Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  90 91 92 [93] 94   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/26/2024 4:10:53 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

How much is the NFL franchise tag?
The value of the exclusive franchise tag is the average of the top five salaries at the player's position for the current year or 120% of his previous salary (whichever is greater). These numbers aren't available until after restricted free agency ends.March5, 2024

In 2024, the transition tag price for an NFL quarterback is $34,367,000:

The transition tag is a one-year tender offer that's based on the average of the 10 highest-paid players at a given position over the previous five seasons. The tagging team has the right to match any offer a player receives from another team, but if they don't, the player can leave and the tagging team receives no compensation. This makes the transition tag less commonly used than other options.

I, personally, a hoping that JJM makes a full recovery, and plays very well, going forward on his rookie contract.

Darnold, if he continues to show that he has found his NFL caliber groove, through the rest of this season, will either be offered a decent contract of 1 - 2 years length as we transition from him to JJM.

If he is in line for a true starting caliber QB contract, based solely on success in the KOC system, backstopped, by BFlo’s smothering defense, then I hope we try to work something out, that keeps the success rolling, until JJM gets his full blown shot, to prove he was drafted to be our QBOTF..

I LIKE JJM.

He is mobile , seems pretty football savvy and takes coaching well.

But he could be a Christian Ponder, or worse, a KFC.

I am happy with Darnold, so far, how can anyone not be?

But if he “ reverts to his mean”, he can take a hike and I won’t miss him, or the 10’s of Millions per season his agent will be fishing for.

If Darnold can pull a freaking Rabbit out of his hat for 20 games and we FINALLY win a Super Bowl.

My concern and angst will evaporate like spit on a July sidewalk in Arizona, and what ever this team does, past that point, will be simply icing on a cake that I will eat and enjoy for the rest of my life.

I have been a diehard fan of this team for 57 years..

Just one, before I die, is a smaller and smaller window, every year.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 9/26/2024 4:13:49 PM >
Post #: 2301
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/26/2024 4:52:02 PM   
Phil Riewer

Dan,
More Ice from hell....I have enjoyed watching the team so far.

Everyone talks QBs but both sides of the ball are contributing for the first time in a long time.....as good as Zimmer's defense was it didn't have this 4 man pass rush as Zim used the blitz so much. This defense reminds me of Doleman and Millard/Purple People Defenses but in a different way as those defenses did have some weaknesses that were exposed at times but Flores seems to scheme to the offenses weaknesses depending which team he is facing by the position flexibility of the roster.

This defense has been beyond entertaining. I remember the teams were we had 3-4 guys making all the plays.

That also puts less pressure on our QB....

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 9/26/2024 4:56:56 PM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2302
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/26/2024 5:36:57 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Dan,

Everyone talks QBs but both sides of the ball are contributing for the first time in a long time.....as good as Zimmer's defense was it didn't have this 4 man pass rush as Zim used the blitz so much. This defense reminds me of Doleman and Millard/Purple People Defenses but in a different way as those defenses did have some weaknesses that were exposed at times but Flores seems to scheme to the offenses weaknesses depending which team he is facing by the position flexibility of the roster.

This defense has been beyond entertaining. I remember the teams were we had 3-4 guys making all the plays.

Good point Phil. It's cool to wonder what guy is going to make the next big play on defense. I've been a fan since the 80s and it reminds me of the Doleman, Millard, Thomas, Noga, Browner, Lee defenses where it seemed like a different guy was making a play constantly. I'm sure enjoying seeing them come together like this. I just hope we keep it up!
Post #: 2303
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/26/2024 6:03:44 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Why wait on JJM? Let's trade him now. Then if Darnold reverts to being Darnold, we can again enter the offseason with the worst QB situation in the league.

The conclusions from just three games are nothing short of astounding.

I personally think we should trade Darnold, but not immediately. Bide our time, then the second the MVP votes are tabulated - BANG BOOM WHISTLE POP - pull the trigger. At the zenith of his trade value.

I saw enough of JJ in one preseason game to move on from 10 Darnolds.

Oh hell. After achieving the zenith of Darnold trade value, I’d even trade JJ too for maximum zenith trade value, if there was a prospect we fancied in the next draft.

Someone we could truly say was ‘our guy’.

None of this lucking out crap with draft bust Darnold and 4th choice JJ.

Can they trade Darnold at that point? He's only on a one year deal.

Options as I see it:

A. We could resign him to another one year deal.

Darnold then could put more good play on film and then hit FA. This is not out of the question because Darnold will realize this HC and with these weapons is a good situation.

B. Franchise him and sell him to the highest bidder.

For this to be an option Darnold will have to continue his steller play and win a playoff game. The only downfall to this option is that we would tie up 50+ml to begin the FA period and will miss out on the first wave.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2304
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/26/2024 6:22:48 PM   
Todd M

The better we do the more unique this situation becomes
Post #: 2305
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/26/2024 8:14:54 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

I'm just saying ...

again for umpteenth time ...

if you respond to a post by saying 'you do this' or 'you do that' ... grammar and syntax require the original poster to take the comment as directed at them.

It feels like to me you think Ive got it in for you. I don't. I don't have it in for anyone.
Post #: 2306
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/26/2024 9:05:41 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

The better we do the more unique this situation becomes

I like where we are at.

Early in the off season, we were struggling to find one serviceable QB.

Now it looks like we have 2 good ones to pick from.

Biden got bernied. The irony.
Post #: 2307
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/26/2024 9:28:14 PM   
beo

KOC picked JJM.
KOC believes he can mold him.
KOC has done a pretty remarkable job with Darnold (and others).

Unless we hoist the trophy.

Darnold isn't going to be resigned.

(it's a bit of a shame... with Vikes FA money next year it's unlikely a comp pick for Darnold won't be offset... probably not going to get any return)

jmo
Post #: 2308
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 12:42:56 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why wait on JJM? Let's trade him now. Then if Darnold reverts to being Darnold, we can again enter the offseason with the worst QB situation in the league.

I personally think we should trade Darnold, but not immediately. Bide our time, then the second the MVP votes are tabulated - BANG BOOM WHISTLE POP - pull the trigger. At the zenith of his trade value.

Oh hell. After achieving the zenith of Darnold trade value, I’d even trade JJ too for maximum zenith trade value, if there was a prospect we fancied in the next draft.

Options as I see it:

Darnold then could put more good play on film and then hit FA. This is not out of the question because Darnold will realize this HC and with these weapons is a good situation.

For this to be an option Darnold will have to continue his steller play and win a playoff game. The only downfall to this option is that we would tie up 50+ml to begin the FA period and will miss out on the first wave.

And if nobody picks up the franchise option?
Post #: 2309
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 6:59:59 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

KOC picked JJM.
KOC believes he can mold him.
KOC has done a pretty remarkable job with Darnold (and others).

Unless we hoist the trophy.

Darnold isn't going to be resigned.

Probably right.

I’m eager for JJM to get it going. I think there’s a point shy of winning the SB you have to want more than a very green guy..
Post #: 2310
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 7:14:58 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Options as I see it:

The team trading for him would most likely sign him to a long term contract. If no one wants to trade for him (keep in mind competent qb play is in high demand) we can drop the tag and he will become a FA.

Post #: 2311
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 7:21:31 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Options as I see it:

The team trading for him would most likely sign him to a long term contract. If no one wants to trade for him (keep in mind competent qb play is in high demand) we can drop the tag and he will become a FA.

Franchise tag puts him at top 5 of position in salary....they won't be franchising him. QUARTERBACKS: $38,301,000 (non-exclusive), $34,367,000 (transition)

Post #: 2312
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 7:38:15 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Options as I see it:

Franchise tag puts him at top 5 of position in salary....they won't be franchising him. QUARTERBACKS: $38,301,000 (non-exclusive), $34,367,000 (transition)

The tag in this instance is merely a tool to hold him under our control until a trade is facilitated.

Post #: 2313
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 9:05:37 AM   
Bill Johanesen

From Pro Football Network: Franchise tags are fully guaranteed. As soon as the player signs the tender, his one-year salary cannot be rescinded, even if he’s traded.

So before the ink on the offer is dry, we could be on the hook for about $40 million, uncertain as to the outcome, while JJM rots.

The only way Darnold gets that bag is if the Vikes win the SB. Like Dan brought up, after that I don't care. They can give him ownership of the team. The first player/owner. HC too for that matter.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 9/27/2024 9:15:27 AM >
Post #: 2314
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 9:14:13 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

I'm just saying ...

if you respond to a post by saying 'you do this' or 'you do that' ... grammar and syntax require the original poster to take the comment as directed at them.

It feels like to me you think Ive got it in for you. I don't. I don't have it in for anyone.

I merely explained the context of my response.
Post #: 2315
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 9:26:46 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

I'm just saying ...

I merely explained the context of my response.

Ok.

I could of brought up the same subj without quoting someone - just went for it after reading your post
Post #: 2316
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 9:33:50 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Options as I see it:

The tag in this instance is merely a tool to hold him under our control until a trade is facilitated.

I understand where you are going with it but it would be the exact opposite of their plan that allowed them to stack the defense with more talent....

Odds are very low.

Post #: 2317
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 11:57:29 AM   
David Levine

Is the NFL ready to give Brian Flores a second chance?

https://andscape.com/features/is-the-nfl-ready-to-give-brian-flores-a-second-chance/
Post #: 2318
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 12:16:12 PM   
bongbong

quote:

Dan,

Have seen a couple of segments including Tony Dungy that put this week's game as a litmus test for this D. Will show whether they can stop a power run game (with Willis also being able to keep it and run). Seems like we were getting gashed by Mason until SF went away from it.
Post #: 2319
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 12:25:42 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

All that we need this team to do is put the puke in a hole, behind the sticks and the scoreboard and their running game wil evaporate..

I have faith that the defense will rise to the occ.. nothing motivates like puker green and piss yellow..
We beat them at lambs blow last October, before our QB situation turned into a shit show.

I don’t see that happening.

Doubters gotta doubt.

I am choosing to be positive.. it’s the only thing carrying e along this month.
Post #: 2320
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 12:55:10 PM   
Todd M

We shouldn’t really have a problem this week. GB has beat a couple weaker teams and Willis isn’t anything for this Defense to worry about.

Keep it clean on TO’s and roll….

36-13
Post #: 2321
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 2:24:34 PM   
Ricky J

"I just think as a whole, there's not enough emphasis put on the organization's role in the development of the position, meaning I believe that organizations fail young quarterbacks before young quarterbacks fail organizations," K O'Connell said
Post #: 2322
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 3:10:27 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Is the NFL ready to give Brian Flores a second chance?

https://andscape.com/features/is-the-nfl-ready-to-give-brian-flores-a-second-chance/

Boy, I hope not! I want about three more years with him as dc. And I hate the 3-4 base defense!
Post #: 2323
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 3:19:53 PM   
Todd M

Not bad. We’ll just be wo Pace this Sunday.

I hope Addison is ready to produce. Nailor was doing great.
Post #: 2324
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 3:31:54 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Not bad. We’ll just be wo Pace this Sunday.

I hope Addison is ready to produce. Nailor was doing great.

I would love to see some 3 wr sets this week with all 3 in quite a bit. Nailor should do very well against 3rd corners.
Post #: 2325
Page:   <<   < prev  90 91 92 [93] 94   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  90 91 92 [93] 94   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode