Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  134 135 [136] 137 138   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/7/2022 7:47:59 PM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

It's weird on the surface that from the 50 yard line each of say seven pass defenders has to cover on average 4,114 SF (including the EZ).

Blitz two of them and it's 5,760 SF for the remaining five.

Hicks is like, hey I can give you 2,200 SF max.

Asamoah can take on 6,000 SF, but he'll get steamrolled from time to time.
Post #: 3376
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/8/2022 2:51:27 AM   
ratoppenheimer

i'd like to see o'connell scheme chandler onto the field...it would be great if we could give cook three weeks off before our playoff run to glory....

"The Vikings have designated cornerback Cameron Dantzler to return from IR and begin practicing today. They have also designated running back Ty Chandler to return from IR and he should start practicing today as well.

Now that both of these players have been designated to return from IR, the team has a 21-day window with which to decide whether to put them on the 53-man roster or to leave them on injured reserve, which would end their season."...dailynorseman

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 12/8/2022 3:14:07 AM >

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 3377
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/8/2022 11:07:55 AM   
twinsfan

Scott Jensen
@drscottjensen

Big time congrats to @Adamthielen and @MRS_T_19 for the fantastic recognition of Vikings nominee for man of the year!
@Tim_Walz @GovTimWalz How about designating a day in January as the Thielen family day in MN?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 3378
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/8/2022 1:05:31 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

i'd like to see o'connell scheme chandler onto the field...it would be great if we could give cook three weeks off before our playoff run to glory....

"The Vikings have designated cornerback Cameron Dantzler to return from IR and begin practicing today. They have also designated running back Ty Chandler to return from IR and he should start practicing today as well.

Now that both of these players have been designated to return from IR, the team has a 21-day window with which to decide whether to put them on the 53-man roster or to leave them on injured reserve, which would end their season."...dailynorseman

I wouldn't count on it.

Chandler would be 4th on the RB depth chart behind Cook, Mattison, Nwangwu,...and Nwangwu only sees the field right now on special teams.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 3379
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/8/2022 2:36:56 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

I wouldn't count on it.

Chandler would be 4th on the RB depth chart behind Cook, Mattison, Nwangwu,...and Nwangwu only sees the field right now on special teams.

we're going to have to put chandler on the 53 or risk losing him...he'll leap over nwangwu, and maybe get some reps....

hopefully, we'll have these players ready to go come playoff time...darren wolfson says the team is preparing for irv smith to be ready soon....

Irv Smith, jr.
Christian Darrisaw
Cameron Dantzler, Sr.
Akayleb Evans

Post #: 3380
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/8/2022 2:51:09 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

I wouldn't count on it.

we're going to have to put chandler on the 53 or risk losing him...he'll leap over nwangwu, and maybe get some reps....

hopefully, we'll have these players ready to go come playoff time...darren wolfson says the team is preparing for irv smith to be ready soon....

Irv Smith, jr.
Christian Darrisaw
Cameron Dantzler, Sr.
Akayleb Evans

Dantzler is eligible to come off the IR this week and is practicing. Darrisaw sounds like another week until he's ready. Evans just went on IR but should be able to come off before playoffs but he's already on his third Concussion...so Not counting on seeing him again this year. Irv Smith is kind of redundant at this point because TJ HOCKENSEN

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 3381
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/8/2022 3:11:29 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I wouldn't count on it.

Irv Smith, jr.
Christian Darrisaw
Cameron Dantzler, Sr.
Akayleb Evans

Dantzler is eligible to come off the IR this week and is practicing. Darrisaw sounds like another week until he's ready. Evans just went on IR but should be able to come off before playoffs but he's already on his third Concussion...so Not counting on seeing him again this year. Irv Smith is kind of redundant at this point because TJ HOCKENSEN

yes, but it'll be interesting to see what o'connell can do with tj and irv together....

Post #: 3382
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/8/2022 3:27:02 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I wouldn't count on it.

Irv Smith, jr.
Christian Darrisaw
Cameron Dantzler, Sr.
Akayleb Evans

yes, but it'll be interesting to see what o'connell can do with tj and irv together....

If he puts them both out there and Irv drops another easyTD that might be a fireable offense

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 3383
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/8/2022 5:59:23 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I wouldn't count on it.

Irv Smith, jr.
Christian Darrisaw
Cameron Dantzler, Sr.
Akayleb Evans

If he puts them both out there and Irv drops another easyTD that might be a fireable offense

he will put them both out there together...hopefully develop some interesting dynamics...maybe, look at new england's playbook with gronk and hernandez....

we'll have some new offensive schemes that the league hasn't seen from us, or prepared for....

Post #: 3384
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/8/2022 8:25:12 PM   
David Levine

They’ll just guard Hock and barely acknowledge Irv.
Post #: 3385
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2022 6:11:14 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

Ak evans was put on IR.

Out with concussion protocols.

It appears my info is incorrect..

Or not..

https://www.vikings.com/team/players-roster/

My only question is can Irv Catch a loaf of bread, let alone a football, and is he any better than Mundt, because we know Hock is the #1 TE.

We need to take Detroit very seriously, they have been putting up points and beating teams.

Inter divisional games are very important and almost always a dog fight, record be damned

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 12/9/2022 6:28:55 AM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 3386
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2022 9:05:17 AM   
Ricky J

Oh my!!

Adam Patrick @Str8_Cash_Homey
·
This week, the #Vikings are the first team with its starting QB and an .800+ win pct to be an underdog vs. a team who is under .500 in December or later since the #Falcons in Week 13 of the 2004 season

The D-Coordinator of that 2004 Falcons team?

Ed Donatell
Post #: 3387
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2022 9:13:02 AM   
Ricky J

Sunday Night Football on NBC @SNFonNBC
·
Official
Three teams can clinch their spot to the postseason in Week 14. [Vikings, Chiefs, Eagles]

- - - Oh my God! That must mean we can actually miss the playoffs

- - - - Ok, enough silly Friday posts
Post #: 3388
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2022 10:18:02 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Zero hope for Smith Jr.

KOC would have to re-scheme the whole offense to ensure Irv gets separation, which he can't do by himself, and then pray he catches the football, which is an iffy proposition at best.

I liked it better thinking he played his last game for the Vikings.
Post #: 3389
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2022 10:19:01 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Oh my!!

·
This week, the #Vikings are the first team with its starting QB and an .800+ win pct to be an underdog vs. a team who is under .500 in December or later since the #Falcons in Week 13 of the 2004 season

Ed Donatell

Did Atlanta win?
Post #: 3390
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2022 10:21:02 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Throw out the records and batten the hatches with three road games against division opponents coming up before the season is over. Hope none end up being evening games.
Post #: 3391
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2022 10:23:07 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Oh my!!

·

Ed Donatell

Did Atlanta win?

I think they lost 9-3 to Brian Griese led Tampa Bay.
Post #: 3392
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2022 11:54:39 AM   
beo

quote:

Zero hope for Smith Jr.

KOC would have to re-scheme the whole offense to ensure Irv gets separation, which he can't do by himself, and then pray he catches the football, which is an iffy proposition at best.

I liked it better thinking he played his last game for the Vikings.

I'm ready to move on from Irv at the end of the season for sure...

However, I think Irv is a pretty solid blocker.
Adding him to the 2 TE set could be a nice positive if he does come back and play.

As far as passing attack.
Red zone I'd be ok... but he just doesn't get much separation... 4th look at best.
Down the field... I just don't trust him.
Post #: 3393
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2022 12:48:13 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh my!!

·

Ed Donatell

Did Atlanta win?

Quite a bit more than that - good call on the odds

-O, your google broke?
Post #: 3394
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2022 1:18:26 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh my!!

·

Ed Donatell

Did Atlanta win?

-O, your google broke?

Whoops, I clicked on the column that has their record. Score was 27-0, wow.
Post #: 3395
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2022 1:28:56 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh my!!

·

Ed Donatell

Did Atlanta win?

-O, your google broke?

It's too hard on my phone, man.
Post #: 3396
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2022 1:48:14 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Tom Pelissero@TomPelissero
Odell Beckham Jr. last night on @NFLonPrime: “I would like to be in a stable environment, get up at 6 am, leave at 6 pm for 4 weeks, and then let’s talk about it. … I’m not saying I couldn’t step in and play the regular season, but I don’t see the point.”

Post #: 3397
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2022 1:48:41 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh my!!

·

Ed Donatell

Did Atlanta win?

-O, your google broke?

It's too hard on my phone, man.

I get that.

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 12/9/2022 2:01:45 PM >
Post #: 3398
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2022 3:48:52 PM   
beo

Just watched the Vikes/Lion highlights from earlier this year.

Metellus made a bunch of plays that game.
Not sure he shouldn't be getting more playing time.

Seemed like one of the only guys that game who was actually actively playing to stop guys short of the first down marker.
Post #: 3399
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2022 4:05:38 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

Just watched the Vikes/Lion highlights from earlier this year.

Metellus made a bunch of plays that game.
Not sure he shouldn't be getting more playing time.

Seemed like one of the only guys that game who was actually actively playing to stop guys short of the first down marker.

his plays have been limited, but metellus grades out as our best safety...he could be starting next year with bynum....

Post #: 3400
Page:   <<   < prev  134 135 [136] 137 138   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  134 135 [136] 137 138   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode