Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2024 Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2024 Draft Page: <<   < prev  74 75 [76] 77 78   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/26/2024 9:32:18 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

quote:

I gave it 12 hours. Is McCarthy in the Hall of Fame in here yet?

No, but I'm sure it won't stop you from claiming that we have been saying that.

Darnold should be thrilled. We just drafted a guy that can't beat him out.

It's been 12 hours. Has Brad showed up to shit all over the draft yet?

Yes.

I read all the comments. It's almost like you guys were missing me. I figured I owed it to you.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1876
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/26/2024 9:34:24 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

And with Brad not liking McCarthy one bit, we may just have found our franchise qb.

It might be bias against the SEC and B10 more than anything.....he has been very quiet about the pick though.

Well, that lasted didn't it.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1877
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/26/2024 9:34:49 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

IMO, the Vikings will finish in last place in 2024 unless Sam Darnold plays well.

Not a very bold prediction.

We could've drafted Caleb Williams and that would still be the likely result.

The Lions are (gulp) legit.

The Packers unfortunately are as well.

The Bears have had a tremendous offseason. Their defense might hold them back, but all Caleb has to be is better than Fields and they have a ton of firepower on offense.

This offseason is setting us up for the next "x" years, its not about winning a SB this season.

He's got Justin Jefferson, Aaron Jones and TJ Hockenson. Finish in last place in 2024 and he'll be on a short leash to start the 2025 campaign.

McCarthy is Jim Harbaugh II. He'll be a mediocre, serviceable quarterback. Don't expect any miracles.

Post #: 1878
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/26/2024 9:35:58 AM   
Brad H

One word on our second pick. Boomhauer

Anyone see that interview? It was like watching an episode of King of the Hill.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 4/26/2024 9:39:26 AM >

Post #: 1879
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/26/2024 9:37:20 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No, but I'm sure it won't stop you from claiming that we have been saying that.

Darnold should be thrilled. We just drafted a guy that can't beat him out.

It's been 12 hours. Has Brad showed up to shit all over the draft yet?

Yes.

I read all the comments. It's almost like you guys were missing me. I figured I owed it to you.

I think I remember one comment that mentioned you all night. Then on cue, you show up for your yearly schtick.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1880
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/26/2024 9:43:51 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

Brad I liked Nix, but McCarthy is 3 years younger, has a bigger arm, better size, and his stats on low volume are crazy good. McCarthy is a better prospect than Nix. We did awesome.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1881
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/26/2024 9:45:37 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

One word on our second pick. Boomhauer

Anyone see that interview? It was like watching an episode of King of the Hill.

I dont care how he talks, as long as he can get after the QB and seal his edge on running plays.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1882
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/26/2024 9:46:07 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Olson

I like that there will feel like no pressure to play JJ this year...

unless Sam completely sucks, though I expect him to be a top half of the league QB

Idk about this. We still have an extremely leaky IOL and nothing has been done to date to shore it up. Couple that with a questionable run blocking scheme. Not sure how much Darnold can handle (being damaged goods). But McCarthy absolutely shouldn't be thrown into the fire no matter how much everyone will want to see him.

Sign Risner and draft best center left at #108.
Post #: 1883
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/26/2024 9:46:47 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

You have to go back a long way to find a better day 1 for the Vikings. When the 3rd pick came around it was pretty well confirmed that Maye was absolutely the Vikings primary target. It was also confirmed beyond any shadow of a doubt that Maye was never in danger of dropping out of the top 3. Not only did the Pats stay put and draft him, two other teams were competing to pry that pick away from the Pats to draft Maye.

After that Kwesi resisted the urge to jump too far ahead. It was a little gutsy, knowing that the Giants tried just as hard as they did to get to #3. It turned out that once Maye was off the board, the Giants focused on getting a weapon for Jones.

I'm greatful to Atlanta for their gross stupidity. They were a logical landing spot for Turner. They also took away Penix as an option and forced more good players down the board. I have to assume Las Vegas tried to jump up for McCarthy at that point, since they knew they were going to finish out of the QB's without a trade up. I assume the Bears were not going to risk losing out on getting Odunze for Williams. Kwesi wisely swapped with the Jets to get his guy.

In moving up to 17, Kwesi showed showed himself to be the anti-Spielman. And what a steal at #17 to get Turner. I'm sure Flores is still grinning ear to ear.

Great night. A lot of fun.

Kum by yah my friend. What a great draft. Kwesi went from worst drafter in the world to best in one night.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1884
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/26/2024 9:47:24 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

IMO, the Vikings will finish in last place in 2024 unless Sam Darnold plays well.

Good thing we didn't give away next years FRP.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1885
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/26/2024 9:47:45 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

Brad I liked Nix, but McCarthy is 3 years younger, has a bigger arm, better size, and his stats on low volume are crazy good. McCarthy is a better prospect than Nix. We did awesome.

He comes from a running offense, rarely ran a two-minute offense and had one of the best offensive lines in college football. He'll be on red-alert with this offensive line. He's got a lot to learn in a short amount of time.

I hope you are right, but I sense you are not. Most real draftniks thought it was a reach. I agree with them. The film and experience just isn't there.

Post #: 1886
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/26/2024 9:49:53 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

The Bears have had a tremendous offseason. Their defense might hold them back, but all Caleb has to be is better than Fields and they have a ton of firepower on offense.

This offseason is setting us up for the next "x" years, its not about winning a SB this season.

He's got Justin Jefferson, Aaron Jones and TJ Hockenson. Finish in last place in 2024 and he'll be on a short leash to start the 2025 campaign.

McCarthy is Jim Harbaugh II. He'll be a mediocre, serviceable quarterback. Don't expect any miracles.

McCarthy has a much better arm than Harbaugh. And a better athlete.

The guy really wanted to be here. Usually draft picks say that about every team but he singled out the Vikings and KOC and McNown.
Post #: 1887
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/26/2024 9:51:10 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

The guy really wanted to be here. Usually draft picks say that about every team but he singled out the Vikings and KOC and McNown.

I want to be there as well. It doesn't mean I can play quarterback in the NFL.

Post #: 1888
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/26/2024 9:52:41 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I want to be there as well. It doesn't mean I can play quarterback in the NFL.

You want to be in Minnesota. Sell that house in Cali and get moving.
Post #: 1889
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/26/2024 9:54:04 AM   
Brad H

Justin Jefferson, Jordan Addison, TJ Hockenson and Aaron Jones.

He better succeed immediately with that talent, because the tools are all there. If not, I will be here every week to remind you.

Post #: 1890
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/26/2024 9:54:33 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

What if they take the 23 million in cap and sign another CB?

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1891
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/26/2024 9:54:55 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

He comes from a running offense, rarely ran a two-minute offense and had one of the best offensive lines in college football. He'll be on red-alert with this offensive line. He's got a lot to learn in a short amount of time.

I hope you are right, but I sense you are not. Most real draftniks thought it was a reach. I agree with them. The film and experience just isn't there.

We won't throw him into the fire. That's what Darnold is here for.
Post #: 1892
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/26/2024 9:55:21 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1893
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/26/2024 9:56:50 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

He better succeed immediately with that talent, because the tools are all there. If not, I will be here every week to remind you.

Mahomes sat a year. Why rush him if he isn't ready?
Post #: 1894
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/26/2024 9:57:01 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Don't kid yourself. This is 2024. The General Manager's future depends on him starting quickly. Finish in last place in 2024 and he opens the season in 2025 with a bounty on his future. The 70's and 80's are long gone.

Post #: 1895
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/26/2024 9:59:00 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

Mahomes sat a year. Why rush him if he isn't ready?

The Chiefs had Alex Smith, who was a returning Pro Bowler.

Post #: 1896
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/26/2024 9:59:01 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Don't kid yourself. This is 2024. The General Manager's future depends on him starting quickly. Finish in last place in 2024 and he opens the season in 2025 with a bounty on his future. The 70's and 80's are long gone.

Yeah. I remember when Mahomes was drafted in 1987.
Post #: 1897
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/26/2024 9:59:27 AM   
David Levine

quote:

And if he does succeed, you'll be golfing.
Post #: 1898
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/26/2024 10:00:12 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Simms with a lengthy breakdown of Turner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqa72USxh1s

Takeaways: freakish athletic traits. Expect coaching to unlock techniques. Should be an exceptional pro.

Was it just me, he seemed to be mumbling with a sour look all the way to the podium … thought maybe he was disappointed he didn’t go sooner. So add chip on the shoulder.

Maybe he’s angry about being named Dallas, 10X worse than Sue.

Yeah, a mumbling trance walk to the stage like a wino. I think he continued his diatribe even during the embrace with the commissioner.
Post #: 1899
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/26/2024 10:00:15 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah. I remember when Mahomes was drafted in 1987.

Again, not the same scenario. Alex Smith was a returning Pro Bowler. Sam Darnold has had little previous success and knows the players in camp just as much as McCarthy does. As in, not at all.

Post #: 1900
Page:   <<   < prev  74 75 [76] 77 78   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2024 Draft Page: <<   < prev  74 75 [76] 77 78   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode