Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes water cooler thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  79 80 [81] 82 83   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/18/2017 12:01:14 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

If you ever get the chance and can buy eggs from the farm you will really notice the difference from your store boughten egg.

My wife grew up on a farm and doesn't like chicken bought from a store. Says it doesn't taste right.

Same here -- been getting around 20 a year from somewhere
Post #: 2001
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/18/2017 6:17:37 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

If you ever get the chance and can buy eggs from the farm you will really notice the difference from your store boughten egg.

My wife grew up on a farm and doesn't like chicken bought from a store. Says it doesn't taste right.

You simply can't beat "Farm Fresh"

Who fricken knows how old them eggs are in the store. Surprised some don't hatch.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2002
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/18/2017 7:32:31 PM  1 votes
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

Who fricken knows how old them eggs are in the store. Surprised some don't hatch.

That's what my wife said, you have no idea how old they are ....

Screw it, I pay the $2 a dozen
Post #: 2003
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/18/2017 8:19:32 PM   
Lynn G.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sometime let me take a moment to explain the difference between fertilized and non-fertilized chicken eggs.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 2004
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/19/2017 7:57:21 AM   
Lynn G.

And what a coincidence! There is an article in the Strib this morning about the shift toward buying from farms that have more humane treatment of animals:

http://www.startribune.com/more-shoppers-demand-ethical-animal-treatment/457733463/

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 2005
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/19/2017 9:19:08 AM   
Ricky J

Funny how that happens sometimes ...
Post #: 2006
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/23/2017 8:15:19 AM   
Kurtis

Hi folks. Glad to see you're still here.

Can't wait for the game tonight.
Post #: 2007
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/1/2018 10:19:36 AM   
Lynn G.

I just realized that the Vikings first playoff game comes on the day I leave for St. Thomas to do hurricane relief work. I sure didn't plan that very well six weeks ago when I signed up.

Post #: 2008
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/1/2018 10:29:22 AM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

I just realized that the Vikings first playoff game comes on the day I leave for St. Thomas to do hurricane relief work. I sure didn't plan that very well six weeks ago when I signed up.

God bless you for your philanthropy. I don't have the kind of life where I could do such things.

It's always cool to see someone giving of themselves to help others.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 2009
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/1/2018 10:39:14 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

Cool beans. When Donna worked at Midway I flew to St Thomas and back for $10. Loved it down there. Thank you for your efforts.

I sure don't want to wish my life away but I'm looking forward to doing some cool stuff, too, when I hit my full IPERS in two years.
Post #: 2010
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/1/2018 10:43:19 AM   
Lynn G.

I'll still be sending all of the positive vibes I can muster from the air. The game should still be going when I land there, but with a depleted infrastructure I doubt I'll be able to see any of it. And then I fly back on a Monday 8 days later, so I would also miss the next game.

But by golly I'll be home in time for the Superbowl and the parade that follows!

(How's that for positive thinking?)

Post #: 2011
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/1/2018 10:45:53 AM   
Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

Cool beans. When Donna worked at Midway I flew to St Thomas and back for $10. Loved it down there. Thank you for your efforts.

I sure don't want to wish my life away but I'm looking forward to doing some cool stuff, too, when I hit my full IPERS in two years.

I'm lucky that I work as a freelance writer, so my time is my own and I can schedule other obligations pretty easily. I also visited St. Thomas many years ago, right out of college, so I got to see it in its glory. I suspect the sights will be a little different this time around, but I'm going to plan another trip back in a year or so with my husband so that we can contribute to the tourism dollars that they so dearly depend on.

Post #: 2012
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/9/2018 8:03:37 PM   
Ricky J

Question for NW Iowa, SW Minnesota people: Do/did you know Dewey the cat at the Spencer, IA library?
Post #: 2013
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/15/2018 1:39:21 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

To put this where it should sorta go....
I’ll be ok..

I have and continue to slog through an emotional, medical, mental and legal cesspool of inexplicable ridiculousness that I would not wish on anyone, no matter how much I disliked them.

It’s both personal and privately, a living hell on earth, that words can not do justice.

It is the little things, like my wife, the love we share, and the “ stolen moments” when she gets to share the bits and pieces of our daughters life she is allowed to send my way, like crumbs from the table of life... the pictures Julie shares, the little things my daughter gets to say or do that let me know she still exists, still loves me, still knows I love her and that someday, someday, this crapfest of busybody ****ups will be out of our family’s life and we will all be together again and get on with living, that gives me the strength to bear up under the stress and strain of it all.

Our family has been dealt a kind of injustice that defies explanation..

I understand and accept my role and responsibilities for the perception and the recriminations that have befallen my family’s situation.

The problem is, and I’m not joking, is that the nature of this situation has been so grossly exaggerated that more harm has been done to my daughter and my wife, their lives uprooted, destroyed, ruined.. whatever you care to call it.. It’s almost, but not quite, as if I had committed a heinous crime...which, in actuality, I was charged with doing..

But, I had my day in court, my charges were summarily dismissed and those records, sealed, because of deliberate and malicious perjury.

Unfortunately, criminal “allegations “ also drag in social workers, Children’s services and a whole host of other complex complications that I have been forced, albeit willingly, to contest and contend with.

It is this “secondary, collateral damage” that I am dealing with.

I am doing everything that is ordered of me by a juvenile court judge, to prove that I can provide a safe and stable family life for my daughter and wife.

The kicker in all this is that the one person, my daughter’s Therapist, who thinks I am unable to do that or be that kind of person has Never even talked to me, has conveniently “missed” a court summons, never, ever witnessed myself and my daughter have any kind of interaction nor did she even give me the chance or decency to address the original concerns prior to just taking our daughter away and making her a ward of the glorious state of Nebraska.

I have jumped through every hoop, taken every test, answered every challenge and allegation with complete and total candor, honesty, and integrity, yet my daughters therapist, with her bachelors degrees in therapy and counseling therapy has, despite 2 separate and independent evaluations by PHD’d psychologists, determined and reported, to the juvenile court judge, that she does not feel “the time is right” for me to have even as much as a supervised phone contact, with my daughter.

I have a lawyer, we work this ‘person’ over and over, and have even had her admit that she has made some judgements based purely on “hearsay “, yet in the great state of Nebraska, the requirement for proof or evidence of anything at the juvenile justice court level is only 51% one way or the other for evidence, and hearsay is considered evidence, to tip the scale of “ justice and proof of risk for harm”, one way or the other.

So my daughter’s therapist, by her “preponderance”of ‘evidence ‘,(51%), has complete control and the backing of the department of health and human services, under the guidance of the court in the great state of Nebraska, to deny me any contact with MY Daughter.

445 days, three foster families, literally hundreds of hours of separate or family counciling, therapy sessions, examinations by psychologists and psychiatrists, and the judge in our case, while giving my wife supervised visits and controlled event or outings with our daughter, will not and has not allowed me ANY sort of sessions or time to”reconcile” with my daughter, per this under qualified and hypocritical “ therapists “ recommendations.

As we grind along now, the district attorneys and Rylee’s guardian ad litem have moved over to either in favor of or neutral about my having contact, of some kind with my daughter, and my psychologist, who has a PHD and is on the state board for these kinds of juvenile cases, recommends and the judges stated goal is reunification of our family, this *****, who has never even spoken to me, continues to draw this farce out.

Why?
I can’t say, but I’m leaning toward “she’s a vindictive ####*” who is getting paid by the state for therapy work with my daughter.

So yea, I have this cross to bear, and I an not getting any younger and my daughter growing up under a situation where she is being forced to live in a broken family situation, for, imo, no reason.

C’est la vie.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 1/15/2018 1:52:02 AM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2014
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/15/2018 5:05:32 AM   
SoMnFan

Cannot imagine all you have been thru, Dan.
Nothing but the best thoughts, my man.
Hang. In. There.
Post #: 2015
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/15/2018 6:51:38 AM   
Phil Riewer

Dan I have been thinking of your situation a ton...my prayers are with you brother. I hope you get your daughter back soon.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2016
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/15/2018 9:03:25 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

To put this where it should sorta go....
I’ll be ok..

I have and continue to slog through an emotional, medical, mental and legal cesspool of inexplicable ridiculousness that I would not wish on anyone, no matter how much I disliked them.

It’s both personal and privately, a living hell on earth, that words can not do justice.

It is the little things, like my wife, the love we share, and the “ stolen moments” when she gets to share the bits and pieces of our daughters life she is allowed to send my way, like crumbs from the table of life... the pictures Julie shares, the little things my daughter gets to say or do that let me know she still exists, still loves me, still knows I love her and that someday, someday, this crapfest of busybody ****ups will be out of our family’s life and we will all be together again and get on with living, that gives me the strength to bear up under the stress and strain of it all.

Our family has been dealt a kind of injustice that defies explanation..

I understand and accept my role and responsibilities for the perception and the recriminations that have befallen my family’s situation.

The problem is, and I’m not joking, is that the nature of this situation has been so grossly exaggerated that more harm has been done to my daughter and my wife, their lives uprooted, destroyed, ruined.. whatever you care to call it.. It’s almost, but not quite, as if I had committed a heinous crime...which, in actuality, I was charged with doing..

But, I had my day in court, my charges were summarily dismissed and those records, sealed, because of deliberate and malicious perjury.

Unfortunately, criminal “allegations “ also drag in social workers, Children’s services and a whole host of other complex complications that I have been forced, albeit willingly, to contest and contend with.

It is this “secondary, collateral damage” that I am dealing with.

I am doing everything that is ordered of me by a juvenile court judge, to prove that I can provide a safe and stable family life for my daughter and wife.

The kicker in all this is that the one person, my daughter’s Therapist, who thinks I am unable to do that or be that kind of person has Never even talked to me, has conveniently “missed” a court summons, never, ever witnessed myself and my daughter have any kind of interaction nor did she even give me the chance or decency to address the original concerns prior to just taking our daughter away and making her a ward of the glorious state of Nebraska.

I have jumped through every hoop, taken every test, answered every challenge and allegation with complete and total candor, honesty, and integrity, yet my daughters therapist, with her bachelors degrees in therapy and counseling therapy has, despite 2 separate and independent evaluations by PHD’d psychologists, determined and reported, to the juvenile court judge, that she does not feel “the time is right” for me to have even as much as a supervised phone contact, with my daughter.

I have a lawyer, we work this ‘person’ over and over, and have even had her admit that she has made some judgements based purely on “hearsay “, yet in the great state of Nebraska, the requirement for proof or evidence of anything at the juvenile justice court level is only 51% one way or the other for evidence, and hearsay is considered evidence, to tip the scale of “ justice and proof of risk for harm”, one way or the other.

So my daughter’s therapist, by her “preponderance”of ‘evidence ‘,(51%), has complete control and the backing of the department of health and human services, under the guidance of the court in the great state of Nebraska, to deny me any contact with MY Daughter.

445 days, three foster families, literally hundreds of hours of separate or family counciling, therapy sessions, examinations by psychologists and psychiatrists, and the judge in our case, while giving my wife supervised visits and controlled event or outings with our daughter, will not and has not allowed me ANY sort of sessions or time to”reconcile” with my daughter, per this under qualified and hypocritical “ therapists “ recommendations.

As we grind along now, the district attorneys and Rylee’s guardian ad litem have moved over to either in favor of or neutral about my having contact, of some kind with my daughter, and my psychologist, who has a PHD and is on the state board for these kinds of juvenile cases, recommends and the judges stated goal is reunification of our family, this *****, who has never even spoken to me, continues to draw this farce out.

Why?
I can’t say, but I’m leaning toward “she’s a vindictive ####*” who is getting paid by the state for therapy work with my daughter.

So yea, I have this cross to bear, and I an not getting any younger and my daughter growing up under a situation where she is being forced to live in a broken family situation, for, imo, no reason.

C’est la vie.

It's not a C'est la vie situtaion.

You're being screwed. The best place for a child is with their family. When so many are making the obvious case that you are not a detriment to your child's well being...

I would be a wreck if the State tried to take any of my kids away from me.

Stay strong. You will have your day eventually. You will get your daughter back and then you can move out of that hellhole and get your life back.

I am infuriated for you. Wish there was something I could do to fix your situation.

Good Luck

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 2017
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/15/2018 9:29:52 AM   
Toby Stumbo

Keep your head up Dan, we are all rooting for you!

GO VIKES!
Post #: 2018
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/15/2018 9:40:18 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toby Stumbo

Keep your head up Dan, we are all rooting for you!

I feel that we all really are.

As great as yesterday was I know a warm embrace with your daughter will make it seem like a 3-0 pre season win. That's important life stuff. I hope you get that embrace soon.
Post #: 2019
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/15/2018 9:50:29 AM   
Ian Joseph

God bless you Dan.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 2020
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/15/2018 12:51:08 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Thanks all for the pm’s , kind words, and yes even the prayers..

I have learned, the hard way, a lot of tough lessons about myself, society, “justice”, perception and a host of other things.

I have been humbled.

I am not as smart as I thought I was and my ignorance on things I took for granted has been exposed in ways that humility is the only lesson to be learned.

I know there are those out there, on this board who are secretly and spitefully gloating over my situation..

That is a fact of human nature.

To those people , I say: “ have fun with that.. enjoy your moment.. revel in the feeling you get because your opinion and selfishness only affects you and those who have to be within your sphere of influence.”

Compared to what I’m dealing with, your pettiness is a flyspeck of flyshit in a mountain of pepper...

Carry on with your sorry ass gloating.

I can forgive you, because I have forgiven, myself.

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2021
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/15/2018 1:04:38 PM   
Lars

Dan,

I may be one of the people you have on IP. I hope not.

Because I want you to be able to know that I am very sorry for what you and your family are going through. I truly wish you the best and await the day you post on here that it is all behind you and your family is all back together like they should be.

Stay strong man!

<this space for rent>
Post #: 2022
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/15/2018 1:07:52 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lars

Dan,

Because I want you to be able to know that I am very sorry for what you and your family are going through. I truly wish you the best and await the day you post on here that it is all behind you and your family is all back together like they should be.

Stay strong man!

No Lars, we butted heads yes, but I respect you because you rarely, if ever, sank to my level, when I was at my worst “Danimal”.

Peace, bro.

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2023
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/15/2018 1:10:01 PM   
Lars

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lars

Dan,

Stay strong man!

No Lars, we butted heads yes, but I respect you because you rarely, if ever, sank to my level, when I was at my worst “Danimal”.

Peace, bro.

Glad to hear!

All the best, man. I see how the "system" works all the time and truly understand the shit show you are going through.

Hang in there!

SKOL!!!!

<this space for rent>
Post #: 2024
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/16/2018 7:46:57 AM   
marty

Any suggestions for a cool place in the Twin Cities to watch the Viking/Eagle game ?

I prefer watching the game in Minnesota. I watched last week at Mystic Lake casino, liked it, and am leaning towards going back there, just exploring all options.

It needs to be a place that can tolerate some loudness from a fan , and a fan that might mention biased officiating if it seems like there is a lot in the 2nd half, and a place where others might get loud and have a good time.

If I had the money, I would go to Philly.
Post #: 2025
Page:   <<   < prev  79 80 [81] 82 83   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  79 80 [81] 82 83   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode