Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  219 220 [221] 222 223   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2023 8:34:12 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

We can’t know but I’d love to know if KOC calls the same plays in the same situation if Cousins is the QB.

I don’t want my coach to have to learn to not cling to a one point lead when you force a TO in n the other teams side of the field.

Boot, roll out, if a 5 yarder is open take it, if the scramble is there take it, if you get sacked, oh well, not much different than 0,1, -1
One can be aggressively safe (my oxymoron of the day)
Post #: 5501
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2023 8:45:54 AM   
Todd M

Or an end around with Addison. Stretch play with Nwangu.

Anything would have better than the turtle plays we got.

It’s going to be really hard for me getting over the HC losing games.
Post #: 5502
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2023 8:55:38 AM   
SAMiller711r

No matter what KC may be thinking, I believe he will stick with Dobbs. Team's six and six and is hanging onto a playoff spot right now. They're not bringing in an outsider. Mannion is (thankfully) gone. So that leaves Dobbs, Mullens, Hall. Mullens knows the offense but he's never taken a snap with this offense in a real game and no matter what the evaluation is on Dobbs, Mullens is mid level backup period. Does KC want to trust him to win out or almost win out to get us to the playoffs? Maybe not. Now we have Hall. 5th rounder. Showed promise, real promise I think. But in the grand scheme of things has less than 2 drives to be evaluated on. Is that enough to hand over the reigns? With the playoffs in the balance? Does KC want to role them bones right now? Perhaps. He's getting paid to make those hard decisions. Now we look at Dobbs. Been here and running things for 4 games. Not a lot. Won 2 lost 2. Both losses breath takingly close. Losses in which he bears his fair share of the blame but not all of it I think. His play has been uneven. He's had to learn on the fly and he has had to adapt. But the players seem to like him and there is just something about him that makes you think something amazing is about to happen. KC just needs to gameplan to his strengths. Given all this, Its my guess that we saddle up Josh and we ride him till we're done

O Lord save us from the fury of the Norsemen
Post #: 5503
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2023 9:08:11 AM   
Todd M

I’d be fine with Dobbs if KOC smartened up and called a better game with him.
Post #: 5504
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2023 9:47:20 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

Dobbs tried.. IMO he tried to keep looking for throws in a collapsing backfield.. he never really had a clean pocket..

His throws were off target, a lot.. throwing on the run is not his strong suit, unless it’s a designed roll out right.

Chicago took that away, Chicago out schemed on defense, the game plan that KOC drew up.

At home the ball should have been flying down the field to Addison , Powell, KJ and TJ , 70% of the time, but our OL could absolutely not pick up stunts on pass rush or blitz.

Both running backs sucked at protection pickup.

Dobbs flat out held the ball too long.

Most of his picks and even the near picks should have been throws out of bounds and regroup, plays, but he tried too hard to make something out of nothing.

Weeks 1-2, he was winging it at read one or two, then running like a punt return guy on broken field plays.

Three weeks of KOC and KFC “ QB whispering”, turned him into Josh freaking Freeman.

Now he is overthinking every play, “ running what is called “ like a drone on auto pilot, and not taking what he can get.

Just sitting on my recliner, I could see him miss open receivers underneath where he actually could have made positive yards, while trying to force the ball into real,t tight coverage or into plays wher the defense was “ baiting him” to make a throw to TJ or Addison.

That’s a combination of lousy coaching, game prep, and situational awareness.

IMO, based entirely on serious Bias, is the KOC and KFC have “QB film room” destroyed Dobbs natural abi,it’s to play intelligent football..

No coach or “ assistant QB “ coach likes a guy who is smarter than they are.

I’m just venting..

My point is that KOC has lost his shine because he has Bb’s for balls and lets teams hang around.

The Mettelus turnover should have sealed the deal..

Three gutless plays and a shitty punt later, I called game over.

No guts no glory..
no balls no babies

Eberfluse schooled O’Connell on playcalling, use of a mobile QB, and being clutch in the closing moments of the game.

O’Connell is a bigger problem, right now.

JMO.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 11/30/2023 9:48:51 AM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 5505
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2023 10:13:05 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Dobbs tried.. IMO he tried to keep looking for throws in a collapsing backfield.. he never really had a clean pocket..

His throws were off target, a lot.. throwing on the run is not his strong suit, unless it’s a designed roll out right.

Chicago took that away, Chicago out schemed on defense, the game plan that KOC drew up.

At home the ball should have been flying down the field to Addison , Powell, KJ and TJ , 70% of the time, but our OL could absolutely not pick up stunts on pass rush or blitz.

Most of his picks and even the near picks should have been throws out of bounds and regroup, plays, but he tried too hard to make something out of nothing.

Weeks 1-2, he was winging it at read one or two, then running like a punt return guy on broken field plays.

Three weeks of KOC and KFC “ QB whispering”, turned him into Josh freaking Freeman.

Now he is overthinking every play, “ running what is called “ like a drone on auto pilot, and not taking what he can get.

Just sitting on my recliner, I could see him miss open receivers underneath where he actually could have made positive yards, while trying to force the ball into real,t tight coverage or into plays wher the defense was “ baiting him” to make a throw to TJ or Addison.

IMO, based entirely on serious Bias, is the KOC and KFC have “QB film room” destroyed Dobbs natural abi,it’s to play intelligent football..

I’m just venting..

My point is that KOC has lost his shine because he has Bb’s for balls and lets teams hang around.

No guts no glory..
no balls no babies

Eberfluse schooled O’Connell on playcalling, use of a mobile QB, and being clutch in the closing moments of the game.

JMO.

everyone but o'connell knew that the game was over after the punt....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 5506
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2023 10:59:53 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

I’m just venting..

No guts no glory..
no balls no babies

JMO.

everyone but o'connell knew that the game was over after the punt....

Yup. And if he doesn't start suiting the game plan to the players strengths he won't last long. That and shrinking with the game on the line are problematic currently.
Post #: 5507
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2023 11:20:43 AM   
Ricky J

O'Connell ain't stupid. He's a pup. Im not close to counting him out - and what for, another young inexperienced coordinator thatll have to take his lumps, too, a recycled ... stop, f that!

I'm as bummed as anyone we went 0, 1, -1, p ... let's give him a chance to rebound - seriously, what choice do we have? Let it Ride!
Post #: 5508
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2023 11:23:48 AM   
Ricky J

Harry telling like it is: https://x.com/vikingsnationmn/status/1729664172604973521?s=20
Post #: 5509
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2023 11:59:27 AM   
fmaltes

I would be ok with Dobbs if he just did one thing. Please do not throw ball away when someone is hitting you. Stop doing those desperation throws to avoid a sack. That would have prevented so many problems. Again, he is a very smart guy but he keeps doing this again and again. This was an issue for Dobbs even before he got to Minnesota.
Post #: 5510
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2023 12:05:54 PM   
marty

I am excited to see ANY of the 3 QBs play with JJ and Addison.

The Vikings being undefeated without JJ had more to do with the improvements on defense with Flores, than it did with the absence of JJ.

JJ coming back 2 games sooner, could have meant a 7 game winning stretch, instead of 5-2.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5511
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2023 12:48:28 PM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: fmaltes

I would be ok with Dobbs if he just did one thing. Please do not throw ball away when someone is hitting you. Stop doing those desperation throws to avoid a sack. That would have prevented so many problems. Again, he is a very smart guy but he keeps doing this again and again. This was an issue for Dobbs even before he got to Minnesota.

Dobbs has accuracy issues too...

He consistently puts the ball behind the receiver (4th down to Hock would have been a 1st down if he leads him)
He is consistently late as well (which might be understandable as he was thrown into the offesnse)

He is a great guy to carry you for a couple games because of his athletisism... but as a starter we are seeing he is easy to defend.
Post #: 5512
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2023 1:20:47 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Harry telling like it is: https://x.com/vikingsnationmn/status/1729664172604973521?s=20

wow, love that guy...eye black dripping down his face on both sides, hair all over the place - looked like alice cooper in the '70s...all he says is - 'i gotta make a play, I gotta make a play - i'd like to play it again, to be honest'....

that's a guy that takes responsibility for what happened, no matter what it is....

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 11/30/2023 1:26:56 PM >

Post #: 5513
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2023 1:22:44 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: fmaltes

we've seen cousins do that too many times already, and he'd do it again, too....

Post #: 5514
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2023 1:26:34 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

It has to be a frustrating feeling to have your age diminish how dominant you once were...
Post #: 5515
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2023 1:55:24 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

quote:

It has to be a frustrating feeling to have your age diminish how dominant you once were...

After watching it i said to a family member, " i wish he was 10 years younger."

The comment i identified with most was re the question of whether the break is coming at a good time.
His response: "id rather play"
Yup. This loss hurts too much. Id want to get it right, too
Post #: 5516
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2023 3:35:05 PM   
marty

Denny Green thought it was VERY important to win before a bye. Teams that win before a bye, tend to win their game after the bye, I forgot what the numbers said on it.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5517
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2023 4:14:39 PM   
Ricky J

What was Denny's philosophy about taking a knee?
Post #: 5518
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2023 6:29:31 PM   
Tom Sykes

"Worth noting as Justin Jefferson returns: He's caught all but six passes in his career from Kirk Cousins." (Ben Goessling)

"So ... my six favorite grabs and then the other 354 thrown by Cousins." (JJ interpreted by Tom Sykes)
Post #: 5519
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2023 6:36:09 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Nice one.

Kinda throws a few murderous looks at the obviousness of the questions ... like, put on a uniform and then ask me that question and you'll get my honest response.
Post #: 5520
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2023 6:52:53 PM   
Tom Sykes

Not that anyone should care, its meaningless ...

Even after the CHI game, the highly touted NFL QB POWER INDEX at nfl.com has Dobbs ranked #19

Yes there's 10 INTs and 14 fumbles (!)

but shewt ... he still outranks Fields, Will Levis, Bryce Young and others.

More incontrovertible proof why we shouldn't waste picks trading up higher for risky QB prospects. NOT!

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 11/30/2023 6:53:59 PM >
Post #: 5521
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2023 8:49:08 PM   
Ricky J

The pre 2023 NFL season hype machine, especially on Twitter, trying to get people to buy in to the greatness of JFields was something else. I don't know if I've ever seen anything like it before.
Post #: 5522
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2023 9:51:17 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

The pre 2023 NFL season hype machine, especially on Twitter, trying to get people to buy in to the greatness of JFields was something else. I don't know if I've ever seen anything like it before.

I know which coach used their “shitty” QB better, in the final minutes of a game, and it’s an embarrassment.

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 5523
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2023 10:22:19 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

It’s just insane watching competent head coaches on Thursday night football just running an offense up and down the field, 5 and ten yard chunks are way more common than the 1-2 yard crap we put up with..

KOC has a fn trans continent education train to catch as far as utilization of personnel and calling plays..

It’s unreal, the difference a real coach makes.

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 5524
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2023 8:52:21 AM   
Ricky J

Current Playoff Standings

6 MN
7 Sea
8 GB

MN: lv, cinn, DET, GB, det

Sea: sf, PHI, tn, PITT, az

GB: KC, nyg, TB, car, mn, CHI
Post #: 5525
Page:   <<   < prev  219 220 [221] 222 223   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  219 220 [221] 222 223   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode