Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2024 Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2024 Draft Page: <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/25/2024 7:43:52 AM   
Brad H

We will all find out soon.

I've been in this forum for as long as anyone. Can't remember there ever being this much anxiety about a first round pick.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1476
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/25/2024 7:45:26 AM   
lyle chabot

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Odle

Personally, I'd like to see us stand pat at 11 and take a QB without trades. I feel we could get an elite playmaker at 23 or trade down and get some draft capital back and maybe then some; especially if a player some team covets keeps dropping.

I agree
Post #: 1477
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/25/2024 7:54:00 AM   
Trekgeekscott

I for one can't wait until tomorrow when everyone around here is going into nuclear meltdown because the Vikings didn't do what they wanted them to do.

Before Sunrise tomorrow someone will declare whomever we end up with as a stupid pick and/or bust.

It's almost as certain as death and taxes.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1478
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/25/2024 7:54:38 AM   
Brad H

All I know is this: If the Vikings give up both draft picks and a future to move up to #4 to select McCarthy, it could end up going down as the dumbest move since trading for Herschel Walker.

Post #: 1479
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/25/2024 8:03:41 AM   
Brad H

As I see it, there is only 2-4 guys in this draft worth two first round picks. None is named JJ McCarthy..

Williams, Daniels, Bowers, Alt.... Anybody else?

People seem to forget....we finished in a tie for last place in our division. We need multiple first round picks.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 4/25/2024 8:09:22 AM >

Post #: 1480
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/25/2024 8:06:31 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

I've been in this forum for as long as anyone. Can't remember there ever being this much anxiety about a first round pick.

My anxiety is due to my belief that Kwesi is going to totally screw the pooch.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1481
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/25/2024 8:08:34 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

All I know is this: If the Vikings give up both draft picks and a future to move up to #4 to select McCarthy, it could end up going down as the dumbest move since trading for Herschel Walker.

Especially considering he might be there at 11 if we stick and pick.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1482
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/25/2024 8:10:48 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

My anxiety is due to my belief that Kwesi is going to totally screw the pooch.

I have about 30 years of draft day blunders telling me we'll fu$k it up.

One positive...Rick Spielman is no longer involved.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 4/25/2024 8:13:39 AM >

Post #: 1483
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/25/2024 8:17:47 AM   
lyle chabot

quote:

I think itis because we are trying to draft a QBOTF for the first time in a long time. Add to the fact there are a lot of QB needing teams driving up the price of the QBs after Williams.
I don't want to mortgage the future for a QB who has a 50% chance of becoming a great QB. Picking in the first round, then not again until the fourth this year sucks, don't want a repeat in next years draft. But I am only a fan I would be good with Pennix at 11, trade back from 23 to get some second day picks this year.
Post #: 1484
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/25/2024 8:18:05 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

If I represented all the GM's, he'd still be there at 23 (and beyond).

Post #: 1485
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/25/2024 8:31:20 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

The only way he is there is if the Giants pass on him and neither of the QB desperate teams immediately behind us jump up to 9 or 10 to take him. I find that scenario to be highly unlikely.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1486
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/25/2024 8:34:25 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

The only way he is there is if the Giants pass on him and neither of the QB desperate teams immediately behind us jump up to 9 or 10 to take him. I find that scenario to be highly unlikely.

Key words....QB DESPERATE TEAMS.........

Post #: 1487
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/25/2024 8:35:20 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm pretty sure the giants will pass on him at 6 assuming we don't trade up for him. I'm almost certain the Raiders/Broncos wouldn't trade up to 9 or 10 knowing we would just trade up to 8 if that happened. I also doubt the Broncos like JJ more than Nix and the Raiders like JJ more than Penix. I wouldn't mind a slight trade up from 11 to 8 to lock him up. I do like him a tiny bit more than Nix.

What would be best is if we all collude not to trade up and not get busted for doing it. The Vikings get JJ at 11 Broncos get Nix at 12 and Raiders get Penix at 13. Win/Win/Win.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 4/25/2024 8:41:20 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1488
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/25/2024 8:38:35 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm pretty sure the giants will pass on him at 6 assuming we don't trade up for him. I wouldn't mind a slight trade up from 11 to 8 to lock him up. I do like him a tiny bit more than Nix.

I've advocated a trade up to the Falcons in the past if McCarthy slides past the Giants.

The drop off from McCarthy to Nix is Wile E Coyote falling off a cliff.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1489
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/25/2024 8:39:09 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm pretty sure the giants will pass on him at 6 assuming we don't trade up for him. I'm almost certain the Raiders/Broncos wouldn't trade up to 9 or 10 knowing we would just trade up to 8 if that happened. I wouldn't mind a slight trade up from 11 to 8 to lock him up. I do like him a tiny bit more than Nix.

I'd rather see Darnold at QB than McCarthy.

Post #: 1490
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/25/2024 8:41:07 AM   
Dave Odle

I keep hearing rumblings of a blockbuster trade scenario tonight involving JJ. I'm not opposed to it either. It could net a top 5 pick and possibly a 2nd at best and 3rd at worst. I am not a huge fan of paying franchise QB money for a WR, no matter who it is. Three 1st rounders would be incredible. Talk about room to maneuver between picking up a QBOTF/stud defensive players/trade down for next year's draft picks. Hitting on QBOTF is the most important thing. The Chiefs showed that you can lose a stud WR (Tyreek Hill) and be okay if you have an elite QB.

Try using hindsight in the present.
Post #: 1491
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/25/2024 8:42:45 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Odle

I keep hearing rumblings of a blockbuster trade scenario tonight involving JJ. I'm not opposed to it either. It could net a top 5 pick and possibly a 2nd at best and 3rd at worst. I am not a huge fan of paying franchise QB money for a WR, no matter who it is. Three 1st rounders would be incredible. Talk about room to maneuver between picking up a QBOTF/stud defensive players/trade down for next year's draft picks. Hitting on QBOTF is the most important thing. The Chiefs showed that you can lose a stud WR (Tyreek Hill) and be okay if you have an elite QB.

I would be all in on that. Diva wide receivers almost never win a Super Bowl.

Post #: 1492
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/25/2024 8:43:55 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm pretty sure the giants will pass on him at 6 assuming we don't trade up for him. I wouldn't mind a slight trade up from 11 to 8 to lock him up. I do like him a tiny bit more than Nix.

I've advocated a trade up to the Falcons in the past if McCarthy slides past the Giants.

Take a look at my edited post that you quoted pre edit. Nix will be better than McCarthy for at least the next two years, but I can see McCarthy catching and passing Nix in year 3. That is why big picture I prefer McCarthy. Payton is more desperate to win now and that is why I believe he prefers Nix.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 4/25/2024 8:50:42 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1493
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/25/2024 8:52:52 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Take a look at my edited post that you quoted pre edit. Nix will be better than McCarthy for at least the next two years, but I can see McCarthy catching and passing Nix in year 3. That is why big picture I prefer McCarthy. Payton is more desperate to win now and that is why I believe he prefers Nix.

It's 2024. Quarterbacks rarely get three years to prove themselves. The days of sitting on a bench for a year are long gone.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 4/25/2024 8:53:54 AM >

Post #: 1494
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/25/2024 8:59:18 AM   
Tom Sykes

I think KAM-KOC see JJ as the face of their franchise, unfortunately. I think they would be more than happy to find a quietly efficient QB to complement him.

Checking in with JJ and keeping him abreast of our QB plans tells you all you need to know about our priorities.

Trading JJ to position ourselves for a QB just makes too much sense for us but not WASH or NE - they are more qb desperate than us.
Post #: 1495
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/25/2024 9:03:58 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

I think KAM-KOC see JJ as the face of their franchise, unfortunately. I think they would be more than happy to find a quietly efficient QB to complement him.

Checking in with JJ and keeping him abreast of our QB plans tells you all you need to know about our priorities.

Trading JJ to position ourselves for a QB just makes too much sense for us but not WASH or NE - they are more qb desperate than us.

Why would any GM check in with the wide receiver? It's a business. He's paid to catch balls.

I'd rather have my GM checking in with his trainers to see how his hamstring is progressing. That concerns me more than his opinion on the future of the quarterback position within the franchise.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 4/25/2024 9:05:21 AM >

Post #: 1496
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/25/2024 9:07:44 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young
WE have two picks today..
Then nothing? Until the 4th round…
People saying he can fix this team, or defending KAM and his management “ style” are not all that bright.
We are trying to fix a 7-10 team with one valid Starting QB and multiple holes on the DL , garbage at center, and other positions with 9 picks..
7 of which are 4-7 th round players who will be picked fron the dumpster behind Pizza King…in Detroit.
Total dysfunctional management, yet thousands of fans are “ hyped” about the possibility of a breakout season in 2024.
What koolaid are those people drinking?
KAM is so far in over his head, he needs a 20 foot extention ladder to get his head out of the dumpster that is on fire…
This is gonna be worse than his first draft.

No Free Agents?
you think that our current free agents and practice squad and IR player can magically transform a dumpster fire into a tailgating at the Super Bowl parking lot grill?

JFC..

Define stupid. Open your mouth again… on anything.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1497
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/25/2024 9:12:55 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Why would any GM check in with the wide receiver? It's a business. He's paid to catch balls.

I'd rather have my GM checking in with his trainers to see how his hamstring is progressing. That concerns me more than his opinion on the future of the quarterback position within the franchise.

I don't think he's anything special relative to what's happened with WRs in just two years. Chase, St. Brown, Nacua, Lamb, Collins, Aiyuk, and more... plus at least three WR studs entering the league.

He's good. He's not $30+ million, no-trade, huge % guaranteed money good.
Post #: 1498
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/25/2024 9:14:57 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

I don't think he's anything special relative to what's happened with WRs in just two years. Chase, St. Brown, Nacua, Lamb, Collins, Aiyuk, and more... plus at least three WR studs entering the league.

He's good. He's not $30+ million, no-trade, huge % guaranteed money good.

None of those guys purchased t-shirts for his team, thus promoting what he wanted to see at quarterback. He put our QB situation on public display, and alienated the franchise. I would trade him in a New York minute.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 4/25/2024 9:18:26 AM >

Post #: 1499
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/25/2024 9:16:21 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's 2024. Quarterbacks rarely get three years to prove themselves. The days of sitting on a bench for a year are long gone.

I expect McCarthy to start midseason this year. He will be OK, but Nix will be better this year and next.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1500
Page:   <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2024 Draft Page: <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode