Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  176 177 [178] 179 180   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 10:46:41 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

Yeah, just like that stupid Joe Mauer, made the Twins give him all that money.

ps: no fan of a team is impressed when someone takes up a large percentage of the cap. Unless one can be assured they themselves would be just grateful to play the game for money and would be handing out team-friendly deals a lot of the anger towards Cousins and how much money he made is hypocrisy, imo.

- seriously, though, what in the world does a guy who drives around in a shitty family van do with all that money?

Both statements are IMO off the mark.

- I don't have a problem with someone taking up a ton of cap if they produce big. And that means playing big in the playoffs, leading the team when the chips are down, winning the big one, being a transcendent player like Lawrence Taylor, etc. Generally, this applies to QB since that position is the most important one on the field.

- Joe Six Pack being grateful to play for (no?) money has no bearing on big dollar, cap crushing professional contracts so hypocrisy is a non-starter.

My point is, what good does it do to "hate" someone 'cause they got what you would of got in the same situation. Makes more sense to me to hate the GM, owners, wait ....

Ok, I really don't give a shti. I knew better to throw in my 2 cents. I just want the conversation to be over with and am tired of both sides of it - so, I'm as bad as the next guy

Well, your post was mostly about money so that's what I replied to.... but I now see the mention of "anger" in it and the tie-in.

Yes, both 'sides' are feeding the fire and you are definitely a big part of one side. Some people hate Cousins. Some love him. At the end of the day, so what?

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 11/2/2023 10:50:40 AM >
Post #: 4426
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 10:47:50 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Video of Kobe getting injured and shooting two free throws after it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0EPEIoi9eI
Laker trainer on the immediate moments after Kobe's injury and in the locker room: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NP0sXxxmxk
Seems he was determined to walk off based in part as a shot to Paul Pierce. And he demanded to have surgery the next morning, which happened.
The point of all this is to say before the pro-Cousins crowd gets excited about a possible eight-month return, note that every achilles injury is different and Kobe was a unique competitor.

0.0% to do with the Vikings....don't care one iota about Kobe. Different thread please.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 4427
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 10:48:43 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ps: no fan of a team is impressed when someone takes up a large percentage of the cap. Unless one can be assured they themselves would be just grateful to play the game for money and would be handing out team-friendly deals a lot of the anger towards Cousins and how much money he made is hypocrisy, imo.

- seriously, though, what in the world does a guy who drives around in a shitty family van do with all that money?

- I don't have a problem with someone taking up a ton of cap if they produce big. And that means playing big in the playoffs, leading the team when the chips are down, winning the big one, being a transcendent player like Lawrence Taylor, etc. Generally, this applies to QB since that position is the most important one on the field.

- Joe Six Pack being grateful to play for (no?) money has no bearing on big dollar, cap crushing professional contracts so hypocrisy is a non-starter.

My point is, what good does it do to "hate" someone 'cause they got what you would of got in the same situation. Makes more sense to me to hate the GM, owners, wait ....

Ok, I really don't give a shti. I knew better to throw in my 2 cents. I just want the conversation to be over with and am tired of both sides of it - so, I'm as bad as the next guy

Well, your post was entirely about money so that's what I replied to.

Yes, both 'sides' are feeding the fire and you are definitely a big part of one side.

Yep the 2 sides are Kirk Haters and the whats best for the team side.

Post #: 4428
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 10:50:07 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Video of Kobe getting injured and shooting two free throws after it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0EPEIoi9eI

Laker trainer on the immediate moments after Kobe's injury and in the locker room: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NP0sXxxmxk
Seems he was determined to walk off based in part as a shot to Paul Pierce. And he demanded to have surgery the next morning, which happened.

The point of all this is to say before the pro-Cousins crowd gets excited about a possible eight-month return, note that every achilles injury is different and Kobe was a unique competitor.

Kobe walks on it just after the injury. Cousins couldn't put his weight on his. Definitely not the same.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 4429
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 10:51:25 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes, both 'sides' are feeding the fire and you are definitely a big part of one side.

So if we don't see it just like you are we automatically a "hater?" I don't hate him at all. Thought it was worth a shot and now it's over. I have no hard feelings about any of it.
Post #: 4430
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 10:56:57 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So if we don't see it just like you are we automatically a "hater?" I don't hate him at all. Thought it was worth a shot and now it's over. I have no hard feelings about any of it.

Post #: 4431
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 10:58:56 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't see what's so funny. I gave it years before deciding in my opinion it was time to go another route. Really the only issue I have is all the dead money we'll be paying next year. You seem to be really taking it personally that he got injured.
Post #: 4432
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 11:02:06 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't see what's so funny. I gave it years before deciding in my opinion it was time to go another route. Really the only issue I have is all the dead money we'll be paying next year. You seem to be really taking it personally that he got injured.

Easy...he says he has no hard feelings....his posts say different. Most don't care one way or the other. Matters who available in the draft and how Hall/Dobbs perform. Yet Kirk may be the best option in the end....that would be what is the best for the team. If Hall/Dobbs are the next coming of Case/2022 Purdy; so be it.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 11/2/2023 11:03:47 AM >

Post #: 4433
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 11:03:58 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Easy...he says he has no hard feelings....his posts say different. Most don't care one way or the other. Matters who available in the draft and how Hall/Dobbs perform. Yet Kirk may be the best option in the end....that would be what is the best for the team.

I'd think a young qb that doesn't have much cap hit is probably best for the team. But just my humble opinion.
Post #: 4434
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 11:06:03 AM  1 votes
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Kobe walks on it just after the injury. Cousins couldn't put his weight on his. Definitely not the same.

Thanks for agreeing. Which suggests more than an eight-month return although who knows. But the comments of the trainer also suggest there was an element of willpower where Kobe was damn determined to not show weakness. Within a minute or two, he conjured up a memory of a rival to help fuel that determination.

And perhaps could Cousins have put weight on it but he was (smartly) trying to protect it.

My guess too is Kobe was abnormally dialed in to every facet of rehab.

Just pointing out some gray area human differences to go along with the explanation in the other text about how the injuries vary.
Post #: 4435
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 11:08:26 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Easy...he says he has no hard feelings....his posts say different. Most don't care one way or the other. Matters who available in the draft and how Hall/Dobbs perform. Yet Kirk may be the best option in the end....that would be what is the best for the team.

I'd think a young qb that doesn't have much cap hit is probably best for the team. But just my humble opinion.

Everyone agrees with you....like I posted earlier. The year we signed McNabb, drafted Ponder, and had Webb as our 3rd string....that doesn't get it done in a qb league.

Post #: 4436
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 11:08:30 AM  1 votes
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

See why I have him on Block? I wish there was a feature to block imbedded posts.
Post #: 4437
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 11:14:33 AM   
Mark Anderson

Maye
Sanders
Nix
Daniels
McCarthy
Penix
Ward
Ewers

Even if we sneak into playoffs as Wildcard, we can get one of these guys.

Maye is supposed to be clear #2. Not sure if that is true.

I think Daniels could be viewed as a Lamar Jackson type and will rise up boards.
Post #: 4438
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 11:16:00 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Yeah Richard, I gave it a while too. Didn't like the first-ever 100% guaranteed contract but that was on Spielman. Was also wondering why Washington fans were saying good riddance, because there would be highlights of his throwing bombs left and right. After watching his games for a while it became apparent he didn't have "It". He was never going to be the guy in the huddle in the Super Bowl having to go 96 yards to win and saying to his teammates "Hey, isn't that John Candy?" After that he sucked up more money. Then more after that. 1-4 in the playoffs over 11 seasons. I'm glad he is gone for good.
Post #: 4439
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 11:18:00 AM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

Addison looks like a future Pro Bowler, maybe All Pro.

But, did we make a mistake not drafting Levis? It was just one game but the guy is athletic and has the big arm.

Would have given the team an extra shot at a top QB while the rest of the offensive pieces are in place. Evaluate Levis this year, and if need be pick another top one next year. Certainly helps to have hit on Addison.
Post #: 4440
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 11:19:02 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Maye
Sanders
Nix
Daniels
McCarthy
Penix
Ward
Ewers

Even if we sneak into playoffs as Wildcard, we can get one of these guys.

Maye is supposed to be clear #2. Not sure if that is true.

I think Daniels could be viewed as a Lamar Jackson type and will rise up boards.

Have you been studying the QBs a bit? Agree on Maye. It 'seems' his high rating was fueled from the year prior, but that's just from anecdotal stuff.
Post #: 4441
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 11:19:18 AM   
David F.

It’s not possible for Kirk cousins to be the best chance for the Vikings’ success. The team’s success with him has been laughable. We can get the same amount of success (or more) from Hall/Dobbs (as we’re about to see). Now consider giving a highly touted rookie we draft in 2024 a shot? The upside is potentially unlimited and the floor will still be mediocrity. Yet so many want to run it back with known mediocrity that comes at a high price?

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 4442
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 11:19:50 AM  1 votes
Todd M

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

See why I have him on Block? I wish there was a feature to block imbedded posts.

You put on and take people off block more than all other posters combined. And the fact that you have to announce it each time like we need to know what goes on in your mind is bizarre.
Post #: 4443
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 11:25:02 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.
It’s not possible for Kirk cousins to be the best chance for the Vikings’ success. The team’s success with him has been laughable. We can get the same amount of success (or more) from Hall/Dobbs (as we’re about to see). Now consider giving a highly touted rookie we draft in 2024 a shot? The upside is potentially unlimited and the floor will still be mediocrity. Yet so many want to run it back with known mediocrity that comes at a high price?

I thought that too but the way Kwesi and KOC talk---it doesn't seem to be the case. Also the team loves Kirk. So all that talk about not being a leader seems to be smoke.

Whatever they do I will cheer for them. I am a Vikings fan first....

Post #: 4444
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 11:27:36 AM   
Phil Riewer

Rookie of the month:
Jordan Addison

Post #: 4445
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 11:34:53 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

You'll point to the 4-4 record and say it is equal if we finish 9-8 or 8-9.

But, I think the offense was just starting to take off and perhaps become Top 5. It sucks that Cousins got hurt because he looked to have shaken off a slow start and was on fire. OLine was awesome, Kirk was comfortable and the receivers were starting to catch everything instead of having killer drops.

Hopefully Hall or Dobbs catch fire like Cousins did the last 2 games and we go on a run. I think it will be Dobbs.
Post #: 4446
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 11:40:18 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

But, did we make a mistake not drafting Levis? It was just one game but the guy is athletic and has the big arm.

Would have given the team an extra shot at a top QB while the rest of the offensive pieces are in place. Evaluate Levis this year, and if need be pick another top one next year. Certainly helps to have hit on Addison.

I think there were some injury concerns with him(Levis). Time will tell if we made a mistake.

Nice to see you back on here, jbusse.
Post #: 4447
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 11:42:59 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You put on and take people off block more than all other posters combined. And the fact that you have to announce it each time like we need to know what goes on in your mind is bizarre.

Regarding posting about 'like we need to know what goes on in your mind' is the ultimate in projection coming from you.
Post #: 4448
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 11:44:08 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think there were some injury concerns with him(Levis). Time will tell if we made a mistake.

So desperate for play makers we had to use our 2nd for TJ........would have been a great option. Maybe Hall/Dobbs will perform just as well?

Post #: 4449
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 11:53:29 AM   
jbusse

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So desperate for play makers we had to use our 2nd for TJ........would have been a great option. Maybe Hall/Dobbs will perform just as well?

I know, but it may have been expensive to move that far up in the 2nd.
Post #: 4450
Page:   <<   < prev  176 177 [178] 179 180   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  176 177 [178] 179 180   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode