Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  284 285 [286] 287 288   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 11:16:59 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

My new working theory is; We fans, and by we I mean most of y’all, need to change (y)our ways.

The collective negativity towards the team and its fans keep this franchise down.

You have poop hearted fans/people like Bill cancelling out 10 pure hearted people/fans with unwavering faith like myself.

You might be on to something, Marty.
Post #: 7126
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 11:26:37 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

And down goes Philly!

GB, SF, Det, TB

Hate Cousins or hate him even more, it would of been nice to see this play out. What a hs wasted year.⁷

We saw it play out. Now we have Cousins coming off an Achilles. I hope we have a plan going forward.

Of course we do. But only one plan is going to work. Two plans will work if you're just happy getting there.

Having a plan doesn’t mean anything, if its not a good plan.

I see different faces but this team is not that much competitively different from the 8-9 team three years ago. With Cousins much less without.

edit: Of course we do, all 32 teams will have a plan. But only one plan is going to work, and that team will win the SB. Two plans will work if you're just happy getting there, to the SB and not winning.

How about start by getting the cap in order and identifying a franchise qb. This team has a ways to go before dreams of a Super Bowl.

How 'bout you people seeing Im just responding to a simple statement ... with maybe a little snark at its simplicity?
Post #: 7127
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 11:27:24 AM   
David F.

quote:

My new working theory is; We fans, and by we I mean most of y’all, need to change (y)our ways.

The collective negativity towards the team and its fans keep this franchise down.

You have poop hearted fans/people like Bill cancelling out 10 pure hearted people/fans with unwavering faith like myself.

You are officially in a codependent relationship with the Vikings. Like a battered spouse, you’ve decided it’s your fault.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 7128
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 11:28:38 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And down goes Philly!

GB, SF, Det, TB

Hate Cousins or hate him even more, it would of been nice to see this play out. What a hs wasted year.⁷

We saw it play out. Now we have Cousins coming off an Achilles. I hope we have a plan going forward.

Of course we do. But only one plan is going to work. Two plans will work if you're just happy getting there.

I see different faces but this team is not that much competitively different from the 8-9 team three years ago. With Cousins much less without.

edit: Of course we do, all 32 teams will have a plan. But only one plan is going to work, and that team will win the SB. Two plans will work if you're just happy getting there, to the SB and not winning.

How about start by getting the cap in order and identifying a franchise qb. This team has a ways to go before dreams of a Super Bowl.

How 'bout you people seeing Im just responding to a simple statement ... with maybe a little snark at its simplicity?

We haven't had a franchise qb since Fran Tarkenton. It's time to draft qbs until you hit on one. I don't think that's unreasonable.
Post #: 7129
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 11:29:26 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

So the problem is the fans aren't optimistic enough?

Viking fans wouldn't recognize optimism if it bit them in the ass!!!
Post #: 7130
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 11:30:31 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

What difference does it make? Shouldn't that be another reason for the team to "prove em wrong" if anything?
Post #: 7131
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 11:30:54 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And down goes Philly!

GB, SF, Det, TB

We haven't had a franchise qb since Fran Tarkenton. It's time to draft qbs until you hit on one. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Once again ....

What do you think my intent was with my original post?
Post #: 7132
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 11:32:22 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And down goes Philly!

GB, SF, Det, TB

Once again ....

To tell us how you can't handle the fact that Cousins got injured?
Post #: 7133
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 11:33:15 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And down goes Philly!

GB, SF, Det, TB

Once again ....

To tell us how you can't handle the fact that Cousins got injured?

OMG!!!!
Post #: 7134
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 11:35:04 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

It was bound to happen sooner or later. He's been pretty damn durable.
Post #: 7135
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 11:37:08 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

It's also quite possible Kwesi continues to whiff in the draft and his 4th year is a lame duck season.

I don't fault him too much for free agent misses or a lack of an influx of talent because he had to deal with an upside down cap situation. But contracts like $13 million for Davenport, of which $7 million in dead cap counts against the upcoming cap? Really? I think that had Flores written all over it. If so, keep Flores away from the available FA list.

This is my new and improved plan. This is my great hope.

That Kwesi wakes up tomorrow morning and says to himself, ‘I suck.’

And in the shower afterwards, between his loofaing and his Armani body rejuvenation rinsing, he continues, ‘Do I suck because I suck or do I suck because ownership has tied my hands and ruined my chance to not suck?’

And then afterwards, while spreading cavier on eggos, ‘Screw them, if I’m going down I’m going down my way.’

Hire SFs 2nd in command personnel person (who Kwesi should know) to head our personne dept. This person is sitting next to Kwesi in the draft room, not Kevin. Steal away the best college scouting personnel that cousin Lenny can intimidate to come over.

Our personnel dept, especially our college scouting dept should be the focus of our organization. That doesn’t guarantee anything but it improves our risk and brings in a different type of player than we we’ve seeing since the Spielman era.

I would take play calling duties away from Kevin and tell him you need him ‘focused on the big picture.’ Find someone over aggressive that has to learn to pick and choose ehen to throttle it back … not someone who has to figure out when to play nice or not.

I’m not signing any veterans until after the draft when prices drop.

No Cousins. No Hunter. Release Harry, Bradbury. Release the 2022 draft class but put their picture on the refrigerator as a ‘get skinny’ reminder for Kwesi.

Trade JJ. Tade O’Neill.

Before the draft, if I’m going to sign a young second tier FA to a 3 yr deal, its going to be a DL like Wonnum. My other purchase is more critical, a ‘decent’ backup QB.

Draft a Qb and CB in the first rd. Draft an edge and DT in the second rd. Draft a CB and G in the third. Draft a OL and DL in the fourth … etc etc blah blaf

QB, DL, OL, CB. Kevin is duct-taped in the corner so the’ll be no TEs this draft.

[Plan A in draft form. Next iteration in 5 minutes.]

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 1/16/2024 11:39:39 AM >
Post #: 7136
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 11:41:59 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

You are officially in a codependent relationship with the Vikings. Like a battered spouse, you’ve decided it’s your fault.

No, even crazier than that is I’m blaming all you people.
Post #: 7137
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 11:59:55 AM   
Todd M

Re-sign Cousins.
Have faith.
Be kind to one another.
Post #: 7138
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 12:20:30 PM  1 votes
Trekgeekscott

My plan for the offseason. Sit back and let the front office do their thing...then stand up and start bitching/praising.

I have no control over what they do. I can fantasize and tell eveyone what I'd like them to do, but in the end I will not be upset if they do not see the same thing I see and do what I want.

My life will go on whatever they do.

But that's just me.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 7139
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 12:26:58 PM   
ratoppenheimer

pff grades: there was a time around week 10-11 when smith and metellus were each ranked near #20, and bynum was #4....

they ended up with these pff grades....

bynum…21/96
metellus…32
smith…43

our cb's....

blackmon…32/128
murphy…90
evans…102

our edge boys....

hunter....32/118
wonnum....80
jones....118

reference
clowney...15
Za'Darius Smith...19
chase young....37
kwity paye....38
josh sweat...60

our qb's....

cousins....9/41
dobbs....29
mullens - didn't make top 41

stafford....5
goff....10
justin herbert....11
geno smith....14
flacco....22
Tannehill....26
levis....32
devito...35

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 1/16/2024 1:08:43 PM >

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 7140
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 1:05:29 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

My plan for the offseason. Sit back and let the front office do their thing...then stand up and start bitching/praising.

I have no control over what they do. I can fantasize and tell eveyone what I'd like them to do, but in the end I will not be upset if they do not see the same thing I see and do what I want.

My life will go on whatever they do.

But that's just me.

Love it!
Post #: 7141
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 1:47:10 PM   
Murph

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

My pessimistic attitude is based on three things..

Coaching, first,
GM second..

And the possibility that KFC might be signed to any kind of extension..

KOC is a clueless play calling fool..
KAM is a word salad wishy washy draft moron
And KFC is the definition of mediocre.

JMO.

Spot on!!

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 7142
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 2:00:14 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

Classis... and sooo true!

Unwavering faith? Numerous posts games in the GameDay thread show a whole different 'faith'. The delusion is absurdly funny!

Epitome of a fickle fan who blows in the wind and changes sides more than an Afghan tribal leader.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 1/16/2024 2:14:00 PM >
Post #: 7143
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 2:00:56 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Yes, blame the fans
Post #: 7144
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 2:07:59 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Some rag believes JJ will be traded and proposed a trade with Arizona. JJ for:
- 2024 1st round pick (#4 overall)
- 2025 1st round pick
- 2024 3rd round pick (#71 overall)

While a proven player or two is not in the deal, I would sprout wings and fly there to secure that deal. Mainly because it offers a significant likelihood of getting one of the top 3 QBs.
Post #: 7145
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 2:09:01 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

It's also quite possible Kwesi continues to whiff in the draft and his 4th year is a lame duck season.

I don't fault him too much for free agent misses or a lack of an influx of talent because he had to deal with an upside down cap situation. But contracts like $13 million for Davenport, of which $7 million in dead cap counts against the upcoming cap? Really? I think that had Flores written all over it. If so, keep Flores away from the available FA list.

This is my new and improved plan. This is my great hope.

That Kwesi wakes up tomorrow morning and says to himself, ‘I suck.’

And in the shower afterwards, between his loofaing and his Armani body rejuvenation rinsing, he continues, ‘Do I suck because I suck or do I suck because ownership has tied my hands and ruined my chance to not suck?’

And then afterwards, while spreading cavier on eggos, ‘Screw them, if I’m going down I’m going down my way.’

Hire SFs 2nd in command personnel person (who Kwesi should know) to head our personne dept. This person is sitting next to Kwesi in the draft room, not Kevin. Steal away the best college scouting personnel that cousin Lenny can intimidate to come over.

Our personnel dept, especially our college scouting dept should be the focus of our organization. That doesn’t guarantee anything but it improves our risk and brings in a different type of player than we we’ve seeing since the Spielman era.

I would take play calling duties away from Kevin and tell him you need him ‘focused on the big picture.’ Find someone over aggressive that has to learn to pick and choose ehen to throttle it back … not someone who has to figure out when to play nice or not.

I’m not signing any veterans until after the draft when prices drop.

No Cousins. No Hunter. Release Harry, Bradbury. Release the 2022 draft class but put their picture on the refrigerator as a ‘get skinny’ reminder for Kwesi.

Trade JJ. Tade O’Neill.

Before the draft, if I’m going to sign a young second tier FA to a 3 yr deal, its going to be a DL like Wonnum. My other purchase is more critical, a ‘decent’ backup QB.

Draft a Qb and CB in the first rd. Draft an edge and DT in the second rd. Draft a CB and G in the third. Draft a OL and DL in the fourth … etc etc blah blaf

QB, DL, OL, CB. Kevin is duct-taped in the corner so the’ll be no TEs this draft.

[Plan A in draft form. Next iteration in 5 minutes.]

Funny stuff aside, it's a great plan (but the only holdover OL would be Darrisaw lol). Time for the franchise to put their big boy pants on!

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 1/16/2024 2:51:09 PM >
Post #: 7146
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 2:28:25 PM   
Bill Johanesen

It's not about the fans being down on the team. It's not about posters making fun of Cousins' religion. It's not about hypocritical unwavering faith crap as if you are a better fan. It's not about dreaming of what-if scenarios of Cousins leading the team to a SB win. It's not about any other sorry-ass lame excuse people create to appease themselves a couple of days after two division opponents move on in the playoffs.

Enough with the diversionary BS.

It's about the owners hiring the right GM. It's about the GM doing his f***ing job and bringing in better talent than the opposition. It's about the coaches effectively coaching and outthinking the opposition coaches during games.

That's the focus. Some of you might want to look into that. Or not.
Post #: 7147
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 2:31:12 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Some rag believes JJ will be traded and proposed a trade with Arizona. JJ for:
- 2024 1st round pick (#4 overall)
- 2025 1st round pick
- 2024 3rd round pick (#71 overall)

While a proven player or two is not in the deal, I would sprout wings and fly there to secure that deal. Mainly because it offers a significant likelihood of getting one of the top 3 QBs.

Being able to take Daniels at #4 and still having 11, 42 and 71 for Defense and/or O-Line would be a really nice start to a rebuild.

And then two 1st round picks next year as well...
Post #: 7148
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 2:41:52 PM   
Bill Johanesen

No idea what a 'fair' draft-pick only trade for JJ would be.

KC got the 21st and 54th picks (along with Toney) for Tyreek Hill, far less than the proposal. And cap relief, which was probably needed for the Mahomes extension.
Post #: 7149
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 2:49:16 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes, blame the fans

Just calling it as I see it. That's OK, right?
Post #: 7150
Page:   <<   < prev  284 285 [286] 287 288   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  284 285 [286] 287 288   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode