Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  226 227 [228] 229 230   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 10:28:04 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Not much different than the last 61 years, huh?
Did Fran win us a SB? How 'bout Joe?
How many of those QBs in the last 6 (or is it 7?) NFCCGs got us a Superbowl? How'd Randall do? Johnson won one else where, how'd he do here?
Name me 1 Viking QB that got us a SB.
You ain't got shit, my friend.
With Kirk I had hope, like with others. Biggest difference, listening to pure bs along the way. And why? Because Kirk believed in God. That's some of the weakest shit I've ever come across in sports. Beyond me why anyone cares what others believe in.

The biggest difference?

Boils down to the 1) normal viking fan fustrado vs. the 2) normal viking fan fustrado + Cousins fanboy fustrado.

What a double whammo #2 is.

That's some severe gluttony for punishment there. Must be a personality flaw to actually enjoy trampled expectations.

'Because Kirk believed in God'? Nonsense. That's just a false label that you stick on people to make them seem more offensive. Nobody cares what he believes ... people will always care about how someone else pushes their beliefs at them.

So Cousins calls up Danno and tells him about how Jesus loves him.
Post #: 5676
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 10:39:06 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

How many of those QBs in the last 6 (or is it 7?) NFCCGs got us a Superbowl? How'd Randall do? Johnson won one else where, how'd he do here?
With Kirk I had hope, like with others. Biggest difference, listening to pure bs along the way. And why? Because Kirk believed in God. That's some of the weakest shit I've ever come across in sports. Beyond me why anyone cares what others believe in.

The biggest difference?

Boils down to the 1) normal viking fan fustrado vs. the 2) normal viking fan fustrado + Cousins fanboy fustrado.

That's some severe gluttony for punishment there. Must be a personality flaw to actually enjoy trampled expectations.

'Because Kirk believed in God'? Nonsense. That's just a false label that you stick on people to make them seem more offensive. Nobody cares what he believes ... people will always care about how someone else pushes their beliefs at them.

Post #: 5677
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 10:42:23 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

I hope we don't go with Mullens for the remainder. That would be a boring ending to the season imo.
Post #: 5678
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 10:58:30 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

I hope we don't go with Mullens for the remainder. That would be a boring ending to the season imo.

I can't remember where I read it but someone said we are leaning towards Dobbs for Vegas game.
Post #: 5679
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 11:00:25 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

I can't remember where I read it but someone said we are leaning towards Dobbs for Vegas game.

I'm good with that. If we play our way out of contention I'm good with Hall getting reps. I don't see the point of Mullens unless we get a rash of injuries.
Post #: 5680
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 11:00:58 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

I agree.

Regardless, it may give some clarification or at least a hint of where the regime's head is at ...

IMO ...

Mullens was traded for and has been their main backup ... they believe in him on some level since he wasn't replaced this year. Unfortunately, I think some coaches put execution of their system above talent and potential.

Hall was their hand-picked project ... if they plug him in it would seem to indicate he is farther along in their mind than maybe anticipated.

Dobbs was traded for and has flashed a little bit ... I assume if he starts we still like his cieling ... if Hall or Mullens starts I assume he is now in project mode.
Post #: 5681
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 11:09:56 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

I agree.

Regardless, it may give some clarification or at least a hint of where the regime's head is at ...

IMO ...

Mullens was traded for and has been their main backup ... they believe in him on some level since he wasn't replaced this year. Unfortunately, I think some coaches put execution of their system above talent and potential.

Hall was their hand-picked project ... if they plug him in it would seem to indicate he is farther along in their mind than maybe anticipated.

Dobbs was traded for and has flashed a little bit ... I assume if he starts we still like his cieling ... if Hall or Mullens starts I assume he is now in project mode.

Good post!
Post #: 5682
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 11:24:55 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

The biggest difference?

Right ... I get that.

Like I think Cousins is streaming evangelical programming during football game commercial breaks.

Wrong. Intentional or unintentional, if you're a celebrity athlete, what you say in public is part of your public persona ... regardless if you are talking about missing a throw after a game or talking about the Egyptians coming up behind you and God parting the Red Sea so you can sign a one year contract with my team.

Sorry. That's just the way it works for people who make their living in the spotlight.

Do I think Cousins is an attention whore who brings this criticism on himself? Not at all.

Aside from gutting my team's financial situation and not being built for a high-pressure playoff run, he seems like an okay guy.
Post #: 5683
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 11:36:43 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

I think there's a bit of revisionist history going on with KC's and his vaccine status. I know a lot of us were pissed that he wouldn't get it but it had nothing to do with his thoughts on it/religion ect. It was that the league put a mandate on it and he said "no" and had to miss a very critical game (that we ended up losing) because of it. He could have been a leader and take it for the team but didn't. He was putting his beliefs over the team goals.

Some admired that and others thought it was selfish.

BINGO!
Post #: 5684
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 11:40:20 AM   
marty

He’s [Dobbs] a different animal and O’Connell is the perfect coach to adapt to that.

I hope you're right, so far KOC seems quite slow to adapt.

< Message edited by marty -- 12/6/2023 11:47:35 AM >

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5685
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 11:42:46 AM   
marty

Dobbs and Mullens have established themselves as not great passers, that turn the ball over a lot.

Had I known Mullens was such a turnover machine, I wouldn't have advocated for him as a backup.

I would rather go with Jeron Hall, at least the unknown has a possibility of being a better passer, and or not a turnover machine.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5686
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 11:43:51 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

I agree.

IMO ...

Absolutely. Because it's super difficult to change systems during the season.

Yes, technically Dobbs was traded but it's most minimal trade there is to avoid an outright release/waive. The Vikings would acquire him and a conditional seven-round pick in the 2024 draft for a 2024 sixth-round pick. The conditional pick can become a sixth-round selection based on Dobbs' playing time, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.
Post #: 5687
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 11:45:39 AM   
marty

I read somewhere that the Vikings are likely to go with Dobbs for the Vegas game, I prefer Hall.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5688
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 12:11:19 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The biggest difference?

Right ... I get that.

Like I think Cousins is streaming evangelical programming during football game commercial breaks.

Wrong. Intentional or unintentional, if you're a celebrity athlete, what you say in public is part of your public persona ... regardless if you are talking about missing a throw after a game or talking about the Egyptians coming up behind you and God parting the Red Sea so you can sign a one year contract with my team.

Sorry. That's just the way it works for people who make their living in the spotlight.

Do I think Cousins is an attention whore who brings this criticism on himself? Not at all.

Aside from gutting my team's financial situation and not being built for a high-pressure playoff run, he seems like an okay guy.

God wanted a one-year contract then poof... the first ever 100% guaranteed contract, multi-year deals, and no-trade clauses. His learning curve is nothing short of miraculous.
Post #: 5689
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 12:26:44 PM   
Mark Anderson

It's officially Dobbs.
Post #: 5690
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 12:38:04 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

It's officially Dobbs.

Yes, baby - all the way….

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 5691
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 12:45:42 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

I hope Hall gets some time as well with the ones..

Especially if Dobbs starts turning it over like a charity case.

I do not EVER want to Mullins/ cousins clone take snaps..

He might as well change his uniform # to 8..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 5692
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 12:52:17 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

I hope that O’Connell gives dobbs a better O’Connell….

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 5693
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 1:08:37 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

I hope that O’Connell gives dobbs a better O’Connell….

Yea, that goes without saying… save the cutie trickeration for when the defense is on its heals after a big gain.. not try to get a first down on third and short..by being cute..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 5694
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 3:29:02 PM   
marty

I think Dobbs is probably a waste of time, because he isn't a good enough passer, and he can be too impulsive.

But I trust that KOC's judgement is better than mine, it likely is. I did like Dobb's quickness, and his ability to sometimes get away from defenders.

Maybe Dobb's becomes a much better passer, being in a good system, and having JJ could also help quite a bit.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5695
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 4:03:50 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Don't look now but the Minnesota Vikings, fresh off back-to-back losses, are just a game out from the 12th overall draft pick. https://www.tankathon.com/nfl
Post #: 5696
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/7/2023 7:33:37 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

I think there's a bit of revisionist history going on with KC's and his vaccine status. I know a lot of us were pissed that he wouldn't get it but it had nothing to do with his thoughts on it/religion ect. It was that the league put a mandate on it and he said "no" and had to miss a very critical game (that we ended up losing) because of it. He could have been a leader and take it for the team but didn't. He was putting his beliefs over the team goals.

Some admired that and others thought it was selfish.

BINGO!

He got COVID...(which the shot wasn't going to prevent). Also very weird that everyone jumped on Cousins but said very little about Arog who lied and didn't say anything about Harry and others who also didn't get the shot.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 12/7/2023 7:38:48 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 5697
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/7/2023 7:34:43 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

You seriously think Mullens would have 16 passing TDs in 6 2/3 games?

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 5698
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/7/2023 8:20:15 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Don't look now but the Minnesota Vikings, fresh off back-to-back losses, are just a game out from the 12th overall draft pick. https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

I sure wasn't impressed with the Michigan QB last Saturday. A lot of people were high on him. Looked damn average but I guess Tom Brady never looked that great in college either.
Post #: 5699
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/7/2023 10:17:53 AM  1 votes
Ricky J

quote:

It way different..

The vikes made 4 Super Bowl.. none with cousins..

The vikes made multiple NFCCG, none with cousins..

The Vikings have won multiple division titles.. 1 with cousins..

The Vikings have won multiple playoff games advancing past the first or second round.. 1 with cousins..

The Vikings have paid hundreds of millions of dollars to Cousins.. for 1 division title and one playoff win…

Real value there..

His false Christian hypocrisy and idiotic stance against the Covid vaccination and the spread of it by himself, shows a level of stupid, thAt is just intolerable.

You and other Stan’s might be happy with a mediocre money pit.. I’m more than happy to kiss his sorry ass goodbye and move the **** on..

KOC and KFC are cut from the same cloth, apparently, mediocre, no balls, play it safe, and “pray” they don’t get out played or out coached in a game and squeak out a play not to lose, pad my stats win..

FTFTSATH..

GO THE **** AWAY, KIRK..

AND if his absence, exposes the weakness of KOC, a a coach, then KOC can hit the road as well. He is light years better than Zimmer, but stupid as ****, calling a game..

Grant, Burns and Green, were the only Vikings coaches who earned a modicum of my respect, and Green chopped himself off at the knees in the 98 NFCCG, because HTAFK, with 30 seconds on the clock and Randy Moss in his prime.

If we resign KFC after he blew an Achilles Tendon.. I might just disappear, like Art Forte did when the Purple let Butt Favrey wear a Vikings uniform..

That was blasphemy..

Cousins is a neverwill be and it’s well past time to cut bait on his cap sucking ass.

Nope. They didn't win a SB. Got their asses rolled everytime. Joke

How many NFCGGs have they lost in a row now?

Wtf do you know about his Christian faith? What's the real problem, Dan? Did you ask for things you didn't get so now the whole God , Jesus thing is a joke?

Kirk didn't get the shot. Good for him. Good for Rodgers. Good for everyone else that said "F you!"

When you call me Sans I want to throw a fork-full of my hashbrowns at you

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 12/7/2023 10:49:43 AM >
Post #: 5700
Page:   <<   < prev  226 227 [228] 229 230   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  226 227 [228] 229 230   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode