Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2022 NFL draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2022 NFL draft Page: <<   < prev  65 66 [67] 68 69   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/1/2022 5:24:23 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Beats having to work at Walmart:

Access Vikings @AccessVikings

#Vikings guarantee $250,000 to land undrafted edge rusher McCloud

That's tall cotton. Good for him.

Summary:
Zach McCloud projects to be a developmental edge prospect at the next level. He wins off the edge with athletic ability, long arms, and physical toughness. He struggles to process run concepts and has some terrible tape as an off ball linebacker. Way too many false steps and unnecessary movement. Will make an impact on special teams.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/1/2022 5:30:08 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1651
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/1/2022 5:30:17 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Minnesota was also desperate at CB, I wish they would have just stayed put and hoped the injury prone Booth fell to them in the 2nd round. It would have been interesting what picks the Vikes would have made if they had done, assuming they still would have gotten Booth.

I'm pretty certain he wouldn't have lasted 11 more picks. We did the move that we needed to do. If we had come out of this draft without him it would have changed a successful draft to an unsuccessful one.

Hard to know. Not every regime has a sick morbid fascination with injuries.

He still plays. I'm confident that the Vikings medical staff knows what they're doing and they OKed him.

Like Darrisaw.

Darrisaw took some time, but everything seems OK now. If he had played most of the year we probably would have made the playoffs so all his missed games hurt. You can be all worried about Booth's health. I'm choosing not to be.

I’m less worried and more realistic. Thats all.
Post #: 1652
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/1/2022 5:43:46 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Minnesota was also desperate at CB, I wish they would have just stayed put and hoped the injury prone Booth fell to them in the 2nd round. It would have been interesting what picks the Vikes would have made if they had done, assuming they still would have gotten Booth.

I'm pretty certain he wouldn't have lasted 11 more picks. We did the move that we needed to do. If we had come out of this draft without him it would have changed a successful draft to an unsuccessful one.

He still plays. I'm confident that the Vikings medical staff knows what they're doing and they OKed him.

Like Darrisaw.

Darrisaw took some time, but everything seems OK now. If he had played most of the year we probably would have made the playoffs so all his missed games hurt. You can be all worried about Booth's health. I'm choosing not to be.

Realistic is overrated.
He'll either play or he won't. I'm expecting him to play and play very well.
Defensive RoY.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1653
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/1/2022 5:44:40 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeLain

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Detroit's GM pretty well acknowledged that they were surprised at how little Kwesi asked for when the Lions called and they jumped on it. Regardless of what the charts say, KAM could have gotten more.

Someone else referenced this. Do you know where I can find the quote from the GM?

"When we talked about trading up 12, we expected the Vikings to demand at least a first, and we were ready to pay that because we wanted our guy. When they said all they wanted was a swap of seconds and our third rounder Dan started jumping for joy. Those offers only happen once and a while so we had to jump at that." - Lions GM Brad Holmes

Again, the trade was not a disaster, but they clearly could have gotten more. I think KAM learned his lesson because he has done pretty well since.

Where did it come from, though? I can't find it anywhere in the GM's comments or reporting from credible sources. It just doesn't sound like something a GM says about another GM, and the graphic I saw came from Facebook, it looked like. Not saying you made it up, obviously, or that it definitely wasn't said, but I can't find it and it has a bad whiff.

I believe with great conviction, though I'm not certain, that this quote is 100% made up. It doesn't show up in reporting about the trade in the Detroit Free Press or The Athletic, at least that I can find. If you write the verbiage in a Google search field, you get nothing. If someone can find it reported by a credible source I will readily concede, but people are responding to this in exactly the way someone who makes up shit like this would want. Reminds me of our electoral politics.

I agree. I would need a source to give it any legs ... be really surprised if Homes ... who unfortunately I like ... poured sauce on top of getting the better of the deal.

Its probably started as a misinterpretation by a viking fan not liking the trade.

It originated from a tweet by NFC North News. I does appear to be made up after looking at other stuff they post.

Yeah, it's a fake account apparently. This has allegedly been debunked by Lions PR.

Maybe it wasn't an actual quote, but I would imagine they were thinking it.

So presenting fake things on the internet as truth and people reacting to it is fine.
Post #: 1654
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/1/2022 6:43:44 PM   
Ricky J

Gotta have the indignation on social media ... or you know, what's the point?
Post #: 1655
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/1/2022 6:45:03 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Gotta have the indignation on social media ... or you know, what's the point?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1656
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/1/2022 6:50:22 PM   
Phil Riewer

I was more worried about quality depth in the secondary. We have some in the secondary now if Peterson is hurt or if this is his last year

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1657
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/1/2022 7:02:31 PM  1 votes
Karl Juhnke

I would agree that getting Booth tips the scales to the draft being acceptable. As day 1 unfolded and I was as confused as everyone, my final best guess was Booth at 32. So to get a player of Sine’s quality, and still get Booth, that’s not bad.

And the other picks seem fine too. I won’t pretend to know anything about them.
Post #: 1658
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/1/2022 7:33:21 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Like Darrisaw.

Realistic is overrated.
He'll either play or he won't. I'm expecting him to play and play very well.
Defensive RoY.

Exactly. He will or he won’t. Hopefully sooner than later.
Post #: 1659
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/1/2022 7:33:25 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

I would agree that getting Booth tips the scales to the draft being acceptable. As day 1 unfolded and I was as confused as everyone, my final best guess was Booth at 32. So to get a player of Sine’s quality, and still get Booth, that’s not bad.

Akayleb Evans is an amazing athlete and Ty chandler is a very talented RB. I encourage you to check out this link of Chandler.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPelEbm7hn8

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1660
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/1/2022 7:45:20 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Detroit's GM pretty well acknowledged that they were surprised at how little Kwesi asked for when the Lions called and they jumped on it. Regardless of what the charts say, KAM could have gotten more.

Someone else referenced this. Do you know where I can find the quote from the GM?

"When we talked about trading up 12, we expected the Vikings to demand at least a first, and we were ready to pay that because we wanted our guy. When they said all they wanted was a swap of seconds and our third rounder Dan started jumping for joy. Those offers only happen once and a while so we had to jump at that." - Lions GM Brad Holmes

Again, the trade was not a disaster, but they clearly could have gotten more. I think KAM learned his lesson because he has done pretty well since.

Where did it come from, though? I can't find it anywhere in the GM's comments or reporting from credible sources. It just doesn't sound like something a GM says about another GM, and the graphic I saw came from Facebook, it looked like. Not saying you made it up, obviously, or that it definitely wasn't said, but I can't find it and it has a bad whiff.

I believe with great conviction, though I'm not certain, that this quote is 100% made up. It doesn't show up in reporting about the trade in the Detroit Free Press or The Athletic, at least that I can find. If you write the verbiage in a Google search field, you get nothing. If someone can find it reported by a credible source I will readily concede, but people are responding to this in exactly the way someone who makes up shit like this would want. Reminds me of our electoral politics.

I agree. I would need a source to give it any legs ... be really surprised if Homes ... who unfortunately I like ... poured sauce on top of getting the better of the deal.

Its probably started as a misinterpretation by a viking fan not liking the trade.

It originated from a tweet by NFC North News. I does appear to be made up after looking at other stuff they post.

Yeah, it's a fake account apparently. This has allegedly been debunked by Lions PR.

Maybe it wasn't an actual quote, but I would imagine they were thinking it.

So presenting fake things on the internet as truth and people reacting to it is fine.

That’s not my interpretation … “Maybe it wasn’t an actual quote but you have to wonder if Holmes was thinking that he got a much better end of the deal.”

Nobody judged fake information and reaction to it on the internet as ‘fine’. Nobody. Its the scourge of our civilization right now.
Post #: 1661
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/1/2022 8:43:59 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

I found this somewhat useful:

Draft Grade Chart

It's useful in realizing what a complete waste draft day grades are. The Vikings received literally every letter grade A through F. The D and F were for no other reason than the graders couldn't get past the first round swap to even look at the players taken.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1662
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/1/2022 8:58:01 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

Draft Grade Chart

It's useful in realizing what a complete waste draft day grades are. The Vikings received literally every letter grade A through F. The D and F were for no other reason than the graders couldn't get past the first round swap to even look at the players taken.

That's exactly what I took from the turd at SI. You dropped too many spots for the compensation you got so you're getting a D- for the whole draft!

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 5/1/2022 8:59:04 PM >
Post #: 1663
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/1/2022 9:05:04 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

Original: Tom wrote..
Nobody judged fake information and reaction to it on the internet as ‘fine’. Nobody. Its the scourge of our civilization right now.

Lines must be drawn, lives must be quartered, it’s all about the followers and likes..

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 5/1/2022 9:06:14 PM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1664
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/1/2022 10:16:24 PM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Olson

Didn't the Rams send their RB deep regularly?

Maybe that is what they are thinking with Chandler...

Could be a fun piece to move around the field

Cheap version of Deebo Samuels?

That's what I was thinking. I'd been wondering if they could do something like that with Kene, but I don't know if he has the downfield chops. This guy seems made for third-down back and/or gadget guy split out for jet sweeps, screens, and downfield stuff. Also, wheel routes with the right guy against the right look are almost impossible to stop.

Like against A. Barr?

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 1665
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/2/2022 7:55:12 AM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

Akayleb Evans is an amazing athlete and Ty chandler is a very talented RB. I encourage you to check out this link of Chandler.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPelEbm7hn8

Oh I’ve seen YouTube clips. But I’ve long ago concluded that watching clips doesn’t equate to knowing anything about them.

< Message edited by Karl Juhnke -- 5/2/2022 7:56:23 AM >
Post #: 1666
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/2/2022 8:02:00 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

Draft Grade Chart

I'd give it a B-to-B+. I like the fellas addressing needs. That's a nice change from the pixie dust we have been served in the past decade.

Not a big fan of moving backwards or trading within the division, but those are my hang-ups. Anything after the fourth round doesn't matter to me.

We had a horrid defense last season. They addressed it. We needed depth up front on offense, they addressed it.

I liked the plan. Now we get two years to see if they know how to evaluate talent.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 5/2/2022 8:16:03 AM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1667
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/2/2022 8:05:58 AM   
Phil Riewer

Read somewhere that our backup linebackers Dye, Lynch, and Surat aren't physical enough nor quick enough to cover....reason for drafting Asamoah.

Post #: 1668
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/2/2022 8:07:38 AM   
Phil Riewer

Was looking at some clips of WR Nailor. Eerily similar to Diggs. Keenan McCardell's pick.

While going for a walk on Saturday I replayed KFAN Saturdays with sauce.....what a meltdown. He really wanted us to draft QB Howell and a TE in the 4th/5th.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/2/2022 8:09:22 AM >

Post #: 1669
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/2/2022 8:31:14 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

quote:

Draft Grade Chart

I'd give it a B-to-B+. I like the fellas addressing needs. That's a nice change from the pixie dust we have been served in the past decade.

Not a big fan of moving backwards or trading within the division, but those are my hang-ups. Anything after the fourth round doesn't matter to me.

We had a horrid defense last season. They addressed it. We needed depth up front on offense, they addressed it.

I liked the plan. Now we get two years to see if they know how to evaluate talent.

That's fair. Much better, and more objective, than the stuff at SI.
Post #: 1670
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/2/2022 8:48:53 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Read somewhere that our backup linebackers Dye, Lynch, and Surat aren't physical enough nor quick enough to cover....reason for drafting Asamoah.

Where does Surratt fit in? OLB? ILB? Hybrid LB/S?
Post #: 1671
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/2/2022 9:15:22 AM   
Mark Anderson

FWIW, Louis Riddick brags up Ed Ingram.
Post #: 1672
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/2/2022 9:16:53 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Lots of questions from the 2021 draft. As good as the 2020 draft was (Cleveland and Jefferson starters, Wonnum, Dantzler, Osborne, Hand, Dye seeing time; Gladney was looking good for a while); 2021 has a lot of questions outside of Darrisaw.

Post #: 1673
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/2/2022 9:21:17 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

Base 3-4 Defense [codename: waterbug]

Inside LBs (6-1 and under): Kendricks 6-0 232, Hicks 6-1 236, Asamoah 6-1 228

ST LBs (6-2 and over): Dye 6-3 225, Lynch 6-3 233, Surratt 6-2 233
Post #: 1674
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/2/2022 9:24:17 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

so many of the smaller linebackers, that play the pass pretty well, are completely ineffective against the run...they easily get bowled over by o-linemen...i was looking at surratt's profile recently and i thought that he'd do well as a strong safety...he's got good size and speed for that position and was considered good in pass coverage in college....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1675
Page:   <<   < prev  65 66 [67] 68 69   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2022 NFL draft Page: <<   < prev  65 66 [67] 68 69   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode