Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  227 228 [229] 230 231   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/7/2023 10:57:17 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

It way different..

The vikes made 4 Super Bowl.. none with cousins..

The vikes made multiple NFCCG, none with cousins..

The Vikings have won multiple division titles.. 1 with cousins..

The Vikings have won multiple playoff games advancing past the first or second round.. 1 with cousins..

The Vikings have paid hundreds of millions of dollars to Cousins.. for 1 division title and one playoff win…

Real value there..

His false Christian hypocrisy and idiotic stance against the Covid vaccination and the spread of it by himself, shows a level of stupid, thAt is just intolerable.

You and other Stan’s might be happy with a mediocre money pit.. I’m more than happy to kiss his sorry ass goodbye and move the **** on..

KOC and KFC are cut from the same cloth, apparently, mediocre, no balls, play it safe, and “pray” they don’t get out played or out coached in a game and squeak out a play not to lose, pad my stats win..

FTFTSATH..

GO THE **** AWAY, KIRK..

AND if his absence, exposes the weakness of KOC, a a coach, then KOC can hit the road as well. He is light years better than Zimmer, but stupid as ****, calling a game..

Grant, Burns and Green, were the only Vikings coaches who earned a modicum of my respect, and Green chopped himself off at the knees in the 98 NFCCG, because HTAFK, with 30 seconds on the clock and Randy Moss in his prime.

If we resign KFC after he blew an Achilles Tendon.. I might just disappear, like Art Forte did when the Purple let Butt Favrey wear a Vikings uniform..

That was blasphemy..

Cousins is a neverwill be and it’s well past time to cut bait on his cap sucking ass.

Nope. They didn't win a SB. Got their asses rolled everytime. Joke

How many NFCGGs have they lost in a row now?

Wtf do you know about his Christian faith? What's the real problem, Dan? Did you ask for things you didn't get so now the whole God , Jesus thing is a joke?

Kirk didn't get the shot. Good for him. Good for Rodgers. Good for everyone else that said "F you!"

When you call me Sans I want to throw a fork-full of my hashbrowns at you

What does "Joke" mean?
Post #: 5701
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/7/2023 12:07:26 PM   
Ricky J

I was glad to see Dobbs getting the start

I was disappointed to see, as I just checked, Mullens listed as #2, Hall at #3.
Post #: 5702
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/7/2023 12:08:38 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Don't look now but the Minnesota Vikings, fresh off back-to-back losses, are just a game out from the 12th overall draft pick. https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

I sure wasn't impressed with the Michigan QB last Saturday. A lot of people were high on him. Looked damn average but I guess Tom Brady never looked that great in college either.

I don't get the infatuation either. Looks plain ordinary to me. If we do get him I'm encouraged that others think he's all that. No matter who we get I'd love for once to have a young stud qb that we drafted.

< Message edited by Richard Neussendorfer -- 12/7/2023 12:11:50 PM >
Post #: 5703
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/7/2023 12:52:09 PM   
fmaltes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

Don't look now but the Minnesota Vikings, fresh off back-to-back losses, are just a game out from the 12th overall draft pick. https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

I sure wasn't impressed with the Michigan QB last Saturday. A lot of people were high on him. Looked damn average but I guess Tom Brady never looked that great in college either.

I don't get the infatuation either. Looks plain ordinary to me. If we do get him I'm encouraged that others think he's all that. No matter who we get I'd love for once to have a young stud qb that we drafted.

I have watched every Michigan game this year and most of last year's games. I really like him as a low first round pick and would prefer him to Nix who I have also seen all his games this year. Very quick release, very accurate and makes his reads quickly. My issue is if the choice is between him or one of the stud CBs.
Post #: 5704
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/7/2023 12:53:22 PM   
fmaltes

Dobbs will help us win if KOC provides more run/pass options for him and if Dobbs simply does not try to make last minute throws to avoid a sack.
Post #: 5705
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/7/2023 12:55:01 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: fmaltes

quote:

quote:

quote:

I have watched every Michigan game this year and most of last year's games. I really like him as a low first round pick and would prefer him to Nix who I have also seen all his games this year. Very quick release, very accurate and makes his reads quickly. My issue is if the choice is between him or one of the stud CBs.

I think if you believe he has a legit shot at being a franchise QB, you take him over a CB every time.
Post #: 5706
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/7/2023 1:36:55 PM   
Jeff Jesser

I think he meant "stud QB's".

I agree too. I've seen a couple games (albeit not too many. maybe 3-ish.) he didn't impress me much with his arm. Seems like a very athletic dude though. I'm guessing the gameplan for the ones I saw was run first and mostly. He just handed it off and took easy check down type throws. That's why I'm a big WU guy (too many 3 YO mentalities around here to use him name )

Penix will sling it down field and has as much athletic talent.
Post #: 5707
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/7/2023 1:46:33 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

I think he meant "stud QB's".

I agree too. I've seen a couple games (albeit not too many. maybe 3-ish.) he didn't impress me much with his arm. Seems like a very athletic dude though. I'm guessing the gameplan for the ones I saw was run first and mostly. He just handed it off and took easy check down type throws. That's why I'm a big WU guy (too many 3 YO mentalities around here to use him name )

Penix will sling it down field and has as much athletic talent.

Unfortunately you can't sling it when on IR...
Post #: 5708
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/7/2023 4:14:17 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Yeap. That's the big concern. Would take him if he fell anywhere out of the top 10? Say we draft around 15.
Post #: 5709
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/7/2023 4:15:31 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

So Reddit seems to have floated some fantasy that KAM and KOC want to a rework of cousins for 3 years @ $40 mill per.. fully guaranteed…

To take three more shots..

And I thought some of you were KFC Stan fanboys…

The comments are from people who have no idea how cap money works, the need to sign other players with the money under tha cap,
Like oh.. say.. JJ and others coming in up ..

I wish.. KFC would just announce he wants exactly that so I can storm The bank and demand my own robbery on my terms…

JFC.

And for Gods sake, do not sign any more “ damaged goods”.. rookie or otherwise…

Looking DIRECTLY AT YOU, KFC…

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 12/7/2023 5:15:04 PM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 5710
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/8/2023 1:12:57 AM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

If Cousins wants to win a SB his best chance has to be here in MN.

How bad does he want win one?

If I had more money than God I'd take a heck of a cut to stay put - which is easy to say sitting at home in my easy chair.

I'm as interested as anyone what he'll have to have to sign in MN

Yup. Its easy for us to say we'd take less because none of us have ever had the kind of money he does.

But the thing I've found dealing with really wealthy people is most of them are super driven (obsessed even) to keep making more and more. There is no such thing as enough.

Cousins seems as "normal" as possible for a QB based on the Netflix show. He doesn't have a particularly fancy house. They don't drive really expensive cars or dress fancy. But he's been as mercenary as anyone ever in the NFL when it comes to his contracts.

I admire your ability to say it nicely. I'm not at all being sarcastic. There is a money problem in this country. Some people don't have any. Rich people never have enough. It's a sickness.

Cousins and his agent (McCartney?) have indeed gotten the best of NFL GM's for his entire career. I'd like the Vikings to move on, but I'm not shedding tears for any NFL owner or GM getting fleeced by a player. I just wish it wasn't the Vikings that he's doing it to.

How much did we pay Favre for his second year? Bradford? We have a history of this type of shit. We just don't seem to be able to draft or evaluate QB talent. I have always questioned our ability to coach up a QB, regardless of who is in charge.

Seems like we are just bad at QB's. That sucks.

Don't get me wrong, we are still suffering from the mistakes of Spielman....using a 2nd and 3rd on back up, mediocre at best, RB's and TE's. Irv Smith is probably the fourth best TE on his team right now. Sure, Mattison runs hard, so does Najee Harris. The bar should be higher.

I hope we have a plan for the future that doesn't consist of Cousins, Dobbs or Mullens.
Post #: 5711
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/8/2023 4:20:29 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

So Reddit seems to have floated some fantasy that KAM and KOC want to a rework of cousins for 3 years @ $40 mill per.. fully guaranteed…

To take three more shots..

And I thought some of you were KFC Stan fanboys…

The comments are from people who have no idea how cap money works, the need to sign other players with the money under tha cap,
Like oh.. say.. JJ and others coming in up ..

I wish.. KFC would just announce he wants exactly that so I can storm The bank and demand my own robbery on my terms…

JFC.

And for Gods sake, do not sign any more “ damaged goods”.. rookie or otherwise…

Looking DIRECTLY AT YOU, KFC…

there are those who only see cousins as the way he played in his last couple of games...they no longer consider all of the faults that exist in his mind, the fear, lack of leadership, the 'employee', the poor passing decisions he made tossing the ball out there when foot stepped on or passing/laterals back to running backs in the flat - those fumbles, frequent checking down short of the sticks....

cousins peaked those last few games when our o-line also peaked - all things being perfect, cousins is a pretty good quarterback, but he's unreliable in high-pressure spots, and that's when true leadership shows itself....

i wish I could just fast-forward my life 3-4 years and skip the next cousins' saga...o'connell and our front office are just embracing the mistakes that pre-existed them and going with that...they probably prefer the wilfs to promote another cousins' deal and keep their own decision making slate clean....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 5712
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/8/2023 7:59:21 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

quote:

If I had more money than God I'd take a heck of a cut to stay put - which is easy to say sitting at home in my easy chair.

Yup. Its easy for us to say we'd take less because none of us have ever had the kind of money he does.

But the thing I've found dealing with really wealthy people is most of them are super driven (obsessed even) to keep making more and more. There is no such thing as enough.

Cousins seems as "normal" as possible for a QB based on the Netflix show. He doesn't have a particularly fancy house. They don't drive really expensive cars or dress fancy. But he's been as mercenary as anyone ever in the NFL when it comes to his contracts.

I admire your ability to say it nicely. I'm not at all being sarcastic. There is a money problem in this country. Some people don't have any. Rich people never have enough. It's a sickness.

Cousins and his agent (McCartney?) have indeed gotten the best of NFL GM's for his entire career. I'd like the Vikings to move on, but I'm not shedding tears for any NFL owner or GM getting fleeced by a player. I just wish it wasn't the Vikings that he's doing it to.

How much did we pay Favre for his second year? Bradford? We have a history of this type of shit. We just don't seem to be able to draft or evaluate QB talent. I have always questioned our ability to coach up a QB, regardless of who is in charge.

Don't get me wrong, we are still suffering from the mistakes of Spielman....using a 2nd and 3rd on back up, mediocre at best, RB's and TE's. Irv Smith is probably the fourth best TE on his team right now. Sure, Mattison runs hard, so does Najee Harris. The bar should be higher.

I hope we have a plan for the future that doesn't consist of Cousins, Dobbs or Mullens.

Cousins will be 36 next season, and coming off an Achilles. It's a young man's game. Short of a significant pay cut, let him find his way in the world with the nearly $142-million he has made as a quarterback. With the money the Vikings have paid him, we could feed the homeless in this country for a couple of years.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 12/8/2023 8:00:47 AM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 5713
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/8/2023 8:14:40 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

Cousins will be 36 next season, and coming off an Achilles. It's a young man's game. Short of a significant pay cut, let him find his way in the world with the nearly $142-million he has made as a quarterback. With the money the Vikings have paid him, we could feed the homeless in this country for a couple of years.

You could feed a homeless person for a couple years off 250 bucks?
Post #: 5714
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/8/2023 8:22:02 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You get the point. No need to trivialize the number.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 12/8/2023 8:29:34 AM >

Post #: 5715
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/8/2023 8:31:03 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I honestly don't know what it costs to feed a homeless person per year. I was going to be quite impressed that it was that low.
Post #: 5716
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/8/2023 8:40:33 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I honestly don't know what it costs to feed a homeless person per year. I was going to be quite impressed that it was that low.

Seems like a good time to do some homework and get involved. It's the holidays. Spread the wealth and help the needy.

Actually, Cousins has made over $230-million playing quarterback in the NFL.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 12/8/2023 8:44:31 AM >

Post #: 5717
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/8/2023 8:43:39 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Seems like a good time to do some homework and get involved. It's the holidays. Spread the wealth and get involved in helping the needy.

Seriously? You don't know what I do or don't do. Just because I don't know long term numbers on what it costs. Pretty dumb statement. Merry
Christmas though!
Post #: 5718
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/8/2023 8:49:42 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Seems like a good time to do some homework and get involved. It's the holidays. Spread the wealth and get involved in helping the needy.

Seriously? You don't know what I do or don't do. Just because I don't know long term numbers on what it costs. Pretty dumb statement. Merry
Christmas though!

Here's a good place to start that is close to home.

https://letsthrivenm.org/

Post #: 5719
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/8/2023 8:51:38 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Christmas though!

Here's a good place to start that is close to home.

https://letsthrivenm.org/

Just because you make a foolish statement. By the way those are some good places to help.

< Message edited by Richard Neussendorfer -- 12/8/2023 9:00:10 AM >
Post #: 5720
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/8/2023 10:18:57 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Moving on to the Vikings, "Since I got hurt the new goal is 1,000 yards,” Jefferson said, via Kevin Seifert of ESPN.com. “I want to end every single year over 1,000 yards. . . . It's been hard to adjust those goals honestly."
Post #: 5721
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/8/2023 10:20:25 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

Moving on to the Vikings, "Since I got hurt the new goal is 1,000 yards,” Jefferson said, via Kevin Seifert of ESPN.com. “I want to end every single year over 1,000 yards. . . . It's been hard to adjust those goals honestly."

I'm glad his goal is yards and not touchdowns.
Post #: 5722
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/8/2023 10:23:31 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Wonder what Let's Get Paid thinks of Jefferson's new goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUj1HSbOYUE
Post #: 5723
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/8/2023 10:34:45 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

Get the yards, the Touchdowns will come

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5724
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/8/2023 10:43:39 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

Get the yards, the Touchdowns will come

With Jefferson, that’s been surprisingly not true.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 5725
Page:   <<   < prev  227 228 [229] 230 231   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  227 228 [229] 230 231   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode