Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes water cooler thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  51 52 [53] 54 55   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/22/2016 7:50:56 AM   
Todd M

Skipping meals is a non starter for me. I eat 3 square plus 3 snacks. And I still needed to get my blood sugars up last night.
Post #: 1301
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/22/2016 7:56:33 AM   
Todd a few years ago I lost 7 pounds the first week of this calorie counting diet, 7 pounds the second week, got pissed like you the third week because I didn't lose any weight (But lost 3 whole pant sizes) then lost another six pounds the following week.

Did you still have any pants that fit?

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 1302
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/22/2016 8:36:58 AM   
Lynn G.

Happy birthday David Levine!

Having a birthday during the offseason means we can't wish for a Viking win to celebrate with you, but in place of that they are fixing a leaky roof in your honor.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1303
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/22/2016 8:41:33 AM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Happy birthday David Levine!

Having a birthday during the offseason means we can't wish for a Viking win to celebrate with you, but in place of that they are fixing a leaky roof in your honor.

Yeah Happy 29th DL...

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 1304
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/22/2016 9:18:35 AM   
Ricky J

Happy Birthday, David!
Post #: 1305
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/22/2016 9:34:00 AM   
joejitsu

Have a great BDay, David! Are you going to one of those Michelin star restaurants, or Jack in the Box for your birthday dinner?
Post #: 1306
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/22/2016 1:04:23 PM   
David Levine

Thank you all!
Post #: 1307
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/22/2016 1:06:09 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

Have a great BDay, David! Are you going to one of those Michelin star restaurants, or Jack in the Box for your birthday dinner?

We actually spent the past 3 days celebrating. Got a suite comped at the Wynn and then had good friends spend the weekend trying to one-up each other with the meals.

It may be hours before I eat again...
Post #: 1308
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/22/2016 1:37:36 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

todd: hypoglycemia is no joke.. keep an "emergency " candy bar or sucrose tabs handy,,

the weak faint feeling can go from "feeling tired" to passed out into a life threatening coma in minutes.

my wife has it sometimes..

has to have sucrose pills in her purse.

do not "tough it out".

also.. a low carb diet, may or may not be the best thing.

.i am not a doctor.. and if yours has you restricting carbs, be sure to address the low blood sugar and weakness and tired feeling with your doctor..

he may lower your dose of the a1c control meds.

everybody needs carbs in some form. they are the quickest and easiest form of food that converts to energy in the body.

when you are at work, keep a pocket full of cheerios or some kind of easy to carry carb with you and have a handful from time to time..

I keep cheese sticks in my lunch box which is near the bathroom in our shipping department breakroom.. if i get tired , i go for a "bathroom break" and grab a cheese stick and peel it open and eat it for a little boost..

cutting calories forces your body to break down stored fat for metabolic energy, but it is more complex and takes time to burn fat..

do NOT "avoid Carbs" like a plague..

your body needs some, always.

sugar carbs come from three primary sources.

sucrose = carbs

Fructose = fruits and veggies

Lactose = milk and dairy

yogurt is good for you

can be snacky.. has good digestive biologic cultures and provides a lot of protein for its serving size..

be sure to check with doctor about the extreme low blood sugar, asap

it is serious.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 2/22/2016 1:41:40 PM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1309
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/22/2016 1:48:25 PM   
Lynn G.

I should probably post this in the Timberwolves thread, but I am not a basketball fan and don't post over there.

My non-profit "Books on Wings" just received a grant from the Timberwolves Fastbreak Foundation that I applied for at the end of January. We were chosen as one of the recipients and included will be 12 tickets to the game on March 30th IN A SUITE, with some food and beverage included, plus a short ceremony pregame to honor our work!

How cool is that? So my first Timberwolves game will be in a suite.

And most importantly my non-profit will be receiving a really nice check, and I did the math and figured that we'll be able to get books to just over 1000 kids with that.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1310
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/22/2016 1:58:14 PM  1 votes
Trekgeekscott

quote:

I should probably post this in the Timberwolves thread, but I am not a basketball fan and don't post over there.

My non-profit "Books on Wings" just received a grant from the Timberwolves Fastbreak Foundation that I applied for at the end of January. We were chosen as one of the recipients and included will be 12 tickets to the game on March 30th IN A SUITE, with some food and beverage included, plus a short ceremony pregame to honor our work!

And most importantly my non-profit will be receiving a really nice check, and I did the math and figured that we'll be able to get books to just over 1000 kids with that.

Nice Job Lynn.

That's fantastic.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1311
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/22/2016 2:01:11 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Nice Job Lynn.

That's fantastic.

Yes, that's excellent! Enjoy!
Post #: 1312
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/22/2016 2:10:45 PM   
Todd M

quote:

be sure to check with doctor about the extreme low blood sugar, asap

I talked with a nurse through a service. She said I should talk to my dr as well.

My numbers are good today. If I go down again tonight I will see the dr tomorrow. I have my regularly scheduled apt for a week from now but it could very well be I need to take the meds down a notch sooner rather than later.

Which is kind of a good thing. I cannot imagine for the life of me trying to figure out insulin shots at this time. I haven't had a high number in more than a week of a 2 week start. Then again I don't know what amount of metformin I would have been given if I started on the insulin shots at the same time.

All I know...other than the odd crash last night everything has been looking good. And if I already need less medication then I deserve a shiny star or something. I think the dr thought 'good luck fatty' with my pre diabetes diet and figured I'd need a whole shit ton of meds to give me a chance. Little does he know...
Post #: 1313
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/22/2016 2:45:17 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Congrats!!
Post #: 1314
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/22/2016 5:02:30 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

We actually spent the past 3 days celebrating. Got a suite comped at the Wynn and then had good friends spend the weekend trying to one-up each other with the meals.

Comped? Three days? You're the man! Sounds like a blast.
Post #: 1315
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/22/2016 5:04:39 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

Good for you, Lynn! As a fellow non-for-profit employee, I am happy for you. And the folks you help.
Post #: 1316
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/22/2016 5:33:06 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Comped? Three days? You're the man! Sounds like a blast.

It was ridiculous. The food highlight was probably the 90 day dry-aged Rib-eyes with a few bottles of the best wine I've ever had. Especially the 1100.00 (!) Brunello that changed the way I thought of reds...
Post #: 1317
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/22/2016 9:54:28 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Nice!

Who you inviting to the game?
Post #: 1318
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/22/2016 10:23:06 PM   
Lynn G.

Sorry - I think the six of us who serve on the board and our six spouses will use up all 12 tickets.

Post #: 1319
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/23/2016 12:51:26 AM   
thebigo

quote:

Sorry - I think the six of us who serve on the board and our six spouses will use up all 12 tickets.

Post #: 1320
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/23/2016 8:13:59 AM   
Lynn G.

Next time Todd!

Post #: 1321
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/23/2016 10:53:11 AM  1 votes
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Don't cry Bigo....it's the Timberwolves.

They are a sucky team...and basketball sucks in general...especially the NBA.

You're not going to miss anything.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1322
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/23/2016 12:36:00 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Way to go Lynn. Congrats to you and your non-profit.
I experienced the Suite Life once. It was awesome. This was back in the last great gophers basketball season I think it was 1994. You know the one that didn't happen where we "didn't" go to the final four. While enjoying the food booze and Wolves we were also watching the Gophers playing Indiana on TV. Gophers came back from 8 or 9 down with 30 seconds remaining for the win. What a great night.
Post #: 1323
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/23/2016 1:41:04 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Congrats Lynn!
You've had some awesome success while pursuing a love.
Good on you, young lady.

< Message edited by SoMnFan -- 2/23/2016 7:04:05 PM >
Post #: 1324
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/23/2016 4:36:33 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

That's big! Following your passion while helping others. It doesn't get much better than that. ENJOY!!!!!

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 1325
Page:   <<   < prev  51 52 [53] 54 55   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  51 52 [53] 54 55   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode