Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  276 277 [278] 279 280   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/10/2024 11:36:22 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Might as well get used to the idea of trading up to #2 for Daniels. I’m willing it into existence.

I think Marty hacked Todd's account...
Post #: 6926
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/10/2024 11:39:57 AM   
Todd M

Post #: 6927
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/10/2024 12:00:17 PM   
Todd M

Gonna be a fun ride. I’m seeing Daniels mocked from 1 to 11.
Post #: 6928
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/10/2024 12:29:23 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark C. Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

So as he cleaned out his locker Monday following the end of the team's season, and with the likelihood that he could be the best quarterback available on the 2024 free agent market, Cousins was asked a question: Would he embrace a hometown discount if that's ultimately what the Vikings seek?

"That's a great question and one I've thought about pretty much my whole 12 years," Cousins said. "I do think it's important to be aware of. I think that God has blessed me financially beyond my wildest dreams. So at this stage in my career, the dollars are really not what it's about."

Still looking for a straight answer to a simple question. Anytime he interjects God into a remark about his upcoming contract, watch out.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39266834/kirk-cousins-hopes-stay-vikings-structure-most-important

I think he did answer it. He said he's been blessed financially so the money isn't the most important issue with respect to where he would like to play next year. Having said that, I don't want the team to resign him.

"Would you kill John Doe?"

"Yes."

vs.

"Would you kill John Doe?"

"That's a great question that I've thought a lot about. I've thought about a gun, a knife, a garrote, a hatchet. I've been blessed with so many non-guilty verdicts, its important to get it right. Maybe if he looks at me wrong or wears a blue shirt on brown shirt day or when they legalize murder."

Question answered.
Post #: 6929
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/10/2024 1:53:24 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark C. Johnson

quote:

So as he cleaned out his locker Monday following the end of the team's season, and with the likelihood that he could be the best quarterback available on the 2024 free agent market, Cousins was asked a question: Would he embrace a hometown discount if that's ultimately what the Vikings seek?

"That's a great question and one I've thought about pretty much my whole 12 years," Cousins said. "I do think it's important to be aware of. I think that God has blessed me financially beyond my wildest dreams. So at this stage in my career, the dollars are really not what it's about."

Still looking for a straight answer to a simple question. Anytime he interjects God into a remark about his upcoming contract, watch out.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39266834/kirk-cousins-hopes-stay-vikings-structure-most-important

I think he did answer it. He said he's been blessed financially so the money isn't the most important issue with respect to where he would like to play next year. Having said that, I don't want the team to resign him.

IMO he hinted around it but never answered whether he'd take a hometown discount.
Post #: 6930
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/10/2024 1:59:13 PM   
Bill Johanesen

And he lets God do the heavy lifting, for example saying in Washington "I prayed about it, and I do believe that the Lord, at least in my life, likes to use one-year contracts and not long-term contracts."

So anything other than the human Quija board saying "The Lord has decided that a Minnesota hometown discount is ok." is tap dancing bullshit.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 1/10/2024 2:11:54 PM >
Post #: 6931
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/10/2024 2:08:44 PM   
Bill Johanesen

"I mean, Kirk played great," Adofo-Mensah said at the time. "I think my want for Kirk to come back isn't just a 'me' thing. You know, it's a negotiation. You come together at the table..."

Correct, it's not just a 'me' thing Kwesi. Do you realize God himself will be sitting at that table? You damn well better supply the bread and wine.

I hope God says Sunday is a day of rest, he's tired of the hypocritical BS, and that no playing on Sunday better be in Cousins' contract.
Post #: 6932
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/10/2024 4:00:51 PM   
Todd M

Re-signing Cousins and trading up for a QB doesn’t mesh.

I hope any talk of bringing him back is lip service. Being kind.
Post #: 6933
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/10/2024 4:05:32 PM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Re-signing Cousins and trading up for a QB doesn’t mesh.

I hope any talk of bringing him back is lip service. Being kind.

As painful it is for me personally to go through another KC year...

The "sit your rookie qb for a while" plan seems to have a lot of merit...
Post #: 6934
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/10/2024 4:06:48 PM   
Todd M

I could live with one year.

Cousins will want 2 if not 3.
Post #: 6935
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/10/2024 4:07:42 PM   
Todd M

Maybe it’ll be our out. Not money but length.
Post #: 6936
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/11/2024 8:08:37 AM   
eagleflorida

quote:

"I mean, Kirk played great," Adofo-Mensah said at the time. "I think my want for Kirk to come back isn't just a 'me' thing. You know, it's a negotiation. You come together at the table..."

Correct, it's not just a 'me' thing Kwesi. Do you realize God himself will be sitting at that table? You damn well better supply the bread and wine.

I hope God says Sunday is a day of rest, he's tired of the hypocritical BS, and that no playing on Sunday better be in Cousins' contract.

Made my day Bill
Post #: 6937
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/11/2024 8:18:23 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: eagleflorida

quote:

Made my day Bill

He'll just convert to Judaism, so he can rest on Saturday and get paid on Sundays.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6938
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/11/2024 8:28:44 AM   
drviking

Didn't take long to dump Billicheat without Brady

Most overrated coach of All time.

IMO

And horrible GM

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 6939
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/11/2024 8:29:16 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

Yea, he’s been blessed…

With the ability to pass himself off as an above average NFL Quarterback, whi,e defining average mediocrity…

If he played for any other team the past six years, would ANY of the current “ Stan’s, out there, be clamoring passionately to sign him to a multi year, fully guaranteed contract deal, eating his dead cap and giving up even a 5th rd pick for him.. as is?

I fn doubt it..

But because we have no legitimate starting QB, let’s panic sign a proven non- winner POS.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 6940
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/11/2024 9:06:13 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

Billicheat retires..

Think he deserves tha HOF?

I don’t…
Y
M
M
V

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 6941
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/11/2024 9:26:06 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Billicheat retires..

Think he deserves tha HOF?

I don’t…
Y
M
M
V

Aside from the scandals about deflating he ball and videotaping opponents,

Well Second most wins all time as a HC and 6 superbowl titles.

guys going in. First opportunity.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 6942
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/11/2024 9:29:12 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Is he getting in? Yes.

Does he deserve it? Mehhhhhh......
Post #: 6943
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/11/2024 9:33:31 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Kinda "funny" how both he and Sabin are calling it quits when they realize their "success meal tickets" are taken from them. The 2 "greatest football coaches ever"

Take Brady away from BB and all the recruiting advantages from NS and guess what? They fall back down to earth.
Post #: 6944
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/11/2024 10:02:08 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Kinda "funny" how both he and Sabin are calling it quits when they realize their "success meal tickets" are taken from them. The 2 "greatest football coaches ever"

Take Brady away from BB and all the recruiting advantages from NS and guess what? They fall back down to earth.

Belichick, Sean Payton (who had Brees), Saban with now nonexistent recruiting advantages. Pete Carroll had his greatest success when Russell Wilson was at his best. Since Wilson started fading and then got traded Carroll's teams have been average at best.

Mike McCarthy, when gifted Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers managed exactly one supberbowl.

Ron Lafleur did next to nothing with Aaron Rodgers as a QB. Jordan Love may be competent, but he's no Rodgers.

I am sure I could go on and on about this.

Until the portal in College Football, it didn't take great coaching to win titles, it took good recruiting.

In the NFL the teams with the Stars at QB are more likely to win more.

Bad coaching can derail that, but without a stud at QB, your team is more likely to suck. And if your Star QB moves on or retires, be prepared for your team to suck, no matter who the coach is for some time to come.

Sean Payton did the smart thing and left NO after one year without Brees, but then inexplicably decided to coach again...

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 6945
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/11/2024 10:15:18 AM   
Todd M

Without Bilichick Tom Brady is John David Booty.

Patriots dynasty would have still existed.
Post #: 6946
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/11/2024 10:17:11 AM   
Todd M

Guess my mileage varies lol.

Clocked mine around crazy town you’re thinking.
Post #: 6947
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/11/2024 10:58:24 AM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Belichick, Sean Payton (who had Brees), Saban with now nonexistent recruiting advantages. Pete Carroll had his greatest success when Russell Wilson was at his best. Since Wilson started fading and then got traded Carroll's teams have been average at best.

Mike McCarthy, when gifted Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers managed exactly one supberbowl.

Ron Lafleur did next to nothing with Aaron Rodgers as a QB. Jordan Love may be competent, but he's no Rodgers.

I am sure I could go on and on about this.

Until the portal in College Football, it didn't take great coaching to win titles, it took good recruiting.

In the NFL the teams with the Stars at QB are more likely to win more.

Bad coaching can derail that, but without a stud at QB, your team is more likely to suck. And if your Star QB moves on or retires, be prepared for your team to suck, no matter who the coach is for some time to come.

Sean Payton did the smart thing and left NO after one year without Brees, but then inexplicably decided to coach again...

Payton's salary is $18 million.
Post #: 6948
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/11/2024 11:01:13 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

I'm not really a Saban fan.

But, did Alabama ever have a scandal or get put on probation? I actually give Saban more credit for winning when it is isn't the NIL and transfer portal circus we have now. He got players there because he had a proven track record of developing players for the pros. And also win a few National Championships while you are at it.
Post #: 6949
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/11/2024 11:09:10 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Is he getting in? Yes.

Does he deserve it? Mehhhhhh......

BB didn't take any shit and kept the team together after they began winning. He knew when to trade players (in their post-prime but still good years). He traded second rounders for 'next years first'. OCs and DCs would leave left and right and they chugged on.

It's difficult to determine how much influence Brady had with things. But Belichick's pre-Brady and post-Brady records clearly suggest the GOAT was the key to the sustained success,
Post #: 6950
Page:   <<   < prev  276 277 [278] 279 280   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  276 277 [278] 279 280   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode