Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  274 275 [276] 277 278   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2024 9:40:55 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

If you can put together a package that the Bears accept for the #1 pick (maybe it includes JJ), do you take Caleb Williams, Jayden Daniels, or another QB ?

If we go the route of trading JJ...at all...which I am sure we wont...it will NOT BE IN DIVISION.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 6876
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2024 9:43:12 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

If you can put together a package that the Bears accept for the #1 pick (maybe it includes JJ), do you take Caleb Williams, Jayden Daniels, or another QB ?

Why would you need the #1 pick? The top 5-6 are about the same.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 6877
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2024 9:56:59 AM   
Bill Johanesen

At the end of the day I'm good with Penix Jr. firing darts to JJ. Plenty of QB-needy teams will make draft night nerve wracking.
Post #: 6878
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2024 9:59:04 AM   
Phil Riewer

O'Neil played against GB with a broken bone in his foot....thought it was a sprained foot/ankle.

Post #: 6879
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2024 10:34:29 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

O'Neil played against GB with a broken bone in his foot....thought it was a sprained foot/ankle.

Would of it made a difference if he did know? Probably not.
Post #: 6880
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2024 10:36:52 AM   
Ricky J

Tim thinking he's maybe on to something here ...

Tim K
@kriegs0611
·
4h
Ironic he beings this up now, a couple months before the Vikings might move on. Could have locked down a hometown discount deal last offseason if he wanted
Post #: 6881
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2024 10:40:20 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Maybe we need to hire a better medical staff. Or buy an XRay machine
Post #: 6882
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2024 10:42:25 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

At the end of the day I'm good with Penix Jr. firing darts to JJ. Plenty of QB-needy teams will make draft night nerve wracking.

Yep. If you need to send the Chargers a 2025 1st rounder to move up, do it.
Post #: 6883
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2024 10:51:18 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Tim K
@kriegs0611
·
4h
Ironic he beings this up now, a couple months before the Vikings might move on. Could have locked down a hometown discount deal last offseason if he wanted

He's only bringing it up now because he was asked about it while cleaning out his locker.

He actually didn't bring it up.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 6884
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2024 10:54:42 AM   
Jeff Jesser

I didn't get to watch as closely as I wanted to but what I did notice is that JJM is exactly what I thought (and others have mentioned about him). Really good athlete but not the guy. What does he do that, say, Zach Wilson doesn't/can't? big time pass for me.

Penix played pretty badly but that was down to Michigan's D more than anything IMO. I posted here last week that this was not a good matchup for him. Michigan's DLine puts a lot o pressure on guys. They did that again last night and it made him rush things. I also said that the worst thing that could happen to him was he gets hurt again. Didn't seem major but he was holding his ribs/side all second half and someone mentioned he was limping in the tunnel. Not good signs for a guy with past injury problems.

May be nothing but who knows.
Post #: 6885
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2024 11:05:54 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

I didn't get to watch as closely as I wanted to but what I did notice is that JJM is exactly what I thought (and others have mentioned about him). Really good athlete but not the guy. What does he do that, say, Zach Wilson doesn't/can't? big time pass for me.

Penix played pretty badly but that was down to Michigan's D more than anything IMO. I posted here last week that this was not a good matchup for him. Michigan's DLine puts a lot o pressure on guys. They did that again last night and it made him rush things. I also said that the worst thing that could happen to him was he gets hurt again. Didn't seem major but he was holding his ribs/side all second half and someone mentioned he was limping in the tunnel. Not good signs for a guy with past injury problems.

Sorry, I mentioned limping but that gives the impression he also sustained a leg injury. Basically, he was walking feebly probably due to the rib/side injury.
Post #: 6886
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2024 11:06:59 AM   
marty

Why would you need the #1 pick? The top 5-6 are about the same

#1 so you get the QB you're targeting, what you think is the best QB in the draft.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 6887
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2024 11:07:30 AM   
Todd M

We’re such a lucky franchise. No way will the most injured prospect ever have any problems staying healthy. And I if he breaks anything chances are we’ll miss it so it won’t count.
Post #: 6888
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2024 11:08:24 AM   
marty

What do you do about Williams, Daniels and Maye who all skipped their Bowl Games?

Is this a new trend, and did any of them win their Bowl game the previous season?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 6889
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2024 11:31:33 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Why would you need the #1 pick? The top 5-6 are about the same
#1 so you get the QB you're targeting, what you think is the best QB in the draft.

You know how much draft capital that is?

It is Kramer-like ("They just write it off")

Post #: 6890
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2024 12:44:38 PM   
marty

I don't know, JJ and 2 1sts ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 6891
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2024 12:50:30 PM   
David F.

quote:

ha ha

-Anytime he interjects God into a remark about his upcoming contract, watch out

Hey, God works in mysterious ways

-Dudes a pro at that stuff

And we've got people around here thinking he's stupid bc he used the recorder on his phone to learn plays. You said it yourself, O'Connell's quoting War and Peace into that microphone

You don't have to be smart to demand a fully guaranteed, high-dollar contact. You just have to feel entitled.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 6892
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2024 12:53:53 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

Sorry, I mentioned limping but that gives the impression he also sustained a leg injury. Basically, he was walking feebly probably due to the rib/side injury.

No worries. That actually may have upped his chances at being there at 11. He played through it so it wasn't too bad, whatever it was.
Post #: 6893
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2024 1:08:07 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ha ha

And we've got people around here thinking he's stupid bc he used the recorder on his phone to learn plays. You said it yourself, O'Connell's quoting War and Peace into that microphone

You don't have to be smart to demand a fully guaranteed, high-dollar contact. You just have to feel entitled.

I'm shocked that the NFLPA hasn't found a leader who can get guaranteed contracts for the players like they have in MLB and NBA.
Post #: 6894
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2024 1:59:21 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

ha ha

I'm shocked that the NFLPA hasn't found a leader who can get guaranteed contracts for the players like they have in MLB and NBA.

They can't get contract structures like MLB. There is no salary cap and revenue sharing in baseball like there is in the NFL.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6895
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2024 2:24:19 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

ha ha

He just didn't demand, he got it. Like it says in italics, Dudes a pro at that stuff or IOW, pretty smart about it.

-- like I said earlier, I was just playing. Im not here to get into any battles of defending or endorsing we sign him.
Post #: 6896
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2024 2:24:49 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Tim K
@kriegs0611
·
4h

He's only bringing it up now because he was asked about it while cleaning out his locker.

He actually didn't bring it up.

Good point
Post #: 6897
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2024 2:33:21 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

We’re such a lucky franchise. No way will the most injured prospect ever have any problems staying healthy. And I if he breaks anything chances are we’ll miss it so it won’t count.

I thought you'd be impressed with him gutting it out and playing with the "broken foot".

I wonder what the exact diagnosis was/is. You can hear the term broken all the way from a little crack on an x-ray to a compound fracture.
Post #: 6898
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2024 2:39:46 PM  1 votes
Todd M

I didn’t say but I was impressed he gutted it out.
Post #: 6899
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2024 3:36:17 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

One of the Michigan D-Linemen fell on his ankle, bent pretty good, didn't look like fun.
Early 2nd half?
Post #: 6900
Page:   <<   < prev  274 275 [276] 277 278   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  274 275 [276] 277 278   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode