Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2024 Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2024 Draft Page: <<   < prev  39 40 [41] 42 43   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/3/2024 2:35:23 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I am convinced the Vikings are trading up for Maye or McCarthy.

I am now convinced that we have no interest in JJ.

If we do, to the level that mockers assign to us, Kwesi is doing a shit job as a GM.

I could see us trying to get to 4 or 5 if one of the top three drops ... that would be a sound move, a bold but smart move, the move that a young GM under pressure could stick his neck out for ...

Otherwise, if I give Kwesi the benefit of the doubt, I assume we like either Nix or Penix at #23. He's learned from year 1 & 2 and he's playing the game (taking either Nix or Penix at #11 stretches his neck farther than moving up for JJ, as far out as the ostrich leather used on his post-draft loafers.

If we don't take Nix/Penix at 11 and if the Broncos and Raiders don't trade up Nix is going 12 and Penix is going 13.

That was more smarm about Kwesi's draft positioning than anything else.

Yes, according to current draft smoke and mirrors, MN DEN LV are in the hunt for JJ, Penix, Nix with their first rd picks. With trade-ups possible and a long shot at Maye.

We'll find out soon enough but it wouldn't surprise me if JJ is drafted late teens, Nix early twenties and Penix at the top of round 2.

The craziness seems extra crazy this year. Maybe because we've put ourselves at the center of it. Which was my leading point.
Post #: 1001
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/3/2024 2:48:08 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If we do, to the level that mockers assign to us, Kwesi is doing a shit job as a GM.

I could see us trying to get to 4 or 5 if one of the top three drops ... that would be a sound move, a bold but smart move, the move that a young GM under pressure could stick his neck out for ...

Otherwise, if I give Kwesi the benefit of the doubt, I assume we like either Nix or Penix at #23. He's learned from year 1 & 2 and he's playing the game (taking either Nix or Penix at #11 stretches his neck farther than moving up for JJ, as far out as the ostrich leather used on his post-draft loafers.

If we don't take Nix/Penix at 11 and if the Broncos and Raiders don't trade up Nix is going 12 and Penix is going 13.

Yes, according to current draft smoke and mirrors, MN DEN LV are in the hunt for JJ, Penix, Nix with their first rd picks. With trade-ups possible and a long shot at Maye.

We'll find out soon enough but it wouldn't surprise me if JJ is drafted late teens, Nix early twenties and Penix at the top of round 2.

The craziness seems extra crazy this year. Maybe because we've put ourselves at the center of it. Which was my leading point.

I believe that one of the supposed top 4 QBs will last until 11 IF the Vikings don't trade up to take one. It will be Maye or McCarthy. I don't think the Vikings would pass on either at 11.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 4/3/2024 2:51:07 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1002
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/3/2024 4:40:32 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I believe that one of the supposed top 4 QBs will last until 11 IF the Vikings don't trade up to take one. It will be Maye or McCarthy. I don't think the Vikings would pass on either at 11.

Lot of qb desperate teams in a qb class year.....

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1003
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/3/2024 6:27:35 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Lot of qb desperate teams in a qb class year.....

Every year there are a dozen or more teams rumored to be drafting a QB in the first round. Every year it ends up being 2 give or take 1. This year I believe 6 will go in the first, but it could easily only be 3 in the first 10 picks.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1004
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/3/2024 6:46:41 PM   
Todd M

1-4 going QB setting a record. It’s a done deal.
Post #: 1005
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/3/2024 7:01:38 PM  2 votes
kgdabom

I was visiting a Denver Broncos podcast to see how they were feeling about trading up for a QB. When asked should we trade up 1 out of 13 responders said yes. 12 said no. They are smarter than Vikings fans IMO.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1006
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/3/2024 7:14:36 PM   
Todd M

Prepare to own it after it’s all said and done. Those that think it’ll just come to them are going to have their heads spinning.
Post #: 1007
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/3/2024 8:08:26 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

I was visiting a Denver Broncos podcast to see how they were feeling about trading up for a QB. When asked should we trade up 1 out of 13 responders said yes. 12 said no. They are smarter than Vikings fans IMO.

Thank you.
Post #: 1008
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/3/2024 8:32:58 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

Thank you.

You're welcome.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1009
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/4/2024 4:12:20 AM  2 votes
Chris Olson

quote:

They also have no draft capital...

The only thing they have is Pat Surtain as trade bait, otherwise they have no real way to move up

I think that is why they are so "smart"
Post #: 1010
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/4/2024 7:57:14 AM   
Trekgeekscott

I believe this. The Vikings have a couple guys they don't expect to get past the first two picks....but if by some miracle one does, they will try to trade up. Otherwise they stay at 11 and get Maye, Penix or McCarthy and be happy for it.

Then they will trade that pick 23 for more picks Cause that's what they do in the draft. Trade down.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1011
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/4/2024 8:27:52 AM   
Todd M

I believe this. The Vikings and Patriots have been talking. From what I’ve read it seems like we’re trying to inflate the value of our 2 frp’s bc that’s all we would like to spend. The Pats want the ‘25 frp.

If they’re still haggling good on them for trying but in the end they’ll pay.
Post #: 1012
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/4/2024 8:36:59 AM   
Todd M

Right now for me it’s Daniels/McCarthy/Maye.

I think JJ will win games but not be spectacular. Maye just doesn’t excite me. I want the WOW and I think you’ll get that from Daniels.

If the Bears and Commanders overthink it and let Caleb slip then for sure him too. Just doesn’t seem likely.
Post #: 1013
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/4/2024 9:52:53 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Olson

quote:

The only thing they have is Pat Surtain as trade bait, otherwise they have no real way to move up

Right … KGs idea of smart has nothing to do with intelligence and only to do with agreeing with his opinion. As I quoted recently, ‘A fool thinks himself wise …’

Wanting to move up or not is only NOT smart if you make up your mind about it three weeks before the draft. Without a clue how things are going to unfold, without an insight of any kind what our internal conversations and evaluations are. In other words, a vintage fixed KG opinion.

The nfl.com guys were saying yesterday that Payton has always hated rookie QBs and would take any veteran not named Wilson over any of the prospects. Thats hyperbole ofcourse, their GM might think differently. But they might not be hell bent on QB with their first pick much less moving up for one.

More draft smoke probably.
Post #: 1014
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/4/2024 10:00:13 AM   
Brad H

I try not to get to tied up into mock draft nonsense. Last season the Big Board consensus done by the NFL Mock Draft database had us taking Hendon Hooker at #33 overall.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1015
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/4/2024 10:07:10 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

Right.

I don't see them moving up into the Top 5 or so.

But I think Pick 9 could be in Play if they want to go QB.
Post #: 1016
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/4/2024 11:51:57 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

Right … KGs idea of smart has nothing to do with intelligence and only to do with agreeing with his opinion. As I quoted recently, ‘A fool thinks himself wise …’

Wanting to move up or not is only NOT smart if you make up your mind about it three weeks before the draft. Without a clue how things are going to unfold, without an insight of any kind what our internal conversations and evaluations are. In other words, a vintage fixed KG opinion.

The nfl.com guys were saying yesterday that Payton has always hated rookie QBs and would take any veteran not named Wilson over any of the prospects. Thats hyperbole ofcourse, their GM might think differently. But they might not be hell bent on QB with their first pick much less moving up for one.

Of course I think agreeing with my opinion is smart. I think I'm smart. Notice I didn't claim to be wise. Does that automatically mean I'm a fool. Is everybody who thinks themselves wise a fool? My second favorite scripture from the Bible is "professing themselves to be wise they became as fools." Pretty close to your quote.
We've already covered how unfixed my opinion on this draft is.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 4/4/2024 11:54:08 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1017
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/4/2024 11:59:27 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

Every team in the NFL has draft capital. It's just a question of how you want to use it. Pat Surtain is often mentioned as the trade bait for Denver to move up. I personally feel they would be foolish to do so, hence smart to not do so. I feel the Vikings would be foolish to use picks 11 and 23 to move up unless it were for Caleb. That said I'm already resigned to us using 11 and 23 at a minimum to trade up for some QB that may have been available at 11.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 4/4/2024 12:01:25 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1018
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/4/2024 12:38:03 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Of course I think agreeing with my opinion is smart. I think I'm smart. Notice I didn't claim to be wise. Does that automatically mean I'm a fool. Is everybody who thinks themselves wise a fool? My second favorite scripture from the Bible is "professing themselves to be wise they became as fools." Pretty close to your quote.

I think I'm smart. Notice I didn't claim to be wise.

Semantics. Thank you for proving my point.

And ... as far as covering how fixed you're opinion is ... its absolutely fixed you didn't get see it from inside your head.
Post #: 1019
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/4/2024 12:55:39 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And ... as far as covering how fixed you're opinion is ... its absolutely fixed you didn't get see it from inside your head.

Wise and smart are not the same thing. You didn't answer my question. Is everybody who thinks they're wise/smart automatically a fool? I didn't prove any point. I think that's you thinking your wise.
My QB opinions so far started out that Caleb was the best and jayden was 2nd best the other guys a coin flip, it moved to Caleb the best I don't know what to think about Daniels and I had Nix 3rd, McCarthy 4th Penix fifth and Maye 6th. I now question Caleb over the crying to mommy thing. Pretty bad. I moved McCarthy and Maye into 3rd and 4th and have a tie between Nix and Penix. I've now moved Maye back to 6th. I'm still working on that opinion. Your didn't get see it from inside your head comment is just goofy. Quit picking fights with me for zero reason.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1020
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/4/2024 3:20:28 PM  2 votes
kgdabom

I was able to get the following mock draft by just trading down a few spots from 11 and repeating 4 times.

Byron Murphy II
DT Texas
Michael Penix Jr.
QB Washington
NFL-team-logo
Darius Robinson
EDGE Missouri
Cooper Beebe
OG Kansas State
Payton Wilson
LB NC State
trade-icon
Dylan Laube
RB New Hampshire
Theo Johnson
TE Penn State
Daequan Hardy
CB Penn State
Khristian Boyd
DT Nothern Iowa
Mark Perry
S TCU
Sundiata Anderson
EDGE Grambling State
2025 JAX 2nd

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1021
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/4/2024 8:01:49 PM   
TJSweens

Based on absolutely nothing but a gut feeling, I think the Vikings will try to go all in for Maye. I'm no longer convinced that they are willing to move to 4 or 5 for McCarthy. I don’t see anyone else having the assets to move to those spots. I also don’t think the teams picking 4-7 are interested in McCarthy. A more modest trade up to #8 for McCarthy could be doable.

If the Vikings sit back and wait at 11, there is a good chance McCarthy could be poached in a trade up. Ain't no way Maye lasts beyond the top 3.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1022
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/4/2024 8:11:44 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Based on absolutely nothing but a gut feeling, I think the Vikings will try to go all in for Maye. I'm no longer convinced that they are willing to move to 4 or 5 for McCarthy. I don’t see anyone else having the assets to move to those spots. I also don’t think the teams picking 4-7 are interested in McCarthy. A more modest trade up to #8 for McCarthy could be doable.

If the Vikings sit back and wait at 11, there is a good chance McCarthy could be poached in a trade up. Ain't no way Maye lasts beyond the top 3.

I'm not saying Maye will last beyond 3, but I sure think he could. I could see him there at 11.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 4/4/2024 8:24:40 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1023
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/4/2024 8:27:29 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wise and smart are not the same thing. You didn't answer my question. Is everybody who thinks they're wise/smart automatically a fool? I didn't prove any point. I think that's you thinking your wise.
My QB opinions so far started out that Caleb was the best and jayden was 2nd best the other guys a coin flip, it moved to Caleb the best I don't know what to think about Daniels and I had Nix 3rd, McCarthy 4th Penix fifth and Maye 6th. I now question Caleb over the crying to mommy thing. Pretty bad. I moved McCarthy and Maye into 3rd and 4th and have a tie between Nix and Penix. I've now moved Maye back to 6th. I'm still working on that opinion. Your didn't get see it from inside your head comment is just goofy. Quit picking fights with me for zero reason.

Wise and smart overlap and both apply to Shakespeare's maxim.

Can you really be so oblivious? Don't call me / Vikings fans less smart than others who agree with your opinion and I won't return the favor.
Post #: 1024
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/4/2024 8:51:15 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wise and smart overlap and both apply to Shakespeare's maxim.

Can you really be so oblivious? Don't call me / Vikings fans less smart than others who agree with your opinion and I won't return the favor.

I post on much larger Vikings web sites than this one. This one is pretty balanced between the trade up not trade up crowd. Others are filled with people who say we have to identify "our guy" and do "whatever it takes" to get our guy. It drives me crazy. IIRC you have a pretty balanced view of what to do.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1025
Page:   <<   < prev  39 40 [41] 42 43   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2024 Draft Page: <<   < prev  39 40 [41] 42 43   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode