Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2022 Free Agency

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2022 Free Agency Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 4/11/2022 3:17:10 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

IF the Vikes really think they have a chance at winning a SB this year, they should trade for Deebo.

You do know what salary Deebo wants...salary we will have to give to Jefferson and the salary cap issues we already have. I must ask are you serious?

It's not only that but what the 49ers would want us to give up to get him.

That is never considered in the Tecmo Bowl world Trekkie...

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 476
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 4/11/2022 3:54:55 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

IF the Vikes really think they have a chance at winning a SB this year, they should trade for Deebo.

You do know what salary Deebo wants...salary we will have to give to Jefferson and the salary cap issues we already have. I must ask are you serious?

It's not only that but what the 49ers would want us to give up to get him.

That is never considered in the Tecmo Bowl world Trekkie...

David Boston might be around for cheap.
Post #: 477
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 4/11/2022 6:14:59 PM   
marty

Deebo would make it MUCH harder for the opposition to stop the Vikings' offense.

Not a bad move when you have a mediocre QB and are trying to win a Super Bowl.

You make it happen financially, this is where you move money down the road, because you're going for it right now.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 478
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 4/11/2022 6:40:01 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Deebo would make it MUCH harder for the opposition to stop the Vikings' offense.

You make it happen financially, this is where you move money down the road, because you're going for it right now.

Yeah, because in NFL circles THE story of the offseason is the Vikings are on the cusp
Post #: 479
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 4/11/2022 8:17:27 PM   
marty

No, because they're behaving in a manner as if they are contending this year or next year.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 480
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 4/11/2022 8:59:13 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

No, because they're behaving in a manner as if they are contending this year or next year.

I think the phrase from the horse's mouth - which isn't you - is competitive rebuild. The same shit they've spewed for 15 years.

Nonetheless, your fantastical Deebo love isn't part of that. See Phil Riewer, Tecmo Bowl.
Post #: 481
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 4/21/2022 9:47:37 PM   
marty

Trade for Deebo if you're serious about winning.

He'll be worth every penny.

Had the 49ers not had Deebo, they probably wouldn't have made the playoffs, or they would have lost the playoff game to the Pack.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 482
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 4/22/2022 9:45:05 AM   
Brad H

quote:

You can have five Deebo Samuels' on the team, and if your defense gives up 426 points you aren't going anywhere.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 483
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 4/22/2022 10:08:17 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Had the 49ers not had Deebo, they probably wouldn't have made the playoffs, or they would have lost the playoff game to the Pack.

I can't think of a worse way to move forward for this team than trading for a soon-to-be-holding-out and after to-be-exorbitantly-paid WR. With Thielen on the books, a year from breaking the bank on JJ and a below .500 team ... it would be completely short-sighted and irresponsible.

If the regime wants to lust over a wr, they can draft one high this year.
Post #: 484
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 4/22/2022 10:27:19 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Depends on the cost....If you have Thielen and JJ....how many targets? What if Osborne and Smith-Marsette both take another leap of improvement....I would rather grab a starter at S, CB, Edge, DT.

Post #: 485
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 4/22/2022 10:31:34 AM   
Todd M

I don't know if we have to entertain every one of Marty's whims.

It's 100% not going to happen.
Post #: 486
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 4/22/2022 11:00:14 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

I can't think of a worse way to move forward for this team than trading for a soon-to-be-holding-out and after to-be-exorbitantly-paid WR. With Thielen on the books, a year from breaking the bank on JJ and a below .500 team ... it would be completely short-sighted and irresponsible.

If the regime wants to lust over a wr, they can draft one high this year.

Anyone trading for Deebo will need to extend him immediately.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 487
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 4/23/2022 12:18:13 AM   
marty

You either trade Theilen for Deebo, or you promise Deebo he won't have to run too often as we have Cook and some other WR targets.

The defense will likely be quite a bit stronger with the change of scheme, plus Breeland being gone.

Deebo would make the Vikings a SB contender for the next 2 seasons.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 488
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 4/23/2022 8:46:22 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

You either trade Theilen for Deebo, or you promise Deebo he won't have to run too often as we have Cook and some other WR targets.

The defense will likely be quite a bit stronger with the change of scheme, plus Breeland being gone.

Then we lose JJ because you can't pay 2 WRs 25M+.
Post #: 489
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 4/23/2022 10:12:17 AM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Then we lose JJ because you can't pay 2 WRs 25M+.

This is also one of the primary reasons to draft a WR at 12, so you can maximize the pairing of JJ with another elite receiver before having to figure out how/whether to pay both at the current premium.
Post #: 490
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 4/23/2022 10:19:46 AM   
marty

You get creative with the cap.

You pay Deebo big money this year, so you have a shot at winning the SB.

If Kirk doesn't show improvement, you trade KC next off-season, and draft a QB to go with Deebo and JJ, you can pay them because you're not shelling out big bucks for a QB.

You then have a shot at winning the SB for several years.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 491
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 4/23/2022 11:18:01 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

You get creative with the cap.

You pay Deebo big money this year, so you have a shot at winning the SB.

If Kirk doesn't show improvement, you trade KC next off-season, and draft a QB to go with Deebo and JJ, you can pay them because you're not shelling out big bucks for a QB.

You then have a shot at winning the SB for several years.

Deebo will cost us our top 2 picks at a minimum.

We aren't winning a SB with the defense we have right now.
Post #: 492
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 4/23/2022 11:39:55 AM   
marty

I would either trade a 2nd rounder this year along with a 2nd rounder next year, or package Thielen with a 3rd rounder.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 493
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 4/23/2022 11:43:51 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

I would either trade a 2nd rounder this year along with a 2nd rounder next year, or package Thielen with a 3rd rounder.

So would I.

Problem is the 49ers won't. They would hang up the phone pretty quick on those proposals.
Post #: 494
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 4/23/2022 1:54:50 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

So would I.

Problem is the 49ers won't. They would hang up the phone pretty quick on those proposals.

Yep. Thielen is, and has been, an incredible asset for the Vikings. He’s also the player most overrated by Vikings fans in general by a mile.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 495
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 4/24/2022 7:16:53 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

So would I.

Yep. Thielen is, and has been, an incredible asset for the Vikings. He’s also the player most overrated by Vikings fans in general by a mile.

Preferred red zone target. Nobody talks about how many games Debo has missed. He is severely underpaid

Post #: 496
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 4/24/2022 9:14:50 AM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So would I.

Preferred red zone target. Nobody talks about how many games Debo has missed. He is severely underpaid

Thielen is missing a lot of games the past few years as well, and is, if anything, overpaid given production. Severely underpaid? David's point could not have be made better...
Post #: 497
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 4/24/2022 9:38:28 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

So would I.

Of course he's our home boy.
Post #: 498
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 4/24/2022 8:24:36 PM   
marty

On a national radio program, I heard a guy from SF talking about how he got excited EVERY play where Deebo got the ball, and he how he's not really looking forward to the upcoming season without Deebo, and how the team will probably have a sucky season.

Deebo is NOT David Boston, he is more like Moss or Peterson, where we would get excited EVERY time they got the ball into his hands

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 499
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 4/24/2022 10:18:58 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

On a national radio program, I heard a guy from SF talking about how he got excited EVERY play where Deebo got the ball, and he how he's not really looking forward to the upcoming season without Deebo, and how the team will probably have a sucky season.

Deebo is NOT David Boston, he is more like Moss or Peterson, where we would get excited EVERY time they got the ball into his hands

oh nm.
Post #: 500
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2022 Free Agency Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode