Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  293 294 [295] 296 297   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/23/2024 12:09:52 PM  1 votes
Trekgeekscott

[yawn]

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 7351
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/23/2024 3:44:27 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Where's Mallet?
Post #: 7352
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/23/2024 4:24:40 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I hate people who live to make others seem small so they can feel good about themselves.

Very sad. Everyday same thing.

Makes you wonder, what is it about himself he can't stand ...

I can answer that.

Some need to feel objective and curious ‘to feel good about themselves’ ... those odd ducks can’t stand to be stuck on one opinion regardless of the historical or ocular proof.

It’s freakin ridiculous.

Obviously it's just fine to make a snarky post belittling people's opinions about Cousins' futility by using a once in 30-year example involving, ahem, the Lions. Admittedly my lead in to the retort was crass, but the post concluded with a couple of facts. The reply/replies? Pure negative character 'insight'.

Results of his two posts: 0-2 (0fer) in football material, 2-0 in attacks. So innocent... so good hearted. To such a degree he's off block.

Posts attacking posters is a long repeated pattern and, as I've said before, stem from a legendary need to control.

I don't understand it. These guys get paid millions. All of us have opinions on them one way or another. There's no need to assassinate someone's character over differences of opinion. You'd think some of the players are family members the way they can be defended on all sides of the issues.

Posters attacking posters who attack other posters is what I'm guilty of, no doubt! Always has been. Are you saying you don't make fun of and "belittle" other people, Bill? Who did you just call a Gomer a day ago or so?

By attacking someone who belittles how a person memorizes material is another thing I'm guilty of even if it is Counsins and it was just you finding another place to take a shot, DF. Youre attacking anyone else that finds alternative ways of learning. Are you an expert in how memorization correlates to physical activity? Who gives a flying F how someone memorizes material? Anyway that gets it done works.

And how did this become, Bill is only attacking the prof football players? He's been attacking people and their opinions belittling people forever - isn't that assassinating someone's character, Richard? Want to come at me and think this about Counsins go ahead. It's not. That's misguided and I really don't care what you think of me.

Bill likes to bring up God because he thinks it hits me deep. It's not that God hits me in anyway it's that anyone else who wants to believe in God should have a right to without having to read Bill ridiculing the idea of it. If he ridiculed the right to be a homosexual or a trans itd be a deal around here but going after people who believe in God is open season. Why would a person do that, even if they believed more than anything else there was no God, unless they are trying to hurt or belittle someone? Like I said previously, Bill brings up God more than Cousins does. You have no idea what I believe but by now you should know what I think about criticizing someone else for what they believe.

When I say I wouldn't put a song posted on the Viking thread on my play list for riding my bicycle because it doesn't appeal to me I'm accused of being a phob'. Why? Because it was created by a trans - and it wasn't just one person taking a shot. I'd bet Im more closely related to a person who legally changed their gender identity than any of you and I not once have had a negative thought about it. I do have negative thoughts about people who go hunting for people to call a phob', though

- personally, I'm sorry for my remarks that started all of this and apologize ... I don't feel good about it in anyway. I makes me out to be a hypocrite as I accuse others of being one. I don't dislike Bill, Tom or anyone else in here even a little bit. But I do have my outspoken moments for sure

So unload on people then apologize. Hey, whatever works.

And more ranting re my posts about God that "doesn't bother you". Newsflash: it isn't about 'you'. The overwhelming majority of my posts are playing armchair GM looking at the cap, the roster, angles for free agency, the draft, stats, the Bears, strategy, Kwesi, etc. Some percentage of my posts are about Cousins quoting God, the Lord, and the Lord saying one year contracts are better (until they are not lol). So what. How does that attack your beliefs? Do you think that highly of yourself that you believe the posts are about 'you'?

You might want to step away from the thread, better yet block me.

When I say I wouldn't put a song posted on the Viking thread on my play list for riding my bicycle because it doesn't appeal to me I'm accused of being a phob'. That and the follow-on rant are presumably another pre-apology unload about a topic from another thread. Yikes.

I'm sure good hearted, dare I say salt of the earth Mallet will weigh in soon.
Post #: 7353
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/23/2024 4:34:42 PM   
Bill Johanesen

If he ridiculed the right to be a homosexual or a trans itd be a deal around here but going after people who believe in God is open season.

Interesting.

Right now I'm more concerned about whether the Vikings CB coach should be fired. Maybe it's the secondary coach, IDK.
Post #: 7354
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/23/2024 4:39:32 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

If he ridiculed the right to be a homosexual or a trans itd be a deal around here but going after people who believe in God is open season.

Interesting.

Right now I'm more concerned about whether the Vikings CB coach should be fired. Maybe it's the secondary coach, IDK.

3 posts in a row and no one engaging in your exchange....what should that tell you?

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 7355
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/23/2024 5:04:12 PM   
Tom Sykes

This is where I'd start my offseason shakeup:

Player Personnel / Football Administration
Ryan Grigson Senior Vice President of Player Personnel
Demitrius Washington Vice President of Football Operations
Ryan Monnens Director of Player Personnel
Chisom Opara Assistant Director of Player Personnel
Sam DeLuca Senior Assistant Director of Pro Personnel
Jamaal Stephenson Senior Personnel Executive
Mike Sholiton Director of College Scouting
Pat Roberts Assistant Director of College Scouting
Sean Gustus National Scout
David Williams National Scout
Frank Acevedo College Scout
Jake Essler College Scout
Blaine Gramer College Scout
Matt Kelly College Scout
Steve Sabo College Scout
Jack Murphy College Scout/BLESTO
Salli Clavelle Pro Scout
Alex Dale Pro Scout
Mitch Johnson-Martin Player Personnel Analyst - Pro Scouting

Taylor Brooks Player Personnel Analyst
Kaitlin Zarecki Football Operations Manager & Special Assistant to the General Manager & Head Coach
Emily Badis Manager of Football Administration
Chris French Football Quantitative Methods Analyst
Luke Burson Director, Football Information Systems
Mike Desplenter Database Administrator
Anthony Caron Football Information Systems Developer
Derek McCormick Football Information Systems Developer
Paul Wiggin Player Personnel Consultant
Cole Bransford Football Quantitative Methods Associate
Michelle Mankoff Scouting Associate
N'Tare Williamson Scouting Associate
Post #: 7356
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/23/2024 5:06:22 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Off topic. T-minus "how long" until Diggs starts pissing and moaning or demands a trade?

I was thinking that last night as he got shut down like usual in the big game. He doesn't scream championship material to me.

Bill's are stuck with Diggs because he has big dead cap hits through 25. Not sure anyone would trade for that.

< Message edited by Bill Jandro -- 1/23/2024 5:19:25 PM >

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 7357
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/23/2024 5:30:05 PM   
David F.

Kirk cousins is a public figure and an nfl quarterback. He is fair game for criticism. Criticizing him doesn’t equate to criticizing kids with learning disabilities. I can’t believe I even have to type this out.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 7358
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/23/2024 5:33:39 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

Interesting.

3 posts in a row and no one engaging in your exchange....what should that tell you?

I mean other than, someone posting directly to one person [whoever that person is!] and that person [whoever that person is!] responds ...

what does it say to you nosy if nobody else jumps in [but you]?

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 1/23/2024 5:34:59 PM >
Post #: 7359
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/23/2024 5:59:00 PM   
Tom Sykes

Doh!
Post #: 7360
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/23/2024 6:03:32 PM   
Todd M

This place is dumber than it has to be.

It’s harder to post here regularly and feel good about it than it should be.

The simple truth is bullies like to bully, some people are more sensitive to it, whether they’re the subject to the bullying or the observer, and the masses want it to disappear. To the point they’d just as soon rag on the complaints of the bullying while letting the bullying go if goes wo complaint. Path of least resistance.
Post #: 7361
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/23/2024 6:25:12 PM   
Todd M

quote:

Where's Mallett?

Too funny.

Called out your blocking bs and here you are with the equivalent of a duck whistle.

I’ve enjoyed you using buzzwords from a post where I was being exceedingly facetious. Hammering on them guessing I’d feel bad.

I love this place but I stopped taking it so serious a while ago. I’d like peace but you’ll be you and I’ll be me probably. And you’re the instigator so you need to do better IWBH.

< Message edited by Todd M -- 1/23/2024 6:27:07 PM >
Post #: 7362
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/23/2024 6:25:25 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

The simple truth is bullies like to bully, some people are more sensitive to it, whether they’re the subject to the bullying or the observer, and the masses want it to disappear. To the point they’d just as soon rag on the complaints of the bullying while letting the bullying go if goes wo complaint. Path of least resistance.

Bullying? Unless I'm a bully on top of being the site's biggest sycophant ... I don't see that ...

It seems to me we all beat up on each other pretty good because the team and our opinions of the team matter [to us].

It gets personal. Different posters invest in specific arguments ... align against opposing positions / posters ... players coaches come and go, rinse and repeat.

Regardless, we're all hyper-focused on the same thing ... the team winning ... if that's not happening things fall apart.

Lord of the Flies and all that.

Just my opinion.
Post #: 7363
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/23/2024 6:57:41 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Oh, so that's what it is.

Stop with your woe is me crap. You pick your spots, instigate and dish it out as much as anyone else, then hide behind the victim cloak. You've done it for years.
Post #: 7364
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/23/2024 7:14:05 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Hey!

I hate KFC, and KOC for hanging off his jock, ruining youg talent, and KAM for sheer stupidity in the slim fits and loafers.. not to mention his major wiffs, in the draft, and his flat out refusing to tell KFC, Buh-bye..

The rest of you are just noise, at my party..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 7365
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/23/2024 7:15:31 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Where's Mallett?

Too funny.

Called out your blocking bs and here you are with the equivalent of a duck whistle.

I’ve enjoyed you using buzzwords from a post where I was being exceedingly facetious. Hammering on them guessing I’d feel bad.

I love this place but I stopped taking it so serious a while ago. I’d like peace but you’ll be you and I’ll be me probably. And you’re the instigator so you need to do better IWBH.

Nah, you're emotionally invested and totally serious about it. Case in point... that you just admitted: you (and only you) repeatedly calling me out on "blocking bs". Why does it matter to you? What caused you to think about and post "I'm gonna call him out"?

Time for yet another "He thinks he's smarter than anyone here" barb, eh Todd. As you've seen, I don't reply to such silly statements.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 1/23/2024 7:17:13 PM >
Post #: 7366
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/23/2024 7:55:40 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Off topic. T-minus "how long" until Diggs starts pissing and moaning or demands a trade?

I was thinking that last night as he got shut down like usual in the big game. He doesn't scream championship material to me.

Bill's are stuck with Diggs because he has big dead cap hits through 25. Not sure anyone would trade for that.

"Stef's, he's a No. 1 receiver. I firmly believe that, not wavering off of that," Beane said. "... Listen, we have to continue to put weapons out there to keep teams from bracketing him or, you know, locking him down in different ways to take him away. They know you are going to want him. Stef can still play, I'm sure he would love to have that deep ball again, he'd be the first to tell you. He's super competitive, he's going to work his tail off this offseason. I know there's various reasons or questions on this or his production, all that, but I still see Stef as a No. 1 receiver."

It was probably sincere and just semantics but...
- can still play (do we need convincing?)
- would love to have that deep ball again (why bring it up? Ouch.)
- still see Stef as a No. 1 receiver (is he close to falling to a No. 2?)
Post #: 7367
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/23/2024 9:35:09 PM  1 votes
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Interesting.

I mean other than, someone posting directly to one person [whoever that person is!] and that person [whoever that person is!] responds ...

He hardly changes the subject after no one responds to his first response to make himself feel better about it. But that may be beyond your grasp.

Post #: 7368
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/23/2024 10:24:25 PM  3 votes
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Interesting.

He hardly changes the subject after no one responds to his first response to make himself feel better about it. But that may be beyond your grasp.

Everything you post is beyond my grasp.

Or anybody else using reason.
Post #: 7369
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 12:00:54 AM   
JT2

The times are a changin'. Perhaps we need a safe space thread.

Until we have that, maybe just not read the shit that triggers you.

I'm pretty sure that Bill and Dan aren't my biggest fans, but I love reading what they have to say.
Post #: 7370
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 1:29:19 AM   
Todd M

Exactly to my point. Behaviours don’t need to change people need to toughen up, don’t look, or find a safe space.

Look I’ll be fine, even if certain posters jump on my balls for another 18 years but let’s not pretend it’s cool or acceptable.
Post #: 7371
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 3:14:01 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

I'm pretty sure that Bill and Dan aren't my biggest fans, but I love reading what they have to say.

My current “saddle burrs” are the people who think resigning KFC is the way forward..

KFC himself, KOC and his KFC only offense, KAM and his wishy washy “ day trader” draft strategy, and cap hell caused by the crap idea of extending “ fan Favorites.”.

I run hot and cold on Flores..

All it takes is watching him switch to a three man rush, out of a good scheme that has dominated a team, all game, for me to want his head on a platter.

3rd and 10 + when you have a tem on the ropes and a mile behind the sticks is not the time to drop 8 into coverage..

You FN pound them with what has put them there.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 1/24/2024 3:15:51 AM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 7372
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 7:30:13 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

My current “saddle burrs” are the people who think resigning KFC is the way forward..

KFC himself, KOC and his KFC only offense, KAM and his wishy washy “ day trader” draft strategy, and cap hell caused by the crap idea of extending “ fan Favorites.”.

I run hot and cold on Flores..

All it takes is watching him switch to a three man rush, out of a good scheme that has dominated a team, all game, for me to want his head on a platter.

3rd and 10 + when you have a tem on the ropes and a mile behind the sticks is not the time to drop 8 into coverage..

You FN pound them with what has put them there.

I had a bad feeling when the Bears took Poles out of the running, leaving us with Queasy. Poles did what had to be done and blew it up right away. Now the Bears are in axgreat position. When Queasy came in talking about a competitive rebuild, I knew that sustained mediocrity.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 7373
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 7:32:13 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Interesting.

Everything you post is beyond my grasp.

Or anybody else using reason.

Just keep following your leader Tom....we already see it.

You and Bill are sure good on the 2 on 1 fast break....

Post #: 7374
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 7:41:33 AM   
Ricky J

Times aren't changing that much with regard to this message board if your talking about the fighting. It's been going on since the Strib. What's changing is the numbers. Where'd they all go and why? I know. You even left for a long period of time Pete. Why? What else hasn't changed are people too weak to stand up to the bs (I didn't use the other b word bc people don't want to hear it?). You see it in schools on the playgrounds, in the locker rooms and what you get are people making excuses for it, endorsing it or just standing by with a [YAWN].
Once again, you're turning a blind eye if you think anyone around here needs a safe place. Some of you just need to do better
Post #: 7375
Page:   <<   < prev  293 294 [295] 296 297   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  293 294 [295] 296 297   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode