Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2022 1:03:32 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murph

quote:

ORIGINAL: bongbong

quote:

quote:

quote:

OK, that's weird.

Vikings Mt. Rushmore, no ifs, ands, or buts (sorry Joey Browner) and in no order:

Randall McDaniel
Alan Page
Fran Tarkenton
Randy Moss

Loved Browner and AC! That's why I started loving the purple!

Solid Rushmore Bill. I think I may throw in Randle over McDaniel but in no way was he better at his position than crooked stance McDaniel. Just a preference I guess.

Yeah Randle is up there. In McDaniel's rookie year he was already 2nd team this or that. I loved watching him abuse Warren Sapp.

That is a solid list. Can't really think how I'd change it. Easier than i thought!

They were all freaks of nature on the football field in their own way.

I think Foreman, Blair, Yary, Doleman, and AP make the list. Jared Allen too. As bad as some years have been. We have had a lot of great/dominate players in our history. Dante and Millard dominance cut short by injuries.

Dante was only good because of Moss.

Well I went to his first game against the Bears were he had 3 rushing TDs. Moss and CC helped his passing a ton (when younger) but I remember the year Moss was banged up most of the year and Burleson had 10 TDS........Dante was dominate and if he kept himself in better shape and not tore up his knee....

28 Rushing TDs to go with his 109 passing TDS from his age 23-27 seasons.....

Congratulations on the first-ever double cherry picked post! Not only did you cherry pick the timeframe, you cherry picked certain stats within that time frame!

You of course failed when supposedly replying to "Dante was only good because of Moss." If you would have manned up, your stats would have included - or focused - on the seven games in 2005, after Moss was traded. Culpepper passing: 6 TDs and 12 Ints; rushing: 1 TD, 5 fumbles.

And you would have added 74 picks and 66 fumbles to your cherry picked stats in that cherry-picked time span.

Culpepper was already added to the tiny hands rushmore in gackle, north dakota.

gzuz.

I remember telling everyone that Culpepper would be out of the league soon without Moss. I said 2 years. I don't know how long it actually was but it didn't seem like too long.

Did you also predict his massive almost career ending knee injury?

Many people recover from injuries. He was made by Moss and Carter. He was extremely overrated.

In hindsight, take Kearse at @11 and Kerney @29 and RC or George could lead us to SB.

People act like he was doing so good that year BEFORE the injury. I believe he was like 2-5 with 6 tds 12 ints.
Post #: 376
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2022 1:07:03 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

OK, that's weird.

Vikings Mt. Rushmore, no ifs, ands, or buts (sorry Joey Browner) and in no order:

Randall McDaniel
Alan Page
Fran Tarkenton
Randy Moss

Solid Rushmore Bill. I think I may throw in Randle over McDaniel but in no way was he better at his position than crooked stance McDaniel. Just a preference I guess.

Yeah Randle is up there. In McDaniel's rookie year he was already 2nd team this or that. I loved watching him abuse Warren Sapp.

That is a solid list. Can't really think how I'd change it. Easier than i thought!

I think Foreman, Blair, Yary, Doleman, and AP make the list. Jared Allen too. As bad as some years have been. We have had a lot of great/dominate players in our history. Dante and Millard dominance cut short by injuries.

Well I went to his first game against the Bears were he had 3 rushing TDs. Moss and CC helped his passing a ton (when younger) but I remember the year Moss was banged up most of the year and Burleson had 10 TDS........Dante was dominate and if he kept himself in better shape and not tore up his knee....

Congratulations on the first-ever double cherry picked post! Not only did you cherry pick the timeframe, you cherry picked certain stats within that time frame!

You of course failed when supposedly replying to "Dante was only good because of Moss." If you would have manned up, your stats would have included - or focused - on the seven games in 2005, after Moss was traded. Culpepper passing: 6 TDs and 12 Ints; rushing: 1 TD, 5 fumbles.

And you would have added 74 picks and 66 fumbles to your cherry picked stats in that cherry-picked time span.

gzuz.

I remember telling everyone that Culpepper would be out of the league soon without Moss. I said 2 years. I don't know how long it actually was but it didn't seem like too long.

Many people recover from injuries. He was made by Moss and Carter. He was extremely overrated.

In hindsight, take Kearse at @11 and Kerney @29 and RC or George could lead us to SB.

It's not even hindsight. Many of us were shocked/pissed when Kearse was there and we didn't take him.
Post #: 377
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2022 1:10:02 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

OK, that's weird.

Randall McDaniel
Alan Page
Fran Tarkenton
Randy Moss

gzuz.

It's not even hindsight. Many of us were shocked/pissed when Kearse was there and we didn't take him.

Or trade up for McAlister
Post #: 378
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2022 1:18:52 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Or trade up for McAlister

I remember being incredibly pissed when they passed on Kearse. That was a team that was one missed kick away from the Superbowl. The biggest thing they were missing was a dominant edge rusher and they drafted a QBOTF. Kearse racked up 14.5 sacks as a rookie.

< Message edited by TJSweens -- 9/16/2022 1:20:38 PM >

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 379
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2022 5:22:51 PM   
Todd M

Have y'all heard about enjoying the moment?
Post #: 380
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2022 5:30:04 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Why, what is happening right now?
Post #: 381
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2022 7:54:37 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

Why, what is happening right now?

There's a moment coming, it's not here yet. It's approaching, it's almost here.... Oh s*** it's gone man
Post #: 382
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/16/2022 8:56:08 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

Believe me I'm enjoying the O'Connell philosophy much more than I ever did with Zimmer. I was watching him break down plays with Bercich I believe. Everything he says makes sense and has purpose. Love it! Unlike the "we're going to overpower them!" nonsense with the last crew. I'm very interested in seeing how we handle the next game. I feel like we win a close one.
Post #: 383
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2022 10:47:02 AM   
joejitsu

quote:

quote:

Believe me I'm enjoying the O'Connell philosophy much more than I ever did with Zimmer. I was watching him break down plays with Bercich I believe. Everything he says makes sense and has purpose. Love it! Unlike the "we're going to overpower them!" nonsense with the last crew. I'm very interested in seeing how we handle the next game. I feel like we win a close one.

Hopefully, the playbook gets deeper on offense and defense and it gives the coach more stuff to break down with Bercich. But, with PP showing his age at the corner spot, I don’t think we’ll be seeing too many blitzes.
Post #: 384
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/17/2022 1:30:30 PM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

quote:

Hopefully, the playbook gets deeper on offense and defense and it gives the coach more stuff to break down with Bercich. But, with PP showing his age at the corner spot, I don’t think we’ll be seeing too many blitzes.

I'm hoping we finally have a coach that will game plan for each team and not just say, "this is how we do it and we won't change it."
I want to see changes on the fly if a team has found a way to attack us or stop us. No more stubborn pounding away with the same old runs over and over into the line for 2 yards hoping we will break one.

< Message edited by stfrank -- 9/17/2022 1:34:17 PM >
Post #: 385
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2022 11:31:33 AM   
marty

IF the Vikings win at Philly, that would put them in line to win 13 games (based on my before the season predictions), then they will win the division.

Win at Philly, and the Vikings are taking the division.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 386
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2022 1:57:26 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

quote:

I'm hoping we finally have a coach that will game plan for each team and not just say, "this is how we do it and we won't change it."
I want to see changes on the fly if a team has found a way to attack us or stop us. No more stubborn pounding away with the same old runs over and over into the line for 2 yards hoping we will break one.

i think that o'connell is going to open up the cook, osborn, and irv smith part of the playbook in the 1st half, and then go over the top with Jefferson and thielen in the 2nd half....

i expect we'll use some defensive formations that include cine and asamoah, too - their quickness will help to contain hurts....

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 9/19/2022 5:31:53 AM >

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 387
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2022 9:15:46 AM   
Ricky J

How in the world did we ever beat the Packers?

https://twitter.com/JaredBarsNFL/status/1571671697996283905?s=20&t=-rwIJUuke9qrgq1NFy-d9A

Marty has good reasons for thinking GB will beat us every time.

for good measure: https://twitter.com/P_Shels/status/1571687307496783872?s=20&t=-rwIJUuke9qrgq1NFy-d9A

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 9/19/2022 9:18:47 AM >
Post #: 388
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2022 9:46:50 AM  1 votes
Daniel Lee Young

I watched that game..

The number of “ no calls” that the Puke got was just ridiculous..

The league can’t have the MVP’s team and Americas Darlings team, start 0-2 in the division, with a loss to the Vikings, then the Bears beating them at Lamb blowers field..

That was never going to happen, no matter what.

Chris Collisworth is as unwatchable as Joe Suck, and his PFF “analysis” is a joke.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 389
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2022 9:51:05 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

I watched that game..

The league can’t have the MVP’s team and Americas Darlings team, start 0-2 in the division, with a loss to the Vikings, then the Bears beating them at Lamb blowers field..

Chris Collisworth is as unwatchable as Joe Suck, and his PFF “analysis” is a joke.

I could not agree more.

the reffing was atrocious as always in Lameblow.

Collinsworth was giving ARodge credit for everything. Aaron Jones was busting out 10 yards a carry and it was because Aaron Rodgers is great. It was unwatchable with his constant sucking up to the great one.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 390
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2022 9:51:48 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

I’m sure the Bears sent a looooong tape to the league office about blown calls.. but nothing will come of it.

It practically takes a referee being found with betting slips in his pocket, or handing out pain pills and amphetamines on the field, to get one disciplined..

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 9/19/2022 9:53:57 AM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 391
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2022 9:53:08 AM   
David F.

Entitlement Town.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 392
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2022 10:09:56 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

I watched that game..

I could not agree more.

the reffing was atrocious as always in Lameblow.

Collinsworth was giving ARodge credit for everything. Aaron Jones was busting out 10 yards a carry and it was because Aaron Rodgers is great. It was unwatchable with his constant sucking up to the great one.

Nothing can top the referee fueled Puker come back against the Vikings during the Farve era. The calls were so obvious and embarrassing to the league fired the whole crew after the season.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 393
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2022 10:15:13 AM   
Phil Riewer

Just the usual for the Pack; the LT was jumping the snap by at least a .5 second on a few plays and never was called for it...

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 394
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2022 10:50:15 AM   
Phil Riewer

Just think if Rick Spielman took amon-ra st brown instead of chazz surratt..

Post #: 395
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2022 11:01:21 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Just the usual for the Pack; the LT was jumping the snap by at least a .5 second on a few plays and never was called for it...

They had a play where there was a packer leaving the field and didn't get off the field in time and there was NO FLAG.
They blatantly spotted the ball a half yard short of the first down marker when it was clear that Fields had made it to the marker,
as you said the LT was jumping early frequently and no calls.

The fact that this crap has been going on in Lameblow for so many years tells me the NFL is complicit in this. Gotta give our golden boy every chance to win....

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 396
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2022 11:34:37 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

They had a play where there was a packer leaving the field and didn't get off the field in time and there was NO FLAG.
They blatantly spotted the ball a half yard short of the first down marker when it was clear that Fields had made it to the marker,
as you said the LT was jumping early frequently and no calls.

The fact that this crap has been going on in Lameblow for so many years tells me the NFL is complicit in this. Gotta give our golden boy every chance to win....

I was watching the NO/TB game and the NO secondary was allowed to hold and/or put a hand on the TB receivers the whole game. NO has been allowed to to that for a while....

Post #: 397
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2022 11:56:01 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

IF the Vikings win at Philly, that would put them in line to win 13 games ( based on my before the season predictions), then they will win the division.

Win at Philly, and the Vikings are taking the division.

Maybe your 'predictions' would have a tiny shred of meaning (and dignity) if you just admitted to being wrong (i.e., starting 0-2) and starting over ...

instead of layering current whackadoodles on top of previous stinky ones.
Post #: 398
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2022 12:45:07 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

https://twitter.com/JaredBarsNFL/status/1571671697996283905?s=20&t=-rwIJUuke9qrgq1NFy-d9A

for good measure: https://twitter.com/P_Shels/status/1571687307496783872?s=20&t=-rwIJUuke9qrgq1NFy-d9A

That was amazing.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 399
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2022 1:35:12 PM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

That was amazing.

REF: "At first I thought it was holding... then I realized the defender was just giving a horsey ride so I picked up the flag."
Post #: 400
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode