Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread Page: <<   < prev  97 98 [99] 100 101   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/11/2023 7:13:41 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Terrible AB from Lewis.

quote:

Kirilloff error opens the door to 4 runs.

You'd swear this was the first playoff game

Lots of terrible at bats.

Kirilloff and Wallner need to sit. Have zero chance at the plate through 3 games. Lewis is doing zero besides his 3 dingers. Julien annoying me by taking strike 3's. Yep umping is bad, but swing the bat if you know it's gonna be close.

Gardy-worthy crap show. Equipment manager gonna have a tough time getting the stains out of those pants.

Lewis is the one that surprised me. From day 1 he was a guy who never chased out of the zone. That first AB he just failed at 3 straight pitches that were about a foot out of the zone. It looks like the moment has gotten big on him all of the sudden. Kirilloff and Wallner look like they are going through the motions. At lest Julien has drawn some walks.

These kids carried the offense in the second half. We need them to figure it out quick. A Joe Ryan return to first half form would be a big help today.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 2451
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/11/2023 7:25:03 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Terrible AB from Lewis.

quote:

Kirilloff and Wallner need to sit. Have zero chance at the plate through 3 games. Lewis is doing zero besides his 3 dingers. Julien annoying me by taking strike 3's. Yep umping is bad, but swing the bat if you know it's gonna be close.

Gardy-worthy crap show. Equipment manager gonna have a tough time getting the stains out of those pants.

Lewis is the one that surprised me. From day 1 he was a guy who never chased out of the zone. That first AB he just failed at 3 straight pitches that were about a foot out of the zone. It looks like the moment has gotten big on him all of the sudden. Kirilloff and Wallner look like they are going through the motions. At lest Julien has drawn some walks.

These kids carried the offense in the second half. We need them to figure it out quick. A Joe Ryan return to first half form would be a big help today.

I think extra rest for Joe should help; looking like the extra day hurt Sonny.

Also wth are we pitching to Alvarez....in three games 3 HRs and 2 Dbls yet we attack him like he is the worst hitter in the lineup and we almost walk Maldonado every time.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 10/11/2023 7:26:13 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2452
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/11/2023 8:13:06 AM   
twinsfan

Lewis, Kirilloff and Wallner should be ashamed of their recent play. I'd bench all 3 tonight.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 2453
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/11/2023 8:13:56 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

Terrible AB from Lewis.

quote:

Really? Lewis has been overrated from the moment he hit his 3rd grand slam. He is clueless out there. No chance.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 2454
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/11/2023 8:19:13 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

Terrible AB from Lewis.

quote:

Really? Lewis has been overrated from the moment he hit his 3rd grand slam. He is clueless out there. No chance.

Are you joking? Lewis isn't clueless; Javier had his best stuff; Sonny didn't. Today if we don't rake we are done.

Post #: 2455
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/11/2023 9:34:52 AM  1 votes
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Terrible AB from Lewis.

quote:

Are you joking? Lewis isn't clueless; Javier had his best stuff; Sonny didn't. Today if we don't rake we are done.

Don't worry about it Phil. This is just the cork sniffer giving a purposely stupid take to try to get a rise out of me.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 2456
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/11/2023 9:47:38 AM   
Mister Ed

I would also start Farmer today.

Wish they'd have kept Larnach on the roster instead of useless Stevenson. At least it would have given them another option in the failing corner outfielder spot.

I would probably put Castro in left, Have Taylor out in Center for his D (since his bat's quiet) and Farmer at third tonight. Calm some players down.

Tough decision at catcher. Jeffers has 2 hits all postseason, yet i loathe Vazquez.

What was old is new again
Post #: 2457
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/11/2023 9:48:46 AM   
Mister Ed

Also agree on Alvarez. Pablo handled him. The rest are awful trying to pitch to him.

And the nibbling with Maldonado in the 9 spot is silly. What, you wanna turn the lineup over that badly?

Post #: 2458
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/11/2023 10:06:26 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Also agree on Alvarez. Pablo handled him. The rest are awful trying to pitch to him.

And the nibbling with Maldonado in the 9 spot is silly. What, you wanna turn the lineup over that badly?

Sometimes you have to give credit to an Astro pitcher and admit Sonny didn't have his best. Jeffers you have to keep in there for his power even though the other catcher has moxy.

I think you have to play Kirilloff and Wallner as the Astros won't have their best tonight and you handcuff the lineup too much w/o those two.

The only change I would make is the order....move Correa and Lewis in the batting order (we need good at bats early in the game) and anyone at the bottom of the order is playing small ball and bunting runners over early. Castro and Taylor have to run also.

Julien 1B
Correa SS
Polanco 2B
Farmer DH
Kepler RF
Lewis 3B
Wallner LF
Jeffers C
Taylor/Castro CF

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 10/11/2023 10:20:05 AM >

Post #: 2459
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/11/2023 11:40:33 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Sometimes you have to give credit to an Astro pitcher and admit Sonny didn't have his best. Jeffers you have to keep in there for his power even though the other catcher has moxy.

I think you have to play Kirilloff and Wallner as the Astros won't have their best tonight and you handcuff the lineup too much w/o those two.

The only change I would make is the order....move Correa and Lewis in the batting order (we need good at bats early in the game) and anyone at the bottom of the order is playing small ball and bunting runners over early. Castro and Taylor have to run also.

Julien 1B
Correa SS
Polanco 2B
Farmer DH
Kepler RF
Lewis 3B
Wallner LF
Jeffers C
Taylor/Castro CF

That's one hell of a time to throw Julien out there at 1B for the first time.

Post #: 2460
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/11/2023 11:47:30 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

Julien 1B
Correa SS
Polanco 2B
Farmer DH
Kepler RF
Lewis 3B
Wallner LF
Jeffers C
Taylor/Castro CF

close, but not his first time.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 2461
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/11/2023 11:58:31 AM   
twinsfan

Projected lineup has no Julien.

Lewis at DH.

Farmer at 3B.

Solano at 1B.

Castro in LF.

I would leave Julien at DH and make Lewis sit as punishment.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 2462
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/11/2023 1:39:00 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Julien 1B
Correa SS
Polanco 2B
Farmer DH
Kepler RF
Lewis 3B
Wallner LF
Jeffers C
Taylor/Castro CF

I think you have to and try to get Farmer in the lineup; probably should have been done game 3.

Post #: 2463
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/11/2023 1:56:45 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Terrible AB from Lewis.

quote:

Don't worry about it Phil. This is just the cork sniffer giving a purposely stupid take to try to get a rise out of me.

Matt cried so much to get a 6 PM start time....we have to suffer now.

Post #: 2464
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/11/2023 3:20:13 PM   
Phil Riewer

Ted
@tlschwerz
·
3m
There’s the injury designation. Glad it isn’t the wrist.
Bobby Nightengale
@nightengalejr
·
5m
Alex Kirilloff is out with a shoulder injury, manager Rocco Baldelli said. It was affecting his swing. twitter.com/nightengalejr/…
Darren Wolfson
@DWolfsonKSTP
Shoulder issue goes back to April. Sure, glad on not wrist. But the shoulder has been a thing for many months.

Aaron Gleeman
@AaronGleeman
Rocco Baldelli said Alex Kirilloff is dealing with the same shoulder problem he had in the second half.

It’s gotten progressively worse, to the point he’s having trouble swinging.

Donovan Solano will be the primary first baseman. Edouard Julien and Kyle Farmer are also options.
3:17 PM · Oct 11, 2023

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 10/11/2023 3:21:16 PM >

Post #: 2465
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/11/2023 3:22:32 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Terrible AB from Lewis.

quote:

Matt cried so much to get a 6 PM start time....we have to suffer now.

6 pm start time is not suffering. some people have to work. They like to watch the game too.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 2466
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/11/2023 3:22:33 PM   
Phil Riewer

I guess we should know:

Ted
@tlschwerz
·
36m
Of note, with Alex Kirilloff being swapped out for Byron Buxton, he would not be eligible to join the #MNTwins in the ALCS

Post #: 2467
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/11/2023 3:23:13 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Ted
@tlschwerz
·
3m
There’s the injury designation. Glad it isn’t the wrist.
Bobby Nightengale
@nightengalejr
·
5m
Alex Kirilloff is out with a shoulder injury, manager Rocco Baldelli said. It was affecting his swing. twitter.com/nightengalejr/…
Darren Wolfson
@DWolfsonKSTP
Shoulder issue goes back to April. Sure, glad on not wrist. But the shoulder has been a thing for many months.

Aaron Gleeman
@AaronGleeman
Rocco Baldelli said Alex Kirilloff is dealing with the same shoulder problem he had in the second half.

It’s gotten progressively worse, to the point he’s having trouble swinging.

Donovan Solano will be the primary first baseman. Edouard Julien and Kyle Farmer are also options.
3:17 PM · Oct 11, 2023

I am hearing the activated Buxton. Yay, five strikeout game to end the Twins season, here we come!

Post #: 2468
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/11/2023 3:26:27 PM   
Phil Riewer

Julien DH
Polanco 2B
Lewis 3B
Kepler RF
Correa SS
Jeffers C
Castro LF
Solano 1B
Taylor CF

Ryan P

#Astros Urquidy has reverse splits, so #MNTwins stacking righties.

Post #: 2469
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/11/2023 4:01:10 PM   
Mister Ed

Sad
THe first base depth is so shallow they decided to keep an injured player out there.

Why

Guess some others should have gotten reps at first during the season to be comfy.

Or they should have gotten a real lefthanded hitting first baseman, instead of another player of glass.

Post #: 2470
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/11/2023 4:18:42 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Julien DH
Polanco 2B
Lewis 3B
Kepler RF
Correa SS
Jeffers C
Castro LF
Solano 1B
Taylor CF

Ryan P

#Astros Urquidy has reverse splits, so #MNTwins stacking righties.

Very interesting and talking about reverse splits the Astros had a stellar 51-30 record on the road this season which means a losing 39-42 record at home. We win today the series is almost a lock to be ours.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2471
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/11/2023 6:42:54 PM   
Phil Riewer

And Rocco looks to try to out do Toronto Manager on pulling a starter. Uuugh

Post #: 2472
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/11/2023 7:04:28 PM   
TJSweens

Chalk up another one for over managing.

Post #: 2473
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/11/2023 7:07:21 PM   
twinsfan

So perfectly crafted by Rocco to predetermine Thielbar would face that part of the lineup 2nd time through.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 2474
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/11/2023 7:20:13 PM   
bstinger

Rockhead's over-managing is sure paying off.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 2475
Page:   <<   < prev  97 98 [99] 100 101   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread Page: <<   < prev  97 98 [99] 100 101   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode