Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  295 296 [297] 298 299   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 9:57:36 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young
The “ safethread” attempt was tried.. by me.. when we signed Favrey.. and the very first post I made was to tell his fans to stay the hell out or don’t make pro- Favrey posts…
you know how that worked out..
Phil was one of the first in.. getting REAMED , by me and others..for swinging on the jock of Brett Favre.
I was not alone, in my disgust at signing a packer icon.
Just like I an not alone in being done with KFC…
But that thread got shut down..
And deleted..
By you know who…
A certain self righteous moderator..
I’ve been reamed for wanting to give other draft pick QB’s a chance..
I was one of many who found Josh Dobbs a COMPLETE REFERSHMENT, untill he was coached into a pocket passer..and his turnovers started causing losses..
Fn KFC is trash.. a waste of time and money,
And I WILL. be pissed and BITCH about him being extended for any amount, for any length of time..
Because….You and everyone else knows he is gonna want guaranteed, cap suckin million on top of the 1/4 BILLION, he has already been contractually paid.
For being MEDIOCRE.

Weird how he got us the the NFC championship game and almost to a Super Bowl. Favre signing is same reason many were happy with Case and many are happy with Kirk. They are CAPABLE QBs.

Dobbs is not one and neither is Mullens for but a game or 2.

GET 2. Remember why Denny always got into the playoffs with horrible defenses? He always had 2 capable QBs.

Your eyes are focused on the wrong thing and you post about it constantly.

I don't recall Cousins getting us close to the NFCCG. The Niners killed us in the divisional.

The post was about Favre.

Kirk has 1 playoff win. He shouldn't even be mentioned on the same level. As I've said Allen has 5 playoff wins and questions are mounting. The criticism of Cousins is absolutely justified even of you love the guy. Which I have no problem with btw.

Playoff wins have something to do with Kirk but not everything. Which of our teams were setup to win it all? Easy to blame Kirk. The point again for the offseason is if you have Flores at DC and 2 capable QBs with this offense you will have a chance next year. It doesn't have to be Kirk....THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT.

I don't discount your point but I seem to remember us being "a qb away" when we went from Case to Kirk. While I think he's a decent qb I don't think he's near as good as he's being paid.

Look back on history of how we did with 2 capable QBs on the roster (even when the 2nd didn't play all year). There is something there when practicing and preparation. Not only games.

Don't get sucked into the Kirk talk....that is all some have to post.

Nobody that follows football and even a few that don’t understand that two QBs, a legit starter and a solid backup, are ideal. Yes,certainly with Spielman the backup role changed to a support role instead of a competitive role.

2 decent QBs has nothing to do with the ongoing conversation. You make it sound like you cracked a code or something.

Which conversation? Just yours and Bills?

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 7401
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 10:01:34 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The “ safethread” attempt was tried.. by me.. when we signed Favrey.. and the very first post I made was to tell his fans to stay the hell out or don’t make pro- Favrey posts…
Phil was one of the first in.. getting REAMED , by me and others..for swinging on the jock of Brett Favre.
And deleted..
By you know who…
I was one of many who found Josh Dobbs a COMPLETE REFERSHMENT, untill he was coached into a pocket passer..and his turnovers started causing losses..
And I WILL. be pissed and BITCH about him being extended for any amount, for any length of time..
Because….You and everyone else knows he is gonna want guaranteed, cap suckin million on top of the 1/4 BILLION, he has already been contractually paid.
For being MEDIOCRE.

Weird how he got us the the NFC championship game and almost to a Super Bowl. Favre signing is same reason many were happy with Case and many are happy with Kirk. They are CAPABLE QBs.

GET 2. Remember why Denny always got into the playoffs with horrible defenses? He always had 2 capable QBs.

I don't recall Cousins getting us close to the NFCCG. The Niners killed us in the divisional.

Kirk has 1 playoff win. He shouldn't even be mentioned on the same level. As I've said Allen has 5 playoff wins and questions are mounting. The criticism of Cousins is absolutely justified even of you love the guy. Which I have no problem with btw.

Playoff wins have something to do with Kirk but not everything. Which of our teams were setup to win it all? Easy to blame Kirk. The point again for the offseason is if you have Flores at DC and 2 capable QBs with this offense you will have a chance next year. It doesn't have to be Kirk....THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT.

I don't discount your point but I seem to remember us being "a qb away" when we went from Case to Kirk. While I think he's a decent qb I don't think he's near as good as he's being paid.

Look back on history of how we did with 2 capable QBs on the roster (even when the 2nd didn't play all year). There is something there when practicing and preparation. Not only games.

Nobody that follows football and even a few that don’t understand that two QBs, a legit starter and a solid backup, are ideal. Yes,certainly with Spielman the backup role changed to a support role instead of a competitive role.

2 decent QBs has nothing to do with the ongoing conversation. You make it sound like you cracked a code or something.

Rather than look to see the underlying issue(s) let alone debate the whole point, he'll reply about a 2 on 1 fastbreak and bask in the glow of cracking the entire case wide open.
Post #: 7402
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 10:06:26 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And deleted..
By you know who…
For being MEDIOCRE.

Rather than look to see the underlying issue(s) let alone debate the whole point, he'll reply about a 2 on 1 fastbreak and bask in the glow of cracking the entire case wide open.

Richard and I were discussing something different than your opinion as was Mark and I. I guess you two true dectectives can reminisce about past posts.

Post #: 7403
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 10:16:49 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Further, the issue is whether ANY veteran QB should be paid $30+ million a year based on the cap at this time and the rest of the roster. The same debate would exist about someone like Russell Wilson (except he has achieved the remarkable/improbable in stringing together two consecutive playoff wins).

Actually Russell Wilson may be in a different thread possibly (than a $30+ signing). Offset language in his contract may allow a team to sign him for the Vet Minimum (if he is cut).

Post #: 7404
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 10:49:50 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Curious as to how and why Phil inserted himself into this and went on the attack. Surely I must have provoked him, so reviewed recent posts.

How: 3 posts in a row and no one engaging in your exchange....what should that tell you? The initial post. Unprovoked, just out of the blue.

Why: He's a lone wolf with sycophant envy.

To his credit, he takes it well and doesn't play the victim card.
Post #: 7405
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 11:00:19 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2
The times are a changin'. Perhaps we need a safe space thread.
Until we have that, maybe just not read the shit that triggers you.
I'm pretty sure that Bill and Dan aren't my biggest fans, but I love reading what they have to say.

My current “saddle burrs” are the people who think resigning KFC is the way forward..
KFC himself, KOC and his KFC only offense, KAM and his wishy washy “ day trader” draft strategy, and cap hell caused by the crap idea of extending “ fan Favorites.”.
I run hot and cold on Flores..
All it takes is watching him switch to a three man rush, out of a good scheme that has dominated a team, all game, for me to want his head on a platter.
3rd and 10 + when you have a tem on the ropes and a mile behind the sticks is not the time to drop 8 into coverage..
You FN pound them with what has put them there.

I still don't care what you say about Kirk.....we need 2 capable QBs. Mullens and Dobbs aren't it. Hall may or may not be a good 3rd.

You start the 2023 year with 2 capable QBs you make the playoffs. Again the last time we started the year with 2 capable QBs was Sam and Case.

But even that was an accident.

Case was not seen as a capable QB. At least not a guy that you would expect to be able to win games for you. We signed him for 2M. With only 1M guaranteed.

The fact that he caught lightning in a bottle (until he didn't) for a stretch of games was a fluke, not a plan.

And he immediately returned to being Case Keenum the next season.

< Message edited by David Levine -- 1/24/2024 11:01:45 AM >
Post #: 7406
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 11:06:29 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

Curious as to how and why Phil inserted himself into this and went on the attack. Surely I must have provoked him, so reviewed recent posts.

How: 3 posts in a row and no one engaging in your exchange....what should that tell you? The initial post. Unprovoked, just out of the blue.

Victim card?

I'm not a victim. Don't feel like one, either.

I'm calling it as I see it and am not the least bit phased by you or your game. Send me a pm, let me know where we can have a cup of coffee someday - i get around. You are the one person I'd like to meet in person. I bet we'd getting along just fine.

Carry on!
Post #: 7407
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 11:06:54 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Shirley you are mistaken. Just stated the obvious on the qb take. Maybe the obvious take is the less emotional one.....which you don't seem to want.

Post #: 7408
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 11:08:57 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2
The times are a changin'. Perhaps we need a safe space thread.
Until we have that, maybe just not read the shit that triggers you.
I'm pretty sure that Bill and Dan aren't my biggest fans, but I love reading what they have to say.

My current “saddle burrs” are the people who think resigning KFC is the way forward..
KFC himself, KOC and his KFC only offense, KAM and his wishy washy “ day trader” draft strategy, and cap hell caused by the crap idea of extending “ fan Favorites.”.
I run hot and cold on Flores..
All it takes is watching him switch to a three man rush, out of a good scheme that has dominated a team, all game, for me to want his head on a platter.
3rd and 10 + when you have a tem on the ropes and a mile behind the sticks is not the time to drop 8 into coverage..
You FN pound them with what has put them there.

I still don't care what you say about Kirk.....we need 2 capable QBs. Mullens and Dobbs aren't it. Hall may or may not be a good 3rd.

You start the 2023 year with 2 capable QBs you make the playoffs. Again the last time we started the year with 2 capable QBs was Sam and Case.

But even that was an accident.

Case was not seen as a capable QB. At least not a guy that you would expect to be able to win games for you. We signed him for 2M. With only 1M guaranteed.

The fact that he caught lightning in a bottle (until he didn't) for a stretch of games was a fluke, not a plan.

And he immediately returned to being Case Keenum the next season.

Lets make it a plan then....it always seemed to be Dennys plan.

Post #: 7409
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 11:25:24 AM   
David Levine

I'm more concerned with getting one good option.

Then we can worry about the #2 guy.
Post #: 7410
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 11:31:17 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

Victim card?

I'm not a victim. Don't feel like one, either.

I'm calling it as I see it and am not the least bit phased by you or your game. Send me a pm, let me know where we can have a cup of coffee someday - i get around. You are the one person I'd like to meet in person. I bet we'd getting along just fine.

Carry on!

That sounds about right for you.
Post #: 7411
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 11:54:07 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Got to thinking (always a dangerous thing), Cousins' record aside it's not so much paying him or another QB $30-35 million as it is postulating about the broader picture.

It sort of first involves the cap and the roster. There are about six starters headed for free agency. IMO, getting on the right side of the cap ledger will allow the team to begin to lay the foundation for phase two of the rebuild (phase one being jettisoning the bloated contracts). We can roll over cap to help strike when needed. It will allow signing higher quality free agents. It will be less painful to extend JJ and Darrisaw.

The offense is miles ahead of the defense, needing IOL and WR3. And of course QB, and all this implies one will be drafted and will pan out. The defense is another story.

Going further, what is the regime's plan?

Some may believe we can go along as normal, and that we can afford a large QB contract, extend the big money guys, and pay big for some top tier FA talent to augment an already solid roster. Conversely, I don't believe we have much talent on defense plus Flores has been figured out. Nor can we afford first-wave FA talent if we sign a pricy QB. Paying big bucks to a QB will lead to the same bargain bin FA acquisitions.

And overall, Kwesi has to hit on the draft
Post #: 7412
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 12:02:14 PM   
Bill Johanesen

A couple of adages that could apply well to free agency this year:

Inaction is action.
Less is more.

Credit Card Kwesi may not agree.
Post #: 7413
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 12:24:33 PM  2 votes
Mark Anderson

quote:

You are the one being offended by others trashing his faith.

I do it..

And since he is the face of the franchise and publicly comments on his connection to his personal beliefs, it is open season…

I really do not think KFC.. cares..what mere fans or others think of him..

He used “ faith” to justify endangering others and missing games by refusing “ for personal faith and belief reasons, “ to get a Covid shot.

That makes him an idiot.

QED.

There are actual people that still believe the shot prevented the spread of covid.
Post #: 7414
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 12:26:49 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

Shirley you are mistaken
. Just stated the obvious on the qb take. Maybe the obvious take is the less emotional one.....which you don't seem to want.

Come on, Bill. There is a great "Airplane" quote waiting to be typed.
Post #: 7415
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 1:21:02 PM   
Tom Sykes

(pointing his finger) Squirrel!!!

Minnesota Vikings@Vikings·
Jan 23

The #Vikings have signed CB A.J. Green III (@AjGofor6) to a Reserve/Future Free Agent contract.

"Green signed with the Browns as an undrafted free agent out of Oklahoma State after the 2020 NFL draft. He would then become a staple on the active roster for three years, where he even contributed and started games for the Browns. He racked up two career interceptions in that time. This year, however, he did not make the active roster and was signed back to the practice squad after he cleared waivers." https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2024/01/23/browns-aj-green-iii-goodbye-vikings/
Post #: 7416
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 1:24:33 PM   
beo

quote:

quote:

Further, the issue is whether ANY veteran QB should be paid $30+ million a year based on the cap at this time and the rest of the roster. The same debate would exist about someone like Russell Wilson (except he has achieved the remarkable/improbable in stringing together two consecutive playoff wins).

Actually Russell Wilson may be in a different thread possibly (than a $30+ signing). Offset language in his contract may allow a team to sign him for the Vet Minimum (if he is cut).

I'd be pretty ok with Russ as a bridge qb...

1) You can sign him for nothing (Broncos end up paying his 30+ mil)
It sort of balances out the stupid KC dead money
2) Draft a qb in the 2nd if qbs go 1,2,3 in the draft and let him learn under Russ
3) Unlikely, but slight chance he could capture lightning in a bottle
4) I think he is good enough (can win games) to not have JJ demand a trade

Downside is he is a bit nutso.
Maybe his Denver experience made him realize to reel it in a bit... but probaby not.

(sorry to interject football talk on this public fued site... )

< Message edited by beo -- 1/24/2024 1:25:52 PM >
Post #: 7417
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 1:28:32 PM  1 votes
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

I do it..

And since he is the face of the franchise and publicly comments on his connection to his personal beliefs, it is open season…

He used “ faith” to justify endangering others and missing games by refusing “ for personal faith and belief reasons, “ to get a Covid shot.

That makes him an idiot.

QED.

There are actual people that still believe the shot prevented the spread of covid.

The amount and vocalness of people with no clue how the human immune system and what a vaccine is actually for, far outweighs the ones who paid attention in biology classes in school.

No child left behind.. perfect attendance, but bad grades and no understanding of class content?
You!! ..get a participation trophy anyway.. next!!

Gotta stay with the herd of sheepeople..

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 1/24/2024 1:32:22 PM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 7418
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 1:31:48 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

Shirley you are mistaken
. Just stated the obvious on the qb take. Maybe the obvious take is the less emotional one.....which you don't seem to want.

Come on, Bill. There is a great "Airplane" quote waiting to be typed.

What a great 2+ minutes... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixljWVyPby0
Post #: 7419
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 2:18:21 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

quote:

I'd be pretty ok with Russ as a bridge qb...

1) You can sign him for nothing (Broncos end up paying his 30+ mil)
It sort of balances out the stupid KC dead money
2) Draft a qb in the 2nd if qbs go 1,2,3 in the draft and let him learn under Russ
3) Unlikely, but slight chance he could capture lightning in a bottle
4) I think he is good enough (can win games) to not have JJ demand a trade

Downside is he is a bit nutso.
Maybe his Denver experience made him realize to reel it in a bit... but probaby not.

(sorry to interject football talk on this public fued site... )

I kind of want to sign Rudolph. We know Wilson is past his prime but we don't know if Rudolph could possibly be a QBOTF.

Rudolph plus 1st rounder gives you 2 chances instead of one.
Post #: 7420
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 2:19:33 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

I do it..

That makes him an idiot.
The amount and vocalness of people with no clue how the human immune system and what a vaccine is actually for, far outweighs the oneThe amount and vocalness of people with no clue how the human immune system and what a vaccine is actually for, far outweighs the ones who paid attention in biology classes in school.

No child left behind.. perfect attendance, but bad grades and no understanding of class content?

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 1/24/2024 2:20:57 PM >
Post #: 7421
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 2:22:29 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

I do it..

That makes him an idiot.

QED.

The amount and vocalness of people with no clue how the human immune system and what a vaccine is actually for, far outweighs the ones who paid attention in biology classes in school.

Save the rantings for Biden. He was the one spouting BS a couple years after covid began.
Post #: 7422
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 2:34:19 PM  1 votes
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I do it..

That makes him an idiot.

QED.

Save the rantings for Biden. He was the one spouting BS a couple years after covid began.

Mark your PM Inbox is full...

Post #: 7423
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 2:36:23 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

I do it..

That makes him an idiot.

QED.

Let's ask Fauci...he backtracks pretty fast for his age....

Post #: 7424
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 2:41:52 PM   
Trekgeekscott

Politics people? really?

There are threads for that. Let's keep this one for football.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 7425
Page:   <<   < prev  295 296 [297] 298 299   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  295 296 [297] 298 299   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode