Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  216 217 [218] 219 220   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 7:52:24 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Everybody but Phil.. sees the reality…it’s not just this board.

We don’t have the personnel to run a slant a screen or just run the football with a third string QB. All that is on KOC?

Watch the Eagles play bully ball and you truly think we can do he same? Main example Powell and Addison have been great this year but if you don’t see their struggles going over the middle due to size. KOC isn’t the issue.

It seems to me that if you have a running back and linemen and WR’s and tight ends.. you have all the parts required to run all the plays that every other FN team manages to run..
So who is responsible for making sure those positional players know thier responsibility and execute the plays they are given to run?
Who chooses those plays?
Who is responsible for making the correct choice for every offensive situation and has designed the package that is on the field for that call..?
Do the players pick thier own plays?
Do the WR players decide which route tree they run fo a playcall?
Do the offensive line men pick and choose who to block and what zone area they are responsible for on a given call?
Who decides what player is the primary receiver for a playcall?
Who designates the direction of the slant routes or the screen play?
Who determines the play blocking and run hole for a running play?
How much leeway to check out of plays do you think 27 day Dobbs has and who has told him what his check cues are and what the change call should be?
It the FN coaches job to use the talent he has to win games.
KOC was out coached by Matt Eberflus and Sean Payton..
Every other poster and Talking head is questioning KOC and his Ability to coach to win..
You are blaming players for being “ not good enough to run plays”..

You saw the game. JJ opens up so much and KOC has been able to scheme until about last week. We haven't been able to run or run a screen all year.
KOC didn't get outcoached by Payton. Eberflus?.....Dobbs should have had 6 INTS. In both games the QB decided the game and it wasn't ours in Denver and it was mostly ours last night (More turnovers)...Microscope the turtling all you want and I don't disagree with it but if you watch what has been going on---basically teams know we are soft at WR with 2 smallish guys and a third KJ that can't get seperation plus a third string QB.

Apparently you haven't been watching what is going on. Does the majority only blame the QB play on the QB when Kirk was the QB? LOL

Go back to week 1 last year. Get a lead on Gb and shut it down for the 2nd half. Has anything changed? If anything he's getting worse. Yes Dobbs played like ass but I'll ask again. Is it illegal to pull him??

You think Mullens or Hall is the answer? I guess they will figure out who starts next but they need all the reps. Dobbs is our best shot even after the last two games.....JJ has to play for us to scheme/be a more explosive offense.

KOC is in his 2nd year as HC...the last 2 weeks are a sharp lesson; lets see if he learns.

I know Dobbs wasn't the answer last night for sure. Nobody would have been upset if he pulled him in the 3rd and tried Mullens. I doubt we have "the guy" on the roster but I also doubt we have the guy at the head coaching position.

I couldn't disagree more...KOC isn't the issue.

KOC has a lot of issues. You just refuse to see them.

He's a Trump guy. He misses most everything.

Where have you been during the win streak Brad H? Come in to fire our coach? LOL

Brad H plays both sides and the middle when convenient....

Where have I been? In short, I've got a life.

I enjoyed the win streak. The last four weeks is the most fun I've had watching the Vikings since Kirk Cousins arrived in 2018.

Did you have a life during the win streak?

I spend a lot less time in here these days. It's the same people saying the same things, endlessly.

I've got better things to entertain me. If you take an honest look, I really haven't spent any significant time in the Vikings thread in years. Truth-be-told, the Vikings haven't been that entertaining for me in quite some time.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 5426
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 8:02:42 AM   
Phil Riewer

At the very least the Team has been entertaining until the last 2 games.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 5427
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 8:02:50 AM  5 votes
Pauldiercks1

Most of us are Trump guys. Have you not noticed the complete disaster and financial disasters? Not to talk pol but you did mentioned it.

Still wish we could have found a way to lose to Carolina. My worst fears for the season are coming exactly how i hoped it would not. We might squeak into the playoffs or just miss. Either one is a horrible scenario. We make the playoffs with absolutely no shot at winning anything and more than likely get kicked out in embarrassing fashion again. Yawn!! 50 years of that is enough. Had we lost to Carolina we could have traded Kirk before the injury and gutted this team of high priced veterans.
But that is in the past now. Losing to the bears was a blessing. With any luck the Raiders will kick our asses also. That would be a great victory for the future of the team. Unfortunately, our schedule is littered with games that will be very difficult to lose. With a crappy team and misguided hope to just make the playoffs is wrong. We need a front office and owner that has the capability to look beyond and construct a roster from scratch with the ability to play with the big boys. For a lot of years we have only been on top of the poor rebuilding teams. If you have no realistic shot ( which we certainly 100 percent do not) There is great value in losing.  As a Viking fan for over 50 years I will be rooting against them. we already screwed up next season so that's a wash as well.
Post #: 5428
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 8:07:54 AM  4 votes
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pauldiercks1

Most of us are Trump guys. Have you not noticed the complete disaster and financial disasters? Not to talk pol but you did mentioned it.

I'd be more than happy to discuss this in the politics threads. No, I have not noticed the complete disaster or financial disasters. That's a pretty broad-brush statement. I'd love to see your breakdown of the economy in the politics thread. Something tells me it won't amount to much outside of hyperbole, rumors and innuendo.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 11/29/2023 8:37:16 AM >

Post #: 5429
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 9:11:58 AM   
Todd M

I don’t know which statement is dumber…

And even know the last game was some of the worst football I've ever seen, it was still more entertaining.

Most of us are Trump guys.

I’ll have to give the nod to anyone admitting they’re a Trump guy.
Post #: 5430
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 9:21:57 AM   
David F.

The day I ever identify myself as some politician's "guy" is the day I hope someone puts me out of my misery. Of all the things in the world to cling to... I TOLERATE my most favorite politicians - and I TOLERATE them on a day-to-day basis. I'd dump them in a heartbeat. There are one trillion more meaningful things in the world to deserve my time and energy than a... politician.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 5431
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 9:35:29 AM  3 votes
Ricky J

Right, like either one is worth bragging about. All the Bidden guys are now administration guys - funny how that works.

Thanks Brad, I'm sure the shit storm has made your day.
Post #: 5432
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 9:59:23 AM   
Todd M

Neither one worth bragging about maybe but one so bad you should be embarrassed as hell.
Post #: 5433
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 10:15:00 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Right, like either one is worth bragging about. All the Bidden guys are now administration guys - funny how that works.

Shit storm? Three posts? I even said, take it to the politics thread.

Post #: 5434
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 10:17:44 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Neither one worth bragging about maybe but one so bad you should be embarrassed as hell.

I'm not embarrassed at all. I'm dead serious. Kirk Cousins playing quarterback for the team I grew up cheering for was unwatchable television. I couldn't do it any more.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 11/29/2023 10:19:21 AM >

Post #: 5435
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 10:19:09 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

You started it! And of course, Phil couldn't leave it alone

-
Post #: 5436
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 10:20:18 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

-

And neither could you.

Post #: 5437
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 10:23:04 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Flores would have the killer instinct, he would just stare at the offensive coordinator, and the right plays would get called to ice the game.

Dungy - Tomlin - Don't let Flores be the next one to get away.

Is the 3 man rush “killer instinct”?

It also seems like teams are adjusting to him and learning to use his aggression against him. We’ve seen it two weeks in a row where a bad offensive team has been able to drive at will to get a score when needed.

They've given up one TD the last two weeks, with the opponent often having pretty good field position. If that's teams adjusting, I'll take it.

Den:10 plays, 75 yards, 2:14 minutes for the winning score.
Chi: 10 plays, 66 yards, 2:19 minutes for the winning score.

After those two crap offenses, we're facing a couple of unknown backup QBs the next two weeks so more info will be needed, but I have a sneaking suspicion that DCs have cracked the code on this version of the Flores D.
Post #: 5438
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 10:24:05 AM   
ratoppenheimer

o'connell needs to take dobbs and coach him up - teach him how to pass the ball more accurately...and he needs to develop gameplans and plays the work with dobbs's strengths....more play action and movement - dynamic....

dobbs should start in las vegas....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 5439
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 10:24:39 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

-

And neither could you.

Right! I recognized it as a phenomenon years ago. There's no one better at it that I've ever seen

up to 8 and climbing
Post #: 5440
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 10:27:21 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

o'connell needs to take dobbs and coach him up - teach him how to pass the ball more accurately...and he needs to develop gameplans and plays the work with dobbs's strengths....more play action and movement - dynamic....

The kid is 2-2 with his best weapon on the sidelines, and three of the teams he has played are in the playoff hunt.

Did he make some bad throws? Yes. Was he running for his life? Yes. Did he just get the playbook less than a month ago? Yes.

For what it's worth, that was one of the worst games the offensive line has played all season. They were borderline terrible.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 11/29/2023 10:31:45 AM >

Post #: 5441
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 10:30:52 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

-

Actually Phil didn't add a political post... you did.
Post #: 5442
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 10:32:34 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

-

Actually Phil didn't add a political post... you did.

This thread just got more entertaining. That's my take.

Post #: 5443
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 10:35:52 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

There simply isn't time in-season to do that, especially with the HC. Besides, do you really think a crash course in how to pass the ball more accurately is going to work for someone who has been on numerous NFL teams over quite a few years? He is what he is.

And based on listening to O'Connell's 15 minute press conference, twice, I belief he's moving in another direction.
Post #: 5444
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 10:37:51 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

-

And neither could you.

Right! I recognized it as a phenomenon years ago. There's no one better at it that I've ever seen

up to 8 and climbing

3 of the 8 are yours.
Post #: 5445
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 10:38:04 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

There simply isn't time in-season to do that, especially with the HC. Besides, do you really think a crash course in how to pass the ball more accurately is going to work for someone who has been on numerous NFL teams over quite a few years? He is what he is.
And based on listening to O'Connell's 15 minute press conference, twice, I belief he's moving in another direction.

All I can say is I hope it isn't Mullens; it would be regression as we don't have much of a running game w/o Hall and Dobbs.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 5446
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 10:41:36 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

The kid is 2-2 with his best weapon on the sidelines, and three of the teams he has played are in the playoff hunt.

Did he make some bad throws? Yes. Was he running for his life? Yes. Did he just get the playbook less than a month ago? Yes.

For what it's worth, that was one of the worst games the offensive line has played all season. They were borderline terrible.

First, he's not a kid.

Second, Everyone is in the "playoff hunt".

Third, he has regressed at an increased rate. His success is literally inversely proportional to his time spent with the team.
Post #: 5447
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 10:47:59 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

First, he's not a kid.

Second, Everyone is in the "playoff hunt".

Third, he has regressed at an increased rate. His success is literally inversely proportional to his time spent with the team.

He's played in 20 NFL games, with only 13 starts.. To me, that still qualifies as a kid.

He's smart, mobile and has a decent arm.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 11/29/2023 10:49:17 AM >

Post #: 5448
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 10:51:48 AM  2 votes
Todd M

Just bc you’re old it doesn’t make everyone in their mid 20’s a kid.

17 and under. Period.

Not sure what’s worse people calling adults kids or their pets their son or daughter.
Post #: 5449
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 10:53:29 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

This. KOC can't just magically "fix" Dobbs to be an accurate passer. Unless a Rocky like montage is a real thing. He is what he is. The gameplan stuff though, that I agree with. It's like KOC gameplanned a KC's style game and expected Dobbs to execute it. Use his strengths and don't expect to him to figure out and adapt to his weaknesses. That was horse shit from the coach.
Post #: 5450
Page:   <<   < prev  216 217 [218] 219 220   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  216 217 [218] 219 220   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode