Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: ratoppenheimer
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  90 91 92 93 [94]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 3:41:04 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Not bad. We’ll just be wo Pace this Sunday.

I hope Addison is ready to produce. Nailor was doing great.

I would love to see some 3 wr sets this week with all 3 in quite a bit. Nailor should do very well against 3rd corners.

Exciting to think about.

Running from that look too.
Post #: 2326
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 3:52:01 PM   
Mark C. Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Why wait on JJM? Let's trade him now. Then if Darnold reverts to being Darnold, we can again enter the offseason with the worst QB situation in the league.

The conclusions from just three games are nothing short of astounding.

I personally think we should trade Darnold, but not immediately. Bide our time, then the second the MVP votes are tabulated - BANG BOOM WHISTLE POP - pull the trigger. At the zenith of his trade value.

I saw enough of JJ in one preseason game to move on from 10 Darnolds.

Oh hell. After achieving the zenith of Darnold trade value, I’d even trade JJ too for maximum zenith trade value, if there was a prospect we fancied in the next draft.

Someone we could truly say was ‘our guy’.

None of this lucking out crap with draft bust Darnold and 4th choice JJ.

The team has 14 regular season games left...or, what we'd call an entire season in the past. Let's just wait to see how THIS season plays out before worrying about trading players.
Post #: 2327
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 4:28:12 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark C. Johnson

quote:

quote:

Why wait on JJM? Let's trade him now. Then if Darnold reverts to being Darnold, we can again enter the offseason with the worst QB situation in the league.

I personally think we should trade Darnold, but not immediately. Bide our time, then the second the MVP votes are tabulated - BANG BOOM WHISTLE POP - pull the trigger. At the zenith of his trade value.

Oh hell. After achieving the zenith of Darnold trade value, I’d even trade JJ too for maximum zenith trade value, if there was a prospect we fancied in the next draft.

The team has 14 regular season games left...or, what we'd call an entire season in the past. Let's just wait to see how THIS season plays out before worrying about trading players.

What the … !!!

That post failed 10 years ago.

Thanks for responding but you’re talking to my battered carcass at this point.
Post #: 2328
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 4:30:22 PM   
Jeff Jesser

I'm really curious to see how the D holds up against their run game.
Post #: 2329
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 4:32:32 PM   
Ricky J

:)
Post #: 2330
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 4:41:38 PM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: bongbong

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Dan,
More Ice from hell....I have enjoyed watching the team so far.

Everyone talks QBs but both sides of the ball are contributing for the first time in a long time.....as good as Zimmer's defense was it didn't have this 4 man pass rush as Zim used the blitz so much. This defense reminds me of Doleman and Millard/Purple People Defenses but in a different way as those defenses did have some weaknesses that were exposed at times but Flores seems to scheme to the offenses weaknesses depending which team he is facing by the position flexibility of the roster.

This defense has been beyond entertaining. I remember the teams were we had 3-4 guys making all the plays.

That also puts less pressure on our QB....

Have seen a couple of segments including Tony Dungy that put this week's game as a litmus test for this D. Will show whether they can stop a power run game (with Willis also being able to keep it and run). Seems like we were getting gashed by Mason until SF went away from it.

Disagree... the were getting gashed... adjusted in the 2nd half and did a much better job of limiting runs.
Post #: 2331
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 5:54:10 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark C. Johnson

quote:

quote:

What the … !!!

That post failed 10 years ago.

Thanks for responding but you’re talking to my battered carcass at this point.

Apparently some posters log in, read the last post of the thread, and reply if they feel it's a necessity. Then maybe they work, yikes, backwards?

Others pile on as they move forward, sort of like a late hit. I scroll forward and late hit a dumbassery post at the risk of it having been called out already cause I'm too lazy to go back and forth.

Others I guess simply forget it was discussed 40 posts ago.

Your post, during the four second era of 'jumping to conclusions' fame, has a lot of nuances and subtleties for some... or it's a complex riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. Nevertheless, it still is quite controversial!
Post #: 2332
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 6:02:49 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Sorry you took the hit Tom, weirdly after I postulated having NO QB, but as a sycophant that's part of your job description.
Post #: 2333
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 6:15:09 PM   
Ricky J

Wow!

You poor guys!

Nothing in that pile of shit is even close ...

So much for trying to get along
Post #: 2334
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 7:28:50 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Sorry you took the hit Tom, weirdly after I postulated having NO QB, but as a sycophant that's part of your job description.

Maybe my ribbing and sarcasm about premature trade / tag speculation was miscommunicated, or misplaced coming right after your point blank to the head ‘we’ve only played 3 games’ comment. Which I agreed with.

Then tried to riff off of … not out of sycophancy but because it is just way too early to know how things will go, much less plan from that. This started well before this thread with Marty’s angst over losing Darnold and drawing up strategies.

Onward.
Post #: 2335
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 8:34:49 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Wow!

You poor guys!

I don't even know if I should respond to your posts anymore ...

In this case, if I'm included in the 'you poor guys' comment.

Its like talking to a dude with a glass eye that's not lined up right. 'Is he talking to me? I think he is but its really hard to tell.'
Post #: 2336
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2024 11:11:13 PM   
thebigo

quote:

"I just think as a whole, there's not enough emphasis put on the organization's role in the development of the position, meaning I believe that organizations fail young quarterbacks before young quarterbacks fail organizations," K O'Connell said

Sounds like a shot against the bears.
Post #: 2337
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/28/2024 12:19:52 AM   
Tom Sykes

Part of me is glad Jaire Alexander might not play Sunday. Same for any Packer starter.

Another part wants JJ to crush him down to the molecular level.

The media has been trying so hard to stoke a rivalry.
Post #: 2338
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/28/2024 12:44:40 AM   
marty

Tom

I never expressed any angst about losing Darnold.

I have some concerns about losing Bflo, but we can just see how it plays out, let's not get too worried Bflo it happens.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2339
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/28/2024 6:39:36 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Tom

I never expressed any angst about losing Darnold.

I have some concerns about losing Bflo, but we can just see how it plays out, let's not get too worried Bflo it happens.

Thats right! That earlier back and forth was about keeping Bflo over KOC. Because some of our previous coordinators went on to win a SB.

Like the current conversation, basing future long term projections off of our early success now.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 9/28/2024 6:50:20 AM >
Post #: 2340
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/28/2024 9:40:00 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Wow!

You poor guys!

I wasn't even referring to you.
Post #: 2341
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/28/2024 9:43:51 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Maybe my ribbing and sarcasm about premature trade / tag speculation was miscommunicated, or misplaced coming right after your point blank to the head ‘we’ve only played 3 games’ comment. Which I agreed with.

Then tried to riff off of … not out of sycophancy but because it is just way too early to know how things will go, much less plan from that. This started well before this thread with Marty’s angst over losing Darnold and drawing up strategies.

Onward.

This wealth at QB thing is too much to handle! "You want two QBs, you can't handle two QBs!!"
Post #: 2342
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/28/2024 10:54:58 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

I seriously doubt we will use EITHER tag on Darnold after the season is over..

Unless he gets us into an NFCCG, or, let’s go all the way to winning the Super Bowl… Sam Darnold was/is a 1 year rental that dropped in our lap, after the “Corporate Choice” as, all in QBOTF, was injured in preseason.

Management took a huge chance on Darnold. Why? Because anyone.. could see that mullet and hall were not going to be actually competitive, “ put butts in seats” leaders of the offense.

Darnold was the best way they could have addressed the need for a QB with both ability, mobility, and the arm strength to make KOC’s offense work as designed.

At $10,000,000 for one year, he was a steal. He works well in KOC’s system, so far. His accuracy and arm strength and MOBILITY to keep plays alive, is so far above the mediocrity that we have been comfortable with, in the past 6 years.

Darnold has made our offense, truly dynamic.
His ability to score and create, and salvage drives and milk the clock, has allowed our defense to rest, recover, review and recharge, leading to dominate performance.

It all matters..

Let’s let the season play out before we start building statutes, sand castles, and houses of cards over players and coaches.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 9/28/2024 11:01:47 AM >
Post #: 2343
Page:   <<   < prev  90 91 92 93 [94]
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  90 91 92 93 [94]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode