Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  218 219 [220] 221 222   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 12:24:57 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Strap in and get behind Mullens. He’s going to get the nod.

Let’s go on another streak that keeps Brad busy.

Gotta paint the fence or walk the dog after Viking wins. Busy, busy busy.

I'm in here defending the guy. I'm not criticizing anyone after the loss, outside of the morons that now want to replace the quarterback they said was the answer two weeks ago.

All of you folks are such bandwagon jumpers. One bad game and its time to change everything from top-to-bottom. You people crack me up.

Given the kids first two performances, I don't think it's too much to ask to see what he can do with Jefferson on the field.

Yeah. He probably deserves a chance. If the 1st half looks like the chicago game, you go to Mullens or Hall for the 2nd half.
Post #: 5476
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 1:13:07 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

If you're going to change you have to go with Hall, right?

My hope at this point.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 5477
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 2:23:34 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

If you're going to change you have to go with Hall, right?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

My hope at this point.

quote:

I wouldn't change anything. I would tell the offensive line to do their job. Half of Dobbs' problem was that he was running for his life. Not many quarterbacks would have looked good on Monday night.

I'm all for staying with Dobbs. If they change, though, I think it's silly to go in any other direction than Hall. Of course, I say that while looking out my window with the season's first snow still on the ground and a cup of coffee next to me.
Post #: 5478
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 2:40:56 PM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm in here defending the guy. I'm not criticizing anyone after the loss, outside of the morons that now want to replace the quarterback they said was the answer two weeks ago.

All of you folks are such bandwagon jumpers. One bad game and its time to change everything from top-to-bottom. You people crack me up.

Given the kids first two performances, I don't think it's too much to ask to see what he can do with Jefferson on the field.

Yeah. He probably deserves a chance. If the 1st half looks like the chicago game, you go to Mullens or Hall for the 2nd half.

If the first half goes like the Chicago game, I replace all of my offensive linemen. Again, the o-line was the big problem last week. Dobbs' mistakes were the end result.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 5479
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 2:41:57 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Flores would have the killer instinct, he would just stare at the offensive coordinator, and the right plays would get called to ice the game.

Dungy - Tomlin - Don't let Flores be the next one to get away.

Is the 3 man rush “killer instinct”?

It also seems like teams are adjusting to him and learning to use his aggression against him. We’ve seen it two weeks in a row where a bad offensive team has been able to drive at will to get a score when needed.

They've given up one TD the last two weeks, with the opponent often having pretty good field position. If that's teams adjusting, I'll take it.

Defensive stats are great.

Giving up easy game winning scores isn’t.

I’m not saying to can him. And maybe a big part of the problem is lack of talent. But he’s been badly outcoached down the stretch the last 2 weeks. And not to good offenses.

that's why o'connell has to kill the game when we're on offense - care more about closing the show, now, than eating up your opponent's time outs....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 5480
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 2:43:19 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If the first half goes like the Chicago game, I replace all of my offensive linemen. Again, the o-line was the big problem last week. Dobbs' mistakes were the end result.

o'connell should watch the tape of the first half of the saints game all week - go with that....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 5481
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 3:04:55 PM   
Bill Johanesen

My interpretation of O'Connell saying he wants someone to maximize JJ's production rules out Dobbs. He wants a guy who is going to stay in the pocket and read 2-3 options, with JJ always being one of them. Dobbs will routinely break away from the pocket and it becomes helter skelter time after that.

So that leaves Mullens and Hall. I want to see Hall, but am thinking they will go with Mullens.

KOC doesn't want JJ pouting, and is now a step away from The Justin Ratio.
Post #: 5482
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 3:06:36 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

My interpretation of O'Connell saying he wants someone to maximize JJ's production rules out Dobbs. He wants a guy who is going to stay in the pocket and read 2-3 options, with JJ always being one of them. Dobbs will routinely break away from the pocket and it becomes helter skelter time after that.

So that leaves Mullens and Hall. I want to see Hall, but am thinking they will go with Mullens.

Yuck. But you're probably right. Since that's the guy with the least upside I'm sure he's the man.
Post #: 5483
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 3:15:21 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.

The OLine wasn't good but he was inaccurate the whole game. He misread coverage on 1st INT and was behind the receiver on another one. The last one he threw to the DLineman was a panic move.

If Cousins would have thrown a ball out of bounds to a wide open WR for an easy TD, this board would have exploded.

Having said all that, you have 2 weeks to get a good game plan for whatever QB you use. We should light up the Raiders with a healthy JJ.

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 11/29/2023 3:16:27 PM >
Post #: 5484
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 3:17:56 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The OL has issues, but teams are going to bring extra pressure until Dobbs consistently makes them pay with the pass. He was almost literally other-worldly in escaping tacklers and making plays the first two games. Uncanny, amazing, you name it. But the law of averages caught up quickly in part because that wasn't sustainable unless he is actually Barry Sanders and because DCs study video.

Ultimately, I'm good with whomever they wheel out in two weeks but think the order will be Mullens, Hall, Dobbs with the latter two practically a coin flip.
Post #: 5485
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 3:21:31 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

Yuck. But you're probably right. Since that's the guy with the least upside I'm sure he's the man.

Mullens is a lock to be a mainstay of the journeyman QB club. These dozen or so QBs play a modified form of musical chairs every offseason.
Post #: 5486
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 3:58:02 PM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The OL has issues, but teams are going to bring extra pressure until Dobbs consistently makes them pay with the pass. He was almost literally other-worldly in escaping tacklers and making plays the first two games. Uncanny, amazing, you name it. But the law of averages caught up quickly in part because that wasn't sustainable unless he is actually Barry Sanders and because DCs study video.

Ultimately, I'm good with whomever they wheel out in two weeks but think the order will be Mullens, Hall, Dobbs with the latter two practically a coin flip.

Exactly how I saw it. He had a bigger horseshoe up his ass than Keenum. No doubt Dobbs is athletic, but some of those pressure/scramble plays he made were lucky as hell. More than a few times when pressured, he turned right into a rusher, but somehow managed to escape.
His lack of accuracy passing the ball, and his turnover issues are probably not going away.
Post #: 5487
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 4:55:09 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Exactly how I saw it. He had a bigger horseshoe up his ass than Keenum. No doubt Dobbs is athletic, but some of those pressure/scramble plays he made were lucky as hell. More than a few times when pressured, he turned right into a rusher, but somehow managed to escape.
His lack of accuracy passing the ball, and his turnover issues are probably not going away.

Dobbs does try to stay in the pocket due to his scrambling ability.....the line can't hold forever.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 5488
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 5:20:24 PM   
Brad H

Again, lets see what happens with Jefferson back. He's earned that.

Post #: 5489
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 5:36:14 PM   
Todd M

quote:

What does that even mean? He’s earned what? The right for us observe him play?

He’s at neutral at best. His highlights and production evened out by an over played ham$tring injury.

If he lights it up and carries us into the playoffs and gets at least 1 win he’s back in the good books. Any more shenanigans or if he coasts out the year…off with his head. Or trade him if you’re against the macabre.
Post #: 5490
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 5:45:46 PM   
beo

quote:

quote:

What does that even mean? He’s earned what? The right for us observe him play?

He’s at neutral at best. His highlights and production evened out by an over played ham$tring injury.

If he lights it up and carries us into the playoffs and gets at least 1 win he’s back in the good books. Any more shenanigans or if he coasts out the year…off with his head. Or trade him if you’re against the macabre.

I think the comment was meant to be "Dobbs has earned a chance to play with Jefferson and see if that improves things..."

I'm not against it.

Vikes aren't going anywhere this year... no QB on the roster good enough for the playoffs imo.

Too bad, the defense has improved enough a dominant offense would be fun to watch.
Post #: 5491
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 6:00:41 PM   
Todd M

Ah, that makes sense.

And I could live with them sticking with Dobbs. I feel bad for him. If we kept rolling it would be the story of the year. His life. And I wanted that for him.

I think it’s going to be Mullens up though.
Post #: 5492
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 6:28:36 PM   
fmaltes

It is really interesting who KOC will select as the starting QB. I could see him going with Mullens since the original plan was for him to be the back up. They traded for him for this specific purpose. The Vikings got Dobbs because Mullens was hurt--not because they thought Mullens was bad. However, there are some good reasons to start Hall if he is completely healthy. He has the best arm in general and the best deep ball of the three choices. That deep throw ability allows more opportunities for stretch plays from Addison and Jefferson. He also perhaps has more potential upside. We know what we have with Mullens and Dobbs. Serviceable back up QBs prone to turnovers.
Post #: 5493
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 8:35:08 PM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: fmaltes

It is really interesting who KOC will select as the starting QB. I could see him going with Mullens since the original plan was for him to be the back up. They traded for him for this specific purpose. The Vikings got Dobbs because Mullens was hurt--not because they thought Mullens was bad. However, there are some good reasons to start Hall if he is completely healthy. He has the best arm in general and the best deep ball of the three choices. That deep throw ability allows more opportunities for stretch plays from Addison and Jefferson. He also perhaps has more potential upside. We know what we have with Mullens and Dobbs. Serviceable back up QBs prone to turnovers.

KOC has been mister conservative lately... I don't think there is any chance we see Hall this year unless it's last meaningless game of the year...

I'm gearing up to be disappointed.

Not a Mullins fan.
Post #: 5494
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 10:01:43 PM   
Viking Rich

KOC plays scared with the lead. A lot of Dobbs blaming in the room, but I still think KOC is the main culprit behind losing in these close games.

This is some good stuff here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmcHlQ3Dg9c

The four quarters stats back it up.

100% nails the blame correctly. I'm not advocating to fire KOC. But he should relinquish play calling duties.

The man is way too conservative with the lead.

< Message edited by Viking Rich -- 11/29/2023 10:02:52 PM >

Sam Darnold's Gonna Shock Us All
Post #: 5495
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2023 10:22:02 PM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Viking Rich

KOC plays scared with the lead. A lot of Dobbs blaming in the room, but I still think KOC is the main culprit behind losing in these close games.

This is some good stuff here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmcHlQ3Dg9c

The four quarters stats back it up.

100% nails the blame correctly. I'm not advocating to fire KOC. But he should relinquish play calling duties.

The man is way too conservative with the lead.

Also note... KOC has been head coach for only 1.5 seasons... he could learn on the job and improve.
Post #: 5496
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2023 6:51:52 AM   
Todd M

We can’t know but I’d love to know if KOC calls the same plays in the same situation if Cousins is the QB.

I don’t want my coach to have to learn to not cling to a one point lead when you force a TO in n the other teams side of the field.
Post #: 5497
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2023 7:24:22 AM   
Brad H

quote:

Ah, that makes sense.

And I could live with them sticking with Dobbs. I feel bad for him. If we kept rolling it would be the story of the year. His life. And I wanted that for him.

I think it’s going to be Mullens up though.

If the Vikings drop Dobbs, there will be a line of teams waiting to pick him up. If they drop Mullens, you'll be able to hear a pin drop.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 11/30/2023 7:27:10 AM >

Post #: 5498
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2023 7:26:01 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Viking Rich

A lot of Dobbs blaming in the room, but I still think KOC is the main culprit behind losing in these close games.

If Mullens had played last week he would have been sacked 10 times.

Post #: 5499
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2023 8:28:48 AM   
Ricky J

No Mullins, please.
If he feels he must switch go with Hall and see what you've got, especially if youre on the bubble of making the playoffs, imo
Post #: 5500
Page:   <<   < prev  218 219 [220] 221 222   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  218 219 [220] 221 222   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode