Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 5:19:42 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

No Phil… even a higher level of talent WPULD NOT CATCH THAT GARBAGE THROW….

duh…

Your unconditional love for Kirk once again shining thru. Make a play Kirk, Make a play Kirk, Make every single play Kirk or I am going to trash you once again... (He made a ton of plays throughout the game)....rinse repeat...

Kirk himself said it was on him and the one throw that he wanted back.

Even the guy who threw the ball doesn't believe what you believe.

What is he supposed to say. He made plays all afternoon and threw it a little behind KJ who had a chance to make a play. Like I said--if he doesn't play perfectly you go cry a river....go watch replays of Tavaris, Ponder, Teddy.

Definition of moving the goal post. Kirk doesn't make all the plays; again BS; watch replays Tavaris, Ponder, and Teddy.

Kirk brought up the bad throw himself!
Post #: 126
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 5:21:25 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

duh…

Your unconditional love for Kirk once again shining thru. Make a play Kirk, Make a play Kirk, Make every single play Kirk or I am going to trash you once again... (He made a ton of plays throughout the game)....rinse repeat...

What is he supposed to say. He made plays all afternoon and threw it a little behind KJ who had a chance to make a play. Like I said--if he doesn't play perfectly you go cry a river....go watch replays of Tavaris, Ponder, Teddy.
Definition of moving the goal post. Kirk doesn't make all the plays; again BS; watch replays Tavaris, Ponder, and Teddy.

Yes. It could be worse.
But
It could be so much better.
Cousins is like Vinny Testaverde or Ken O'Brien. good enough QB for the most part but not the guy who will ever get you to the promised land. Marino only got to the Superbowl ONCE. Lost it and never sniffed the big game again.
NFL history is littered with Kirk Cousins.
We could use better.

I am a fan of the Vikings. I posted the option I thought was doable and wouldn't involve tanking; trade a third for Lance. To accuse any fan or poster of the Vikes of being a fanboy of Kirk needs to remember there isn't a history of great or even good QBs. There is Fran as great and partials from Brad, Tommy, Dante, Wade, Brett, Randall, and a good year from George--- that is about it over 60 years.

So if you talk about a Vinny or a Ken that is probably as close to a #2 to Tommy; there just isn't much there.

If you get rid of Kirk you better have an option better than a Ponder, Tavaris, or Teddy because they weren't even average and talk about horrible offense.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the goalposts have moved. Remember, they are portable... and apt to move again on a moment's notice.
Post #: 127
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 5:59:37 PM   
Murph

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

duh…

Yes. It could be worse.
But
Cousins is like Vinny Testaverde or Ken O'Brien. good enough QB for the most part but not the guy who will ever get you to the promised land. Marino only got to the Superbowl ONCE. Lost it and never sniffed the big game again.
We could use better.

I am a fan of the Vikings. I posted the option I thought was doable and wouldn't involve tanking; trade a third for Lance. To accuse any fan or poster of the Vikes of being a fanboy of Kirk needs to remember there isn't a history of great or even good QBs. There is Fran as great and partials from Brad, Tommy, Dante, Wade, Brett, Randall, and a good year from George--- that is about it over 60 years.

So if you talk about a Vinny or a Ken that is probably as close to a #2 to Tommy; there just isn't much there.

If you get rid of Kirk you better have an option better than a Ponder, Tavaris, or Teddy because they weren't even average and talk about horrible offense.

Why?

I'd rather have any of the above with their salary for a year instead of Kurt and his. We would have been able to add a few more players on defense and the Oline with a better chance to go farther. Didn't all of those QB's take us to the playoffs?

Trade Cousins, please!!!

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 128
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/10/2023 6:14:15 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

duh…

Yes. It could be worse.
But
We could use better.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the goalposts have moved. Remember, they are portable... and apt to move again on a moment's notice.

No they haven’t. Trade Kirk crew can’t find a better option than Kirk. In fact the FO and KOC can’t either with the resources they had in 2023 and have a team fans want to see. Always has been my point.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/10/2023 6:15:19 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 129
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/10/2023 6:16:14 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murph

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

duh…

Yes. It could be worse.
But
We could use better.

Why?

I'd rather have any of the above with their salary for a year instead of Kurt and his. We would have been able to add a few more players on defense and the Oline with a better chance to go farther. Didn't all of those QB's take us to the playoffs?

Trade Cousins, please!!!

Post #: 130
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/10/2023 8:32:01 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

duh…

Yes. It could be worse.
But
We could use better.

Why?

Trade Cousins, please!!!

Yes, wait until he’s a FA to trade him. Nitwit.
Post #: 131
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/10/2023 8:51:14 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

duh…

Yes. It could be worse.
But
We could use better.

Why?

Trade Cousins, please!!!

He has a no trade clause; who is the nitwit? He will be gone in 2024.

A nitwit is someone who keeps drawing up scenarios that aren't going to happen. Trading Kirk this offseason was one of those.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/10/2023 8:52:54 AM >

Post #: 132
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/10/2023 9:14:03 AM   
David F.

Why do I need to name a replacement for Kirk or my strategy is invalid? The draft is over. Free agency is over. I went through this last year, the year before, and the year before. I'm not in any position to draft a player into the NFL and they don't take my input on who to resign and for how much. It's now 05/10/2023 and no shit there's not a replacement to be found. Because I can't replace Kirk this very minute with a known quantity doesn't invalidate my argument. In fact, no replacement is a known quantity anyway. A new QB may have pocket presence or some mobility and might take 30 sacks instead of 48. A lesser talented QB could prove to be more assertive with going through reads or takes a few more chances. etc etc etc...

But to say it's foolish to end the Kirk Cousins era because I can't name his replacement in the middle of May is ridiculous. We work with domestic violence offenders and victims at my job. I'll bring it up next chance I get that we should be telling our victims that unless they can name their new mate and guarantee he/she will be better then it's just silly to talk about ending their current relationship. I think that idea is going to be popular.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 133
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/10/2023 9:55:45 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Why do I need to name a replacement for Kirk or my strategy is invalid? The draft is over. Free agency is over. I went through this last year, the year before, and the year before. I'm not in any position to draft a player into the NFL and they don't take my input on who to resign and for how much. It's now 05/10/2023 and no shit there's not a replacement to be found. Because I can't replace Kirk this very minute with a known quantity doesn't invalidate my argument. In fact, no replacement is a known quantity anyway. A new QB may have pocket presence or some mobility and might take 30 sacks instead of 48. A lesser talented QB could prove to be more assertive with going through reads or takes a few more chances. etc etc etc...

But to say it's foolish to end the Kirk Cousins era because I can't name his replacement in the middle of May is ridiculous. We work with domestic violence offenders and victims at my job. I'll bring it up next chance I get that we should be telling our victims that unless they can name their new mate and guarantee he/she will be better then it's just silly to talk about ending their current relationship. I think that idea is going to be popular.

Pwned..

Kirk fanboys are all about but..but..butwhatabout…

Phil won’t even acknowledge that the QBKs he likes to throw out there as failures, Ponder, Bridgewater, Jackson, all have one very important thing in common with KFC…

They have done nothing for this franchise and their peak performance level is not winning when the chips are all in and the game/ season/ playoffs are on the line.

Useless to try to make a fanboy for Kirk see any flaw..

Even if 90% of the rest of the NFL fan base, and ownership, see the same thing.

It’s time to move on..

Crash and burn, being mediocre.. it’s not going to change until KFC is gone.

Go to Jesus, mfr, go…

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 134
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/10/2023 10:08:46 AM   
Todd M

There's no reason to talk contract with Cousins until after this next season. Get us to the SB and you can retire a Viking. He wants to retire here. You'll be able to talk with him on what a 3 year contract looks like and come to a fair deal.

It's literally SB or bust.

Get there and/or win a SB and it's build a statue +++.
Post #: 135
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/10/2023 10:14:35 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

Trade Cousins, please!!!

He has a no trade clause; who is the nitwit? He will be gone in 2024.

A nitwit is someone who keeps drawing up scenarios that aren't going to happen. Trading Kirk this offseason was one of those.

You answered the question point blank.

I put no restrictions on your inability to grasp the obvious.

If I had video evidence of you typing your obtuse response, I'm sure you'd blame the website or the keyboard.
Post #: 136
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/10/2023 10:15:40 AM   
Todd M

Lead to a SB win and the world is a better place.

Why can't his god speak to him one time and inspire us to a SB win?

You want a gold jacket? To be universally loved? Go win the SB or gtfo.
Post #: 137
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/10/2023 11:14:04 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Football players/fans compared to domestic violence offenders/victims....seems exactly the same to me.

Post #: 138
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/10/2023 11:38:55 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

Pwned..

Phil won’t even acknowledge that the QBKs he likes to throw out there as failures, Ponder, Bridgewater, Jackson, all have one very important thing in common with KFC…

They have done nothing for this franchise and their peak performance level is not winning when the chips are all in and the game/ season/ playoffs are on the line.

It’s time to move on..

Go to Jesus, mfr, go…

You forgot Tarkenton in that group.
Post #: 139
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/10/2023 12:40:08 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Minnesota Vikings 🇨🇦@VikingsCanada

We join the @Vikings in mourning the passing of legendary QB Joe Kapp.

Before he played in Minnesota, Joe suited up for eight @CFL seasons & led the
@BCLions to a Grey Cup title in 1964.

The @CalFootball product is the only QB to play in the Super Bowl, Rose Bowl & Grey Cup.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 140
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/10/2023 1:00:54 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Joe Kapp signed with the NFL's Minnesota Vikings in a multi-player "trade" between the CFL and NFL teams, one of the very few transactions to ever occur between the two leagues.[8]

The Minnesota Vikings in 1965 had drafted running back Jim Young out of Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario. He had spent the 1965 and 1966 seasons with the Vikings, but wanted to return to Canada. The BC Lions were very interested in acquiring Young, but the Toronto Argonauts had his CFL rights.[citation needed]

The Minnesota Vikings general manager was Jim Finks, who had brought Kapp to Canada in 1959, and their head coach was Bud Grant, who had faced Kapp while coaching the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Both Finks and Grant thought Joe Kapp would be the best replacement for Fran Tarkenton, who had been traded to the New York Giants.[9] To make this transaction possible, the BC Lions traded all-star defensive lineman Dick Fouts, and future Canadian Football Hall of Fame running back Bill Symons to Toronto for the CFL rights to future Canadian Football Hall of Fame wide receiver Jim Young.[10][11]

They then managed to get Kapp waived out of the CFL. The Vikings managed to get Jim Young waived out of the NFL, which allowed the BC Lions to sign him. The expansion New Orleans Saints wanted Young and it took some work from Finks to keep them from claiming Young. Kapp, now waived from the CFL, was free to sign with the Vikings, who had previously claimed his NFL playing rights from Washington.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 141
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/10/2023 1:01:43 PM   
Ricky J

I had a t- shirt when i was in school with a 11 on it. I absolutely loved it.
Post #: 142
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/10/2023 1:04:30 PM   
Ricky J

Dan, you want to get rid of KOC after his first year as a head coach and 13 wins?
ha ha!
You're just blowing off steam.
Post #: 143
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/10/2023 1:40:51 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J
Dan, you want to get rid of KOC after his first year as a head coach and 13 wins?
ha ha!

Or off of his meds again.
Everyone not in the hate Kirk group is a fanboy....

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/10/2023 1:47:45 PM >

Post #: 144
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/10/2023 4:20:49 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

ha ha!

Yea, you are..

By definition,

and my meds have absolutely nothing to do with KFC being a mediocre, overpaid POS wannabe, OR the stench of a packer icon putting on #4 and doing the stupidest thing I have ever seen besides HTAFK, in an NFCCG.

If you defend KFC, or try to put blame for his complete lack of top tier “leadership”, any where else, you are by definition, a fanboy.

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 145
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/10/2023 6:03:19 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

Pwned..

It’s time to move on..

Go to Jesus, mfr, go…

You forgot Tarkenton in that group.

I include Joe Kapp

NFL Career statistics
TD–INT:
40–64
Passing yards:
Completion percentage:
48.9%
Passer rating:
Passing attempts:
Passing completions: 449

And yes, I actually watched Joe Kapp play, and lose a Superbowl, SB IV

Hated him from that day forward as a Vikings Fan.

His NFL career, was forgettable….

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 5/10/2023 6:04:23 PM >

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 146
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/11/2023 7:53:27 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

ha ha!

Yea, you are..

By definition,

and my meds have absolutely nothing to do with KFC being a mediocre, overpaid POS wannabe, OR the stench of a packer icon putting on #4 and doing the stupidest thing I have ever seen besides HTAFK, in an NFCCG.

If you defend KFC, or try to put blame for his complete lack of top tier “leadership”, any where else, you are by definition, a fanboy.

Every team but 2-3 put their best team on the field by game one of 2022; same will apply in 2023.....whatever direction you want to keep telling yourself or patting yourself wherever---was not the direction the FO, Coach, etc. thought to put the best team out there. Take your meds, don't take your meds....I don't care.

Post #: 147
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/11/2023 8:01:22 AM   
Phil Riewer

Leaks of the schedule so far:
Wk1 TB
Wk2 @ Philly TNF
Wk3 @ LAC
Wk4 @ Carolina 10/1
Wk5 KC
Wk6 @ Bears
Wk7 SF Oct 23rd MNF
Wk8 @ Pack
WK9 @ Atlanta
WK10 NO
WK11 @ Den SNF Nov 19th
Wk12 Bears MNF
Wk13 Bye
Wk14 @ LV Dec 10th
WK15 @ Cincy
Wk16 Det (Dec 24th)
Wk17 Pack SNF New Years Eve
Wk18 @Det

We actually get to play at GB in Oct.
5 Prime Time games.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/11/2023 10:34:16 AM >

Post #: 148
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/11/2023 8:43:03 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ha ha!

Yea, you are..

By definition,

Every team but 2-3 put their best team on the field by game one of 2022; same will apply in 2023.....whatever direction you want to keep telling yourself or patting yourself wherever---was not the direction the FO, Coach, etc. thought to put the best team out there. Take your meds, don't take your meds....I don't care.

“Keep the talk of my meds out of your mouth..”

( Will Smith to Chris rock Slap….)

Lame ass ****..

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 149
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/11/2023 8:48:22 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ha ha!

Yea, you are..

By definition,

“Keep the talk of my meds out of your mouth..”

( Will Smith to Chris rock Slap….)

Lame ass ****..

But But But you should agree with me when it comes to Brett or Kirk or you are a fanboy because I know what everyone should believe...But But Drivel 5 sentences and then 4 more Drivel sentences.
Just don't give a shit about your opinion on Kirk any more Dan.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/11/2023 8:49:51 AM >

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode