Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/11/2022 10:30:26 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

GB ain't doing shit this year.

Rodgers doesn't have a guy. What guys he has know what he thinks of them...which isn't much.

Won't be a team won't win much.

Did you see Doubbs and Watson today? Did you watch Lazard last year? 600 yards and 8 tds but out 6 games. Watson missed the last two weeks of training camp. Let’s not kid ourselves. Adams was as much MVP as Rodgers but those three will get rolling.

Their defense is very good.

Great coach.

All I know is I heard the same crap last year. Then they went 13-3.

We had an average team last year but added better coaches, improved the FO, had a nice FA, had a nice draft, and seemed to address most of our weaknesses. Plus 2-3 guys hurt last year are healthy.

True. I'm just saying I don't think GB thinks their season is over.
Post #: 126
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/11/2022 10:31:10 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Warren Sharp

@SharpFootball

·

6h

this ain't Mike Zimmer's Vikings

Thankfully
Post #: 127
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/11/2022 11:24:43 PM  1 votes
Todd M

Some 0's to celebrate...

0 turnovers
0 missed kicks
0 points allowed to end either half
Post #: 128
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/11/2022 11:41:56 PM   
kgdabom

Both Hunter and Z got at least one sack today. I expect that to continue all year long. Go Vikes.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 129
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2022 5:24:58 AM   
kgdabom

My online gambling career is off to a very fast start. I did a little $10 bet on Jefferson to score the first TD and since I didn't know what I was doing did it twice. 7-1 payoff :D . I got a Gophers covering the spread this weekend with Vikings winning the North $100 parlay looking very good. :D . I had a Vikings money line winning the game for $100 :D .

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 130
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2022 5:51:30 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

My online gambling career is off to a very fast start. I did a little $10 bet on Jefferson to score the first TD and since I didn't know what I was doing did it twice. 7-1 payoff :D . I got a Gophers covering the spread this weekend with Vikings winning the North $100 parlay looking very good. :D . I had a Vikings money line winning the game for $100 :D .

Nice!
I had $1 on the Vikes.;)
$50 on the Balt money line - thinking sure thing ... lucky, lots of "sure things" didnt pan out this weekend
Post #: 131
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2022 6:04:29 AM   
ratoppenheimer

i don't think the vikings ever used three linebackers in a play yesterday...there were downs where sullivan lined up where an olb might be, but i never noticed an actual third linebacker....

i think that this, and the 3-4 defense make us more vulnerable to quick passes in the flat - as evidenced last night to some degree....

hicks and kendricks are both career mlb's...finding a way to use cine in some packages could help....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 132
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2022 7:15:45 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Rodgers doesn't have a guy. What guys he has know what he thinks of them...which isn't much.

Did you see Doubbs and Watson today? Did you watch Lazard last year? 600 yards and 8 tds but out 6 games. Watson missed the last two weeks of training camp. Let’s not kid ourselves. Adams was as much MVP as Rodgers but those three will get rolling.

Great coach.

We had an average team last year but added better coaches, improved the FO, had a nice FA, had a nice draft, and seemed to address most of our weaknesses. Plus 2-3 guys hurt last year are healthy.

True. I'm just saying I don't think GB thinks their season is over.

I agree; they had a good offseason also. Lazard back and the 2 rookies may make Rodgers more dangerous as the season goes on.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 133
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2022 8:20:18 AM  2 votes
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Great coach.

A "nice draft"? Based on what? Cine and Booth have yet to play and Ingram was mixed at best.
Post #: 134
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2022 8:23:35 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

i don't think the vikings ever used three linebackers in a play yesterday...there were downs where sullivan lined up where an olb might be, but i never noticed an actual third linebacker....

i think that this, and the 3-4 defense make us more vulnerable to quick passes in the flat - as evidenced last night to some degree....

hicks and kendricks are both career mlb's...finding a way to use cine in some packages could help....

Based on getting gashed for 6 ypc with two OL injured, I'm not sure they ever used ANY LBs in a play yesterday.
Post #: 135
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2022 8:33:43 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Going in, the questions were about the defense. And while they held GB to a mere touchdown, the questions are still there. GB also had their best WR out. He, along with Baktari and Jenkins (All-Pro), are key players for Rodgers. And it seemed Rodgers attitude worked to the teams detriment. It was like he was called in as a paid consultant to play... not really part of the team, no connection, yelling. Kind of a mix of Marino and Zimmer.

So far, offense looks good and special teams look good.
Post #: 136
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2022 8:40:53 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Based on national coverage, you'd think the Steelers and Giants both won the SB.

Oh wait, big markets...
Post #: 137
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2022 8:46:31 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Great coach.

A "nice draft"? Based on what? Cine and Booth have yet to play and Ingram was mixed at best.

Booth, Evans, Ingram are already seeing time. Cine will also. Ingram starting doesn't count?

Post #: 138
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2022 8:57:34 AM   
Trekgeekscott

My two cents.

If Watson could catch it would have been a very different game. but they never got that guy open again. Our pass rush intensified and our defense did great from there on out.

Holding his holiness, the great an all powerful Rodgers to 7 points...was a coup.

Jefferson backed up the talk with a huge game against a very good defense.

Run game seemed much more effective with Mattison than with Cook...but that's just my eye test.

We actually had smart, very smart clock management late in the game. With the play clock at 44 and the game clock at 2:43, they let the clock run down to the 2:00 warning. In the Zimmer era, a play would have been run. It would be a pass and it would have been incomplete giving Rodgers the ball back with another 40 seconds and the two minute warning. I was very impressed by that. SMART coaching late in games.

The goal line stop was HUGE.

Kendricks pd in the endzone (let's give Bynum some credit here too) was HUGE.

The coverage sacks were HUGE.

The fumble recover was HUGE.

Harrison Smith's INT was HUGE.

We kept the great and all powerful Rodgers discombobulated all day long.

When the Packers started finding success OUR DEFENSE ADAPTED. THAT WAS HUGE>

The Packers have a good defense so keeping us to 6 points in the second half was a concern though. The Offense needs to make adjustments more quickly.

All around a pretty damn good game. They turned the ball over on downs, with a fumble and INT...we didn't turn it over. Win there. We were not very much penalized, Win there. Cousins was efficient and took shots. Jefferson was a beast. I would have liked to have seen more out of the run game. but otherwise I loved this game.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 139
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2022 9:00:25 AM  2 votes
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Great coach.

Booth, Evans, Ingram are already seeing time. Cine will also. Ingram starting doesn't count?

Yeah, I'll pass on going down your network of nonsensical mole holes.
Post #: 140
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2022 9:06:42 AM   
Bill Johanesen

All around a pretty damn good game. They turned the ball over on downs, with a fumble and INT...we didn't turn it over. Win there. We were not very much penalized, Win there.

Yep, winning the turnover and penalty battles were huge.
Post #: 141
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2022 9:06:51 AM   
Trekgeekscott

Cousins audibles and stepping up in the pocket etc. kind of impressed me yesterday too.

KOC is going to be a very good get for us methinks.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 142
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2022 9:44:44 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

My two cents.

If Watson could catch it would have been a very different game. but they never got that guy open again. Our pass rush intensified and our defense did great from there on out.

Holding his holiness, the great an all powerful Rodgers to 7 points...was a coup.

Run game seemed much more effective with Mattison than with Cook...but that's just my eye test.

We actually had smart, very smart clock management late in the game. With the play clock at 44 and the game clock at 2:43, they let the clock run down to the 2:00 warning. In the Zimmer era, a play would have been run. It would be a pass and it would have been incomplete giving Rodgers the ball back with another 40 seconds and the two minute warning. I was very impressed by that. SMART coaching late in games.

The Packers have a good defense so keeping us to 6 points in the second half was a concern though. The Offense needs to make adjustments more quickly.

All around a pretty damn good game. They turned the ball over on downs, with a fumble and INT...we didn't turn it over. Win there. We were not very much penalized, Win there. Cousins was efficient and took shots. Jefferson was a beast. I would have liked to have seen more out of the run game. but otherwise I loved this game.

Good Summary. Yes I was alarmed at how easy Green Bay was getting yardage with dumps to the right flat. At one point they gained 55 yards in a three-play-stretch. But then we adjusted and that was that.

I saw on twitter this AM that our win was the biggest point margin over a Favre or Rodgers led Packer team since 2001.

The entire game was surreal to me. It's everything I hoped for and dreamed possible. Quite honestly I didn't even know how to process it all. I was constantly looking for flags on the field after good plays and time and time again there were none.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 143
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2022 10:09:31 AM   
thebigo

Even Patrick Peterson was making tackles
Post #: 144
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2022 10:47:43 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

Hicks actually led us in tackles, which surprised me. I thought he was flat out bad. Chronically late in coverage and getting trucked against the run.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 145
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2022 11:08:10 AM  1 votes
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Great coach.

Yeah, I'll pass on going down your network of nonsensical mole holes.

Correct; I don't want to go down your negative nancy worm hole. After one game I stand by it looking like a nice draft.

Post #: 146
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2022 11:11:54 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

Hicks actually led us in tackles, which surprised me. I thought he was flat out bad. Chronically late in coverage and getting trucked against the run.

Chad Greenway used to tackle a lot of guys after they dragged him 7 yards.

Post #: 147
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2022 11:13:47 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

Chad Greenway used to tackle a lot of guys after they dragged him 7 yards.

I think Greenway was the last line in those defenses; I think that Hicks and Kendricks played a ton as nickel lb; back in coverage a ton.

Post #: 148
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2022 11:15:46 AM   
thebigo

quote:

My two cents.

Both had 4.5 ypc
Post #: 149
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2022 11:17:40 AM   
Phil Riewer

Phil Mackey 🎙
@PhilMackey
·
8m
Vikings
@PFF
grades are out!

Historically, Kirk Cousins has struggled under pressure.

Yesterday, he was BRILLIANT under pressure.

7-of-13 for 136 yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs.

Average depth of target when under pressure: 9.6 yards (which is excellent). Hunting for big plays.
Phil Mackey 🎙
@PhilMackey
·
4m
Kirk Cousins had the second highest
@pff
grade "under pressure" of any Week 1 QB -- behind only Josh Allen (Aaron Rodgers was dead last).

Last year, Cousins ranked 20th under pressure.

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode