Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  280 281 [282] 283 284   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/14/2024 6:53:27 PM   
marty

Bill, I am sure you would have had a field day if Love had been a flop. I would have expected many sarcastic posts, and some David Boston mentions.

Again, I am not a Packers fan. I want the Vikings to get a good, young QB. Then you build around that.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 7026
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/14/2024 7:17:08 PM   
Bill Johanesen

CC Lamb, 110 yards, 0 TDs... percent of yards in the meaningless 4Q: 54%. Tyreek Hill, 62 yards, 1 TD. JJs lone playoff game, 47 yards, 0 TDs.
Post #: 7027
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/14/2024 7:24:20 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Since I called out Marty for his posting during a GB win, his post count on the various football threads is one. Good results. I don't like disguised packer rah rah posts on a Vikings thread. Now if a closet packer fan wants to convert to the Vikings, that's fine.
Post #: 7028
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/14/2024 7:44:55 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

A quick chime-in to point out that neither the Wilfs nor any other owner “spends their own money” on a damn thing. From the salary for the GM, the starting qb, down to the hourly pay for the person filling up popcorn boxes not one nickel comes from the owner. From the big drum and huge horn down to the newest shipment of towels and toilet paper the owners aren’t paying for any of it.

The fans pay for all of it. Season tickets, concessions, TV, corporate sponsors (who get the money from their customers), merch, and favorable tax treatment (aka public money), and the exponential growth of the value of their franchise (aka capital gains) fuel this enterprise. You could make the argument that some owners are slightly better than others in that they don’t pocket the entire 2000 truckloads of money each year. Sure, some “generously” reinvest four or five of the 2000 truckloads back into a nice practice facility in Eagan. Truly the salt of the earth, those types.

What set of fans?

Season tickets. Considering many Vikings fans sell their tickets when GB shows up in order to (by some accounts) recoup a significant cost of their season tickets, Green Bay Packers fans pay for a percentage of seats
Concessions. Yes, that's mostly Vikings fans eating and drinking.
TV. League-wide.
Corporate sponsors (who get the money from their customers). Vikings fans for local stuff, but it's difficult to say where the fans are and/or whether they are Vikings fans. Ex. U.S. Bank is nationwide.
Merch. Vikings fans, or allegiance to a particular player which may be quite a thing.
Favorable tax treatment (aka public money). The public.
The exponential growth of the value of their franchise (aka capital gains). League-wide.

So what do Vikings fans in particular fund? Some % of ticket sales, hot dogs, beer, ma & pa sponsors, jerseys.
Post #: 7029
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/14/2024 7:48:08 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

It really hard to watch playoff teams like the lions and the pukers carving through the NFC..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 7030
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/14/2024 7:53:02 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

It really hard to watch playoff teams like the lions and the pukers carving through the NFC..

One can only hope the Wilf's, Collaborator Kwesi, and Nice Guy O'Connell are forced to watch every minute. With the Bears set to kick ass in the draft and free agency, I'd like to know their plan to get out of the basement of the NFCN, let alone the NFC.
Post #: 7031
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/14/2024 8:35:20 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

One can only hope the Wilf's, Collaborator Kwesi, and Nice Guy O'Connell are forced to watch every minute. With the Bears set to kick ass in the draft and free agency, I'd like to know their plan to get out of the basement of the NFCN, let alone the NFC.

We're definitely on our way to the basement which I'm ok with. I, like you, would love to know the plan to build back up. Probably throw more at the wall and hope is all they got.
Post #: 7032
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/14/2024 8:40:28 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

A quick chime-in to point out that neither the Wilfs nor any other owner “spends their own money” on a damn thing. From the salary for the GM, the starting qb, down to the hourly pay for the person filling up popcorn boxes not one nickel comes from the owner. From the big drum and huge horn down to the newest shipment of towels and toilet paper the owners aren’t paying for any of it.

The fans pay for all of it. Season tickets, concessions, TV, corporate sponsors (who get the money from their customers), merch, and favorable tax treatment (aka public money), and the exponential growth of the value of their franchise (aka capital gains) fuel this enterprise. You could make the argument that some owners are slightly better than others in that they don’t pocket the entire 2000 truckloads of money each year. Sure, some “generously” reinvest four or five of the 2000 truckloads back into a nice practice facility in Eagan. Truly the salt of the earth, those types.

What set of fans?

Season tickets. Considering many Vikings fans sell their tickets when GB shows up in order to (by some accounts) recoup a significant cost of their season tickets, Green Bay Packers fans pay for a percentage of seats
TV. League-wide.
Corporate sponsors (who get the money from their customers). Vikings fans for local stuff, but it's difficult to say where the fans are and/or whether they are Vikings fans. Ex. U.S. Bank is nationwide.
Merch. Vikings fans, or allegiance to a particular player which may be quite a thing.
The exponential growth of the value of their franchise (aka capital gains). League-wide.

So what do Vikings fans in particular fund? Some % of ticket sales, hot dogs, beer, ma & pa sponsors, jerseys.

If I sell my packer tickets the Vikings still get my money. They also have about $15,000 of my money from SBLs. And then I flipped the script and bought packer tickets this year and traveled there for our game. Did I fund the packer organization?

The fans, directly and indirectly, pay for everything. Always have.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 7033
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/14/2024 9:12:54 PM   
marty

I don't expect Bill to man up and admit he was wrong about Jordan Love, I fully expect him to try to turn that into the lie that I am a closet Packer fan.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 7034
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/14/2024 9:14:39 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I don't expect Bill to man up and admit he was wrong about Jordan Love, I fully expect him to try to turn that into the lie that I am a closet Packer fan.

Let's not turn him into the 2nd coming yet. All I'm saying is if our young qb had a first playoff game like that we'd be stoked!
Post #: 7035
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/14/2024 9:34:06 PM   
marty

After showing Bill to be wrong on 2 things, his next post should be some sort of brag that he is once again blocking me.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 7036
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/14/2024 9:37:15 PM   
marty

Richard

All Love proved is that he has talent.

I would be happy to see Love throw 5 picks in devastating loss next week, and that that becomes as close as he ever ends up getting to a Super Bowl.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 7037
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/14/2024 9:44:25 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Let's not turn him into the 2nd coming yet. All I'm saying is if our young qb had a first playoff game like that we'd be stoked!

Hey, let Marty have his moment!

I'm merely a prop to allow Marty, conveniently on a day the packers won, to post and post about "Jordan Love", the packers, and how seemingly talented he is.

Bottom line: I could give two squirts whether some early prognosis on "Jordan Love" was right or wrong, but to each his own.
Post #: 7038
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/14/2024 9:53:05 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

What set of fans?

TV. League-wide.

If I sell my packer tickets the Vikings still get my money. They also have about $15,000 of my money from SBLs. And then I flipped the script and bought packer tickets this year and traveled there for our game. Did I fund the packer organization?

A simple pass through. You pay Wilf, the packer fans pay you. Ergo, packer fans pay the Wilfs. You probably got tickets @ GB cheap lol.

Fans do not pay for everything, even indirectly. You yourself listed stadiums and favorable tax treatment (public money). And corporate sponsors. There are untold thousands (millions) of people who pay into a product or service (like US Bank) who are not NFL fans.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 1/14/2024 10:17:23 PM >
Post #: 7039
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/14/2024 9:59:07 PM   
Mark Anderson

Kirby Joseph is one dirty SOB. Hockenson, now Higby.

Someone needs to take a running hit on his knees when he is in a vulnerable position.
Post #: 7040
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/14/2024 10:07:21 PM   
marty

Of course you could only give 2 squirts Bill, you were wrong about Love. He doesn't "seemingly" have talent, he has talent.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 7041
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/14/2024 10:10:23 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Det winning a SB would be a gut punch.
Post #: 7042
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/14/2024 10:12:14 PM   
marty

I think the more interesting story could be the Lions.

I think Goff could be on a mission to get a ring, in a similar way that Eli Manning was to match his brother getting ring. Just not sure if Goff has the talent of a playoff Eli Manning.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 7043
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/14/2024 10:22:36 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

We're definitely on our way to the basement which I'm ok with. I, like you, would love to know the plan to build back up. Probably throw more at the wall and hope is all they got.

Guaranteed they have hokey BS vision and mission statements full of the latest buzzwords that unfortunately do not include the words "Super Bowl wins".

Instill and foster a collaborative and empowered environment conducive to beholding and maintaining a continual presence supporting the greater entity while emanating a sense of pious virtue for the greater good to independently milk every damn dime we can get from anyone who enters our lovely sphere.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 1/14/2024 10:34:18 PM >
Post #: 7044
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/14/2024 11:13:40 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

What set of fans?

TV. League-wide.

A simple pass through. You pay Wilf, the packer fans pay you. Ergo, packer fans pay the Wilfs. You probably got tickets @ GB cheap lol.

Fans do not pay for everything, even indirectly. You yourself listed stadiums and favorable tax treatment (public money). And corporate sponsors. There are untold thousands (millions) of people who pay into a product or service (like US Bank) who are not NFL fans.

Oh I get where we’re not on the same page. I was incorrect when I said the fans pay it all. I should have said the owners don’t pay anything but fans and others pay it all.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 7045
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/15/2024 5:53:52 AM   
Phil Riewer

Lions safety Joseph destroy another TE ACL.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 7046
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/15/2024 7:19:45 AM   
Brad H

The story of the playoffs so far on opening weekend..............Jordan Love and CJ Stroud. Young quarterbacks with talent. At some point you'd think the Vikings brass would figure it out.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 7047
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/15/2024 7:21:53 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Lions safety Joseph destroy another TE ACL.

Absolutely terrible officiating in that game.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 7048
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/15/2024 7:47:51 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: timz

Packers pounding the Cowpukes

Any time the Packers play the Cowboys I think what a perfect moment and place for an asteroid strike.

No, that wish is saved for the RNC..

How about the Cowboys playing the Packers with the RNC iand the Nebraska Judiciary in attendance?

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 7049
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/15/2024 8:07:37 AM   
Murph

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

The story of the playoffs so far on opening weekend..............Jordan Love and CJ Stroud. Young quarterbacks with talent. At some point you'd think the Vikings brass would figure it out.

If we bring back Cousins and not draft a QB high in the 1st; we'll have the worst QB room in the division and will finish last in the north.

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 7050
Page:   <<   < prev  280 281 [282] 283 284   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  280 281 [282] 283 284   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode