Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes water cooler thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 3/25/2016 9:07:58 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Think long term. For another football analogy, perhaps Todd is the new draftee on the team. But of a weight problem in college. Highly motivated. Bright kid and hard worker who wants to improve. Pretty high pick so he's going to be around at least 3 years of his contract. So now he's in the mix to start. No, let's say he is penciled in to start. From here, he has to create a lifestyle that offers enough rewards to make it all worthwhile. Fortunately, most of that is subjective and mental. Anyway, he has to do this long-term in order to hold down his starting spot. He's a proven commodity. All the tools are there. And Coach Zimmer is going to be on his ass if he slips up!

In retrospect, he is NOT going to be penciled in to start. This will force him to work a little extra and probably win the spot on his own merit.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 3/25/2016 9:13:26 AM >
Post #: 1401
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 3/25/2016 10:01:35 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Think long term. For another football analogy, perhaps Todd is the new draftee on the team. But of a weight problem in college. Highly motivated. Bright kid and hard worker who wants to improve. Pretty high pick so he's going to be around at least 3 years of his contract. So now he's in the mix to start. No, let's say he is penciled in to start. From here, he has to create a lifestyle that offers enough rewards to make it all worthwhile. Fortunately, most of that is subjective and mental. Anyway, he has to do this long-term in order to hold down his starting spot. He's a proven commodity. All the tools are there. And Coach Zimmer is going to be on his ass if he slips up!

In retrospect, he is NOT going to be penciled in to start. This will force him to work a little extra and probably win the spot on his own merit.

I'm sure he will start. Be careful with retirement, though ... too many people just sit on their ass and let things slip away.
Post #: 1402
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 3/25/2016 10:42:21 AM   
David Levine

Super impressive, Todd. Especially the dedication to sticking to it.
Post #: 1403
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 3/25/2016 5:23:44 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Day 44 and I'm down 40lbs.

Holy wow!

Awesome man.
Post #: 1404
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 3/25/2016 6:42:33 PM   
Steve Lentz

Nice effort Todd. Very impressed.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 1405
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 4/4/2016 11:27:46 AM   
Todd M

I can't wait to staple the 'You no longer have diabetes' certificate to my mother in law's fat face.

Just because she has had type2 for decades doesn't mean I'm destined to. She's barely keeping 'ok' numbers through diet and insulin injections - plus whatever oral ones she takes...

I was initially set up with 3 500mg pills of metformin. Only because I balked on starting off on insulin.

So last night...it was about 10:00 and the way the day played out...I hadn't taken my 3rd pill...or had my 3rd substantial food intake. So I figure I'll test my blood and see where it's at. 5.2 (93.6) That's a pretty good number. So I drink a tall glass of the chocolate smoothies we make up. Test an hour later...5.6 (100.8) still pretty shiny. Test this morning @ 6.0 (108) We're still rocking. And this is WITHOUT taking my 3rd pill.

So I ask my MIL what she would have done with good numbers not having taken my pill. I get this huge lecture about how foolish I'm being if I think I'll EVER reverse my diebetes, eat at the right times and take your damn medicine!!!

Ok...so I'm not fooling myself at the 2 month mark thinking I'm good now...but my numbers IMO are beyond reproach. I test 5's almost all the time.

I was reading others online question their #'s/medication and they thought they were doing a good job seeing lots of 8's (144) to me that's having some control with diet and medication. I'm so clear of those #'s it's not even close. I bet they're on par with the bulk of any healthy person's...

So that leads me to believe that I AM going to get off all the medication. If you want to say I am a diabetic at that time...have at it. I think as long as I don't revert back to my old ways I will be clear of it. Thoughts?
Post #: 1406
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 4/4/2016 11:42:00 AM   
Todd M

Chocolate cravings...

Want some every day. Have it most days.

A little comparison - my chocolate smoothies vs a medium chocolate shake from McDonalds:

My smoothie. 1% milk, 0% yogurt, all natural peanut butter, natural cocoa powder, raw honey. Ice.

250 calories, 10g fat, 5g fiber, 28 net carbs.

Mcdonald's med chocolate shake. Processed crap:

710 calories, 21g fat, 1g fiber, 114 net carbs.

And I'm not sacrificing with mine...it's satisfying and delicious.
Post #: 1407
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 4/4/2016 12:25:50 PM   
Todd M

Bad mentality.

Been 10 days since I was at the 40 lb loss mark and I want to be at 50 sooooooo bad. Got a few to go but I feel this 10lbs has been stubborn. I feel I plateaued last week there a bit...ironically - from reducing my calories by about 1000/day over the course of 3 days. Not by choice - screwed up my budget. Then I think - dude it's been 10 days...relax...this 10lbs might take a whole 2 weeks.

Probably going to join a gym next payday. Gotta get through the last 50lbs and I don't want to wait all year....
Post #: 1408
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 4/4/2016 12:37:11 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

Bad mentality.

Been 10 days since I was at the 40 lb loss mark and I want to be at 50 sooooooo bad. Got a few to go but I feel this 10lbs has been stubborn. I feel I plateaued last week there a bit...ironically - from reducing my calories by about 1000/day over the course of 3 days. Not by choice - screwed up my budget. Then I think - dude it's been 10 days...relax...this 10lbs might take a whole 2 weeks.

Probably going to join a gym next payday. Gotta get through the last 50lbs and I don't want to wait all year....

dude, it has taken me a YEAR to lose 40 pounds.. i was @ 203 yesterday after lunch..

like i said this is the first winter i haven't ballooned back up to over 225 lbs in over ten years..

stick with it..

once you reprogram your body and mind.. it will accept the new habits and you will quit having to over think it.. '

it becomes habit..

a new better one..

currently I'm struggling with cigs.. damn wife anyway..

STOP BUYING THEM!!

GTFOOOHWTS!!

please?

pretty please??

With sugar substitute on top of your 11 grams of sugar per serving hazelnut flavored coffee creamer...

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1409
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 4/4/2016 12:43:55 PM   
Todd M

quote:

With sugar substitute on top of your 11 grams of sugar per serving hazelnut flavored coffee creamer...

Sorry...had a wry little chuckle at that. "I'm cutting down!"

Having a partner that needs to change can be a blessing or a curse. Depends on how much they're buying in a guess. If you're doing all the heavy lifting and they're only making a token effort it can be that much more challenging. My issue is my wife is an extra devil on my shoulder. Much more relaxed about 'cheating'...wanting.

We're not completely on the same page.
Post #: 1410
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 4/8/2016 4:51:58 PM   
Todd M

That 10 lbs fought me hard! 15 days it took!

Started Feb 9th and just got the scale to give me 260. 50lbs. Half way mark.

Joined the gym last week and worked out 4/5 days. Have nothing so I'm not going to go today. Regardless...something tells me this next 50 is going to take a lot of work. Wendy's is trying to make it extra hard...coming back with my favorite sandwich of all time...the Jalapeno Fresco sandwich. Celebrate 50lbs by running a grabbing a couple?

I know it's all spread out but for fun...grabbed a 50lb weight. Man life was harder carrying that around.
Post #: 1411
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 4/8/2016 5:11:06 PM   
David F.

The change in your body with the loss of 50 lbs is nearly insignificant when compared to the change in your general attitude and outlook on life that comes through in your posting. I feel a brightness when reading your posts that was never there before. Clearly there is a ripple effect of benefit that extends outwardly from you and that's pretty cool if you ask me.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1412
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 4/8/2016 5:23:15 PM   
Todd M

That is pretty cool. Thanks for saying that.

Part of my wants to defend what I was before...I thought I was cool and fun loving...but while I may have tried there was a dark cloud that shadowed over me a lot of the time. I'm lighter in body and spirit.

Makes me wonder how many people are affected by a poor diet like that. People fight, are difficult, miserable...maybe a lot of it is they eat like shit?
Post #: 1413
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 4/8/2016 5:58:01 PM   
David F.

If this was therapy the counselor would consider this a breakthrough.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1414
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 4/8/2016 6:17:19 PM   
thebigo

quote:

That 10 lbs fought me hard! 15 days it took!

Started Feb 9th and just got the scale to give me 260. 50lbs. Half way mark.

Joined the gym last week and worked out 4/5 days. Have nothing so I'm not going to go today. Regardless...something tells me this next 50 is going to take a lot of work. Wendy's is trying to make it extra hard...coming back with my favorite sandwich of all time...the Jalapeno Fresco sandwich. Celebrate 50lbs by running a grabbing a couple?

I know it's all spread out but for fun...grabbed a 50lb weight. Man life was harder carrying that around.

Maybe try the Jalapeno Fresca sandwich
Post #: 1415
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 4/8/2016 6:32:13 PM   
Todd M

No go without the O.

I used to enjoy Fresca. Was the only way I was ever getting grapefruit anything in me.

Potential interactions with meds so it's off the table.

Not even doing the diet pop thing anyway...water water water...

The funniest thing was my wife laughing at the refreshing 'ahhhhhh' when I grab an ice cold glass. She says...thought water sucked...
Post #: 1416
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 4/8/2016 6:39:07 PM   
thebigo

quote:

No go without the O.

I used to enjoy Fresca. Was the only way I was ever getting grapefruit anything in me.

The funniest thing was my wife laughing at the refreshing 'ahhhhhh' when I grab an ice cold glass. She says...thought water sucked...

That would make you Judge Smails friend.
Post #: 1417
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 4/8/2016 7:06:43 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

No go without the O.

It still amazes me when some grabs a caffeine laden drink, sucks it back and then goes "ahhhhhh". LOL> it's drying you out man.
Post #: 1418
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 4/8/2016 7:13:26 PM   
Todd M

I was pretty damn ignorant before when it came to pop vs water. I would swear to everyone; here, family, dr's...that water DID NOT REFRESH me.

At least I finally learned. I credit that learning as one of my biggest reasons for success.
Post #: 1419
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 4/8/2016 7:29:19 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Once you get to the weight your are comfortable with, one of the best things you can do to your body is drink a room temp glass of water with lemon asap when you wake up.

It's the best thing you can do for hydration, which in turn, will keep your weight levels normal.

Based on the fact that you just joined a gym and are still trying to lose, I wouldn't recommend it yet.
Post #: 1420
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 4/8/2016 7:39:15 PM   
Todd M

Not every day but often 3,4 times a week I've been drinking a hot lemon and ginger 'tea' first thing in the morning. Just hot water/lemon/seeped ginger.

Cold vs room temp vs hot. Not sure how all that works.

Whatever the answers are...all the goods, and a few bads (ate that Fresco sandwich for dinner) I'm doing something right. I'd put my weight loss on par with those that have had surgery...eg gastric sleeve.
Post #: 1421
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 4/9/2016 9:37:26 AM   
Jeff Jesser

I don't know the science but room temp absorbs in to your system quicker (I've read).
Post #: 1422
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 4/10/2016 5:02:26 PM  1 votes
Todd M

The before is about a year before I started...maybe 10lbs off my heaviest. Not done with the after yet.

Thumbnail Image

Thumbnail Image

Hitting 225 goal. Fuzzy unless you click on it...

Attachment (2)

< Message edited by Todd M -- 6/11/2016 10:29:23 AM >
Post #: 1423
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 4/10/2016 6:29:10 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Excellent job dude!
Post #: 1424
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 4/10/2016 7:58:09 PM   
thebigo

quote:

The before is about a year before I started...maybe 10lbs off my heaviest. Not done with the after yet.

Thumbnail Image

Stick man! Not as jolly though.
Post #: 1425
Page:   <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode