Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  285 286 [287] 288 289   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 2:50:44 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

It's not about the fans being down on the team. It's not about posters making fun of Cousins' religion. It's not about hypocritical unwavering faith crap as if you are a better fan. It's not about dreaming of what-if scenarios of Cousins leading the team to a SB win. It's not about any other sorry-ass lame excuse people create to appease themselves a couple of days after two division opponents move on in the playoffs.

Enough with the diversionary BS.

It's about the owners hiring the right GM. It's about the GM doing his f***ing job and bringing in better talent than the opposition. It's about the coaches effectively coaching and outthinking the opposition coaches during games.

That's the focus. Some of you might want to look into that. Or not.

You sure are swearing a lot lately. Everything ok?
Post #: 7151
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 2:51:38 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

So the problem is the fans aren't optimistic enough?

Viking fans wouldn't recognize optimism if it bit them in the ass!!!

Yes, blame the fans

Just calling it as I see it. That's OK, right?

Go for it!
Post #: 7152
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 2:53:13 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

It's not about the fans being down on the team. It's not about posters making fun of Cousins' religion. It's not about hypocritical unwavering faith crap as if you are a better fan. It's not about dreaming of what-if scenarios of Cousins leading the team to a SB win. It's not about any other sorry-ass lame excuse people create to appease themselves a couple of days after two division opponents move on in the playoffs.

It's about the owners hiring the right GM. It's about the GM doing his f***ing job and bringing in better talent than the opposition. It's about the coaches effectively coaching and outthinking the opposition coaches during games.

Presuming you read the post, maybe it will resonate ha.
Post #: 7153
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 2:57:52 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

Or not.
I know you think you're the smartest guy in the room, Bill. But you don't have a clue what I'm like.
Post #: 7154
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 3:03:48 PM   
Todd M

quote:

I know you think you're the smartest guy in the room, Bill.

He’s thought it for his entire posting history. It’s getting harder to hold onto the facade the further he slips into cognitive decline.
Post #: 7155
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 3:07:22 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Or not.
I know you think you're the smartest guy in the room, Bill. But you don't have a clue what I'm like.

Speaking of 'is everything ok'

BTW, you actually posted a diversion reply to my post about people posting diversions! Coincidently ironic (a made up term).

Oh, I just did a quick check of my posts. Posted a lot and just a couple with a version of a swear word in them. Must be your imagination. Or a fabrication.
Post #: 7156
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 3:08:26 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Or not.

Speaking of 'is everything ok'

BTW, you actually posted a diversion reply to my post about people posting diversions! Coincidently ironic (a made up term).

Oh, I just did a quick check of my posts. Posted a lot and just a couple with a version of a swear word in them. Must be your imagination. Or a fabrication.

Huh?

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 1/16/2024 3:11:49 PM >
Post #: 7157
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 3:12:26 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Some rag believes JJ will be traded and proposed a trade with Arizona. JJ for:
- 2024 1st round pick (#4 overall)
- 2025 1st round pick
- 2024 3rd round pick (#71 overall)

While a proven player or two is not in the deal, I would sprout wings and fly there to secure that deal. Mainly because it offers a significant likelihood of getting one of the top 3 QBs.

Being able to take Daniels at #4 and still having 11, 42 and 71 for Defense and/or O-Line would be a really nice start to a rebuild.

And then two 1st round picks next year as well...

But do you trust the failed wall street broker with those picks?

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 7158
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 3:54:53 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

If we replayed the season over 5 times with a healthy Cousins:

We’d make the playoffs all 5 times.
Advance into the Divisional round 4 times.
Make the NFCCG 3 times.
Make the SB twice.
Win it once.

So 9-8 ( cousins normal win %) would get us in the playoffs all 5 times out of the nfc north..

Are you assuming cousins wins out?

What AI fed that line to you?

Did it have KOC coaching and Zero injuries All season?

This past seasons team was not playoff caliber even with Mr. Efiocre.. why?

Coaching and injuries to ol, receivers , defense in general,. Playing mattison, untill he gets hurt..

So many reasons..

I don’t drink purple koolaid any more and my glasses are jaundiced yellow, and jaded green, depressing blue…

What would happen if the Vikes resigned Kirk and drafted a QB 1st round or early 2nd JJ McCarthy?

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 7159
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 4:28:14 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Make the NFCCG 3 times.
Make the SB twice.
Win it once.

So 9-8 ( cousins normal win %) would get us in the playoffs all 5 times out of the nfc north..

Coaching and injuries to ol, receivers , defense in general,. Playing mattison, untill he gets hurt..

So many reasons..

I don’t drink purple koolaid any more and my glasses are jaundiced yellow, and jaded green, depressing blue…

What would happen if the Vikes resigned Kirk and drafted a QB 1st round or early 2nd JJ McCarthy?

Do we get Harbough as HC as well?
Post #: 7160
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 4:34:01 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Lions safety Joseph destroy another TE ACL.

I like how the Lions coaches and players tried defending him.

Yes, the NFL doesn't want players going to the head. Plenty of room between the thigh and chest. Sometimes an offensive player ducks or jumps and it leads to a dangerous hit.

But, Joseph intentionally went at Hockenson and Higbee's knees. There are 10-12 times a game where a defender or blocker could take out a vulnerable guys knees. They don't do it because there is an unwritten rule(among players) that you don't intentionally do it.
Post #: 7161
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 4:56:00 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

My plan for the offseason. Sit back and let the front office do their thing...then stand up and start bitching/praising.

I have no control over what they do. I can fantasize and tell eveyone what I'd like them to do, but in the end I will not be upset if they do not see the same thing I see and do what I want.

My life will go on whatever they do.

But that's just me.

Well ... first of all, you express your opinion all the time which makes post a freakin' lie.

That's okay with me ... if there's a chance you commit to just sticking with quiet fantasizing as your life goes on.

Win win for everybody.
Post #: 7162
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 5:06:41 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Make the NFCCG 3 times.
Make the SB twice.
Win it once.

So many reasons..

Do we get Harbough as HC as well?

Exactly. I'd be good with that plan if it includes Harbaugh.
Post #: 7163
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 5:38:14 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Or not.

Of course not. You spend all your time either crowing about optimism -or- negatively complaining about negativity.

Not expressing an honest upfront opinion.
Post #: 7164
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 5:43:48 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

My plan for the offseason. Sit back and let the front office do their thing...then stand up and start bitching/praising.

I have no control over what they do. I can fantasize and tell eveyone what I'd like them to do, but in the end I will not be upset if they do not see the same thing I see and do what I want.

My life will go on whatever they do.

But that's just me.

Well ... first of all, you express your opinion all the time which makes post a freakin' lie.

That's okay with me ... if there's a chance you commit to just sticking with quiet fantasizing as your life goes on.

Win win for everybody.

His sit back all offseason patience sounds, well, pure hearted and unwavering!
Post #: 7165
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 5:45:53 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

Some rag believes JJ will be traded and proposed a trade with Arizona. JJ for:
- 2024 1st round pick (#4 overall)
- 2025 1st round pick
- 2024 3rd round pick (#71 overall)

While a proven player or two is not in the deal, I would sprout wings and fly there to secure that deal. Mainly because it offers a significant likelihood of getting one of the top 3 QBs.

Being able to take Daniels at #4 and still having 11, 42 and 71 for Defense and/or O-Line would be a really nice start to a rebuild.

And then two 1st round picks next year as well...

That would be ideal. We'd have chance. We'd have to be really lucky but just trying to break through the mediocrity ...

there'd be so much optimism, there'd be nobody for the current optimists to be negative about.
Post #: 7166
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 6:02:37 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Very well said. Although I'm sure somebody will swoop in to complain about my complement or your gigantic head. LOL

Surreal.
Post #: 7167
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 6:16:54 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Every offseason seems to have built-in themes. The prognosis for 2024 in one way revolves around various perceptions of the team from fans/arm-chair GMs:

- Emphasis on the future. Those who believe the team must take bold moves and sees failure if it stays on its current path.
- Emphasis on the current. Those who are pretty good with the status quo.. like Kwesi said ~ improve on the margins.
- Emphasis on the past. Those who wonder what could have been.
- Emphasis on the occult. Those of unwavering faith who get sky high actually 'feeling' great success from basically the status quo, then post the phases of their letdown/mourning.
Post #: 7168
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 6:20:43 PM   
David Levine

Kevin Seifert@SeifertESPN

Fodder as the Vikings mull the state of their competitive rebuild:

3 of the NFL's 5 youngest teams in 2023 were in the NFC North.

2 of them made the playoffs and have advanced to the divisional round.

The 3rd has the No. 1 and No. 9 picks in the draft.
Post #: 7169
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 6:25:45 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Very well said. Although I'm sure somebody will swoop in to complain about my complement or your gigantic head. LOL

Surreal.

Conversely, the pro-Cousins crowd NEVER mentions his record. His .524 record over 12 years. His laughable playoff history. His nationally recognized disgraceful record in prime time until he won a game and 'got that monkey off his back'.
Post #: 7170
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 6:47:29 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Seifert is such a negative nelly.

Run it back until Cousins is in his 50s. These other teams will start getting old too.
Post #: 7171
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 6:55:30 PM   
Todd M

You’re ornery today, Tom. Mostly you post wonderful flowery prose that hits topical notes but today’s been different.
Post #: 7172
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 6:59:40 PM   
Todd M

Bills the same. Constantly looking down on people.
Post #: 7173
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 7:05:56 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Jettisoning Cousins and Harry for a couple of 21 year old players will knock off about a half-year. But advancing in the playoffs, ugh, that's the key. Like you said, they are getting a lot from their 1st and 2nd year players.
Post #: 7174
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/16/2024 7:06:31 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

Surreal.

Conversely, the pro-Cousins crowd NEVER mentions his record. His .524 record over 12 years. His laughable playoff history. His nationally recognized disgraceful record in prime time until he won a game and 'got that monkey off his back'.

Historical evidence. Ocular proof. Its not even close.

Cousins is going to be a great litmus test for starting the rebuild now or waiting at the least another year to start.
Post #: 7175
Page:   <<   < prev  285 286 [287] 288 289   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  285 286 [287] 288 289   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode