Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  298 299 [300] 301 302   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2023 2:56:31 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Balt gets 2 1sts from us and Lance.

We get Jackson and a 2024 1st from SF.

SF gets Cousins and whatever pick from Balt for Lance.

we give balt a 1st round pick, and SF gives them lance....

sf gives us 'some' pick....

we give sf cousins....

i don't see baltimore accepting lamar back, so they should take what they can get....

How does the 'take what they can get' work when the tag is for; right to match or they get 2 1st rounders?
Post #: 7476
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2023 4:36:09 PM   
Ricky J

dp

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 4/5/2023 4:38:56 PM >
Post #: 7477
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2023 4:38:09 PM   
Ricky J

Did i hear right, Balt would have to pay him 35 million to play ?
Post #: 7478
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2023 4:51:57 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Lamar Jackson is not coming to Minnesota.
Post #: 7479
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2023 5:30:32 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

we give sf cousins....

i don't see baltimore accepting lamar back, so they should take what they can get....

How does the 'take what they can get' work when the tag is for; right to match or

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 7480
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2023 6:06:29 PM   
marty

Maybe the Vikings go safety (Brian Branch) with their first pick:

https://share.newsbreak.com/3i5c9yiq

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 7481
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2023 9:59:05 PM   
marty

I have a feeling there is a strong chance the Vikings draft a QB in either the 1st or 2nd round, and I don't like it.

I think there is a great chance it will be Hooker. And I think Hooker will be a disappointment, and it will also prevent any chance of getting Caleb Williams, or another strong QB prospect in either the '24 or '25 draft.

It is my hope the Vikings only take a flyer on a QB in the 3rd round or later in this year's draft.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 7482
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2023 1:23:49 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

we give sf cousins....

How does the 'take what they can get' work when the tag is for; right to match or they get 2 1st rounders?

If nobody wants to give up 2 draft picks for him, then Baltimore will have to pay him the average of the top 5 qb salaries.
Post #: 7483
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2023 4:54:37 AM   
Todd M

What I was trying to figure out was - can they recind the non exclusive tag and then trade him for something other than 2 1sts?
Post #: 7484
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2023 8:00:38 AM   
Bill Jandro

Non exclusive tag is for 32ml this season. But Jackson has not signed it. So he might sit out next season if a trade/contract can't be executed.

Jackson does not have an agent either. Not sure I want anything to do with the guy.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 7485
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2023 9:35:42 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

What I was trying to figure out was - can they recind the non exclusive tag and then trade him for something other than 2 1sts?

I believe that Baltimore can negotiate a deal outside of the tag...the pre-determined tag costs of a deal is for a player that has active suitors, and would guarantee Baltimore a fixed, minimum, trade value....

Post #: 7486
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2023 9:47:41 AM   
ronhextall

One talking head speculated could match any offer and then ask for even more in a following trade.

Lamar is swimming in deep water with some serious sharks, he is in way over his head.

If he had an agent he would have signed an extension a couple years ago like Josh Allen got in Buffalo and banked millions and millions.

If he wants to sit out next season and be a martyr that's his choice but "martyr" don't spend too well for the 70+ years he has to live going forward.

Lamar is the wrong guy. Mahomes gets a fully guaranteed deal IMO. Lamar isn't in my top 5 QBs that I would want. Frankly after Mahomes I don't get a boner for anybody else.

If Lamar sits, he isn't doing himself anything good towards being a true Free Agent correct? Basically everything is put on Pause and the only think going on is Lamar getting older.

< Message edited by ronhextall -- 4/6/2023 9:49:22 AM >
Post #: 7487
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2023 9:49:40 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

I believe that Baltimore can negotiate a deal outside of the tag...the pre-determined tag costs of a deal is for a player that has active suitors, and would guarantee Baltimore a fixed, minimum, trade value....

Yeah.

I think a team like Indy could give them #4 overall this year and a 2nd rounder next year.
Post #: 7488
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2023 9:54:00 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

One talking head speculated could match any offer and then ask for even more in a following trade.

Lamar is swimming in deep water with some serious sharks, he is in way over his head.

If he had an agent he would have signed an extension a couple years ago like Josh Allen got in Buffalo and banked millions and millions.

If he wants to sit out next season and be a martyr that's his choice but "martyr" don't spend too well for the 70+ years he has to live going forward.

Lamar is the wrong guy. Mahomes gets a fully guaranteed deal IMO. Lamar isn't in my top 5 QBs that I would want. Frankly after Mahomes I don't get a boner for anybody else.

If Lamar sits, he isn't doing himself anything good towards being a true Free Agent correct? Basically everything is put on Pause and the only think going on is Lamar getting older.

I think he wanted to be a Curt Flood type person(a pioneer). Leading the way to everyone not hiring agents.

I think he will eventually find out that the Agents earn their 3-5%.
Post #: 7489
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2023 10:07:26 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Baltimore may like the backup (Huntley) better than Lamar the longer this plays out. Lamar has just had so many injuries that no one will guarantee 5 years and probably not 3 fully.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 7490
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2023 10:14:58 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

I think he wanted to be a Curt Flood type person(a pioneer). Leading the way to everyone not hiring agents.

On NFL radio they mentioned two deals that Lamar has already turned down from Baltimore. 3 years 133 million fully guaranteed and 6 years 250 million with (I think?) 150 million guaranteed. They said he's in position now to lose out on more money than Leveon Bell ever missed out on. Also, sidenote - 3% is the most an agent can charge so he really isn't "saving" much at all even if he negotiated a great deal for himself.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 7491
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2023 10:17:56 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

On NFL radio they mentioned two deals that Lamar has already turned down from Baltimore. 3 years 133 million fully guaranteed and 6 years 250 million with (I think?) 150 million guaranteed. They said he's in position now to lose out on more money than Leveon Bell ever missed out on. Also, sidenote - 3% is the most an agent can charge so he really isn't "saving" much at all even if he negotiated a great deal for himself.

He is making a big mistake not taking it; he isn't Mahomes, Herbert, or Allen. That is big money.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 7492
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2023 10:25:27 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

It isn't a Latrell Sprewell situation because he(LJ) will eventually get multi generational wealth.

But, he is going to have lost a good chunk of money when it is all said and done.

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 4/6/2023 10:31:18 AM >
Post #: 7493
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2023 10:31:52 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Did i hear right, Balt would have to pay him 35 million to play ?

Feel like your're getting the You cant see me treatment, Rick?
<wink>

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 4/6/2023 10:34:12 AM >
Post #: 7494
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2023 10:45:51 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Culpepper did it here.
Post #: 7495
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2023 10:46:19 AM   
ratoppenheimer

i don't think that lamar wants to wait another year to get large sums of money...he should do an interview with a major journalist and make a good showing - show that he is actually a responsible guy and anxious to get back to playing football his true love in life - be calm and cool...try to show other teams that he's not going to burn them in a deal...get a real agent and show that he's a professional....

i would bet that he ends up with a $150mm guaranteed deal somewhere....

Post #: 7496
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2023 10:48:02 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

They rarely sit an entire season. Rather, they report in November or whenever to get the minimum amount of games in to count towards an accrued season.
McKinnie did something like that in his rookie season.
Post #: 7497
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2023 11:48:08 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

quote:

quote:

He is insane if he turned down those deals.

Some media like to point at Cousins initial Vikings deal and claim 'racism' because Gauranteed is all Lamar wants, like Cousins got.

Lamar didn't play through two tags and Lamar evidently was offered a 'Cousins' deal in 3 years fully guarnanteed.
Post #: 7498
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2023 1:13:51 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

He is insane if he turned down those deals.

Some media like to point at Cousins initial Vikings deal and claim 'racism' because Gauranteed is all Lamar wants, like Cousins got.

Lamar didn't play through two tags and Lamar evidently was offered a 'Cousins' deal in 3 years fully guarnanteed.

I see nobody is taking that report as fact (oh wait... there is the obligatory poster buying it), but that's how rumors become fact. Over on Baltimore Beatdown (like our Daily Norseman), someone mentioned it but others are not buying it w/o evidence.

How do you know Lamar only wants a fully-guaranteed contract?

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 4/6/2023 1:17:58 PM >
Post #: 7499
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2023 1:25:48 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

He would have signed a Josh Allen type extension? HOW? I think a/the fundamental problem is Jackson had a better year or years than Allen "a couple of years ago" but Baltimore was not willing to offer what Allen signed for.

And you're saying if he had an agent, the agent could have done all that?

Reel it in cowboy.
Post #: 7500
Page:   <<   < prev  298 299 [300] 301 302   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  298 299 [300] 301 302   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode