Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  225 226 [227] 228 229   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/5/2023 5:52:58 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

If Cousins wants to win a SB his best chance has to be here in MN.

How bad does he want win one?

If I had more money than God I'd take a heck of a cut to stay put - which is easy to say sitting at home in my easy chair.

I'm as interested as anyone what he'll have to have to sign in MN

Yup. Its easy for us to say we'd take less because none of us have ever had the kind of money he does.

But the thing I've found dealing with really wealthy people is most of them are super driven (obsessed even) to keep making more and more. There is no such thing as enough.

Cousins seems as "normal" as possible for a QB based on the Netflix show. He doesn't have a particularly fancy house. They don't drive really expensive cars or dress fancy. But he's been as mercenary as anyone ever in the NFL when it comes to his contracts.

Yea he is a greed driven asshat who is NOT WORTH MILLIONS..

I don’t want those him signed for a dollar, let alone millions.. he is getting 28 million regardless, from the Vikings for the 2024-2025 season just to sit in a therapy room and milk it.

Let some other “ desperate team” convince his ego that he is the “ONE”, rather than the not good enough that he is.

FFS How many “ almost Google” seasons or choke jobs in the playoffs can you continue to eat?

I’m done.

FKFC, go coach at BYU or Covid denier university…

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 5651
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/5/2023 6:18:33 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: fmaltes

They are unknown to us, but I don't think it is unknown to the front office. They have a plan and they certainly do not need to let the public know what is the plan. That will be evident in their actions after the season. I think they will try to sign Cousins, JJ and Hunter. I also think they will restructure O'Neill as well. That is my unsubstantiated guess. However, I do think we will see a clear plan emerge to us in the off season. You can criticize Kwesi all you want, but one thing he is not is dumb.

At best, all they have is a plan. More like a cross between a wish list and a vague blueprint. A plan that will immediately be affected on hour one of the legal tampering period.

They do not know how any Vikings free agents will respond to any other offers, they do not know what FAs will be available, they do not know if any offer they make to any FA will be accepted, they do not know whether anyone in the draft they like will be available in the round they are projected to go in.

Like Mike Tyson said, everyone has a plan until they get hit.

Once 31 other teams engage, the plan goes out the window. And right now they have $50+ million in dead cap to deal with (which could get reshuffled if they resign certain players).

The Plan almost has to be low salary QB and then see if you can get Hunter, JJ and Darrisaw signed to contracts that don't cripple you going forward.

It might end up being signing JJ and Wonnum and wait for the next year for Darrisaw.

Or maybe trade O'Neil and sign Hunter.

Agree.

absolutely no, to cousins - eat the $28mm dead cap in '24....

i'm not done with dobbs yet...a 'better o'connell' and dobbs could still work (for one year?)....

trade o'neill, cut harry, restructure jj, sign hunter, do darrisaw in '25 - and we're still $50mm under the cap in 2024....

sign dobbs, draft qb 1st round, sign dt, draft dt 2nd round, sign guard, draft rt 3rd round....

other possible cuts: bradbury $5.7mm, murphy $5mm....

i'm not done with Dobbs either.
but I think it's a damn shame Cousins couldnt play this one out.
and Dan and the rest of you who disagree I'll ignore your rants hammering your opinions home ;)
Post #: 5652
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/5/2023 6:24:46 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Just like we ignore the fantasy that “ one more KFC contact”… will get a Super Bowl, even though he can’t even win a playoff game with massive talent all around him…

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 5653
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/5/2023 7:46:50 PM   
Ricky J

Not much different than the last 61 years, huh?
Did Fran win us a SB? How 'bout Joe?
How many of those QBs in the last 6 (or is it 7?) NFCCGs got us a Superbowl? How'd Randall do? Johnson won one else where, how'd he do here?
Name me 1 Viking QB that got us a SB.
You ain't got shit, my friend.
With Kirk I had hope, like with others. Biggest difference, listening to pure bs along the way. And why? Because Kirk believed in God. That's some of the weakest shit I've ever come across in sports. Beyond me why anyone cares what others believe in.
Post #: 5654
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/5/2023 8:24:32 PM   
Todd M

It’s that he’s SUPER religious AND never got us close to a SB.

You think if he got us a Three-peat, hell even one SB we’d want him run out bc he’s religious?

Find your voice lest the devil find your ear.

~Todd Mallett
Post #: 5655
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/5/2023 8:27:54 PM   
Todd M

It sucks that they’re all above avg in religious faith. I’d love if we got one that was outspoken wrt not believing. A idgas bad boy.

If he had Cousins record of failure I’d bash him though.

Find your voice lest the devil find your ear.

~Todd Mallett
Post #: 5656
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/5/2023 8:51:47 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

What's the covid denier stuff all about? I don't live in the Midwest these days so I'm sure I missed it.
Post #: 5657
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/5/2023 9:20:23 PM   
David Levine

quote:

How many of those QBs in the last 6 (or is it 7?) NFCCGs got us a Superbowl? How'd Randall do? Johnson won one else where, how'd he do here?
With Kirk I had hope, like with others. Biggest difference, listening to pure bs along the way. And why? Because Kirk believed in God. That's some of the weakest shit I've ever come across in sports. Beyond me why anyone cares what others believe in.

How far did ALL those other guys get?

How many Playoff games has Kirk won in 12 years?
Post #: 5658
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/5/2023 10:20:55 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

How far did ALL those other guys get?

How many Playoff games has Kirk won in 12 years?

I can't help but make the Cousins/Matt Ryan comparison. Ryan was a coach/cap killer, but he did get them in the Super Bowl. That's not nothing.
Post #: 5659
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/5/2023 10:33:38 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

What's the covid denier stuff all about? I don't live in the Midwest these days so I'm sure I missed it.

Cousins wasn't a bobble headed sheep.

You can't catch it with shot. NOPE
You can't give it to anyone else with shot. NOPE
You won't die from covid with the shot. NOPE
Pandemic of the unvaccinated. NOPE

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 12/5/2023 10:36:23 PM >
Post #: 5660
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/5/2023 11:29:30 PM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

Cousins wasn't a bobble headed sheep.

You can't catch it with shot. NOPE
You can't give it to anyone else with shot. NOPE
You won't die from covid with the shot. NOPE
Pandemic of the unvaccinated. NOPE

But it is safe and effective.
Post #: 5661
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/5/2023 11:40:46 PM   
Jeff Allen

Argument to bring Cousins back simply will come down to money. I don't think they can afford him or any vet. I think they need to roll the dice on a 1st round QB and try and get lucky. I am not sure there are any other options.
Post #: 5662
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 2:07:53 AM  3 votes
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

It way different..

The vikes made 4 Super Bowl.. none with cousins..

The vikes made multiple NFCCG, none with cousins..

The Vikings have won multiple division titles.. 1 with cousins..

The Vikings have won multiple playoff games advancing past the first or second round.. 1 with cousins..

The Vikings have paid hundreds of millions of dollars to Cousins.. for 1 division title and one playoff win…

Real value there..

His false Christian hypocrisy and idiotic stance against the Covid vaccination and the spread of it by himself, shows a level of stupid, thAt is just intolerable.

You and other Stan’s might be happy with a mediocre money pit.. I’m more than happy to kiss his sorry ass goodbye and move the **** on..

KOC and KFC are cut from the same cloth, apparently, mediocre, no balls, play it safe, and “pray” they don’t get out played or out coached in a game and squeak out a play not to lose, pad my stats win..

FTFTSATH..

GO THE **** AWAY, KIRK..

AND if his absence, exposes the weakness of KOC, a a coach, then KOC can hit the road as well. He is light years better than Zimmer, but stupid as ****, calling a game..

Grant, Burns and Green, were the only Vikings coaches who earned a modicum of my respect, and Green chopped himself off at the knees in the 98 NFCCG, because HTAFK, with 30 seconds on the clock and Randy Moss in his prime.

If we resign KFC after he blew an Achilles Tendon.. I might just disappear, like Art Forte did when the Purple let Butt Favrey wear a Vikings uniform..

That was blasphemy..

Cousins is a neverwill be and it’s well past time to cut bait on his cap sucking ass.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 12/6/2023 2:12:24 AM >

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 5663
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 7:33:50 AM   
marty

Mark, did you go to Covid Denier University? Lol 😂

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5664
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 7:38:20 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

So if you didn't get the shot you're a covid denier?? I thought maybe Kirk was a flat earther type and didn't think it actually existed.
Post #: 5665
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 7:54:44 AM   
Brad H

quote:

If Cousins wants to win a SB his best chance has to be here in MN.

Three of those words do not go together. Hint, they are bolded.

Precisely. If Cousins wants to win a Super Bowl he should become a backup for Patrick Mahomes, Jalen Hurts, Joe Burrow, Brock Purdy or any other quarterback worth hitching a ride to. It's the only way he's ever getting a ring.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 12/6/2023 7:56:26 AM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 5666
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 8:13:41 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

You have the audacity to use those QBs to justify Cousins' ineptness and futility? Gus Frerotte and his sterling 1-3 playoff record is a MUCH better comparison.

It's a damn shame Cousins couldn't play this out? No, it's a damn shame Cousins choked and threw short of the sticks the last time he played it out.
Post #: 5667
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 9:03:28 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

I'm not a covid denier at all. It was and still is a serious problem.

Just like to point out all the past falsehoods about the covid shot. As of right now, 82% of the country figured it out and aren't going with the new boosters.
Post #: 5668
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 9:26:27 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Eh, why bother type delete.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 12/6/2023 9:49:53 AM >
Post #: 5669
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 9:50:48 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just like to point out all the past falsehoods about the covid shot. As of right now, 82% of the country figured it out and aren't going with the new boosters.

While Fauci and others did sometimes use poor word choices (and that is no doubt important), the falsehoods were more blatantly perpetuated on Facebook by armchair doctors and the like. The key attribute is the vaccine helped/helps lessen the probability of having to go into an ICU or dying. This was verified after the vaccine was established within the populace in that the overwhelming majority of people dying were those who did not take the vaccine.

82% not boosting... to be expected since COVID has mutated to a less lethal virus.

I'm not disputing anything you are saying.

You didn't address any of the things I wrote in my 1st post. The lies about the shot helped spread covid more than any unvaccinated person did. You get the shot, you won't get it or spread it. People ate that up and didn't take precautions. Then they got it and spread it.
Post #: 5670
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 9:54:00 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

While Fauci and others did sometimes use poor word choices (and that is no doubt important), the falsehoods were more blatantly perpetuated on Facebook by armchair doctors and the like. The key attribute is the vaccine helped/helps lessen the probability of having to go into an ICU or dying. This was verified after the vaccine was established within the populace in that the overwhelming majority of people dying were those who did not take the vaccine.

82% not boosting... to be expected since COVID has mutated to a less lethal virus.

You didn't address any of the things I wrote in my 1st post. The lies about the shot helped spread covid more than any unvaccinated person did. You get the shot, you won't get it or spread it. People ate that up and didn't take precautions. Then they got it and spread it.

People didn't listen carefully enough. They said from the start that the Vaccine would NOT stop infection or spread of the virus. But it would lessen symptoms.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5671
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 9:57:13 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

People didn't listen carefully enough. They said from the start that the Vaccine would NOT stop infection or spread of the virus. But it would lessen symptoms.

Our current President said you wouldn't get it or spread it(with shot) 2 years into the Pandemic.

Anyway, this is Vikings talk. I'll agree to disagree on it and be done.

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 12/6/2023 10:24:07 AM >
Post #: 5672
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 9:57:16 AM   
Karl Juhnke

What’s the word on starting QB? Do we find out today?

My view, after the Bears game I was sure Mullens would be next up. Now I’m not so sure. I think they’ll stick with Dobbs. Not only that, I think they should stick with Dobbs.

My reason is, O’Connell and the timing with the bye. O’Connell further enhanced his reputation as the quarterback whisperer in Dobbs’ first game. Now after getting a look at what Dobbs does really well, and doesn’t do well…and has caused him to become a QB vagabond, and having two weeks to break it down and scheme, I think that rather than give up on him, they will quit trying to make him something he isn’t and game plan around the things he does well. He is NOT a plug and play Kirk Cousins substitute in any way shape or form, so stop trying to make him one. He’s a different animal and O’Connell is the perfect coach to adapt to that.

I think the upside to that approach is greater than the comfortable loafer approach of Mullens.

With one caveat. If The Vikings lose AND JJ has a sub par game, Dobbs is out. Any Vikings QB going forward has to demonstrate the ability to utilize Jeffererson, or they will be out.

< Message edited by Karl Juhnke -- 12/6/2023 9:58:20 AM >
Post #: 5673
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 10:01:52 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

The biggest difference?

Boils down to the 1) normal viking fan fustrado vs. the 2) normal viking fan fustrado + Cousins fanboy fustrado.

What a double whammo #2 is.

That's some severe gluttony for punishment there. Must be a personality flaw to actually enjoy trampled expectations.

'Because Kirk believed in God'? Nonsense. That's just a false label that you stick on people to make them seem more offensive. Nobody cares what he believes ... people will always care about how someone else pushes their beliefs at them.
Post #: 5674
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2023 10:05:50 AM   
Jeff Jesser

I think there's a bit of revisionist history going on with KC's and his vaccine status. I know a lot of us were pissed that he wouldn't get it but it had nothing to do with his thoughts on it/religion ect. It was that the league put a mandate on it and he said "no" and had to miss a very critical game (that we ended up losing) because of it. He could have been a leader and take it for the team but didn't. He was putting his beliefs over the team goals.

Some admired that and others thought it was selfish.
Post #: 5675
Page:   <<   < prev  225 226 [227] 228 229   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  225 226 [227] 228 229   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode