Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/24/2024 2:49:13 PM   
Phil Riewer

Where would the Twins be if they were .500 against Cleveland this year.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 401
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/24/2024 6:09:59 PM   
Steve Lentz

Bailey Ober retired the final 17 batters during a complete-game victory against Oakland on Saturday and Pablo Lopez retired the first 17 Athletics while striking out 14 over eight shutout innings on Sunday.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 402
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/26/2024 9:44:27 AM   
twinsfan

David Festa makes his MLB debut starting vs Arizona tomorrow.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 403
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/26/2024 11:18:29 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

Paddack to the IL with a "dead arm". Festa was the obvious choice since Varland just got pounded for 11 runs in AAA. I think it's time for Louie to embrace the bullpen.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 404
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/26/2024 12:32:26 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Matt when are the Twins making that big trade midseason where they spend some $$$ as you suggested?

Post #: 405
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/27/2024 9:42:28 AM   
twinsfan

Royce Lewis says some head-scratching stuff. He "doesn't do slumps." WRONG! Everyone does slumps. He's horrible at the plate right now.

I'm gonna say something controversial. Jose Miranda is a better hitter than Royce Lewis.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 406
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/27/2024 9:53:07 AM   
TJSweens

The slump ridden Royce Lewis ....311, .381, .757, 1.138 with 10 HR in 74 AB

The superior Jose Miranda....293, .339, .495, .834 with 8 hr in 208 AB

Happy to have both of them.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 407
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/27/2024 10:20:35 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Royce Lewis says some head-scratching stuff. He "doesn't do slumps." WRONG! Everyone does slumps. He's horrible at the plate right now.

I'm gonna say something controversial. Jose Miranda is a better hitter than Royce Lewis.

You do have your favorites....falls into the GROSSman category.

Post #: 408
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/27/2024 11:59:00 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

The slump ridden Royce Lewis ....311, .381, .757, 1.138 with 10 HR in 74 AB

The superior Jose Miranda....293, .339, .495, .834 with 8 hr in 208 AB

Happy to have both of them.

Simple question...if they are both good. Who cares who is better?

"The same people who voted for him because "he says what he means" are arguing he didn't mean what he said."
Post #: 409
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/27/2024 12:57:13 PM   
Trekgeekscott

There is always someone on the roster mired in a slump. That's when you want other guys to pick up the slack and be hot. We seem to be getting that right now. Eventually Correa will cool off, but then Lewis will be raking, Then he'll slump and Buxton will tear the cover off the ball, then Miranda is there when Buxton starts stumbling.

I Like the non pitchers on this club right now, for the most part (except you Kyle Farmer). Starting pitching has been shaky but they seem to be coming out of it a bit now...now we need the bullpen to be more consistent.

"The same people who voted for him because "he says what he means" are arguing he didn't mean what he said."
Post #: 410
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/27/2024 1:58:46 PM  1 votes
twinsfan

Royce Lewis saying he doesn't do slumps is like Donald Trump saying he only picks the best people. That's what bothers me about it.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 411
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/27/2024 2:02:20 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Royce Lewis saying he doesn't do slumps is like Donald Trump saying he only picks the best people. That's what bothers me about it.

You need a double dose of who cares. You don't care when they are 11 games under .500 but when one of their stars jokes about not hitting a HR every day....

It must be a conspiracy!!!!

Post #: 412
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/27/2024 2:20:04 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

You need a double dose of who cares. You don't care when they are 11 games under .500 but when one of their stars jokes about not hitting a HR every day....

I guess I missed the joke.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 413
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/27/2024 2:22:23 PM   
Trekgeekscott

So, anyone excited, even a little, that David Festa is making his big league debut today?

Let's go young man!!!

Post #: 414
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/27/2024 2:44:27 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

So, anyone excited, even a little, that David Festa is making his big league debut today?

Let's go young man!!!

I will be more excited for Lee but yepper.

Post #: 415
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/27/2024 2:45:04 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

You know how everything you don't agree with is a lie or conspiracy.....you started it.

Post #: 416
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/27/2024 2:51:56 PM  1 votes
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You know how everything you don't agree with is a lie or conspiracy.....you started it.

Post #: 417
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/27/2024 3:21:39 PM   
Phil Riewer

Kenny Van Doren
@thevandalorian
The #Astros have signed former first-rounder Keoni Cavaco to a Minor League contract. The Twins drafted the shortstop 13th overall in 2019 and released him June 17.

The 23-year-old was assigned to the rookie-level Florida Complex League.

(He is going to try pitching)

Post #: 418
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/28/2024 8:57:05 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

Kenny Van Doren
@thevandalorian
The #Astros have signed former first-rounder Keoni Cavaco to a Minor League contract. The Twins drafted the shortstop 13th overall in 2019 and released him June 17.

The 23-year-old was assigned to the rookie-level Florida Complex League.

(He is going to try pitching)

Like Joe Nathan!

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 419
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/30/2024 5:28:54 PM  1 votes
TJSweens

Rocco is a f*ckin moron.

Post #: 420
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/30/2024 6:09:22 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Rocco is a f*ckin moron.

We need to get Sands back to his role.

Mop up duty(mostly) with a rare occasion(once every 2 weeks) of pitching a pressure packed inning.
Post #: 421
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 7/1/2024 10:31:30 AM  1 votes
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Rocco is a f*ckin moron.

I was thinking that on Friday night, in the game we lost in 10 innings. Not saying this would have changed anything, but Christian Vasquez, batting about .167, coming to the plate, Ryan Jeffers and Byron Buxton still on the bench. This is the IDEAL time to pinch hit for Vazquez. and Vasquez predictably got out, ending the inning and the Mariners walked it off in short order in the bottom of the inning.

In game decisions but this manager cost us a bunch of games a year.

At least they managed to overcome all the Managerial dumbfuckery in the other two games this weekend.

Post #: 422
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 7/1/2024 10:42:45 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Rocco is a f*ckin moron.

I was thinking that on Friday night, in the game we lost in 10 innings. Not saying this would have changed anything, but Christian Vasquez, batting about .167, coming to the plate, Ryan Jeffers and Byron Buxton still on the bench. This is the IDEAL time to pinch hit for Vazquez. and Vasquez predictably got out, ending the inning and the Mariners walked it off in short order in the bottom of the inning.

At least they managed to overcome all the Managerial dumbfuckery in the other two games this weekend.

So many games last year also....Vasquez and Farmer just need to go.

Post #: 423
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 7/1/2024 11:45:31 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Rocco is a f*ckin moron.

He got away with it twice yesterday. After giving up two of the flukiest runs you will ever see, Ryan came right back and got the first two batters in the 6th. Ryan was at 99 pitches and the next two batters were left handed and suddenly Rocco's iPad started alarming and flashing red. Rocco's glazed over...must...bring...in...left...hander. Rocco brings in the lefty with the era over 7, who promptly walks the two left handed batters. The right handed bat that followed hit an absolute rocket, but right at Santana.

Next Polanco was coming up as a right handed bat. Polanco is worse as a RHB and it would have been his first AB from that side after 3 from the left side. Instead Rock-head brings in Sands, so Polanco can get a 4th left handed AB. Jorge gets the game tying hit.

Miranda and Larnach got Rocco off the hook for his over managing the next inning.

Post #: 424
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 7/1/2024 11:54:36 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

Rocco is a f*ckin moron.

He got away with it twice yesterday. After giving up two of the flukiest runs you will ever see, Ryan came right back and got the first two batters in the 6th. Ryan was at 99 pitches and the next two batters were left handed and suddenly Rocco's iPad started alarming and flashing red. Rocco's glazed over...must...bring...in...left...hander. Rocco brings in the lefty with the era over 7, who promptly walks the two left handed batters. The right handed bat that followed hit an absolute rocket, but right at Santana.

Next Polanco was coming up as a right handed bat. Polanco is worse as a RHB and it would have been his first AB from that side after 3 from the left side. Instead Rock-head brings in Sands, so Polanco can get a 4th left handed AB. Jorge gets the game tying hit.

Miranda and Larnach got Rocco off the hook for his over managing the next inning.

When are they going to give up on Thielbar?

He just can't get outs.

It's time for him to go.

It's odd that the lefthander he went to in a tight game was the one that has been struggling the most to get outs.
And you can't say the other two lefthanders out there needed rest because they both pitched later in this game. Why not try Okert or Funderburk first, before you are forced to utilize the useless one? So it's not JUST that he pulled Ryan there for a lefthander, it's also the lefty he chose was the worst one.

You are correct, dodged a bullet on that one.

< Message edited by Trekgeekscott -- 7/1/2024 11:56:08 AM >

Post #: 425
Page:   <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode