Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  232 233 [234] 235 236   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/7/2023 8:57:54 PM   
Chris Olson

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I wouldn't stick with the idea that Flores is a one year one and done.

IF there's any merit to there being racism and a reluctance to hire Blacks for head coaching positions, a better chance Flores is around awhile.

Flores bringing up the lawsuit may also make some more teams reluctant to hire him as a head coach, for fear that he is 'trouble'.

My guess it will take 2 or 3 years to make that turd of a defense look good enough for somebody to Covet the DC.

Why does it feel like Cousins will get a 1 year extension and we push our chips in and try a get a championship within the next 2 years. Scrap it all if we fail...

Might need a new GM at that point if we fail.

I think it's likely.

Some kind of 1-2 year extension that frees up some money this year.

I think we all know that Cousins is here till the end of his career...

He will always do enough to make those in power feel that there is no college player within reach that will play better and will justify another backloaded 2 year extension that needs another extension to free up cap space, ad infinitum or until retirement

Face it folks, Kirko Chainz is a Viking till he is 42
Post #: 5826
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/7/2023 9:35:58 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Agree. Just cut the dead weight already.

Assuming they do make cuts, guess they want to at least give the appearance of outward respect. And some of those players deserve it.

The league insiders know the appropriate times to release certain players. And you have to give the new DC some evaluation time. Still, I'd like to hear they released such and such early in order to give them more opportunity in the FA market.

Who new that Bill is lobbying for the high road

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 5827
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/7/2023 9:47:13 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

IF there's any merit to there being racism and a reluctance to hire Blacks for head coaching positions, a better chance Flores is around awhile.

Flores bringing up the lawsuit may also make some more teams reluctant to hire him as a head coach, for fear that he is 'trouble'.

If it weren't for Tomlin Flores may have never coached again in the NFL

Post #: 5828
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/8/2023 9:04:01 AM   
Ricky J

d - omg, I can't distinquish between quote and edit half the time anymore

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 2/8/2023 9:06:36 AM >
Post #: 5829
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/8/2023 9:04:21 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

If it weren't for Tomlin Flores may have never coached again in the NFL

I ain't buying that ... 'cause Tomlin brought him in that changes how everyone else feels about Flores now?

Come on!
Post #: 5830
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/8/2023 10:22:50 AM   
marty

I think Bill is correct.

Had Tomlin not given Flores a chance, I think there's a good chance Flores would have been ignored this off-season.

Tomlin gave him legitimacy, backed him, and I think it also helped as an outside factor that the Pittsburgh defense did well, so Flores was seen as a part of that.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5831
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/8/2023 10:45:11 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

I think Bill is correct.

Had Tomlin not given Flores a chance, I think there's a good chance Flores would have been ignored this off-season.

Tomlin gave him legitimacy, backed him, and I think it also helped as an outside factor that the Pittsburgh defense did well, so Flores was seen as a part of that.

So youre saying he would of been blacklisted?

I don't think you guys are giving humans enough credit to see what is right and wrong - the large number of people making those decisions to hire or not hire someone, if he was good at what he does, which he obviously is, would be more like Tomlin than not

- but that's just my opinion
Post #: 5832
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/8/2023 11:41:31 AM   
marty

Flores wouldn't have had this last season, a good season for the Pittsburgh defense, to build off of.

I think he easily could have been Kapaernicked.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5833
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/8/2023 11:44:46 AM   
marty

The Vikings regular season offense was impressive if you consider they were going against such vanilla defenses in practice.

Flores should bring more aggression and looks, so that should help the Vikings offense improve, make it more adaptive.

< Message edited by marty -- 2/8/2023 11:47:12 AM >

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5834
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/8/2023 2:23:43 PM   
Ricky J

I doubt it. Always leaning towards the dramatic negative.
Post #: 5835
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/9/2023 7:50:52 AM   
ratoppenheimer

it's amazing, but lewis cine is off and running...if booth can stay healthy and get his head straight, it could help greatly to reload our defense....

https://twitter.com/LewisCine/status/1622683862282211350?s=20&t=0wC4ECMV19RDQhaj248nnQ

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 5836
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/9/2023 7:51:15 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

I doubt it. Always leaning towards the dramatic negative.

No way to really know one way or the other. But Tomlin hiring him quickly certainly helped.

Post #: 5837
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/9/2023 8:25:57 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

it's amazing, but lewis cine is off and running...if booth can stay healthy and get his head straight, it could help greatly to reload our defense....

Not that impressed with Cine's healing ability. Feels like the injury was over played. The only thing he can do impress me is starting and playing well.

As for Booth...basically no belief in him at all. KOM tied to show he was smarter than everyone else and picked a guy that just doesn't have an NFl body. If he does anything here it'll be a huge credit to our trainers and facility. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make it through his rookie contract playing in the NFL.

< Message edited by Todd M -- 2/9/2023 8:31:04 AM >
Post #: 5838
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/9/2023 9:56:17 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

Not that impressed with Cine's healing ability. Feels like the injury was over played. The only thing he can do impress me is starting and playing well.

As for Booth...basically no belief in him at all. KOM tied to show he was smarter than everyone else and picked a guy that just doesn't have an NFl body. If he does anything here it'll be a huge credit to our trainers and facility. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make it through his rookie contract playing in the NFL.

cine had a compound fracture - lower leg/ankle - both bones (?)...at the time, I thought he might be done forever....

booth is someone that I'm not sure if he wants to do what's necessary to play regularly in the NFL...maybe he can be a solid backup...i hope better than that....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 5839
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/9/2023 12:33:25 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Huh? Booth has the exact height/weight of an average NFL CB. A positive trait is that he has strength, and it shows. If anything, he doesn't know the game. Practically at all.
Post #: 5840
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/9/2023 1:36:31 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Huh? Booth has the exact height/weight of an average NFL CB. A positive trait is that he has strength, and it shows. If anything, he doesn't know the game. Practically at all.

I didn't say he lacked size. He just can't go 5 minutes without straining or spraining something.
Post #: 5841
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/9/2023 1:45:42 PM   
Ricky J

Star Tribune Sports
@StribSports
·
1h
Two things can be true at the same time: Kirk Cousins is a good quarterback who can help the #Vikings win, and Cousins is a QB very unlikely to help the Vikings reach the #SuperBowl. Do you agree or disagree with @RandBall?

---
I saw that tweet on Twitter. I didn't even look close enough to see what they wanted, clicks, audience for Randball, etc. didn't matter.

With all the get rid of Cousins talk on here I couldn't help it that this stupid tweet caught my eye and made me want to respond.

me: How likely would it of been to get to the SB this year - w/ Cousins - if we had a middle of the road D and not the worst D in the NFL?

me again: likely
Post #: 5842
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/9/2023 2:01:08 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

cine had a compound fracture - lower leg/ankle - both bones (?)...at the time, I thought he might be done forever....

booth is someone that I'm not sure if he wants to do what's necessary to play regularly in the NFL...maybe he can be a solid backup...i hope better than that....

Yes, it was displaced compound fractures in both lower leg bones. Nothing at all overstated about that injury.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 5843
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/9/2023 2:37:25 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Star Tribune Sports
@StribSports
·
1h
Two things can be true at the same time: Kirk Cousins is a good quarterback who can help the #Vikings win, and Cousins is a QB very unlikely to help the Vikings reach the #SuperBowl. Do you agree or disagree with @RandBall?

---
I saw that tweet on Twitter. I didn't even look close enough to see what they wanted, clicks, audience for Randball, etc. didn't matter.

With all the get rid of Cousins talk on here I couldn't help it that this stupid tweet caught my eye and made me want to respond.

me: How likely would it of been to get to the SB this year - w/ Cousins - if we had a middle of the road D and not the worst D in the NFL?

Well thats a shocker.

Only a pure Cousins apologist wants to wait for a defense to come along and help Cousins be more successful. Forget about improvement at both defense and QB.

A middle of the road D with a middle of the road QB wont get there.
Post #: 5844
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/9/2023 2:41:10 PM   
Todd M

I haven't Cine (ha)the xrays have you?

I think he allowed himself to be injured and everyone agreed to play along and play up the injury so he could have a 'miraculous' recovery and be Cine in a positive light instead of a negative one for sucking.

It happens.

I'm bored
Post #: 5845
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/9/2023 2:42:38 PM  2 votes
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

Star Tribune Sports
@StribSports
·
1h

---

Well thats a shocker.

Only a pure Cousins apologist wants to wait for a defense to come along and help Cousins be more successful. Forget about improvement at both defense and QB.

A middle of the road D with a middle of the road QB wont get there.

The two seasons that Kirk had a top-10 defense here in MN didn't prove very likley to reach the SB either. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/min/index.htm

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 5846
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/9/2023 3:18:46 PM   
marty

But a combination of a top 10 defense and a Dallas mid-90s offense OL ....

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5847
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/9/2023 4:42:38 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

I think he allowed himself to be injured and everyone agreed to play along and play up the injury so he could have a 'miraculous' recovery and be Cine in a positive light instead of a negative one for sucking.
It happens.
I'm bored

There is video of him working out already at the TCO center.

@LewisCine on Twitter.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 5848
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/9/2023 4:43:50 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

It happens.
I'm bored

There is video of him working out already at the TCO center.
@LewisCine on Twitter.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 5849
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/9/2023 6:13:26 PM   
marty

Should the Vikings sign LBer Van Noy ?

https://share.newsbreak.com/30sbhwgh

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5850
Page:   <<   < prev  232 233 [234] 235 236   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  232 233 [234] 235 236   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode