Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2022 NFL draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2022 NFL draft Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/21/2022 12:28:20 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Trade up, down, sideways and go CB - IOL- CB in the 20-40 range (picks 21, 30, 42).

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 3/21/2022 12:32:46 PM >
Post #: 176
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/21/2022 1:17:21 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

You gotta have corners. If you don't, you aren't stopping anyone in the year 2022.

You can have all of the defensive linemen you want. If you can't cover, you're dead. A great corner will make an average defensive lineman look good. It doesn't work the other way around.

Give me Aaron Donald over Jalen Ramsey every day of the week.

Only SB teams(off of the top of my head) where the corners outshined the DLine was maybe Raiders(Haynes, Hayes).
Post #: 177
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/21/2022 2:23:10 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

You gotta have corners. If you don't, you aren't stopping anyone in the year 2022.

You can have all of the defensive linemen you want. If you can't cover, you're dead. A great corner will make an average defensive lineman look good. It doesn't work the other way around.

I think the worst part was investing in Alexander and Breeland last year. Took a year of development from Dantzler and Boyd.

Draft 3-4 and go from there. Peterson may be back and New Def Cord may have influence on a couple of FA; some decent players out there yet:

CB Stephon Gilmore 31
CB Bryce Callahan 30 (slot)
CB Patrick Peterson 31
CB K’Waun Williams (slot)
CB Kyle Fuller 30
CB Mike Hughes 25
CB Kevin King 26
CB Chandon Sullivan 25
S Jayron Kearse 28
S Terrell Edmunds 25
S Ronnie Harrison 24
S Deshon Elliot 24
C JC Tretter 31
C Nick Martin 28
G/T Billy Turner 30
G Will Hernandez 26

Nice. Slide free agents sideways into the draft thread since the’ve been quarantined like a bad variant on the sterile FA thread.

The important thing is he got their ages in. Oh how he'd love a hot 21 year old FA.

The site on Daily Norseman has the ages....is that an issue? Most teams do try to get younger except the Lakers.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 178
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/21/2022 2:46:14 PM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Give me Aaron Donald over Jalen Ramsey every day of the week.

Only SB teams(off of the top of my head) where the corners outshined the DLine was maybe Raiders(Haynes, Hayes).

Define outshined.

The best corner is a guy where you almost never hear his name. You know he's doing his job. A good defensive lineman will always get a ton of credit for sacks and have his name called, or show up on SportsCenter, because of the nature of the position.

There was a day when defensive linemen were the most critical element of a defense. That day is long gone. They have to be decent, but they don't have to be great. If you don't have corners, you are dead before the season even starts.

In the case of the Rams, both Jalen Ramsey and Aaron Donald are freakishly good at what they do. It's the perfect combination.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 3/21/2022 2:49:12 PM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 179
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/21/2022 3:13:08 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think the worst part was investing in Alexander and Breeland last year. Took a year of development from Dantzler and Boyd.

Draft 3-4 and go from there. Peterson may be back and New Def Cord may have influence on a couple of FA; some decent players out there yet:

CB Stephon Gilmore 31
CB Patrick Peterson 31
CB Kyle Fuller 30
CB Mike Hughes 25
CB Kevin King 26
CB Chandon Sullivan 25
S Jayron Kearse 28
S Terrell Edmunds 25
S Ronnie Harrison 24
S Deshon Elliot 24
C JC Tretter 31
C Nick Martin 28
G/T Billy Turner 30
G Will Hernandez 26

Nice. Slide free agents sideways into the draft thread since the’ve been quarantined like a bad variant on the sterile FA thread.

The important thing is he got their ages in. Oh how he'd love a hot 21 year old FA.

The site on Daily Norseman has the ages....is that an issue? Most teams do try to get younger except the Lakers.

Go Dodgers!
Post #: 180
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/21/2022 3:30:44 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

CB Stephon Gilmore 31
CB Patrick Peterson 31
CB Kyle Fuller 30
CB Mike Hughes 25
CB Kevin King 26
CB Chandon Sullivan 25
S Jayron Kearse 28
S Terrell Edmunds 25
S Ronnie Harrison 24
S Deshon Elliot 24
C JC Tretter 31
C Nick Martin 28
G/T Billy Turner 30
G Will Hernandez 26

If you were a talkvikes supervisor ypur deplorable age discrimination would have got you canned long ago.

Baby Pierce Phillips and now this .. you probably put more weight on youth than position.
Post #: 181
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/21/2022 3:48:20 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

CB Stephon Gilmore 31
CB Patrick Peterson 31
CB Kyle Fuller 30
CB Mike Hughes 25
CB Kevin King 26
CB Chandon Sullivan 25
S Jayron Kearse 28
S Terrell Edmunds 25
S Ronnie Harrison 24
S Deshon Elliot 24
C JC Tretter 31
C Nick Martin 28
G/T Billy Turner 30
G Will Hernandez 26

If you were a talkvikes supervisor ypur deplorable age discrimination would have got you canned long ago.

Baby Pierce Phillips and now this .. you probably put more weight on youth than position.

No, I feel it isn't time to overpay and I was against it for two other veterans also (Smith and Thielen). The replacement player for Pierce was rated better, cheaper, and 3-4 years younger....but apparently you two feel the need to keep your focus and narrative on age.

Post #: 182
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/21/2022 4:57:41 PM   
Bill Johanesen

I feel it isn't time to overpay

It isn't the time to "overpay"?? With what? $1.2 million remaining cap and no cap to sign the rookies?

Reminds me of when Costanza asked Susan to sign a prenup. ~ I make more money than you, sure I'll sign it. A prenup LMAO.
Post #: 183
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/21/2022 5:07:42 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

CB Stephon Gilmore 31
CB Patrick Peterson 31
CB Kyle Fuller 30
CB Mike Hughes 25
CB Kevin King 26
CB Chandon Sullivan 25
S Jayron Kearse 28
S Terrell Edmunds 25
S Ronnie Harrison 24
S Deshon Elliot 24
C JC Tretter 31
C Nick Martin 28
G/T Billy Turner 30
G Will Hernandez 26

No, I feel it isn't time to overpay and I was against it for two other veterans also (Smith and Thielen). The replacement player for Pierce was rated better, cheaper, and 3-4 years younger....but apparently you two feel the need to keep your focus and narrative on age.

Bill has a perverse sense of humor.

I defend the rights of all.

You're into ... I don't even want to know ... but I'm sure there's league officials out there working to prevent it.

AND 3-4 years / one season difference is nothing, you treat it like they come from different generations. Phillips has a ways to go to prove he's a long haul starter. He's only done it in spurts.
Post #: 184
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/21/2022 5:40:21 PM   
thebigo

quote:

It isn't the time to "overpay"?? With what? $1.2 million remaining cap and no cap to sign the rookies?

Reminds me of when Costanza asked Susan to sign a prenup. ~ I make more money than you, sure I'll sign it. A prenup LMAO.

"The Pick"
Post #: 185
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/21/2022 7:51:03 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

There is way more than 1.2 million.

Post #: 186
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/21/2022 8:29:58 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Overthecap now shows 1.3. Spotrac at 2.4.

If they are correct, there is not "way more". Maybe later...

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 3/21/2022 8:43:34 PM >
Post #: 187
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/21/2022 8:32:43 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

There may be more in the future, but right now there is not.

Kwesi is waiting to get approved for a new AmEx.
Post #: 188
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/21/2022 8:35:42 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

CB Stephon Gilmore 31
CB Patrick Peterson 31
CB Kyle Fuller 30
CB Mike Hughes 25
CB Kevin King 26
CB Chandon Sullivan 25
S Jayron Kearse 28
S Terrell Edmunds 25
S Ronnie Harrison 24
S Deshon Elliot 24
C JC Tretter 31
C Nick Martin 28
G/T Billy Turner 30
G Will Hernandez 26

You're into ... I don't even want to know ... but I'm sure there's league officials out there working to prevent it.

AND 3-4 years / one season difference is nothing, you treat it like they come from different generations. Phillips has a ways to go to prove he's a long haul starter. He's only done it in spurts.

Za'Darius Smith will be 30 when the season starts and was (still is?) in Minny today. Phil is freaking out
Post #: 189
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/21/2022 9:54:38 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

CB Stephon Gilmore 31
CB Patrick Peterson 31
CB Kyle Fuller 30
CB Mike Hughes 25
CB Kevin King 26
CB Chandon Sullivan 25
S Jayron Kearse 28
S Terrell Edmunds 25
S Ronnie Harrison 24
S Deshon Elliot 24
C JC Tretter 31
C Nick Martin 28
G/T Billy Turner 30
G Will Hernandez 26

Za'Darius Smith will be 30 when the season starts and was (still is?) in Minny today. Phil is freaking out

Just how in the hell are they planning on courting Smith?

With a gift card for Golden Corral?

[Do they even serve liver and onions for an old nfl vet. It has to be mushy and denture friendly, that's for sure].
Post #: 190
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/21/2022 10:29:10 PM   
Phil Riewer

I am more freaked out by Smiths back. Bill is so in awe how the new GM is leveraging the cap he still can’t understand or focus on anything but Pierces age. Similar to Brads focus on 2018-19 two minute offense or cb make the defense

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 3/21/2022 10:31:27 PM >

Post #: 191
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/21/2022 10:30:18 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

CB Stephon Gilmore 31
CB Patrick Peterson 31
CB Kyle Fuller 30
CB Mike Hughes 25
CB Kevin King 26
CB Chandon Sullivan 25
S Jayron Kearse 28
S Terrell Edmunds 25
S Ronnie Harrison 24
S Deshon Elliot 24
C JC Tretter 31
C Nick Martin 28
G/T Billy Turner 30
G Will Hernandez 26

[Do they even serve liver and onions for an old nfl vet. It has to be mushy and denture friendly, that's for sure].

Hunters roster bonus can be converted at any time.

Post #: 192
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/21/2022 10:53:37 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

CB Stephon Gilmore 31
CB Patrick Peterson 31
CB Kyle Fuller 30
CB Mike Hughes 25
CB Kevin King 26
CB Chandon Sullivan 25
S Jayron Kearse 28
S Terrell Edmunds 25
S Ronnie Harrison 24
S Deshon Elliot 24
C JC Tretter 31
C Nick Martin 28
G/T Billy Turner 30
G Will Hernandez 26

That's true.

But then what? This move money around / fill it in, move money around / fill it in approach is agonizing.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 3/22/2022 1:21:10 AM >
Post #: 193
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/22/2022 7:13:54 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

CB Stephon Gilmore 31
CB Patrick Peterson 31
CB Kyle Fuller 30
CB Mike Hughes 25
CB Kevin King 26
CB Chandon Sullivan 25
S Jayron Kearse 28
S Terrell Edmunds 25
S Ronnie Harrison 24
S Deshon Elliot 24
C JC Tretter 31
C Nick Martin 28
G/T Billy Turner 30
G Will Hernandez 26

That's true.

But then what? This move money around / fill it in, move money around / fill it in approach is agonizing.

You seem way to caught up in it. It is done almost every offseason...

Post #: 194
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/22/2022 7:15:21 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

If they are correct, there is not "way more". Maybe later...

I read they have as much as 20 million w/o any other restructures.

If they sign Smith, Tretter/Bates, and a Callahan. That is more than I thought they would get done.

Kwesi also is trying to change the culture. The new DT Phillips and LB Hicks are supposedly some of the best leaders available in FA.

Phillips was third in the Walter Payton man of the year.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 3/22/2022 7:22:10 AM >

Post #: 195
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/22/2022 8:40:52 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

CB Stephon Gilmore 31
CB Patrick Peterson 31
CB Kyle Fuller 30
CB Mike Hughes 25
CB Kevin King 26
CB Chandon Sullivan 25
S Jayron Kearse 28
S Terrell Edmunds 25
S Ronnie Harrison 24
S Deshon Elliot 24
C JC Tretter 31
C Nick Martin 28
G/T Billy Turner 30
G Will Hernandez 26

That's true.

And how successful have we been lately?

Reality never seems to stand in your way but it irks me sometimes.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 3/22/2022 9:10:47 AM >
Post #: 196
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/22/2022 9:46:48 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

I am more freaked out by Smiths back. Bill is so in awe how the new GM is leveraging the cap he still can’t understand or focus on anything but Pierces age. Similar to Brads focus on 2018-19 two minute offense or cb make the defense

That's all you got? Projecting your age love onto me? Pretty bad, even for you.

"Leveraging the cap", LOL!

Like Kramer saying "They just write it off" without knowing a thing about it.
Post #: 197
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/22/2022 9:48:49 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

CB Stephon Gilmore 31
CB Patrick Peterson 31
CB Kyle Fuller 30
CB Mike Hughes 25
CB Kevin King 26
CB Chandon Sullivan 25
S Jayron Kearse 28
S Terrell Edmunds 25
S Ronnie Harrison 24
S Deshon Elliot 24
C JC Tretter 31
C Nick Martin 28
G/T Billy Turner 30
G Will Hernandez 26

That's true.

And how successful have we been lately?

Reality never seems to stand in your way but it irks me sometimes.

Reality is what you aren't grasping. It is March 22nd....when does the season start? So say you bitch for 2 weeks or 2 months even and they sign Z Smith and Tretter......who is really struggling with reality?

Post #: 198
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/22/2022 9:50:45 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

That's all you got? Projecting your age love onto me? Pretty bad, even for you.

"Leveraging the cap", LOL!

Like Kramer saying "They just write it off" without knowing a thing about it.

What are they writing off? Converting a Roster Bonus into a Signing Bonus is a write off to you? I am the one laughing.

Post #: 199
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 3/22/2022 9:52:17 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

CB Stephon Gilmore 31
CB Patrick Peterson 31
CB Kyle Fuller 30
CB Mike Hughes 25
CB Kevin King 26
CB Chandon Sullivan 25
S Jayron Kearse 28
S Terrell Edmunds 25
S Ronnie Harrison 24
S Deshon Elliot 24
C JC Tretter 31
C Nick Martin 28
G/T Billy Turner 30
G Will Hernandez 26

That's true.

Yes, we certainly shouldn't be caught up in it... even after seeing Spielman "leverage the cap" every offseason.

WOW!
Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2022 NFL draft Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode