Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  296 297 [298] 299 300   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 2:44:39 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

You are the one being offended by others trashing his faith.

I do it..

And since he is the face of the franchise and publicly comments on his connection to his personal beliefs, it is open season…

I really do not think KFC.. cares..what mere fans or others think of him..

He used “ faith” to justify endangering others and missing games by refusing “ for personal faith and belief reasons, “ to get a Covid shot.

That makes him an idiot.

QED.

There are actual people that still believe the shot prevented the spread of covid.

The amount and vocalness of people with no clue how the human immune system and what a vaccine is actually for, far outweighs the ones who paid attention in biology classes in school.

No child left behind.. perfect attendance, but bad grades and no understanding of class content?
You!! ..get a participation trophy anyway.. next!!

Gotta stay with the herd of sheepeople..

Save the rantings for Biden. He was the one spouting BS a couple years after covid began.

Mark your PM Inbox is full...

I doubt it. 1 on 1 isn't their style.
Post #: 7426
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 2:50:30 PM   
Phil Riewer

You are misunderstanding...
I sent you a PM and got this:

Undeliverable PM: Mark Anderson's PM storage is full

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 7427
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 2:51:01 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

You are misunderstanding...
I sent you a PM and got this:

Undeliverable PM: Mark Anderson's PM storage is full

Post #: 7428
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 3:10:40 PM   
Mark C. Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

This place is dumber than it has to be.

It’s harder to post here regularly and feel good about it than it should be.

The simple truth is bullies like to bully, some people are more sensitive to it, whether they’re the subject to the bullying or the observer, and the masses want it to disappear. To the point they’d just as soon rag on the complaints of the bullying while letting the bullying go if goes wo complaint. Path of least resistance.

I've just started posting and even then just a little bit. I've followed the site for a long time though. I don't intend to respond to personal criticism of me from any poster. It's not why I'm interested in participating in this site. I find that the posters on here provide me with insight into my favorite football team and I truly appreciate that. Just an observation from a long time "lurker", but I typically skip past all of the personal give and take between the posters as it doesn't interest me. I just thought I'd throw that out there that what brings me and, I assume others, to this site is to get information and debate about our team.
Post #: 7429
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 3:13:45 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

Politics people? really?

There are threads for that. Let's keep this one for football.

Right. The word Covid was tossed out, I tried to divert to football with a camp body signing today.

Didnt stand a chance.
Post #: 7430
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 3:18:03 PM   
Mark C. Johnson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

The times are a changin'. Perhaps we need a safe space thread.

Until we have that, maybe just not read the shit that triggers you.

I'm pretty sure that Bill and Dan aren't my biggest fans, but I love reading what they have to say.

My current “saddle burrs” are the people who think resigning KFC is the way forward..

KFC himself, KOC and his KFC only offense, KAM and his wishy washy “ day trader” draft strategy, and cap hell caused by the crap idea of extending “ fan Favorites.”.

I run hot and cold on Flores..

All it takes is watching him switch to a three man rush, out of a good scheme that has dominated a team, all game, for me to want his head on a platter.

3rd and 10 + when you have a tem on the ropes and a mile behind the sticks is not the time to drop 8 into coverage..

You FN pound them with what has put them there.

I run hot and cold on Flores too. Is it me or does his defense seem prone to give up huge chunk plays either by someone missing an assignment or simply over aggressive leaving an area of the field uncovered? If he stays with the team, I'd like to see more consistency from the defense and minimizing those big game changing chunk plays.

I see no point in resigning Cousins. Being "competitive" isn't a goal for me as a Vikings fan. Winning the Super Bowl is and Cousins isn't the guy to make that happen in my opinion.
Post #: 7431
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 3:20:10 PM   
Mark C. Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

I'm pretty sure that Bill and Dan aren't my biggest fans, but I love reading what they have to say.

My current “saddle burrs” are the people who think resigning KFC is the way forward..

KFC himself, KOC and his KFC only offense, KAM and his wishy washy “ day trader” draft strategy, and cap hell caused by the crap idea of extending “ fan Favorites.”.

All it takes is watching him switch to a three man rush, out of a good scheme that has dominated a team, all game, for me to want his head on a platter.

3rd and 10 + when you have a tem on the ropes and a mile behind the sticks is not the time to drop 8 into coverage..

I had a bad feeling when the Bears took Poles out of the running, leaving us with Queasy. Poles did what had to be done and blew it up right away. Now the Bears are in axgreat position. When Queasy came in talking about a competitive rebuild, I knew that sustained mediocrity.

I too would have preferred to have Poles over Kwesi. Poles has done a good job so far...he has to hit it out the park in the upcoming draft to take advantage of the moves that he has made. But, he has set the Bears up to really improve over the next couple of years. I can't say the same about Kwesi...for the first time in a very long time I feel the team is adrift without a plan.
Post #: 7432
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 3:23:29 PM   
Mark C. Johnson

quote:

quote:

quote:

I still don't care what you say about Kirk.....we need 2 capable QBs. Mullens and Dobbs aren't it. Hall may or may not be a good 3rd.

You start the 2023 year with 2 capable QBs you make the playoffs. Again the last time we started the year with 2 capable QBs was Sam and Case.

I agree that you need two capable QBs. Obviously, the starter is superior to the backup but since it's likely the backup will get important playing time it's best not to have a Mullens be that backup. Honestly, in my opinion the Vikings do not currently have any quarterbacks on the team. I know that they technically do, but in reality they do not. The cupboard is bare.
Post #: 7433
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 3:33:16 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark C. Johnson

quote:

quote:

I run hot and cold on Flores too. Is it me or does his defense seem prone to give up huge chunk plays either by someone missing an assignment or simply over aggressive leaving an area of the field uncovered? If he stays with the team, I'd like to see more consistency from the defense and minimizing those big game changing chunk plays.

I see no point in resigning Cousins. Being "competitive" isn't a goal for me as a Vikings fan. Winning the Super Bowl is and Cousins isn't the guy to make that happen in my opinion.

For a while there Flores was the Great Oz pulling all sorts of levers... Blitz 7... Drop back 8. Alas, there is only so much a DC can do to overcome a lack of talent. And as you point out, are there issues due to missed assignments or over aggressiveness? There were a couple of injuries, but it's not like he lost 2-3 Pro Bowlers.

He tried. And after a while there were enough tendencies for the opposition to analyze and plan for. Flores could have countered, but by doing what?
Post #: 7434
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 3:34:06 PM   
Mark C. Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The “ safethread” attempt was tried.. by me.. when we signed Favrey.. and the very first post I made was to tell his fans to stay the hell out or don’t make pro- Favrey posts…
you know how that worked out..
Phil was one of the first in.. getting REAMED , by me and others..for swinging on the jock of Brett Favre.
I was not alone, in my disgust at signing a packer icon.
Just like I an not alone in being done with KFC…
But that thread got shut down..
And deleted..
By you know who…
A certain self righteous moderator..
I’ve been reamed for wanting to give other draft pick QB’s a chance..
I was one of many who found Josh Dobbs a COMPLETE REFERSHMENT, untill he was coached into a pocket passer..and his turnovers started causing losses..
Fn KFC is trash.. a waste of time and money,
And I WILL. be pissed and BITCH about him being extended for any amount, for any length of time..
Because….You and everyone else knows he is gonna want guaranteed, cap suckin million on top of the 1/4 BILLION, he has already been contractually paid.
For being MEDIOCRE.

Weird how he got us the the NFC championship game and almost to a Super Bowl. Favre signing is same reason many were happy with Case and many are happy with Kirk. They are CAPABLE QBs.

Dobbs is not one and neither is Mullens for but a game or 2.

GET 2. Remember why Denny always got into the playoffs with horrible defenses? He always had 2 capable QBs.

Your eyes are focused on the wrong thing and you post about it constantly.

I don't recall Cousins getting us close to the NFCCG. The Niners killed us in the divisional.

The post was about Favre.

Kirk has 1 playoff win. He shouldn't even be mentioned on the same level. As I've said Allen has 5 playoff wins and questions are mounting. The criticism of Cousins is absolutely justified even of you love the guy. Which I have no problem with btw.

Obviously, there is no comparison between Cousins and Allen. Allen is clearly the superior QB. Having said that, Allen is going to continue to be critized until he at least gets his team to the Super Bowl...that's just the reality of life as an NFL QB. There are lots of very good QB's that never won a SB, but if Allen wants to join the club of the truly elite QB's in NFL history he's going to have to AT LEAST play in a SB. Cousins has no shot at the SB...he just isnt' good enough to get his team there. He's had 12 years. Let him fail with some other team moving forward.
Post #: 7435
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 3:36:34 PM   
Mark C. Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Any team wants two capable QBs. That is a throwaway statement. The issue is whether one should be paid $30+ million a year when his playoff track record suggests... well basically he has no playoff track record after 12 years.

I'll go on record to say that the team should not resign Cousins. He had his chance. He failed. Time to move on.
Post #: 7436
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 3:41:22 PM   
Mark C. Johnson

quote:

quote:

Further, the issue is whether ANY veteran QB should be paid $30+ million a year based on the cap at this time and the rest of the roster. The same debate would exist about someone like Russell Wilson (except he has achieved the remarkable/improbable in stringing together two consecutive playoff wins).

Actually Russell Wilson may be in a different thread possibly (than a $30+ signing). Offset language in his contract may allow a team to sign him for the Vet Minimum (if he is cut).

I don't know about you guys, but I don't want Russell Wilson. I'm not a huge Pete Carroll fan, but I do respect him as a coach. He's been successful wherever he's been. To me, it was a red flag when Carroll was willing to move on from a QB that helped win a SB. Russell then bombed out in year one in Denver and is now may be tossed overboard after year 2 by another very successful coach. That's red flag number 2. No idea if the Vikings are considering him but I'd take a pass.
Post #: 7437
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 3:55:07 PM   
Mark C. Johnson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark C. Johnson

quote:

quote:

For a while there Flores was the Great Oz pulling all sorts of levers... Blitz 7... Drop back 8. Alas, there is only so much a DC can do to overcome a lack of talent. And as you point out, are there issues due to missed assignments or over aggressiveness? There were a couple of injuries, but it's not like he lost 2-3 Pro Bowlers.

He tried. And after a while there were enough tendencies for the opposition to analyze and plan for. Flores could have countered, but by doing what?

I agree that he did a good job without a lot of talent on defense. The talent level has to improve for any defensive coordinator to be successful in the future. I'd like to see him return and I hope he's the type of coach who learns from what worked this year and what did not. The defensive players certainly seemed to respond to his coaching and that is definitely to his credit. IF he stays around, he's going to have to figure out how to counter offensive coordinators/quarterbacks who have "solved" his defense and adjust to that during the game to counter the offense.
Post #: 7438
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 4:26:03 PM   
Jeff Jesser

I was luke warm, at best, on KAM just off his horrible first draft but I lost all respect for him to do the job well when they showed him yucking it up in the owners box while his product was getting their playoff chances flushed down the toilet by their biggest rivals at home
Post #: 7439
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 4:36:17 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

I was luke warm, at best, on KAM just off his horrible first draft but I lost all respect for him to do the job well when they showed him yucking it up in the owners box while his product was getting their playoff chances flushed down the toilet by their biggest rivals at home

It's every commodity trader's dream to be seen on national tv yucking it up in the owner's box.
Post #: 7440
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 4:53:54 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

Off topic. T-minus "how long" until Diggs starts pissing and moaning or demands a trade?

I was thinking that last night as he got shut down like usual in the big game. He doesn't scream championship material to me.

Bill's are stuck with Diggs because he has big dead cap hits through 25. Not sure anyone would trade for that.

"Stef's, he's a No. 1 receiver. I firmly believe that, not wavering off of that," Beane said. "... Listen, we have to continue to put weapons out there to keep teams from bracketing him or, you know, locking him down in different ways to take him away. They know you are going to want him. Stef can still play, I'm sure he would love to have that deep ball again, he'd be the first to tell you. He's super competitive, he's going to work his tail off this offseason. I know there's various reasons or questions on this or his production, all that, but I still see Stef as a No. 1 receiver."

It was probably sincere and just semantics but...
- can still play (do we need convincing?)
- would love to have that deep ball again (why bring it up? Ouch.)
- still see Stef as a No. 1 receiver (is he close to falling to a No. 2?)

Who is "Beane"

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 7441
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 4:57:42 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Off topic. T-minus "how long" until Diggs starts pissing and moaning or demands a trade?

I was thinking that last night as he got shut down like usual in the big game. He doesn't scream championship material to me.

Bill's are stuck with Diggs because he has big dead cap hits through 25. Not sure anyone would trade for that.

"Stef's, he's a No. 1 receiver. I firmly believe that, not wavering off of that," Beane said. "... Listen, we have to continue to put weapons out there to keep teams from bracketing him or, you know, locking him down in different ways to take him away. They know you are going to want him. Stef can still play, I'm sure he would love to have that deep ball again, he'd be the first to tell you. He's super competitive, he's going to work his tail off this offseason. I know there's various reasons or questions on this or his production, all that, but I still see Stef as a No. 1 receiver."

It was probably sincere and just semantics but...
- can still play (do we need convincing?)
- would love to have that deep ball again (why bring it up? Ouch.)
- still see Stef as a No. 1 receiver (is he close to falling to a No. 2?)

Who is "Beane"

Bills GM.
Post #: 7442
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 5:01:15 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

I had a bad feeling when the Bears took Poles out of the running, leaving us with Queasy. Poles did what had to be done and blew it up right away. Now the Bears are in axgreat position. When Queasy came in talking about a competitive rebuild, I knew that sustained mediocrity.

I think we're like Pitt, NO, Sea. Teams that never tore it down and are now just knocking on the new 7 team playoff door or one n done if they get in.

Mediocrity is about right. Actually kind of painful to watch because most of us hard core fans know were simply not good enough.

Like these other teams mentioned, keep acting like we are a piece or two away and as a result remain in cap hell as the team continues to age.

Post #: 7443
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 5:52:15 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Alright, Harbaugh to Chargers --- aged Belichick still in play (?) for Atlanta --- Cousins hopefully Belichick's choice negating their need for QB at #8.
Post #: 7444
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 5:59:46 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think we're like Pitt, NO, Sea. Teams that never tore it down and are now just knocking on the new 7 team playoff door or one n done if they get in.

Mediocrity is about right. Actually kind of painful to watch because most of us hard core fans know were simply not good enough.

Like these other teams mentioned, keep acting like we are a piece or two away and as a result remain in cap hell as the team continues to age.

Great rundown.

Wilf's are happy fans eat up quips like one in early Dec saying the 6-6 Vikings 'just' need to win out to secure the NFCN. Nevermind playing your best ball in December while finishing 1-4, the competitive rebuild is working!
Post #: 7445
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 7:31:01 PM   
beo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Great rundown.

Wilf's are happy fans eat up quips like one in early Dec saying the 6-6 Vikings 'just' need to win out to secure the NFCN. Nevermind playing your best ball in December while finishing 1-4, the competitive rebuild is working!

Chiefs, Ravens, Niners & Lions.

Which of these teams tore it down to get to where they are?
Post #: 7446
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 7:52:30 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

quote:

Further, the issue is whether ANY veteran QB should be paid $30+ million a year based on the cap at this time and the rest of the roster. The same debate would exist about someone like Russell Wilson (except he has achieved the remarkable/improbable in stringing together two consecutive playoff wins).

Actually Russell Wilson may be in a different thread possibly (than a $30+ signing). Offset language in his contract may allow a team to sign him for the Vet Minimum (if he is cut).

I'd be pretty ok with Russ as a bridge qb...

1) You can sign him for nothing (Broncos end up paying his 30+ mil)
It sort of balances out the stupid KC dead money
2) Draft a qb in the 2nd if qbs go 1,2,3 in the draft and let him learn under Russ
3) Unlikely, but slight chance he could capture lightning in a bottle
4) I think he is good enough (can win games) to not have JJ demand a trade

Downside is he is a bit nutso.
Maybe his Denver experience made him realize to reel it in a bit... but probaby not.

(sorry to interject football talk on this public fued site... )

Yuck

But the question I have is why would Wilson sign for nothing/vet min?

If cut by Denv he's owed that money. What fool would not seek another big payday while still collecting from the last team?

Post #: 7447
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2024 8:43:10 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Great rundown.

All four of them. And all four of them moved on from their current chosen QB to take a chance on a young talent. In San Fran's case - they did that multiple times.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 7448
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/25/2024 12:50:32 AM   
beo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'd be pretty ok with Russ as a bridge qb...

1) You can sign him for nothing (Broncos end up paying his 30+ mil)
It sort of balances out the stupid KC dead money
2) Draft a qb in the 2nd if qbs go 1,2,3 in the draft and let him learn under Russ
3) Unlikely, but slight chance he could capture lightning in a bottle
4) I think he is good enough (can win games) to not have JJ demand a trade

Downside is he is a bit nutso.
Maybe his Denver experience made him realize to reel it in a bit... but probaby not.

(sorry to interject football talk on this public fued site... )

Yuck

But the question I have is why would Wilson sign for nothing/vet min?

If cut by Denv he's owed that money. What fool would not seek another big payday while still collecting from the last team?

It's offset language in the contract...

I don't know the numbers, but for example:

If his Denver number is 40 mil
and he signs a Vikings contract for 10 mil

Denver pays him 30 Mil
Vikes pay him 10

Unless his new contract is more than the Denver contract... he won't get more money.
Nobody is paying him more than that.
So it would make sense to sign a minimal deal, collect the max from Denver and help out the new team.
Post #: 7449
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/25/2024 12:56:09 AM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Great rundown.

All four of them. And all four of them moved on from their current chosen QB to take a chance on a young talent. In San Fran's case - they did that multiple times.

Moving on from current qb... absolutely... the Chiefs had the KC equivalent in Alex Smith... good enough to go to the playoffs and do nothing.

Dare to find a difference maker and move on from a guy who has proven his ceiling.

However, I wouldn't call that tearing it down.

ymmv
Post #: 7450
Page:   <<   < prev  296 297 [298] 299 300   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  296 297 [298] 299 300   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode