Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2022 NFL draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2022 NFL draft Page: <<   < prev  62 63 [64] 65 66   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 2:55:48 PM   
Chris Olson

tackle with 52 career starts at Illinois

maybe ends up at guard
Post #: 1576
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 3:00:40 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

I am surprised we haven't grabbed a TE.

Calceterra 6'4 241 ran a 4.62 at combine ... quality athlete with ball skills

Has concussion issues so he meets our medical standard.

Maybe Davidson is making some progress.

KOC loves Mundt.
Post #: 1577
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 3:01:54 PM  1 votes
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Detroit's GM pretty well acknowledged that they were surprised at how little Kwesi asked for when the Lions called and they jumped on it. Regardless of what the charts say, KAM could have gotten more.

Someone else referenced this. Do you know where I can find the quote from the GM?

"When we talked about trading up 12, we expected the Vikings to demand at least a first, and we were ready to pay that because we wanted our guy. When they said all they wanted was a swap of seconds and our third rounder Dan started jumping for joy. Those offers only happen once and a while so we had to jump at that." - Lions GM Brad Holmes

Again, the trade was not a disaster, but they clearly could have gotten more. I think KAM learned his lesson because he has done pretty well since.

Where did it come from, though? I can't find it anywhere in the GM's comments or reporting from credible sources. It just doesn't sound like something a GM says about another GM, and the graphic I saw came from Facebook, it looked like. Not saying you made it up, obviously, or that it definitely wasn't said, but I can't find it and it has a bad whiff.

I believe with great conviction, though I'm not certain, that this quote is 100% made up. It doesn't show up in reporting about the trade in the Detroit Free Press or The Athletic, at least that I can find. If you write the verbiage in a Google search field, you get nothing. If someone can find it reported by a credible source I will readily concede, but people are responding to this in exactly the way someone who makes up shit like this would want. Reminds me of our electoral politics.
Post #: 1578
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 3:05:43 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Olson

maybe ends up at guard

You got a draft pick exactly right. Minnesota DE.

You are the leader coming down the stretch.

Bill J. got Illinois LT right. But not in right order
Post #: 1579
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 3:06:58 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Detroit's GM pretty well acknowledged that they were surprised at how little Kwesi asked for when the Lions called and they jumped on it. Regardless of what the charts say, KAM could have gotten more.

Someone else referenced this. Do you know where I can find the quote from the GM?

"When we talked about trading up 12, we expected the Vikings to demand at least a first, and we were ready to pay that because we wanted our guy. When they said all they wanted was a swap of seconds and our third rounder Dan started jumping for joy. Those offers only happen once and a while so we had to jump at that." - Lions GM Brad Holmes

Again, the trade was not a disaster, but they clearly could have gotten more. I think KAM learned his lesson because he has done pretty well since.

Where did it come from, though? I can't find it anywhere in the GM's comments or reporting from credible sources. It just doesn't sound like something a GM says about another GM, and the graphic I saw came from Facebook, it looked like. Not saying you made it up, obviously, or that it definitely wasn't said, but I can't find it and it has a bad whiff.

I believe with great conviction, though I'm not certain, that this quote is 100% made up. It doesn't show up in reporting about the trade in the Detroit Free Press or The Athletic, at least that I can find. If you write the verbiage in a Google search field, you get nothing. If someone can find it reported by a credible source I will readily concede, but people are responding to this in exactly the way someone who makes up shit like this would want. Reminds me of our electoral politics.

I agree. I would need a source to give it any legs ... be really surprised if Homes ... who unfortunately I like ... poured sauce on top of getting the better of the deal.

Its probably started as a misinterpretation by a viking fan not liking the trade.
Post #: 1580
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 3:08:10 PM   
Tom Sykes

Just missed on Amare Barno.
Post #: 1581
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 3:11:06 PM   
Tom Sykes

wr speedy nailor

Gzuz. Injuries mean nothing in our evaluations.
Post #: 1582
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 3:12:16 PM   
Chris Olson

there's a WR
Post #: 1583
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 3:15:59 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

It sure doesn't. It'd make zero sense to say it if it was true - in what way could it turn in to a positive for your football team?
Post #: 1584
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 3:17:09 PM   
Chris Olson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

maybe ends up at guard

You got a draft pick exactly right. Minnesota DE.

You are the leader coming down the stretch.

Bill J. got Illinois LT right. But not in right order

that's fun...lol
Post #: 1585
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 3:28:51 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Viking Rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Viking Rich

I just woke up from a nap to find that the Vikings drafted my absolute favorite RB in college last year!
Love this guy

Cool. You follow NC football?

No, not really. I followed him because of playing college Fantasy Football. I happen to take flyer on him as I started looking at some college RBs, and watched him throughout the season. He did not disappoint. In my opinion, I would have taken him over any other college back I've seen.

Can catch and run. An Absolute Stud and a steal for the Vikings.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1586
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 3:34:27 PM   
DeLain

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I agree. I would need a source to give it any legs ... be really surprised if Homes ... who unfortunately I like ... poured sauce on top of getting the better of the deal.

Its probably started as a misinterpretation by a viking fan not liking the trade.

It originated from a tweet by NFC North News. I does appear to be made up after looking at other stuff they post.
Post #: 1587
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 3:37:12 PM   
Chris Olson

Didn't the Rams send their RB deep regularly?

Maybe that is what they are thinking with Chandler...

Could be a fun piece to move around the field
Post #: 1588
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 3:38:48 PM   
DeLain

quote:

Cheap version of Deebo Samuels?
Post #: 1589
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 3:48:44 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeLain

quote:

Cheap version of Deebo Samuels?

That's what I was thinking. I'd been wondering if they could do something like that with Kene, but I don't know if he has the downfield chops. This guy seems made for third-down back and/or gadget guy split out for jet sweeps, screens, and downfield stuff. Also, wheel routes with the right guy against the right look are almost impossible to stop.
Post #: 1590
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 3:51:32 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeLain

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It originated from a tweet by NFC North News. I does appear to be made up after looking at other stuff they post.

Yeah, it's a fake account apparently. This has allegedly been debunked by Lions PR.
Post #: 1591
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 4:13:27 PM   
The Happy Norseman

Kwesi botched the first round. Rookie mistake.

That said, I like the way he’s approached this draft. Unlike Spielman, instead of simply stockpiling picks, he actually packaged later round picks to move up and grab the guys he targeted. Which is what well run teams do.

Who knows how the picks will shake out, but the Vikings were woefully thin in the secondary and needed more resources devoted to the oline. The positions the Vikings drafted make sense. We couldn’t always say that during the Spielman regime.

If the Cubs can win the World Series...
Post #: 1592
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 4:16:57 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't know. My son sent it to me.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1593
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 4:26:25 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

wr speedy nailor

Gzuz. Injuries mean nothing in our evaluations.

Watched some highlights on Youtube.

If we play Rutgers next year, he needs to be on the field.
Post #: 1594
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 4:33:01 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't know. My son sent it to me.

DeLain pointed out that it was posted on a fake Twitter account. Lions PR has had to address it to debunk it as an actual quote.

I hate the internet sometimes....
Post #: 1595
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 4:37:21 PM   
TJSweens

My apologies for posting it. My son and I fell for it hook line and sinker. Did a lousy job of vetting that one.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1596
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 4:41:47 PM   
kgdabom

Our final pick I think. TE Nick Muse. 6'5" 249

A four-year varsity football player at tight end and linebacker in High School, Muse also lettered in baseball, basketball, and track and field. He began his college career at William & Mary before transferring to South Carolina ahead of the 2019 season. He enjoyed a breakout season in 2020 but erratic quarterback play in college limited him from truly finding high-level production in the passing game. Muse is a good route-runner that does well to adjust in zone coverage and he features good separation quickness at the top of routes. He is surprisingly strong after the catch where his creativity, burst, physicality, and vision shine. Muse has sufficient hands and ball skills. He is highly competitive with good physicality in everything he does on the field. When it comes to areas of concern, Muse is a below-average in-line blocker that struggles to sustain blocks. He has below-average length and wingspan, which impacts his ability to truly serve as a mismatch weapon in the passing game. Muse has the makings of a quality depth player that can produce in certain personnel groupings and should be a quality special teams contributor.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 4/30/2022 4:46:36 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1597
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 4:45:27 PM   
DavidAOlson

Looks like the Vikes had a clear TE target, and they were pretty sure nobody else was interested.

Seems okay. I like that his brother is in the NFL. So he knows what he's getting into.

I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it. --- Alice
Post #: 1598
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 4:48:46 PM   
joejitsu

What the hell is wrong with eisen? Is he more drunk then I am? Embarrassing.
Post #: 1599
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 4/30/2022 5:38:02 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Trader Kwesi!
Post #: 1600
Page:   <<   < prev  62 63 [64] 65 66   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2022 NFL draft Page: <<   < prev  62 63 [64] 65 66   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode