbaum but why go at the same issue twice the same way when it failed miserably the first time? Its a vast oversimplification but … with so many needs, why mock and taunt the fool me once gods …
Post #: 256
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/29/2022 9:42:37 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

Maybe thats not fair to Lindenbaum but why go at the same issue twice the same way when it failed miserably the first time? Its a vast oversimplification but … with so many needs, why mock and taunt the fool me once gods …

Bradbury was a reach and is very close to be considered a bust (depending on how this year pans out). Under that theory we wouldn't have drafted Jefferson (last WR we drafted in the first round was a fail) and we shouldn't draft CB then either. Hughes and Gladney could be considered bad reaches; with Gladney a double down.

Just don't reach for anyone and if Lindenbaum falls don't be afraid to draft him at value.

PTSD would be if Lindenbaum fell to us in the 2nd and we traded down....lol

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 3/29/2022 9:43:46 AM >

Post #: 257
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/29/2022 10:24:57 AM   
David Levine

quote:

I am 6’4 ..

STFU about “ t-Rex arms”

You know nothing.

Calm down Dan, the Vikings might still draft you.
Post #: 258
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/29/2022 11:00:31 AM   
David F.

quote:

I'd take him at 12 if those above us take too many CBs.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 259
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/29/2022 11:18:23 AM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bradbury was a reach and is very close to be considered a bust (depending on how this year pans out). Under that theory we wouldn't have drafted Jefferson (last WR we drafted in the first round was a fail) and we shouldn't draft CB then either. Hughes and Gladney could be considered bad reaches; with Gladney a double down.

Just don't reach for anyone and if Lindenbaum falls don't be afraid to draft him at value.

I would be shocked in he's available at 46.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 260
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/29/2022 11:19:29 AM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

I'd trade back a few spots and get an extra 2nd or 3rd.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 261
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/29/2022 11:32:26 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

quote:

You know it is going to happen.

Post #: 262
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/29/2022 11:54:17 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

quote:

There are some that think there is a good chance that we trade back with the Steelers….get #20 & a 2nd rounder

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 263
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/29/2022 12:10:47 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bradbury was not a reach, he was solidly in the first rd. I just checked four of the usual irrefutable draft prognosticators and they had him going to us at 19 or the Ravens at 22, with accolades like 'best C prospect in the last 5 years'. Gee, where have we heard that?

Also, Bradbury is a bust, there's no way around it. They might keep him because he's under contract, there's not a lot out there and we don't have any spare change to throw around ... but he is not going to hold up on passing downs without help. Time to move on.

Also Also, I never said don't draft the same position twice in a row [much less 4 years apart], I said don't draft the same player twice in a row to address the same problem that wasn't fixed the first time. (BTW, Bradbury was drafted to fix the 3rd rd Elflein issue so we are positionally beyond the 'fool me twice, shame on you Phil' schtick)

I said it was a gross oversimplification [as in there are other factors] but obviously not simple enough.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 3/29/2022 12:13:33 PM >
Post #: 264
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/29/2022 12:21:21 PM   
Tom Sykes

If its any consolation, now that I've taken a stand against Linderbomb ...

It's almost certain to happen.

I've never really confessed this before but I was strongly against taking a WR in 2020 [first rd]. If I had been GM, I probably would have taken Gladney at 22.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 3/29/2022 12:23:25 PM >
Post #: 265
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/29/2022 12:33:47 PM   
Phil Riewer

I was all for drafting Bradburry then; now I see that as a mistake.

I was all on board for drafting Jefferson....didn't know much about Hughes or Gladney.

This year I would be aboard one of the top 3 CB or DT Davis.

Post #: 266
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/29/2022 1:16:24 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bradbury was not a reach, he was solidly in the first rd. I just checked four of the usual irrefutable draft prognosticators and they had him going to us at 19 or the Ravens at 22, with accolades like 'best C prospect in the last 5 years'. Gee, where have we heard that?

Also, Bradbury is a bust, there's no way around it. They might keep him because he's under contract, there's not a lot out there and we don't have any spare change to throw around ... but he is not going to hold up on passing downs without help. Time to move on.

Also Also, I never said don't draft the same position twice in a row [much less 4 years apart], I said don't draft the same player twice in a row to address the same problem that wasn't fixed the first time. (BTW, Bradbury was drafted to fix the 3rd rd Elflein issue so we are positionally beyond the 'fool me twice, shame on you Phil' schtick)

I said it was a gross oversimplification [as in there are other factors] but obviously not simple enough.

as i remember it; Bradbury was billed as a 'once in a generation' type of center...that's what makes his failure so disappointing - it seemed like an absolute can't miss pick....

i don't want to pick another center in the first two rounds unless he's a 6'-7", 370lb mauler that belongs in a maximum security prison...a dude that has already ended half a dozen college careers and forced hafþór björnsson to beg for mercy...i don't even care if he can run, he just needs an uncontrollable passion to crush everything in front of him....

nothing like that in the 2022 draft....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 267
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/29/2022 1:41:10 PM   
Murph

Offensive linemen are so tough to evaluate.

2 first round picks I felt great about at the time; Matt Kalil and Garrett Bradbury. I thought both were almost can't miss. lol

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 268
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/29/2022 1:42:57 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

as i remember it; Bradbury was billed as a 'once in a generation' type of center...that's what makes his failure so disappointing - it seemed like an absolute can't miss pick....

i don't want to pick another center in the first two rounds unless he's a 6'-7", 370lb mauler that belongs in a maximum security prison...a dude that has already ended half a dozen college careers and forced hafþór björnsson to beg for mercy...i don't even care if he can run, he just needs an uncontrollable passion to crush everything in front of him....

nothing like that in the 2022 draft....

Bingo. No more Bradbury clones from shit conferences.

Look for the draft synopsis phrases "Simply a mean SOB... takes everything personally... bigger than many defensive tackles..."

If anything even remotely says "system guy" or "zone blocker", burn it.
Post #: 269
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/29/2022 1:46:02 PM   
Steve Lentz

Bradbury is a BUST. We definitely need a better Center. My belief is that our new GM and staff will address this.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 270
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/29/2022 2:02:35 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Linderbaum certainly has some good aspects for college, seems speed and maneuverability are the main ones. Conversely, there is this:

Even while being an exceptional athlete, there may be some concerns about Linderbaum being undersized. He fits in just under 300 pounds, which isn’t exactly ideal when the person lining up across from you every snap outweighs you by 30-50 pounds.

The size issue plays into his other weakness that appeared on tape, which was a pure bull rush by large athletes. His technique was still good, but sometimes he was simply overwhelmed by raw size/strength combos. This won’t get any easier at the next level.

Have visualized that all too well with Badbury. So it happened to Linderbaum in college, and IMO these draft reviews are not forthright enough expressing just how much worse that projects in the pros. It's not situational dependent, or due to a lack of coaching. It's simply a monster DT running over these lightweights. Finesse and technique end up on the turf.

Then again, people are content stating and waiting 2+ years for the proverbial "give him time to bulk up", which may or may not even happen.
Post #: 271
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/29/2022 2:16:05 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

Bradbury is a BUST. We definitely need a better Center. My belief is that our new GM and staff will address this.

It's true not to compare a top prospect with a bust. If Bradbury had been an All-Pro who walked cause we couldn't afford him, I'd be clamoring for a clone.

Having read up on Lauberman, maybe all his positive traits outweigh his negative ones. But as has been stated by you and others, we will probably go CB.
Post #: 272
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/29/2022 3:26:44 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

I am 6’4 ..

STFU about “ t-Rex arms”

You know nothing.

Calm down Dan, the Vikings might still draft you.

I’d have to play safety dancer..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 273
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/29/2022 4:06:18 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Linderbaum certainly has some good aspects for college, seems speed and maneuverability are the main ones. Conversely, there is this:

Even while being an exceptional athlete, there may be some concerns about Linderbaum being undersized. He fits in just under 300 pounds, which isn’t exactly ideal when the person lining up across from you every snap outweighs you by 30-50 pounds.

The size issue plays into his other weakness that appeared on tape, which was a pure bull rush by large athletes. His technique was still good, but sometimes he was simply overwhelmed by raw size/strength combos. This won’t get any easier at the next level.

Have visualized that all too well with Badbury. So it happened to Linderbaum in college, and IMO these draft reviews are not forthright enough expressing just how much worse that projects in the pros. It's not situational dependent, or due to a lack of coaching. It's simply a monster DT running over these lightweights. Finesse and technique end up on the turf.

Then again, people are content stating and waiting 2+ years for the proverbial "give him time to bulk up", which may or may not even happen.

McDaniel was undersized at guard, but he was a one in a million type of athlete. He was very strong and knew how to work the angles. You can't find many oline guys like that. And I don't think Linderbaum is that guy.
Post #: 274
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/29/2022 7:40:44 PM   
Tom Sykes

*GZUZ the top 25 prospects are fat with Edge / WR, our strongest positions [on paper]

Edge [Hutchinson, Walker, Johnson II, Thibodeaux, Karlaftis, Mafe]
WR [Wilson, London, Olave, Williams, Burks, Dotson]

Why is it never fat at our weakest positions?

Survey of top-rated IOL (Rankings based on nfl.com)

G Kenyon Green (ranked #28)
• Big powerful bulldozer
• Booming upper-body strength
• Feasts on slabs of ribs when helping in protection

C Tyler Linderbomb (ranked #32)
• Wee small
• Patient
• Agile
(deflating whoopee cushion noise in background)

G Zion Johnson (ranked #34)
• Immense playing power
• Big bubble, girthy lowers
• Athletic limitations

T/G Tyler Smith (ranked #41)
• Violent, powerful, nasty
• Big and wide
• Adequate quickness
Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2022 NFL draft Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode