Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  158 159 [160] 161 162   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/29/2023 6:01:11 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If several teams are involved, maybe we get a 2nd for Hunter and return a 4th.

Trouble is, he's not signed after the season, he's not young, he's not cheap so that could pull lower his trade value. But he is good.

Davenport and JJ back in two weeks. Defense and run game will have to carry team and I have more faith in the defense.

Davenport will be back. What are you, a wanna-be Vikings PR guy?

He looks dominant when in. I guess everyone would look like PR compared to your opinion (tank)

The point is, he is rarely in. God you're slow.

It’s ok Bill. Kwesi will do the opposite of what you suggest. So probably Dalton and Chase Young/Sweat

Probably. So far the average fan could have done better than day-trader Kwesi.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 10/29/2023 6:02:34 PM >
Post #: 3976
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/29/2023 6:05:44 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Barring a blockbuster trade for a QB, we almost have to sell high on Hunter now, right?

I'd be sad doing it because of how we fought back to 4-4 but there is no longer a chance to make a SB run, so I sell everyone I can for a fair price.

The re-build starts NOW. If the hold onto everyone it is malpractice.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 3977
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/29/2023 6:06:09 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

Barring a blockbuster trade for a QB, we almost have to sell high on Hunter now, right?

I would think so. Unless landing Wentz is enough to keep him here. Interesting few days ahead.

--twinsfan
Post #: 3978
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/29/2023 6:07:31 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: fmaltes

We have three players with Hall of Fame potential talent. Jefferson, Darrisaw and Hunter. When you have players of that caliber you need to keep them on your team. They should not trade any of them.

Either extend or trade Hunter. You CAN NOT keep him in a worthless season and let him walk next year for nothing.

--twinsfan
Post #: 3979
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/29/2023 6:10:03 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Anybody wanting Wentz has a screw loose. He is an awful qb. I'd sell off any parts with value and get a good long look at Hall.

Over half the people here have a screw loose.

I agree, sell and play the youngsters. Does Cine, Booth, Hall, Asamoah etc... have any value at all?

--twinsfan
Post #: 3980
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/29/2023 6:11:58 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Colin Kaepernick it is then.

--twinsfan
Post #: 3981
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/29/2023 6:13:42 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

We have three players with Hall of Fame potential talent. Jefferson, Darrisaw and Hunter. When you have players of that caliber you need to keep them on your team. They should not trade any of them.

Either extend or trade Hunter. You CAN NOT keep him in a worthless season and let him walk next year for nothing.

Empirical evidence only, but when a QB or top player is left unsigned during the last year of their contract it's a strong indication the team wants to or is forced to go in another direction.
Post #: 3982
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/29/2023 6:13:50 PM   
Murph

quote:

At this minute, we're picking 20th. But yeah let's use draft assets to sign a Dalton or some other QB Phil likes. Unproven defense, no running game. Sure! Whoo-hoo!

We need a team who already has their QB set next year to be picking first or second(like one of the NY teams or Houston).

Then, if we could lose enough to be picking around 8-11ish; we may be able to Godfather our way up to one of those top spots.

< Message edited by Murph -- 10/29/2023 6:17:41 PM >

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 3983
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/29/2023 6:14:34 PM   
Todd M

Cousins: Can you take me higher?

God: No, but I can put you down.
Post #: 3984
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/29/2023 6:15:10 PM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You trade a pending UFA if you project you cannot afford him because of the upcoming contracts and dead cap.

It better be a #1 and change or you hang up the phone.

Why? If, say, we can't pay Hunter why stubbornly hold out for a 1st then get nothing while turning down a more likely 2nd or 3rd (and the 3rd would be better than any comp pick).

Because the rumors are multiple teams want him. KAM should be able to parlay a 1st and more for him.

I don’t see them trading Hunter away. I see them adding to the defense and trading Cleveland. Back to .500 and Atlanta next.
Going to have to get a running game going and short safe passing game for Hall. See if we can pull out a win.

Most of us already knew you were a delusional idiot, thanks for further confirming it.

--twinsfan
Post #: 3985
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/29/2023 6:16:21 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

We forgot how good he was when we had Donatell standing him up all the time.

It took Flores probably one mini camp to figure out that he is at his best with his hand on the ground. Not saying he doesn't stand up once in a while but the majority is at left end.
Post #: 3986
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/29/2023 6:18:13 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

Sorry but injury or not, this team was not going anywhere anyway.

GB looked historically bad ... unbelievably bad ... and they stayed within one extra stupid play by us or one lucky play from them of making it another one score game.

The SF game was a mirage. May have been the high point of the season. We'll never know but we looked no better than a 4-4 team today even with our chosen one at QB.

I know I was hoping we turned a corner but today was just more of the same.

I hate to see Cousins get injured. I don't like him, I've wanted him gone – but not like this, absent of any serious contingency plan.

Plus ... IMO Cousins was missing some critical QB traits ... but the goofus had a really good arm and always gave 150% / always maximized what he did have ...

It's not a fair way to end your Vikings career.

At this point, I really hope we do not expend 2024 draft resources for a QB. Why do that? To salvage an ok season? And shoot yourself in the foot in the next draft?

I wouldn't trade a player either (for a QB). Only for draft assets.

We are in the end game now for the next Vikings QB ...

It's a real shame we won the last 3 and then had this happen. It's full tank time now, trade everyone you can and start over. There is no other responsible choice.

A few people are really really expensive, but everyone is available.

--twinsfan
Post #: 3987
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/29/2023 6:18:17 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Anybody wanting Wentz has a screw loose. He is an awful qb. I'd sell off any parts with value and get a good long look at Hall.

I agree, sell and play the youngsters. Does Cine, Booth, Hall, Asamoah etc... have any value at all?

There have been several player+7th rounder for a 6th rounder trades in 2025 or 2026, basically the lowest value you can get w/o saying here take him for nothing. Cleveland is one of those types. The three you mention don't even have that unless some GM liked them in college and has an inflated ego for resurrecting them.
Post #: 3988
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/29/2023 6:20:11 PM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

If several teams are involved, maybe we get a 2nd for Hunter and return a 4th.

Trouble is, he's not signed after the season, he's not young, he's not cheap so that could pull lower his trade value. But he is good.

Davenport and JJ back in two weeks. Defense and run game will have to carry team and I have more faith in the defense.

What is the upside?

9-7 and a road wildcard loss? WTF?

--twinsfan
Post #: 3989
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/29/2023 6:21:06 PM   
bstinger

quote:

Twitter is joking about Tanner Morgan.

Be thankful Twitter, or X, is unaware of you.

--twinsfan
Post #: 3990
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/29/2023 6:23:51 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You trade a pending UFA if you project you cannot afford him because of the upcoming contracts and dead cap.

It better be a #1 and change or you hang up the phone.

Why? If, say, we can't pay Hunter why stubbornly hold out for a 1st then get nothing while turning down a more likely 2nd or 3rd (and the 3rd would be better than any comp pick).

Because the rumors are multiple teams want him. KAM should be able to parlay a 1st and more for him.

I don’t see them trading Hunter away. I see them adding to the defense and trading Cleveland. Back to .500 and Atlanta next.
Going to have to get a running game going and short safe passing game for Hall. See if we can pull out a win.

Most of us already knew you were a delusional idiot, thanks for further confirming it.

LOL, get the running game going. The very running game he was harping on and on about a few days ago because it had zero TDs for the season.

Guess he thinks we're in 1988 where two-a-day practices were common and camp was long. Otherwise the new QB won't be getting any reps.

Like I said, the path to success is to simply do/think the opposite of Phil.
Post #: 3991
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/29/2023 6:25:02 PM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

There have been several player+7th rounder for a 6th rounder trades in 2025 or 2026, basically the lowest value you can get w/o saying here take him for nothing. Cleveland is one of those types. The three you mention don't even have that unless some GM liked them in college and has an inflated ego for resurrecting them.

Um, they were a part of the play the youngsters portion of the post.

--twinsfan
Post #: 3992
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/29/2023 6:28:54 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

GB looked historically bad ... unbelievably bad ... and they stayed within one extra stupid play by us or one lucky play from them of making it another one score game.

The SF game was a mirage. May have been the high point of the season. We'll never know but we looked no better than a 4-4 team today even with our chosen one at QB.

I hate to see Cousins get injured. I don't like him, I've wanted him gone – but not like this, absent of any serious contingency plan.

Plus ... IMO Cousins was missing some critical QB traits ... but the goofus had a really good arm and always gave 150% / always maximized what he did have ...

At this point, I really hope we do not expend 2024 draft resources for a QB. Why do that? To salvage an ok season? And shoot yourself in the foot in the next draft?

It's a real shame we won the last 3 and then had this happen. It's full tank time now, trade everyone you can and start over. There is no other responsible choice.

What are we trading them for? Drake Maye?

Trade Cleveland, sign a FA QB and see where we can go.

We need the worst record to get Williams. Not happening. AZ, CHI(2), NE will all have worse records than us. Unless we blatantly throw games.

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 10/29/2023 6:31:24 PM >
Post #: 3993
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/29/2023 6:31:19 PM   
Ricky J

This is a sad day for me. I really was looking forward to, and hoping to see, the team get better every week. Never know now.

IMO, I hope we go with Hall the rest of the way. Let's find out if he's got it or not.
Post #: 3994
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/29/2023 6:32:04 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Um, they were a part of the play the youngsters portion of the post.

Um, you mentioned value while responding to a post saying "sell off any parts with value".

No matter, they have no playing value or trade value.
Post #: 3995
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/29/2023 6:39:04 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

This is a sad day for me. I really was looking forward to, and hoping to see, the team get better every week. Never know now.

IMO, I hope we go with Hall the rest of the way. Let's find out if he's got it or not.

Agreed. Plenty of weapons. Oline does well pass blocking. No excuses.
Post #: 3996
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/29/2023 6:39:18 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

What are we trading them for? Drake Maye?

Trade Cleveland, sign a FA QB and see where we can go.

We need the worst record to get Williams. Not happening. AZ, CHI(2), NE will all have worse records than us. Unless we blatantly throw games.

Depends on how you value the team. Take the three game win streak. One vs Chicago who you list here as, well, bad. And that was with Pagent or whomever replacing Fields. Two, SF, a good win. Three, GB who is terrible and their 2-5 record shows it.

Note, I wouldn't advocate making everyone available for a trade.

Do you want to see a QB run in the draft while we watch?
Post #: 3997
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/29/2023 6:40:30 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Might as well.

Mullens and Manonion are very short bridge types ...

I would probably keep them on the PS (when Mullens comes back) and snipe another young QB on a practice squad just to see what he has.
Post #: 3998
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/29/2023 6:41:56 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

I would think so. Unless landing Wentz is enough to keep him here. Interesting few days ahead.

I'm speaking from Wilfs perspective not mine. I'd probably start the trades of anyone not in future plans.
Post #: 3999
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/29/2023 7:12:28 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

Agreed. Plenty of weapons. Oline does well pass blocking. No excuses.

Not sure what you mean by no excuses. But Hall and the M&M brothers, or anyone who is not a current successful veteran will have an uphill climb, and I can fully excuse them because they have no in-game experience and/or have never been a starter. We average a pedestrian 3.9 ypc (that will drop after today), but the D is going to have a field day either blitzing all the time, or taking away one offensive component and daring the O to beat the D with the other one.

Maybe someone will be a Purdy or some other QB who steps in out of nowhere. But that's far from the norm.

Maybe they try to throw off the D by doing those weird in-game QB swaps like in the 1987 playoff massacre of NO with Wade Wilson and Tommy Kramer.
Post #: 4000
Page:   <<   < prev  158 159 [160] 161 162   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  158 159 [160] 161 162   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode