Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes water cooler thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  50 51 [52] 53 54   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/17/2016 10:50:10 AM   
David F.

I haven't smoked a cigarette in about eight or nine years. Prior to that I had a few brief periods of success which would last a few months. What worked really great for me was when I went in to the doctor for my (seemingly) annual bout of bronchitis they showed me on the x-ray of my lungs the exact spot where emphysema was starting. I've never smoked since. Scared straight you could say.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1276
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/17/2016 11:08:03 AM   
Toby Stumbo

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toby Stumbo

Hey, any of you Californians got any insider sources for discounted Disneyland tickets?  The family and I are going that way on March 1st and saving money is always awesome!

I'll check at work if we have a discount program. Not a Disney guy; don't see how people can afford it. Kudos for being rich if you're even considering it!

Thanks!  Far from rich is why I'm begging for discounts. lol

Wife has wanted the Disney thing for our kids for awhile now, I finally caved. That's what Credit Cards are for, right?

GO VIKES!
Post #: 1277
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/17/2016 11:23:38 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hey, any of you Californians got any insider sources for discounted Disneyland tickets?  The family and I are going that way on March 1st and saving money is always awesome!

I'll check at work if we have a discount program. Not a Disney guy; don't see how people can afford it. Kudos for being rich if you're even considering it!

Wife has wanted the Disney thing for our kids for awhile now, I finally caved. That's what Credit Cards are for, right?

If you don't max out your credit cards you are a bad American.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1278
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/17/2016 12:18:40 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

I did that once. Took me about 3 1/2 years working two jobs to dig myself out. I will accept being a bad American going forward.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1279
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/17/2016 12:35:11 PM   
Toby Stumbo

LOL

GO VIKES!
Post #: 1280
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/17/2016 4:57:44 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sorry, no discount where I currently work. I feel like I've seen it places where I worked before, but someone pointed out that may have been Knott's Berry Farm.
Post #: 1281
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/17/2016 6:38:40 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

I've only paid interest on my credit cards one time - and only because I spaced out the due date. I refuse to get sucked into that hole.

I switched from Cabelas to Wyndham. I prefer the free rooms anymore.
Post #: 1282
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/17/2016 9:46:36 PM   
Jon Thomas

quote:

Not a Cali guy, but been doing the Florida snow bird thing since retiring a long time ago...

The only significant discounts at Disney seem to be for Military (active and retired) and NASA employees. But not FBI, CIA, etc.

The other group that I'm aware sometimes gets free tickets is employees of the "World Wide Leader"... Do you know anyone at your local ESPN affiliate?

The best web site for Disney discounts is http://www.mousesavers.com/disneyland-california-vacation-discounts-and-deals/

The best deals for average Joe's like us are only 5% - 10% discounts. I've heard a Disney ticket price increase is expected soon and by buying now you can save paying the increase. But that's only a few $'s per ticket. They increased ticket prices last year on 2/22/2015.

Maybe you can fly Ed M over so he can get you the military discount

Enjoy your trip... the kids will for sure!

Post #: 1283
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/18/2016 7:09:07 AM   
Toby Stumbo

Thanks for the info, I didn't expect much but never hurts to try.

GO VIKES!
Post #: 1284
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/18/2016 8:50:23 AM  1 votes
bohumm

We've all incurred a charge from Disney for just talking about this.
Post #: 1285
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/18/2016 10:56:30 AM   
Lynn G.

Loved that comment bohumm. And we should all check our next cable bill to make sure a Disney promo fee hasn't been added.

I'm currently getting a kick out of watching five squirrels cavorting like kids in my backyard. There are three gray squirrels, one red squirrel and one albino squirrel - so we truly celebrate diversity in our little slice of heaven.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1286
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/18/2016 11:14:28 AM   
Toby Stumbo

Not sure what I can do, I'm powerless to my cute kids and hot wife.  Be proud of me for holding off this long! 

GO VIKES!
Post #: 1287
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/18/2016 1:07:29 PM   
Jon Thomas

quote:

Not sure what I can do, I'm powerless to my cute kids and hot wife.  Be proud of me for holding off this long! 

Well your best bet then is to maximize your visits to the park.

I would suggest a Disneyland Guide...

This one is very highly rated:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1628090405/ref=pd_aw_sim_14_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=51jnoBvlAoL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL100_SR100%2C100_&refRID=065X3NJ9MA7Z96RN2HH2

Post #: 1288
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/18/2016 2:12:08 PM   
Toby Stumbo

Hey, cool man.  Thanks

GO VIKES!
Post #: 1289
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/18/2016 3:43:24 PM   
pdiercks

I know you said Cali but I go to Florida and I prefer Bush Gardens in Tampa to any of the parks in Orlando. Just an hour or so away but a lot more fun.
Post #: 1290
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/19/2016 10:12:12 AM   
Todd M

This could NOT have come at a better time!!!

quote:

Dear Mallett ,

I Greeting you, I am Barrister Abolo Kwami, a personal Lawyer to Late Engineer G. E. MALLETT , who died with his family on car accident, Without no one coming to claim his fund Eighteen Million Nine Hundred and Fifty Thousand United States Dollars (US$18,950,000.00) deposited in the Bank . I have been mandated by the Bank management to present his relative ;You have the same last name with my late client, so I wish to present you to the Bank as his only relative.

I contacted him and it's only ~$1500 dollars in legal fees to get this money to me. I'll have to not pay rent and sell my mom's jewelry but it's time sensitive so I don't have a choice.

I'm rich sucka's!!!
Post #: 1291
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/19/2016 10:53:46 AM   
Lynn G.

Looks like your ship came in Todd! It may be a crude drawing of a ship on a piece of single ply toilet paper, but a ship it is.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1292
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/19/2016 10:59:25 AM   
SoMnFan

Damn Todd, everything's coming together ....... !
Post #: 1293
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/19/2016 11:04:11 AM   
Todd M

Even if the person got their wording right and didn't sound like an idiot I wonder if people fall for this?
Post #: 1294
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/19/2016 1:02:20 PM   
DavidAOlson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Even if the person got their wording right and didn't sound like an idiot I wonder if people fall for this?

Only someone completely ignorant would fall for the Nigerian scam, which is of course why they do not change the wording. It's a quick way to filter out almost all of the people who wouldn't fall for it, leaving only the most hopelessly gullible.

Feature, not a bug.

I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it. --- Alice
Post #: 1295
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/19/2016 1:08:12 PM   
David F.

Here's a site where they mess with the scammers. Pretty funny stuff on there.

http://www.419eater.com/html/baiting.htm

Post #: 1296
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/19/2016 1:22:43 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

This could NOT have come at a better time!!!

quote:

Dear Mallett ,

I Greeting you, I am Barrister Abolo Kwami, a personal Lawyer to Late Engineer G. E. MALLETT , who died with his family on car accident, Without no one coming to claim his fund Eighteen Million Nine Hundred and Fifty Thousand United States Dollars (US$18,950,000.00) deposited in the Bank . I have been mandated by the Bank management to present his relative ;You have the same last name with my late client, so I wish to present you to the Bank as his only relative.

I contacted him and it's only ~$1500 dollars in legal fees to get this money to me. I'll have to not pay rent and sell my mom's jewelry but it's time sensitive so I don't have a choice.

I'm rich sucka's!!!

I would tell that lawyer that you would be happy to pay him the 1500 once the 18950000.00 is in your bank account.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1297
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/22/2016 7:07:25 AM   
Todd M

It's weird losing 14 pounds in one week and only 1 the next.

Esp considering, on average - I dropped my carb intake the 2nd week vs the first. Considerably.

Also odd, is yesterday was one of my highest carb intake days...all good carbs mind you...and yet my blood sugars were low. They just keep getting lower and lower. Every morning reading - lower. Every daily average - lower. I actually had some minor symptoms of hypoglycemia last night which prompted me to take in an extra snack i.e, more carbs. I had 3 readings in the low 4's yesterday. Or in American numbers below 80. I've read that below 70 is low low...but I can feel it in the low 80's. Gotta talk to someone about that.

My mother in law, who is also diabetic said 'if they can get you below 7 on a regular basis (~125) you're doing good'.

In two weeks I've gone, as a daily avg:

Forget 7's...I'm leaving 6 behind...

This is all on, what I believe to be...fairly entry level metformin dosages and making healthy food choices. With a low active lifestyle.

My concern is starting a new job this week. Nights. Working on the freight team. Probably working hard. How am I going to keep my numbers up? Like I said - I feel it sitting around when my numbers are low...I'm going to need my body to respond to hours of physical exertion...gonna be a tricky one...
Post #: 1298
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/22/2016 7:48:15 AM   
Todd M

I try and imagine doing Atkins or this Keto diet and driving my carb intake to below 50 - and 'preferably' around 20. There. Is. No. Way.

"They" say they're good to help manage diabetes and for sure weight loss. Just my small portion of oatmeal with peanut butter and 1/2 a banana and a tblsp of flax gets me to 40. (32 net)

The wife and I did Atkins once years ago...it worked. Dropped weight like it was going out of style. Eating like that over any length of time is ridiculous though. Plus, now, eating meat all the time would kill my cholesterol (Atkins) and I refuse to eat like a rabbit (Keto).

< Message edited by Todd M -- 2/22/2016 7:50:52 AM >
Post #: 1299
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/22/2016 7:48:47 AM   
joejitsu

quote:

It's weird losing 14 pounds in one week and only 1 the next.

Esp considering, on average - I dropped my carb intake the 2nd week vs the first. Considerably.

Also odd, is yesterday was one of my highest carb intake days...all good carbs mind you...and yet my blood sugars were low. They just keep getting lower and lower. Every morning reading - lower. Every daily average - lower. I actually had some minor symptoms of hypoglycemia last night which prompted me to take in an extra snack i.e, more carbs. I had 3 readings in the low 4's yesterday. Or in American numbers below 80. I've read that below 70 is low low...but I can feel it in the low 80's. Gotta talk to someone about that.

My mother in law, who is also diabetic said 'if they can get you below 7 on a regular basis (~125) you're doing good'.

In two weeks I've gone, as a daily avg:

Forget 7's...I'm leaving 6 behind...

This is all on, what I believe to be...fairly entry level metformin dosages and making healthy food choices. With a low active lifestyle.

My concern is starting a new job this week. Nights. Working on the freight team. Probably working hard. How am I going to keep my numbers up? Like I said - I feel it sitting around when my numbers are low...I'm going to need my body to respond to hours of physical exertion...gonna be a tricky one...

It's pretty common to lose a lot of weight in the first week or so. It's a process. Your body adjusts to the changes you are making. Do not try to lose weight faster by skipping meals, etc. Just keep off the carbs, keep drinking your water, and stay active. It will start coming off at the rate of about a pound a week.
Post #: 1300
Page:   <<   < prev  50 51 [52] 53 54   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  50 51 [52] 53 54   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode