Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/23/2022 12:31:43 AM   
Bill Johanesen

It was painful to see the model statue QB vs the model mobile QB. Having a QB that can run makes it seem like you have at least 11 and a half players on offense.
Post #: 651
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/23/2022 1:56:24 AM   
thebigo

Maybe cousins is just a Zimmer type of quarterback. Is he afraid of the responsibilities that come with audibleing? If I audible and don't make the play then I f***** up
Post #: 652
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/23/2022 7:10:20 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

It was painful to see the model statue QB vs the model mobile QB. Having a QB that can run makes it seem like you have at least 11 and a half players on offense.

It was weird. Against GB Kirk moved around and seemed mobile; he seemed the exact opposite against the Eagles.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 653
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/23/2022 7:11:54 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ok there are some but who did we have any shot at that is better than Kirk? I think we should have drafted Willis in the third this year. Many will break the bank shortly.

Hurts was drafted 53rd in 2020. We could have had him.

Lamar Jackson was drafted 32nd in 2018. We could have had him.

For starters.

Back seat driving at its best...I loved a ton of players in 2020 and 2018. Spielman gone, Zimmer gone. Kwesi and KOC now and they got rid of Monds.

You asked the question. I answered it.

Drafting Jackson in the 1st round after signing Kirk in 2018? With Case, Teddy, and Bradford scenarios also....

It was almost as silly as the question itself.

I am suprised you didn't pull your backseat all the way to Brady. To even mention Jackson tells me you are the silly one.

Post #: 654
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/23/2022 7:28:21 AM   
Phil Riewer

Ed Donatell says he isn't concerned long-term about the Vikings' first-half defensive performance.
"Everything, we can fix. We take a hard look at ourselves and what we can do to help our players."

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
20h
#Vikings DC Ed Donatell said that CB Cameron Dantzler had a bad read on Eagles 53-yard TD throw Monday. Said it has been corrected.

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
21h
#Vikings special teams coordinator Matt Daniels said that cornerback Kris Boyd should have run the Patrick Peterson blocked field goal to down the sideline to avoid being tackled by the punter/holder.

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
21h
#Vikings special teams coordinator Matt Daniels said he needs to do a better job setting up punt returns for Jalen Reagor to try to get him loose but Daniels didn't want to give specifics on what he might do.

Post #: 655
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/23/2022 7:29:59 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

A lot of that was the Vikings making Hurts look better than he really is.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 656
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/23/2022 7:38:19 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

Pro Football Focus basically said our safeties were worthless last game.

Post #: 657
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/23/2022 7:58:57 AM   
stfrank

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hell yes! They were lining up 15-20 off the line of scrimmage on every play. We were effectively playing 9 on 11 every play.
Post #: 658
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/23/2022 8:03:57 AM   
bstinger

quote:

Speaking of pre-snap, what's the thing with Cleveland getting out of his stance, turning his head, and doing double and triple takes? A personal issue or part of the scheme? Were we too crisp in week 1 and now inserted a way to eat up time? Get in your damn stance and stay there.

When on the road, a G often does this to help tell the C when to snap the ball on a silent count. The do double and triple takes to try and confuse the D on when they are actually going to snap it, hoping the give away their intentions early.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 659
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/23/2022 8:12:05 AM  1 votes
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I'm just a casual fan now. They can win me back with a run but I don't expect it. Ever.

It's been 5 decades...who's to say it won't be 6 or 7?

I hate that I've been such a sucker.

That was quick! You usually fold in Oct/Nov.
Post #: 660
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/23/2022 8:16:54 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

Speaking of pre-snap, what's the thing with Cleveland getting out of his stance, turning his head, and doing double and triple takes? A personal issue or part of the scheme? Were we too crisp in week 1 and now inserted a way to eat up time? Get in your damn stance and stay there.

When on the road, a G often does this to help tell the C when to snap the ball on a silent count. The do double and triple takes to try and confuse the D on when they are actually going to snap it, hoping the give away their intentions early.

I see. In that case the D can simply focus on the G. But I'm sure the G-C have some secret code worked out.

Meanwhile, Philly lines up and goes into smashmouth mode.
Post #: 661
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/23/2022 8:20:46 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Some guy named Cooper QBs the Browns and is 1-0 in prime time.

As for people posting a lot after a loss, the same holds true for a couple of people posting big after a win then going into Zero Dark Thirty Lebron Mode after a loss. Especially when Cousins stunk up the joint.
Post #: 662
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/23/2022 8:35:44 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Not an excuse but if JJ runs the right route on that first INT, it's 24-21 and a whole different ballgame. Cousins was bad but that D

I'm glad we can squash the 2000 yard bs and mvp nonsense. The team needs to grow up and take care of things that matter. Such nonsense.

The 2000 yard thing has a mind of its own. And it's close to never being mathematically eliminated in the mindset of the benefactor. Peterson used to ramble on about it like some punch drunk.

Stats = $$$. Cousins is the league mentor for that.
Post #: 663
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/23/2022 8:53:20 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

It was more than the safeties. Bynum got blamed for the long TD, but Dantzler covered the wrong receiver. Bynum got hung out to dry.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 664
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/23/2022 9:58:42 AM   
ratoppenheimer

from the new york times....

Detroit Lions (1-1) at Minnesota Vikings (1-1), 1 p.m., Fox

Line: Vikings -5.5 | Total: 52.5

The Lions ranked 25th in the league in points scored last season but are its second-highest scoring team so far, with at least 35 points in each game. Detroit’s offense is good, as evidenced last week when Jared Goff averaged 7.5 yards per pass and threw four touchdowns to beat Washington, 36-27.

The defense? Not as good. Quarterback Kirk Cousins and receiver Justin Jefferson should be able to bounce back in this game, after struggling against the Eagles Monday night. The market is showing a lot of love for Detroit, but it also moved the number from 8 to 5.5.

Pick: Vikings -5.5

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 665
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/23/2022 9:58:49 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I'm just a casual fan now. They can win me back with a run but I don't expect it. Ever.

It's been 5 decades...who's to say it won't be 6 or 7?

I hate that I've been such a sucker.

That was quick! You usually fold in Oct/Nov.

Todd’s kind of like a big ol’ sea sponge, he keeps his shape pretty well no matter how wet it gets.

You’re more in the half sponge / half brillo pad category.

I’m the old mummified bathtub sponge that got forgotten behind all the cleaning products.

We’re all pretty dam resiliant. Not sure how smart it is … but not really a choice.
Post #: 666
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/23/2022 11:56:21 AM   
thebigo

quote:

Ed Donatell says he isn't concerned long-term about the Vikings' first-half defensive performance.
"Everything, we can fix. We take a hard look at ourselves and what we can do to help our players."

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
20h
#Vikings DC Ed Donatell said that CB Cameron Dantzler had a bad read on Eagles 53-yard TD throw Monday. Said it has been corrected.

Great! So the final score was actually 17-7. Although it would have been nice to know that during the game, that we were only down by 10 instead of 17.
Post #: 667
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/23/2022 12:34:44 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
20h

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
21h
#Vikings special teams coordinator Matt Daniels said that cornerback Kris Boyd should have run the Patrick Peterson blocked field goal to down the sideline to avoid being tackled by the punter/holder.

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
21h
#Vikings special teams coordinator Matt Daniels said he needs to do a better job setting up punt returns for Jalen Reagor to try to get him loose but Daniels didn't want to give specifics on what he might do.

Of all the coaches, Matt Daniels should be the very last one apologizing.
Post #: 668
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/23/2022 1:40:17 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
21h
#Vikings special teams coordinator Matt Daniels said that cornerback Kris Boyd should have run the Patrick Peterson blocked field goal to down the sideline to avoid being tackled by the punter/holder. "We had to score then and there rather than rely on Not Ready For Prime Time Kurt, I mean Kirk, Cousins handling the football. The Vikings vets were saying he was getting 'that look', and it wasn't in a positive sense. Think 'in the throes of a meltdown'. Quite horrific up close. A disgrace to the $40 million QB club. So really, Boyd was at fault for much of the loss. I mean Anderson losing his shoe is one thing, but Boyd's asinine decision took that up a notch. Fortunately, we're all chummy here and we don't throw people under the bus."
Post #: 669
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/23/2022 1:49:52 PM   
Bill Johanesen

A mere week ago KOC brought Slime toys to the practice field, had himself slimed, 2000 yards... not a care in the world.

It was like a bye week! Actually I think it was a bye week because the team didn't show.
Post #: 670
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/23/2022 2:01:58 PM   
Nate

Had to take a few days to absorb the Monday night shellacking...

That sure was a stinker. What a stark difference between the Packers game and the Eagles game, 2 different teams. Road vs Home aside, they played timid and confused. Nice to see us turn Hurts into an all-Pro.

KFC was pretty horrible, and we've seen that a lot, especially in prime time, but the Eagles scouted us well and had a great plan to disrupt his first reads and make him panic, which he did, and hard. The first two games felt like we've instituted the Randy rule where Kirk is trying to make sure JJ gets his 2k yards rather than run the offense. We have to get more people involved and not just those in the flats... The checkdown analysis on Vikings Prime was really cool and some of KFC's were decent reads, but there were a lot of bad reads too. Let's hope for home field, good KFC shows up this week because we're going to need to outscore the Lions (that's a hard sentence to type without gagging).

The soft prevent we played on Monday night was one of the worst efforts I've seen in quite a while. It was painful to watch Hurts calmly scan the field and complete 9 yard passes with ease all half. Then they burned us deep in that soft coverage, unbelievable. I'm glad the D picked it up in the 2nd half but the damage was done and our offense couldn't get out of deer in the headlights mode. It felt like we didn't have the pieces for a 4-3 with Zimmer, and yet we don't really have them in the 3-4 either. We need to get out of cap hell and do some good drafting and FA pick-ups to fix this anytime soon.

On to the next one, lets bury the Lions and hope that AT gets me some fantasy points this week.
Post #: 671
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/23/2022 2:51:11 PM   
David Levine

Chris Tomasson@christomasson
Updated #Vikings injury story. Safety Harrison Smith (concussion) and CB Andrew Booth (quad) are ruled out Sunday vs. Detroit. LB Eric Kendricks (toe) is listed as questionable but expected to play.
Post #: 672
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/23/2022 4:29:33 PM   
bohumm

I'm curious to see if Kendricks and Hicks continue to look a step slow. My guess is that some games it will show a little more than others, but the game against Detroit with a good OL and a good running attack could be one of those games. I think they were major problems in coverage, because they have to be able to absorb some of that open space in the middle. Luckily, both are smart, and maybe more luckily, both contracts have relatively little dead cap next year.

To my eyes, they were two of the biggest culprits in the loss, which I hate since I like both of them.
Post #: 673
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/23/2022 4:31:23 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Chris Tomasson@christomasson
Updated #Vikings injury story. Safety Harrison Smith (concussion) and CB Andrew Booth (quad) are ruled out Sunday vs. Detroit. LB Eric Kendricks (toe) is listed as questionable but expected to play.

OK, time to see what Cine can/cannot do.
Post #: 674
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/23/2022 4:42:11 PM   
bohumm

Thielen seemed to get little separation when I could see, but there may have been some or several occasions when he was open. Unfortunately, he is actually very slightly negative cap savings with a cut or trade next year, so hopefully this doesn't persist, or, better, he was open a lot more than I could see.

Cook could be gone next year with substantial cap savings and Mattison will probably be gone in FA, so I'd like to see what Ty Chandler can see at some point this year, hopefully sooner rather than later.
Post #: 675
Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode