Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2022 NFL draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2022 NFL draft Page: <<   < prev  60 61 [62] 63 64   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 12:24:11 PM   
Chris Olson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

we traded our 5th and what else?....

We gave up our 5th to just move up four spots in the 4th? Horrible value. We must be really hot to trot over this guy.

I like it...this is the part of the draft where you target guys you see as a good fit and go get 'em
Post #: 1526
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 12:33:44 PM   
joejitsu

So far, so good. We couldn’t fix everything with one draft cycle, but I like the approach so far.
Post #: 1527
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 12:35:30 PM   
joejitsu

North Dakota State is getting some attention in this draft!
Post #: 1528
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 12:38:41 PM   
joejitsu

Sam Howell is a better qb backup right now than Mannion is.
Post #: 1529
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 12:49:28 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Detroit's GM pretty well acknowledged that they were surprised at how little Kwesi asked for when the Lions called and they jumped on it. Regardless of what the charts say, KAM could have gotten more.

Someone else referenced this. Do you know where I can find the quote from the GM?

"When we talked about trading up 12, we expected the Vikings to demand at least a first, and we were ready to pay that because we wanted our guy. When they said all they wanted was a swap of seconds and our third rounder Dan started jumping for joy. Those offers only happen once and a while so we had to jump at that." - Lions GM Brad Holmes

Again, the trade was not a disaster, but they clearly could have gotten more. I think KAM learned his lesson because he has done pretty well since.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1530
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 12:51:23 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

Detroit's GM pretty well acknowledged that they were surprised at how little Kwesi asked for when the Lions called and they jumped on it. Regardless of what the charts say, KAM could have gotten more.

Someone else referenced this. Do you know where I can find the quote from the GM?

"When we talked about trading up 12, we expected the Vikings to demand at least a first, and we were ready to pay that because we wanted our guy. When they said all they wanted was a swap of seconds and our third rounder Dan started jumping for joy. Those offers only happen once and a while so we had to jump at that." - Lions GM Brad Holmes

Again, the trade was not a disaster, but they clearly could have gotten more. I think KAM learned his lesson because he has done pretty well since.

They outright said they were prepared to give a first. Kwesi is just not ready for this job.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1531
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 12:52:26 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

They outright said they were prepared to give a first. Kwesi is just not ready for this job.

And again, there is the overstatement. The succeeding deals indicate, Kwesi learned a lesson and adjusted.

It's also not clear whether Holmes meant #32 or another first in addition.

< Message edited by TJSweens -- 4/30/2022 12:53:36 PM >

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1532
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 12:59:04 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And again, there is the overstatement. The succeeding deals indicate, Kwesi learned a lesson and adjusted.

It's also not clear whether Holmes meant #32 or another first in addition.

The jumping for joy to me indicates they were talking about 32 this year and #1 next year.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1533
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 1:02:27 PM   
TJSweens

I'm really ready for an end to the fans making the picks feature of the draft.

Post #: 1534
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 1:04:21 PM   
DavidAOlson

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's a clear negotiating error. Detroit called, and the Vikes made the first offer. You called, what's your offer?

If you want to go first, then anchor by opening with the most expensive trade chart, not the one you use.

< Message edited by DavidAOlson -- 4/30/2022 1:06:45 PM >

I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it. --- Alice
Post #: 1535
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 1:09:04 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

I'm really ready for an end to the fans making the picks feature of the draft.

For sure. Between the fan announcements and Ed Marinaro, I’m about worn out with draft coverage.
Post #: 1536
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 1:10:00 PM   
marty

Rambo is still available.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1537
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 1:13:00 PM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: DavidAOlson

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's a clear negotiating error. Detroit called, and the Vikes made the first offer. You called, what's your offer?

If you want to go first, then anchor by opening with the most expensive trade chart, not the one you use.

Definitely a skill to negotiating. I'd be awful at it.
Post #: 1538
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 1:15:34 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Making the first offer is not the problem to me. To me the problem is in not asking for the moon. Like I said, Kwesi learned his lesson. He did much better on all subsequent trades.

Post #: 1539
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 1:19:04 PM   
lyle chabot

Well D was our weakness and got a lot of picks, I would have liked a Good WR earlier
Post #: 1540
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 1:20:12 PM   
lyle chabot

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Making the first offer is not the problem to me. To me the problem is in not asking for the moon. Like I said, Kwesi learned his lesson. He did much better on all subsequent trades.

OK but to give up a first for next year!
Post #: 1541
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 1:29:27 PM  1 votes
nfrosty

We should have been able to get Detroit's next year 1st round pick. A huge mistake. Probably would have been a top 10 pick in 2023 with some very good QB prospects.
Post #: 1542
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 1:38:07 PM   
Murph

We had the leverage and instead just bent over.

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 1543
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 1:39:09 PM   
jbusse

It would be easy to write a program that could instantaneously assess trade compensation based on any set of draft value charts. I assume Kwesi has something like that, given his background.
Post #: 1544
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 1:40:09 PM   
Murph

I'd feel better if Kwesi didn't make any trades in the future. I don't trust him negotiating or his new fangled charts.

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 1545
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 1:43:18 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Detroit flat out openly said they would have given more. How Kwesi bungled that is mind blowing.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1546
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 1:47:09 PM   
Ricky J

Big deal! There is nothing more to see here, let's move on ...
Post #: 1547
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 1:48:22 PM   
Ricky J

Would you take what players Rick would of ended up with, people? Or are you ok with what we have ... at this point anyway?

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 4/30/2022 2:08:09 PM >
Post #: 1548
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 2:00:38 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Would you take what Rick would of ended up with players, people? Or are you ok with what we have ... at this time?

This is Kwesi's first rodeo. He got bucked off real quick but jumped back on and settled down.

Even so ... UNTIL we have some distance to see how these players turn out (because that's all that matters) the 2022 draft is about him losing the first round. to the Lions.
Post #: 1549
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 2:01:13 PM   
kgdabom

Vikings draft a Gopher

Pre-Draft Analysis
Otomewo is a big defensive end with the strength to hold his ground and the length to press blockers off his frame. He chases with good effort and makes some plays in pursuit. He flashes violent hands and has some upside as an interior pass-rusher. Two of his three sacks last season came in the bowl game, and he doesn't have ideal burst or change of direction for an edge rusher. -- Steve Muench

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1550
Page:   <<   < prev  60 61 [62] 63 64   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2022 NFL draft Page: <<   < prev  60 61 [62] 63 64   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode