Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  294 295 [296] 297 298   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 7:45:57 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young
quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2
The times are a changin'. Perhaps we need a safe space thread.
Until we have that, maybe just not read the shit that triggers you.
I'm pretty sure that Bill and Dan aren't my biggest fans, but I love reading what they have to say.

My current “saddle burrs” are the people who think resigning KFC is the way forward..
KFC himself, KOC and his KFC only offense, KAM and his wishy washy “ day trader” draft strategy, and cap hell caused by the crap idea of extending “ fan Favorites.”.
I run hot and cold on Flores..
All it takes is watching him switch to a three man rush, out of a good scheme that has dominated a team, all game, for me to want his head on a platter.
3rd and 10 + when you have a tem on the ropes and a mile behind the sticks is not the time to drop 8 into coverage..
You FN pound them with what has put them there.

I still don't care what you say about Kirk.....we need 2 capable QBs. Mullens and Dobbs aren't it. Hall may or may not be a good 3rd.

You start the 2023 year with 2 capable QBs you make the playoffs. Again the last time we started the year with 2 capable QBs was Sam and Case.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 1/24/2024 7:47:47 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 7376
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 8:01:36 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

If he ridiculed the right to be a homosexual or a trans itd be a deal around here but going after people who believe in God is open season.

Interesting.

Right now I'm more concerned about whether the Vikings CB coach should be fired. Maybe it's the secondary coach, IDK.

3 posts in a row and no one engaging in your exchange....what should that tell you?

I mean other than, someone posting directly to one person [whoever that person is!] and that person [whoever that person is!] responds ...

what does it say to you nosy if nobody else jumps in [but you]?

He hardly changes the subject after no one responds to his first response to make himself feel better about it. But that may be beyond your grasp.

Everything you post is beyond my grasp.

Or anybody else using reason.

Guess he had to come up with something in order to butt in. As you said, the posts were to specific people. Moreover, he posted literally just five minutes after the last post (all three within the hour) and says no one is replying!
Post #: 7377
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 8:28:45 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

I'm pretty sure that Bill and Dan aren't my biggest fans, but I love reading what they have to say.

My current “saddle burrs” are the people who think resigning KFC is the way forward..

KFC himself, KOC and his KFC only offense, KAM and his wishy washy “ day trader” draft strategy, and cap hell caused by the crap idea of extending “ fan Favorites.”.

All it takes is watching him switch to a three man rush, out of a good scheme that has dominated a team, all game, for me to want his head on a platter.

3rd and 10 + when you have a tem on the ropes and a mile behind the sticks is not the time to drop 8 into coverage..

Everybody has their opinion of Cousins. It's like politics... if you are still 'undecided' one has to wonder about an individuals thought process. But when Cousins' record is brought up, football discussion stops and the defensive and snarky posts begin. Then comes the he is a bully, woe is me stuff. Pure projection.

How about instead of defensive posts, we see some research showing, for example, how Cousins thrives under pressure.

Anyway Dan, brace yourself for a one-year deal if Cousins can't find any suitors. If it's a very low cap number, so be it. If it's 30 million, ahhhhh. Hope Kwesi moves on from Cousins, but Kwesi himself is the bigger issue. After two years I give him a C-/D+. It would be worse but he has been hamstrung with the cap.
Post #: 7378
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 8:52:01 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Everybody has their opinion of Cousins. It's like politics... if you are still 'undecided' one has to wonder about an individuals thought process. But when Cousins' record is brought up, football discussion stops and the defensive and snarky posts begin. Then comes the he is a bully, woe is me stuff. Pure projection.

How about instead of defensive posts, we see some research showing, for example, how Cousins thrives under pressure.

Anyway Dan, brace yourself for a one-year deal if Cousins can't find any suitors. If it's a very low cap number, so be it. If it's 30 million, ahhhhh. Hope Kwesi moves on from Cousins, but Kwesi himself is the bigger issue. After two years I give him a C-/D+. It would be worse but he has been hamstrung with the cap.

Josh Allen is 5-5 in the playoffs and the questions are arising on whether or not he can get it done. The criticisms of Cousins are more than fair at this point.
Post #: 7379
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 8:52:42 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

The “ safethread” attempt was tried.. by me.. when we signed Favrey.. and the very first post I made was to tell his fans to stay the hell out or don’t make pro- Favrey posts…

you know how that worked out..

Phil was one of the first in.. getting REAMED , by me and others..for swinging on the jock of Brett Favre.

I was not alone, in my disgust at signing a packer icon.

Just like I an not alone in being done with KFC…

But that thread got shut down..
And deleted..

By you know who…

A certain self righteous moderator..

I’ve been reamed for wanting to give other draft pick QB’s a chance..

I was one of many who found Josh Dobbs a COMPLETE REFERSHMENT, untill he was coached into a pocket passer..and his turnovers started causing losses..

Fn KFC is trash.. a waste of time and money,

And I WILL. be pissed and BITCH about him being extended for any amount, for any length of time..

Because….You and everyone else knows he is gonna want guaranteed, cap suckin million on top of the 1/4 BILLION, he has already been contractually paid.

For being MEDIOCRE.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 1/24/2024 8:54:20 AM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 7380
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 8:59:33 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

Right and what do you do? Why do you bring up God as much as you do regarding Cousins if it's not to stick it to people? If it's not to get under their skin because of their choices or to rub it in what is it?. You do that a lot and then you write a post like above to deflect.

Hey, I can stop at anytime. I want peace, too. But picking on people for pleasure is not something I'm equipped to let slide
Post #: 7381
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 9:05:22 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

Right and what do you do? Why do you bring up God as much as you do regarding Cousins if it's not to stick it to people? If it's not to get under their skin because of their choices or to rub it in what is it?. You do that a lot and then you write a post like above to deflect.

Hey, I can stop at anytime. I want peace, too. But picking on people for pleasure is not something I'm equipped to let slide

I see Dan bringing up God a lot with regards to Cousins and you don't seem to say much. Just an observation.
Post #: 7382
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 9:07:26 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If he ridiculed the right to be a homosexual or a trans itd be a deal around here but going after people who believe in God is open season.

Interesting.

Right now I'm more concerned about whether the Vikings CB coach should be fired. Maybe it's the secondary coach, IDK.

3 posts in a row and no one engaging in your exchange....what should that tell you?

I mean other than, someone posting directly to one person [whoever that person is!] and that person [whoever that person is!] responds ...

He hardly changes the subject after no one responds to his first response to make himself feel better about it. But that may be beyond your grasp.

Just keep following your leader Tom....we already see it.

You and Bill are sure good on the 2 on 1 fast break....

Yeah thanks but I'll keep posting to and about whoever I please.

Which includes toying with you.

Next!
Post #: 7383
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 9:07:45 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

You are the one being offended by others trashing his faith.

I do it..

And since he is the face of the franchise and publicly comments on his connection to his personal beliefs, it is open season…

I really do not think KFC.. cares..what mere fans or others think of him..

He used “ faith” to justify endangering others and missing games by refusing “ for personal faith and belief reasons, “ to get a Covid shot.

That makes him an idiot.

QED.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 7384
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 9:21:30 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

The “ safethread” attempt was tried.. by me.. when we signed Favrey.. and the very first post I made was to tell his fans to stay the hell out or don’t make pro- Favrey posts…
Phil was one of the first in.. getting REAMED , by me and others..for swinging on the jock of Brett Favre.
And deleted..
By you know who…
I was one of many who found Josh Dobbs a COMPLETE REFERSHMENT, untill he was coached into a pocket passer..and his turnovers started causing losses..
And I WILL. be pissed and BITCH about him being extended for any amount, for any length of time..
Because….You and everyone else knows he is gonna want guaranteed, cap suckin million on top of the 1/4 BILLION, he has already been contractually paid.
For being MEDIOCRE.

Weird how he got us the the NFC championship game and almost to a Super Bowl. Favre signing is same reason many were happy with Case and many are happy with Kirk. They are CAPABLE QBs.

Dobbs is not one and neither is Mullens for but a game or 2.

GET 2. Remember why Denny always got into the playoffs with horrible defenses? He always had 2 capable QBs.

Your eyes are focused on the wrong thing and you post about it constantly.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 1/24/2024 9:22:40 AM >

Post #: 7385
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 9:23:33 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

And deleted..
By you know who…
For being MEDIOCRE.

Weird how he got us the the NFC championship game and almost to a Super Bowl. Favre signing is same reason many were happy with Case and many are happy with Kirk. They are CAPABLE QBs.

GET 2. Remember why Denny always got into the playoffs with horrible defenses? He always had 2 capable QBs.

I don't recall Cousins getting us close to the NFCCG. The Niners killed us in the divisional.
Post #: 7386
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 9:23:56 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Interesting.

Just keep following your leader Tom....we already see it.

You and Bill are sure good on the 2 on 1 fast break....

Yeah thanks but I'll keep posting to and about whoever I please.

Which includes toying with you.

Next!

Normally you try to be witty throw a behind the back pass and you two miss the shot on the 2 on 1.....

Post #: 7387
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 9:24:28 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

And deleted..
By you know who…
For being MEDIOCRE.

I don't recall Cousins getting us close to the NFCCG. The Niners killed us in the divisional.

The post was about Favre.

Post #: 7388
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 9:28:23 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Let me repeat for you. A small percentage of my posts are about God and when they happen it is almost assuredly about something Cousins said about the Lord with a few zingers thrown in like should he be working on Sunday. I find it odd and pretty messed up that he uses God to determine his contract parameters. Again, overall I post a LOT more about other aspects of the team but your fixation doesn't allow you to see that.

You post (people, their skin) as if everyone is up in arms about this. Look at this objectively. It's about you. You are obsessed with this God angle. And you stated the board in general basically looks a blind eye towards it as opposed to bashing a trans or whatever you called them. You have a bigger issue here with religion and I'm the conduit. So be it. And you no doubt have a personal animosity. Just admit it.

Block me. Or as you say don't let it slide. Makes no diff.

A post to deflect? Oh, you mean a football related post?? I apologize for going back to football. One of those damned if I do, damned if I don't things. Let me know what you want me to post about so as to control the narrative. I'll run your answer by my sycophant.
Post #: 7389
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 9:28:41 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And deleted..
By you know who…
For being MEDIOCRE.

Kirk has 1 playoff win. He shouldn't even be mentioned on the same level. As I've said Allen has 5 playoff wins and questions are mounting. The criticism of Cousins is absolutely justified even of you love the guy. Which I have no problem with btw.
Post #: 7390
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 9:31:07 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I see Dan bringing up God a lot with regards to Cousins and you don't seem to say much. Just an observation.

Noticed that too. It's because he has a personal envy.

Actually that's where I first learned about Cousins saying what he did. And someone posting about Cousins being chased by Egyptians and parting the Red Sea.
Post #: 7391
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 9:32:48 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And deleted..
By you know who…
For being MEDIOCRE.

Kirk has 1 playoff win. He shouldn't even be mentioned on the same level. As I've said Allen has 5 playoff wins and questions are mounting. The criticism of Cousins is absolutely justified even of you love the guy. Which I have no problem with btw.

Playoff wins have something to do with Kirk but not everything. Which of our teams were setup to win it all? Easy to blame Kirk. The point again for the offseason is if you have Flores at DC and 2 capable QBs with this offense you will have a chance next year. It doesn't have to be Kirk....THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT.

Post #: 7392
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 9:34:33 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And deleted..
By you know who…
For being MEDIOCRE.

Playoff wins have something to do with Kirk but not everything. Which of our teams were setup to win it all? Easy to blame Kirk. The point again for the offseason is if you have Flores at DC and 2 capable QBs with this offense you will have a chance next year. It doesn't have to be Kirk....THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT.

I don't discount your point but I seem to remember us being "a qb away" when we went from Case to Kirk. While I think he's a decent qb I don't think he's near as good as he's being paid.
Post #: 7393
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 9:35:32 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

Totally agreed on the need to have 2 capable QBs Phil! I would love to be comfortable with the backup if needed.
Post #: 7394
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 9:42:03 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And deleted..
By you know who…
For being MEDIOCRE.

I don't discount your point but I seem to remember us being "a qb away" when we went from Case to Kirk. While I think he's a decent qb I don't think he's near as good as he's being paid.

Look back on history of how we did with 2 capable QBs on the roster (even when the 2nd didn't play all year). There is something there when practicing and preparation. Not only games.

Don't get sucked into the Kirk talk....that is all some have to post.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 1/24/2024 9:44:45 AM >

Post #: 7395
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 9:45:45 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Any team wants two capable QBs. That is a throwaway statement. The issue is whether one should be paid $30+ million a year when his playoff track record suggests... well basically he has no playoff track record after 12 years.
Post #: 7396
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 9:49:33 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Any team wants two capable QBs. That is a throwaway statement. The issue is whether one should be paid $30+ million a year when his playoff track record suggests... well basically he has no playoff track record after 12 years.

More your issue than a issue. What % of your posts are about Kirk?

Post #: 7397
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 9:50:19 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Further, the issue is whether ANY veteran QB should be paid $30+ million a year based on the cap at this time and the rest of the roster. The same debate would exist about someone like Russell Wilson (except he has achieved the remarkable/improbable in stringing together two consecutive playoff wins).
Post #: 7398
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 9:53:31 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

Further, the issue is whether ANY veteran QB should be paid $30+ million a year based on the cap at this time and the rest of the roster. The same debate would exist about someone like Russell Wilson (except he has achieved the remarkable/improbable in stringing together two consecutive playoff wins).

True. I'd stick to the younger guys on their first contract so we don't get stuck like we are now. Dead money for days that will take a couple years to fix and that's only if we address it now.
Post #: 7399
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 9:54:50 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And deleted..
By you know who…
For being MEDIOCRE.

Look back on history of how we did with 2 capable QBs on the roster (even when the 2nd didn't play all year). There is something there when practicing and preparation. Not only games.

Don't get sucked into the Kirk talk....that is all some have to post.

Nobody that follows football and even a few that don’t understand that two QBs, a legit starter and a solid backup, are ideal. Yes,certainly with Spielman the backup role changed to a support role instead of a competitive role.

2 decent QBs has nothing to do with the ongoing conversation. You make it sound like you cracked a code or something.
Post #: 7400
Page:   <<   < prev  294 295 [296] 297 298   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  294 295 [296] 297 298   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode