Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  171 172 [173] 174 175   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2023 9:43:53 AM   
David F.

List of teams with QBs who are statistically worst than Saint Kirk yet somehow have managed more, the same, or very close to, the amount of wins this season.

Zach Wilson 4-3
Kenny Pickett 4-3
Whoever-the-hell-is-QB-for-Cleveland 4-3
CJ Stroud 3-4
Tannehill/Levis/Willis 3-4
Richardson/Minshew 3-5
Jimmy G 3-5
Dak 5-2
Sam Howell 3-5
Jared Goff 6-2
Desmond Ridder 4-4
Derek Carr 4-4
Baker Mayfield 3-4
Geno Smith 5-2
Brock Purdy 5-3
Mathew Stafford 3-5

But somehow the wheels will fall off because we lost Cousins? Do I need to remind everyone that we won the same amount of games but actually MORE playoff games with all the garbage that came before him than we did WITH him?

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 4301
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2023 9:44:21 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Cousins definitely went out on a high after his last game and a half. He's done here. But it won't be that simple for some.

There will be hope and speculation we will sign him this offseason.
After he signs elsewhere, there will be calls to trade for him.
After he retires there will be hope and 'rumors' he's coming back for a curtain call.

He left as one of the better QBs in franchise history, alas that isn't saying much for the franchise.

How do you know he won't be back? The odds probably increased instead of decreased because he won't cost as much. It all depends on how Hall/Dobbs perform and what is available in the offseason.

A want doesn't make a high % guess.

Your honor, I rest my case.

Edit - OK Phil. To prevent you from yapping on and on that I can't possibly know that, it is pure, unadulterated speculation on an armchair GM opinion board. An opinion I chose to present as a fact even though everyone (except you I presume) knows one cannot factually predict such future possibilities. Happy? Ever read The Onion? You know, there are some people who read articles it publishes, actually take issue with the accuracy of the content, and, yes, even fire back a message to the authors.

Weakest case ever Attorney Tank....again no matter what side you are on; the performance of Hall/Dobbs and what is available in the offseason/draft supersede a sans/stans want or case.

So YOU know (and repeat) what the criteria is, yet fail to mention the salary cap which is very often a key variable? Pfft.

It's my contention he will never take another snap as a Viking.
Post #: 4302
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2023 9:44:51 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty
David F., what do you think of Dobbs ?

He´s going to do just fine. We´ll win more games than we lose with Dobbs and/or Hall. They won't be as polished working the offense (at first) as Saint Kirk was but they'll eventually catch up. Kirk was a master at attaining excellent stats. Stats don't equal wins necessarily. On that note, yards don't equal points which was another thing this team was really good at these first eight games. I expect to see less head-scratching moments like lining up under the right guard, throwing it backwards to running backs, not spiking the ball with the clock running after a first down, etc etc...
In short, we'll see inferior stats but more wins and more points. I'm excited to see how it unfolds. Bear in mind - it will look very unpolished right off the bat.

What's your basis for all of this? Dobb's 1-8 record as a starter? Dobbs never having played with any of his Vikings receivers? Maybe it's his complete lack of knowledge of the Vikings playbook that intrigues you. Hall has a whopping 4 NFL passes.
I'm so tired of the Kirk knows how to pad stats argument. If it's not that simple. You don't put up big numbers without being pretty good in the first place. Last year he put up enough points to overcome the worst defense in football and win 13 games.
Don't get me wrong. I'm completely ready to move on from the guy after that choke down check down with the playoff game on the line. I'm just saying the idea that the Vikings will do better offensively and win more with Dobbs or Hall is based on despising Cousins and not any evidence from Hall or Dobbs.

Oh boy, where to begin... OK let's start with the 1-8 record. I don't give a hoot about his record with the Cardinals. I watched about a combined ten minutes of his footage and saw him navigate the pocket like a pro and step up and launch some damn bombs. That will translate to points for the Vikings. I am concerned about the fact that Dobbs and Hall are new and I addressed that in my post. Knowledge of the playbook doesn't bother me at all. Dobbs is a rocket scientist - like for real - he's done internships at NASA.
The fact that you're tired of the Kirk/stats argument is out of my control. Go ahead and be tired of it. And yes - you have to be pretty darn good to put up good stats. Kirk is a good QB. He's just not a stone cold killer when it comes to being competitive in football. And this is a bit persnickety but the Vikings were not the worst defesnse in football last season. They were bad, but not the worst. Also, I don't really care about the comeback wins - especially when we had no business being behind in the first place. Some of those comeback wins were like me finally crushing a day at work after procrastinating the prevoius two days. Catching up doesn't make me a hero.
Lastly, the beauty of this all is that we get to watch it play out.

We ended up 28th....we may have been the worst defense against the pass....and that doesn't take into effect how poor the defense was by year end and the first playoff game.....we were the only team in the playoffs with a bottom five defense.

Thank you for confirming we were not the worst defense.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 4303
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2023 9:47:59 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

List of teams with QBs who are statistically worst than Saint Kirk yet somehow have managed more, the same, or very close to, the amount of wins this season.

Zach Wilson 4-3
Kenny Pickett 4-3
CJ Stroud 3-4
Richardson/Minshew 3-5
Jimmy G 3-5
Dak 5-2
Sam Howell 3-5
Jared Goff 6-2
Desmond Ridder 4-4
Derek Carr 4-4
Baker Mayfield 3-4
Geno Smith 5-2
Brock Purdy 5-3
Mathew Stafford 3-5

But somehow the wheels will fall off because we lost Cousins? Do I need to remind everyone that we won the same amount of games but actually MORE playoff games with all the garbage that came before him than we did WITH him?

Weird outside of Cleveland and NYJ those are the #1 qbs for each team. Also all those on the list had high expectations also. You know a respectable defense, oline, and offense.

We will be using our #3 QB on Sunday...

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 11/1/2023 9:53:33 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 4304
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2023 9:53:35 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

Zach Wilson 4-3
Kenny Pickett 4-3
CJ Stroud 3-4
Richardson/Minshew 3-5
Jimmy G 3-5
Dak 5-2
Sam Howell 3-5
Jared Goff 6-2
Desmond Ridder 4-4
Derek Carr 4-4
Baker Mayfield 3-4
Geno Smith 5-2
Brock Purdy 5-3
Mathew Stafford 3-5

Weird outside of Cleveland and NYJ those are the #1 qbs for each team. Also all those on the list had high expectations also. You know a respectable defense, oline, and offense....

Atlanta (4-4), New Orleans (4-4), and Tampa (3-4) most definitley did NOT have high expectations. Neither did Pittsburgh for that matter. Jimmy G (3-5) just got his coach and GM fired this very morning.

Yet 4-4 is considered crushing it over here in Minnesota. Make it make sense to me.

Post #: 4305
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2023 9:54:59 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Zach Wilson 4-3
Kenny Pickett 4-3
CJ Stroud 3-4
Richardson/Minshew 3-5
Jimmy G 3-5
Dak 5-2
Sam Howell 3-5
Jared Goff 6-2
Desmond Ridder 4-4
Derek Carr 4-4
Baker Mayfield 3-4
Geno Smith 5-2
Brock Purdy 5-3
Mathew Stafford 3-5

Weird outside of Cleveland and NYJ those are the #1 qbs for each team. Also all those on the list had high expectations also. You know a respectable defense, oline, and offense....

Atlanta (4-4), New Orleans (4-4), and Tampa (3-4) most definitley did NOT have high expectations. Neither did Pittsburgh for that matter. Jimmy G (3-5) just got his coach and GM fired this very morning.

Yet 4-4 is considered crushing it over here in Minnesota. Make it make sense to me.

Are they on their #3 QB? You don't fire your HC and GM if they are blaming the QB. Aren't Atlanta, TB, and NO tied for first in their division. Pittsburgh always is in it to win it.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 11/1/2023 9:55:59 AM >

Post #: 4306
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2023 9:57:56 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Congrats Kirk haters. You got your wish

This is Phil's first post after the news of Cousins' injury. Many replied that literally nobody wanted that outcome, and most posts expressing he be traded were based on when we were 0-3 and 1-4, not 4-4.

Some do not even consider context, especially so when they are grieving.

So, it's easy to see why he's irrationally snippy when someone says Cousins is done here.
Post #: 4307
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2023 9:58:39 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Zach Wilson 4-3
Kenny Pickett 4-3
CJ Stroud 3-4
Richardson/Minshew 3-5
Jimmy G 3-5
Dak 5-2
Sam Howell 3-5
Jared Goff 6-2
Desmond Ridder 4-4
Derek Carr 4-4
Baker Mayfield 3-4
Geno Smith 5-2
Brock Purdy 5-3
Mathew Stafford 3-5

Are they on their #3 QB? You don't fire your HC and GM if they are blaming the QB. Aren't Atlanta, TB, and NO tied for first in their division. Pittsburgh always is in it to win it.

I don't want this to become some weird, all-day, back and forth but you do know that as of one week ago we were also not on our #3 QB right? Our 4-4 record is with our #1 QB.

PS - Tennessee, Indianapolis, and especially Houston also did NOT have high expectations coming into 2023, yet, there they all are, with just one less win than we have.

Post #: 4308
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2023 9:59:06 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

This is Phil's first post after the news of Cousins' injury. Many replied that literally nobody wanted that outcome, and most posts expressing he be traded were based on when we were 0-3 and 1-4, not 4-4.
So, it's easy to see why he's irrationally snippy when someone says Cousins is done here.

Nah most know you are Sans Kirk....we all know who is irrational.

Post #: 4309
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2023 10:04:42 AM   
Ricky J

If you spend any time on a message board baseball thread and you put a lot of weight on a pitchers record you'd get blasted pretty hard about it's actual relevance to his worth or how well he has played.

Do that with a NFL pitcher, I mean QB, and there's a different sentiment on the subject
Post #: 4310
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2023 10:06:46 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

If you spend any time on a message board baseball thread and you put a lot of weight on a pitchers record you'd get blasted pretty hard about it's actual relevance to his worth or how well he has played.

Do that with a NFL pitcher, I mean QB, and there's a different sentiment on the subject

I think because I pulled in sixteen examples I have some credibility.

Post #: 4311
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2023 10:08:49 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Zach Wilson 4-3
Kenny Pickett 4-3
CJ Stroud 3-4
Richardson/Minshew 3-5
Jimmy G 3-5
Dak 5-2
Sam Howell 3-5
Jared Goff 6-2
Desmond Ridder 4-4
Derek Carr 4-4
Baker Mayfield 3-4
Geno Smith 5-2
Brock Purdy 5-3
Mathew Stafford 3-5

I don't want this to become some weird, all-day, back and forth but you do know that as of one week ago we were also not on our #3 QB right? Our 4-4 record is with our #1 QB.

PS - Tennessee, Indianapolis, and especially Houston also did NOT have high expectations coming into 2023, yet, there they all are, with just one less win than we have.

Obviously you aren't taking into account we were trending up with the meaty part of our schedule in your hypothesis after playing KC & Philly and winning 3 road games in a row with Kirk at QB. Also the SF game also....so you shouldn't be surprise if many don't agree with you.

Post #: 4312
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2023 10:09:55 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Siri, what is a rabbit hole?

A rabbit hole can best be expressed by the following actual quotes:

David: List of teams with QBs who are statistically worst than Saint Kirk yet somehow have managed more, the same, or very close to, the amount of wins this season.

Phil:Are they on their #3 QB? You don't fire your HC and GM if they are blaming the QB. Aren't Atlanta, TB, and NO tied for first in their division. Pittsburgh always is in it to win it.
Post #: 4313
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2023 10:12:37 AM   
David F.

It all started with "what's your basis for all of this". Seeing 16 other QBs, who are perceived to be worse than Kirk, manage more, the same, or close to the same amount of wins - is part of my basis.

Post #: 4314
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2023 10:12:46 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't want Cousins and I separately believe Cousins will never play for Minnesota again.

Enjoy your grieving.
Post #: 4315
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2023 10:14:42 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

David: List of teams with QBs who are statistically worst than Saint Kirk yet somehow have managed more, the same, or very close to, the amount of wins this season.
Phil:Are they on their #3 QB? You don't fire your HC and GM if they are blaming the QB. Aren't Atlanta, TB, and NO tied for first in their division. Pittsburgh always is in it to win it.

Thinking going to a #3 QB will be fine and normal after winning 3 games in row with a trending up Qb, Oline, and Defense....also 2 of the best games by our QB throwing to a rookie WR. Umm also not mentioning the schedule which included KC and Philly...Rabbit Hole?

Nah you both are the irrational ones.

Post #: 4316
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2023 10:15:20 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't want Cousins and I separately believe Cousins will never play for Minnesota again.

Enjoy your grieving.

Everyone knows Attorney Tank and we don't care.

Post #: 4317
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2023 10:16:46 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

It all started with "what's your basis for all of this". Seeing 16 other QBs, who are perceived to be worse than Kirk, manage more, the same, or close to the same amount of wins - is part of my basis.

You're doing great. Facts hurt. Love the Saint Kirk references, sounds like a small town next to nowhere. Wouldn't be shocked to see him start a town like that, and even gain a few residents as he preaches on Sundays.

Saint Kirk, population 27.
Post #: 4318
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2023 10:20:19 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Enjoy your grieving.

You care, you know you care. This offseason I'll be laughing at your incessant posts that we need to sign Cousins while simultaneously speculating about our new 1st round QB.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 11/1/2023 10:26:21 AM >
Post #: 4319
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2023 10:24:37 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Thinking going to a #3 QB will be fine and normal after winning 3 games in row with a trending up Qb, Oline, and Defense....also 2 of the best games by our QB throwing to a rookie WR. Umm also not mentioning the schedule which included KC and Philly...Rabbit Hole?

Nah you both are the irrational ones.

Thanks Siri, but one great rabbit hole example was enough!
Post #: 4320
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2023 10:25:03 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Enjoy your grieving.

You care, you know you care. This offseason I'll be laughing at your incessant posts that we need to sign Cousins while speculating about our new 1st round QB.

You may need to go check back in and reaffirm with your mirror if you think that. You are so far on the tank side you can't see it. Look back at Sweens post. I like most don't want to get worse at qb and also look at the post of who our qbs have been the last 25.

I know you struggle with differing opinions even when rational.

Post #: 4321
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2023 10:30:09 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Enjoy your grieving.

You care, you know you care. This offseason I'll be laughing at your incessant posts that we need to sign Cousins while speculating about our new 1st round QB.

You may need to go check back in and reaffirm with your mirror if you think that. You are so far on the tank side you can't see it. Look back at Sweens post. I like most don't want to get worse at qb and also look at the post of who our qbs have been the last 25.

We could have tanked or we can win the Super Bowl, but I don't want Cousins and believe he is done here. Happy now?

Now, I realize you won't comprehend this but tanking is heavily predicated on trading players for future assets. But now that the trading deadline is over, there is no reason to advocate tanking because it basically doesn't exist. Is that simple enough for you?

Oh, again with the grammar and relevance: and also look at the post of who our qbs have been the last 25. Yikes.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 11/1/2023 10:42:50 AM >
Post #: 4322
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2023 10:42:24 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Enjoy your grieving.

We could have tanked or we can win the Super Bowl, but I don't want Cousins and believe he is done here. Happy now?

Now, I realize you won't comprehend this but tanking is heavily predicated on trading players for future assets. But now that the trading deadline is over, there is no reason to advocate tanking because it basically doesn't exist. Is that simple enough for you?

Oh, again with the grammar: and also look at the post of who our qbs have been the last 25. Yikes.

3 sentences from the supposed rational person....sigh.

Post #: 4323
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2023 10:45:59 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Enjoy your grieving.

Oh, again with the grammar: and also look at the post of who our qbs have been the last 25. Yikes.

You can't even count. I won't dare try to even guess the meaning of your post.

Did you understand the connection between tanking and the trade deadline? It's my personal belief/definition, and I know you struggle with that.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 11/1/2023 10:49:05 AM >
Post #: 4324
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2023 10:57:52 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Enjoy your grieving.

You can't even count. I won't dare try to even guess the meaning of your post.

Did you understand the connection between tanking and the trade deadline? It's my personal belief/definition, and I know you struggle with that.

Majority of fans want a decent QB...it doesn't have to be Kirk. Like I said look back in history....a rational person can actually agree we can be worse off than Kirk. The last 25 years prove that.

The worst excuse I have heard is don't let Kwesi draft a qb. Who has drafted a HOF QB for the Vikings? 1 GM in 1961.

Post #: 4325
Page:   <<   < prev  171 172 [173] 174 175   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  171 172 [173] 174 175   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode