Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  95 96 [97] 98 99   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2024 2:59:02 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

There were 2 plays yesterday that make you start to wonder if Marty is on to something regarding his GB conspiracy theory.

1. The int that was reviewed and they still got it horribly wrong. There is no way that was a pick in any football game
2. The spotting of the ball at the end. He made that and it wasn't that close

It sure seemed like they wanted GB to get back in to and they wanted a photo finish.

The INT should have been reversed but there was an unbelievable amount of calls that required the macrophotography used to view the hair on spiders and some of them were still subjective.

I also thought the number and timing of calls in the first half favored us.

So I’ll believe the Refs were unconsciously trying to even out the calls a bit.

But Marty’s interpretation? No, I know this because there was no theremin music playing in the background. No Marty - Lambeau conspiracy, no Chinese sonic attacks on the refs nor alien pregame brain swapping.

[Soundtrack for this post: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MwPUgeCBIYE ]
Post #: 2401
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2024 3:14:21 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

One time when playing for a FG was the right call but we were playing for Jones gets his Lambeau keep.

The one time I was upset with Jones was when he ran out of bounds...

Not much talk about it... but that was actually a somewhat big deal... if GB pulls out the comeback... that play would have been a BIG contributer.

Need to clean up the little things.

There were 3 really bad plays on the day starting with the worst....Nailor punt muff, Darnold throw to Jones (even though it shouldn't have been an INT), and Jones not staying in Bounds.

I will take a win in Carl GerschmitLand any day though.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 9/30/2024 3:17:20 PM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2402
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2024 3:27:52 PM   
Lars

My $0.02:

Nice win - it's tough to win on the road and we did it in GB - love it!!

The refs were awful. How many challenges did we use? The "INT" was not an INT.

I think the spot on the end around was bad.

I didn't like the pass call on 3rd down at the end of the first half.

I didn't mind the call going for it late on their end. Up two scores, you count on the defense to hold them....

Calling them game for a DC when up 28 is tough. You don't want to get too aggressive and give them a huge play on a busted coverage, but you don't want to go prevent. What we got was mostly Cover-2. I would have preferred they stuck with the gameplan.

The Pack are overrated. Those same two teams play 10 times, MN is winning 9 or them....

Jones is the perfect RB for this offense.

The Jets are trash, but their defense is pretty darn good.

Love that our kicker made his FG, bit the other team's kicker sucked! "Bout time!!

Keep it rolling!

<this space for rent>
Post #: 2403
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2024 3:32:43 PM   
Lars

The Nailor muff was brutal.

<this space for rent>
Post #: 2404
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2024 4:02:28 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Olson

Haven't seen much on our problems with clock management and coaching decisions at ends of halves...

I really felt the decision to pass on 3rd and 1 before the end of the first half was not smart...

With 1:21 left in the half, we only ran off 4 seconds there...

on one hand, I admire the guts and confidence to pass there, but running there, at worst, we fail to get the 1 yd and force them to call a TO...that was a gift to GB

Then, again, I like the guts and confidence of going for it on 4th...they have a long field, little time, etc if we don't pick it up...should have been able to trust the D, but a FG with the drafted cold blood kicker, would have sealed it, pretty much, at 34-22...

Did you guys like the confidence shown by KOC? or is playing it safe smarter?

Agree re not running on the drive before the half. Stupid.

On the 4th and 1, sort of 50/50. Liked the idea of, as you say, likely going up 12 points. But also liked the idea of maybe going up 16 points AND running more time off the clock. Had they made it, it would have been a wonderful MMQB call.

IDK about the confidence shown by KOC, but confidence-wise I'm sure the O wanted to go for it and they appreciated the confidence he had in them.
Post #: 2405
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2024 4:58:22 PM  1 votes
ratoppenheimer

quote:

There were 2 plays yesterday that make you start to wonder if Marty is on to something regarding his GB conspiracy theory.

1. The int that was reviewed and they still got it horribly wrong. There is no way that was a pick in any football game

It sure seemed like they wanted GB to get back in to and they wanted a photo finish.

I fully expected a challenge...o'connell had already won three challenges, we had the timeouts, and this was huge....

i think that the game had already become a surreal nightmare, and we were all losing our minds - but o'connell was the one that was going to hang, and on national tv, so the conclusion couldn't come soon enough...it was high-anxiety russian roulette....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 2406
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2024 5:00:23 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

I fully expected a challenge...o'connell had already won three challenges, we had the timeouts, and this was huge....

i think that the game had already become a surreal nightmare, and we were all losing our minds - but o'connell was the one that was going to hang, and on national tv, so the conclusion couldn't come soon enough...it was high-anxiety russian roulette - the fear of fear itself....

There is no way to have a 4th Challenge. You don't get to keep challenging plays until you get one wrong.

quote:

At any time before the two-minute warning of each half or overtime period, the head coach of either team can signal a challenge by throwing a red flag onto the field. He's allowed only two challenges per game, but if both challenges are successful, he's given a third.
Post #: 2407
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2024 5:18:11 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

i think that the game had already become a surreal nightmare, and we were all losing our minds - but o'connell was the one that was going to hang, and on national tv, so the conclusion couldn't come soon enough...it was high-anxiety russian roulette - the fear of fear itself....

There is no way to have a 4th Challenge. You don't get to keep challenging plays until you get one wrong.

quote:

At any time before the two-minute warning of each half or overtime period, the head coach of either team can signal a challenge by throwing a red flag onto the field. He's allowed only two challenges per game, but if both challenges are successful, he's given a third.

that makes complete sense because i'm certain he would have used it if available...when i'm watching a vikies' game, even though I have the audio on, i'm normally zoned out in terms of listening to commentators....

Post #: 2408
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2024 5:42:06 PM   
Todd M

YSG one challenge and keep it until you lose a challenge.
Post #: 2409
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2024 7:19:06 PM   
beo

quote:

YSG one challenge and keep it until you lose a challenge.

Agreed.

You can't challenge this play because you already had to fix 3 bad ref mistakes?!?!

I get they don't want the game to go forever, but for @#$$# sake... fix the refs... not limit fixing the calls.
Post #: 2410
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2024 8:00:29 PM  1 votes
Todd M

I nickname that highlight the double bibber bobber.

Seahawks Lions game.
Post #: 2411
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2024 8:46:12 PM   
David Levine

Vikings are the first team in NFL history to win 3 straight games, without trailing, against teams that were in the Playoffs the previous season.
Post #: 2412
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2024 10:23:00 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lars

My $0.02:

Nice win - it's tough to win on the road and we did it in GB - love it!!

The refs were awful. How many challenges did we use? The "INT" was not an INT.

I think the spot on the end around was bad.

I didn't like the pass call on 3rd down at the end of the first half.

I didn't mind the call going for it late on their end. Up two scores, you count on the defense to hold them....

Calling them game for a DC when up 28 is tough. You don't want to get too aggressive and give them a huge play on a busted coverage, but you don't want to go prevent. What we got was mostly Cover-2. I would have preferred they stuck with the gameplan.

The Pack are overrated. Those same two teams play 10 times, MN is winning 9 or them....

Jones is the perfect RB for this offense.

The Jets are trash, but their defense is pretty darn good.

Love that our kicker made his FG, bit the other team's kicker sucked! "Bout time!!

Keep it rolling!

Nice recap, as always.

There was some dribble after your post.
Post #: 2413
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2024 10:25:24 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

i think that the game had already become a surreal nightmare, and we were all losing our minds - but o'connell was the one that was going to hang, and on national tv, so the conclusion couldn't come soon enough...it was high-anxiety russian roulette....

How many challenges do you normally expect a single HC to make?
Post #: 2414
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2024 10:27:47 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

I nickname that highlight the double bibber bobber.

Seahawks Lions game.

Post #: 2415
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2024 10:32:12 PM  1 votes
Bill Johanesen

Hopefully posters like Barb Freeze, Mike Slipy, and even JC will post cause the board needs some upgrades.
Post #: 2416
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2024 10:52:47 PM  1 votes
marty

Sometimes rude people like Bill chase good posters away, so we're stuck with Bill, but he does sometimes post some good stuff.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2417
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2024 5:38:08 AM   
Todd M

I’d rather there be 3 undefeated teams and had that extra game on Detroit. They’re going to be nipping at our heels and look to be a tough out playing at home.

Nonetheless what an amazing 1st qtr of the season.
Post #: 2418
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2024 5:49:15 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Sometimes rude people like Bill chase good posters away, so we're stuck with Bill, but he does sometimes post some good stuff.

Certainly Bill’s rudeness, bordering on cruelness must have chased some away.

Sometimes it might be our particular brand of crazy. Yes, meaning you and me.

Sometimes it’s the politics. A group of 4 left bc people were “mean to TOE”.

But, while it may be boring sometimes, if you added in Bill’s buds, the old West coasters, a few Eric’s and boom…more flame wars instead of Vikes stuff. Which Bill would love.

< Message edited by Todd M -- 10/1/2024 6:23:24 AM >
Post #: 2419
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2024 6:30:47 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

How many challenges do you normally expect a single HC to make?

i'd hope that my head coach would challenge applicable plays where they felt we were wronged, and up to the limits imposed by the league....

Post #: 2420
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2024 6:50:26 AM   
Todd M

Goff with a perfect game and a highlight that could be a feature for decades. Hell of a game.

Trying to look at Detroit being good in a way that pushes us to get better and not complacent.
Post #: 2421
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2024 7:56:24 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

But, while it may be boring sometimes, if you added in Bill’s buds, the old West coasters, a few Eric’s and boom…more flame wars instead of Vikes stuff. Which Bill would love.

Any idea what TOE is up to? True Viking fan. Even though we were opposites on politics, he didn't let that get in the way of great civil conversation. I miss that guy.
Post #: 2422
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2024 8:04:12 AM   
Mark Anderson

If we have only one loss at trade deadline and we still look impressive, do you make a move for a stud DLineman or CB? Even though we are low on 2025 draft picks(which means our #1 is in play)

Plenty of cap space in future to add a difference maker.

Think of when SF traded for McCaffrey.
Post #: 2423
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2024 8:16:49 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

You're both right, I'll look to do better.
Post #: 2424
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2024 8:39:21 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

If we have only one loss at trade deadline and we still look impressive, do you make a move for a stud DLineman or CB? Even though we are low on 2025 draft picks(which means our #1 is in play)

Plenty of cap space in future to add a difference maker.

Think of when SF traded for McCaffrey.

That's 9 games in, good question/scenario. It's good to draft players because their cap burden is less, but there is always the chance they don't pan out.

Maybe Kwesi could wheel and deal to scrounge up a 2nd rounder to use to trade. Keep the 1st round pick.

Right now we're in the midst of the Year of the Reclamation Project with Darnold, Gilmore, etc so maybe continue looking for scrap heapers, check in on the disgruntleds, etc.
Post #: 2425
Page:   <<   < prev  95 96 [97] 98 99   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  95 96 [97] 98 99   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode