Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes water cooler thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  89 90 91 [92] 93   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/21/2019 9:14:41 AM   
Ricky J

Congratulations Bill!
Post #: 2276
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/21/2019 11:10:05 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

doesn't roll off the tongue real well though.

Rolled off my ex-wife's tongue pretty easily, don't know the spelling, but pronounced "i-ya" (hard i) seemed to be a regular utterance in "what has he done now?" type situations.
Post #: 2277
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/21/2019 12:11:46 PM   
Steve Lentz

Life has changed for the better!!!
Congrats Bill!

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 2278
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/21/2019 5:02:50 PM   
Bill Jandro

Thanks guys

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2279
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/22/2019 1:30:48 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Rolled off my ex-wife's tongue pretty easily, don't know the spelling, but pronounced "i-ya" (hard i) seemed to be a regular utterance in "what has he done now?" type situations.

Spelled "Ayah". and yes your ex is pronouncing it correctly. However, my daughter wants us to use the long A which is technically incorrect. The name shoud be spelled "Aya" for how she is sounding it out but she thought the "h" on the end made the name cuter. Go figure.

Post #: 2280
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/23/2019 9:25:00 AM   
Lynn G.

She wants the long A for the first A or the second?

I-yay?

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 2281
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/23/2019 9:26:33 AM   
Lynn G.

The problem with the current trend in made up or unusual names is that it pretty much dooms the person to a lifetime of having to pronounce and spell their name for people - often multiple times.

The upside is that they won't be one of four "Susans" in their history class.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 2282
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/23/2019 9:50:37 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Spelled "Ayah". and yes your ex is pronouncing it correctly. However, my daughter wants us to use the long A which is technically incorrect. The name shoud be spelled "Aya" for how she is sounding it out but she thought the "h" on the end made the name cuter. Go figure.

Actually I missed some significant context in my previous post, my ex-wife was Malaysian of Chinese descent, her first language was some dialect of Chinese, and the "term" she used pronounced "i-yah" was clearly a nag term in her language.
Post #: 2283
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/28/2019 10:28:27 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

She wants the long A for the first A or the second?

I-yay?

first A is long with second A short

Post #: 2284
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/28/2019 10:31:38 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

The problem with the current trend in made up or unusual names is that it pretty much dooms the person to a lifetime of having to pronounce and spell their name for people - often multiple times.

The upside is that they won't be one of four "Susans" in their history class.

You also have to factor in nicknames both good and bad.

I've already nicknamed her "Ahab".

Post #: 2285
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/28/2020 12:27:04 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

Stopped by during an insomnia session to get a long cool drink of water to wash my meds down with...

Carry on..

I’m a wayward son.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2286
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/24/2021 11:42:43 AM   
Lynn G.

I'm just saying - if you had thought about getting a new mystery/thriller but by golly you just can't rationalize spending money on another book, and your shelves are overflowing (everyone should have that problem) - then take advantage of the fact that Amazon is promoting the e-book version of my book for just 99 cents!

I know what you're thinking - - - did I read that right?

Yes, you did. For the next six days, Starless Midnight's e-book version will be a mere 99 cents and "people are saying" it's the deal of the century. And you don't even have to own a kindle. I download e-books directly to my MacBook. Easy as pie.

Yum. Pie.

https://smile.amazon.com/Starless-Midnight-Lynn-Garthwaite-ebook/dp/B08FTHLMNR/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2PSOBZ6CES7PR&dchild=1&keywords=starless+midnight+by+lynn+garthwaite&qid=1614185461&sprefix=starless+midnigh%2Caps%2C166&sr=8-1

Post #: 2287
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/25/2021 9:17:19 AM   
Toby Stumbo

Congrats Lynn, that's great. Gonna order the paperback on my next Amazon shipment.

GO VIKES!
Post #: 2288
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/25/2021 9:31:54 AM   
Lynn G.

Hey - thanks Toby! I'm still of the "want to have a book in my hands" crowd - so that's always my first choice too.

Post #: 2289
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/31/2021 4:35:18 PM   
Ricky J

This is the third spring in a row I've done The Murph ... this is the first one on Memorial Day, though.

Thank you Michael Murphy, for everything!
Post #: 2290
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/31/2021 5:00:58 PM  1 votes
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

This is the third spring in a row I've done The Murph ... this is the first one on Memorial Day, though.

Kudos!!! I just looked it up. There are so many impressive people in this world who most of us never know about unless they almost accidentally rise to our attention. RIP Murph, and all of those he represents.

Thanks to vets who risked the ultimate sacrifice and to the families of those who succumbed.
Post #: 2291
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 6/5/2021 6:21:20 PM   
Murph

quote:

?

My brother Mike?

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 2292
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 6/7/2021 10:08:23 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murph

quote:

?

My brother Mike?

Maybe. Was he a Navy Seal?
Post #: 2293
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/22/2021 1:08:13 PM   
Lynn G.

Now that the Gopher Stadium is getting a new name, I'm going to start a trend to call the Viking stadium "The Bank," which is the nickname that the Gopher stadium had when the name on the side was TCF Bank Stadium.

Calling the Viking stadium "U.S. Bank Stadium" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, but when the Gopher stadium had the nickname "The Bank" - you couldn't use if for the Viking stadium. Now we can.

From now on, in my mind, Viking home games will be played at The Bank.

Post #: 2294
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/22/2021 3:45:07 PM   
bohumm

quote:

Now that the Gopher Stadium is getting a new name, I'm going to start a trend to call the Viking stadium "The Bank," which is the nickname that the Gopher stadium had when the name on the side was TCF Bank Stadium.

Calling the Viking stadium "U.S. Bank Stadium" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, but when the Gopher stadium had the nickname "The Bank" - you couldn't use if for the Viking stadium. Now we can.

But isn't that stadium now Huntington Bank Stadium?
Post #: 2295
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/22/2021 3:49:19 PM   
bohumm

BTW, it's been fun watching the Big 10/12 commish, Saban, et al squirm because now the players can make a little money off of their own names and likenesses. Saban even said he's uncomfortable that some players will make more than others, so I'm sure he's doling out the "uncomfortable" part of his gazillion-dollar salary to profs, cashiers, janitors, and others at Alabama so everyone can make the same.......
Post #: 2296
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/22/2021 4:01:38 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

Thus, The Bank it remains?
Post #: 2297
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/22/2021 5:57:12 PM   
Lynn G.

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

Thus, The Bank it remains?

For some reason I had heard the name Huntington, but didn't hear the bank part.

Crudbombs.

Post #: 2298
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/22/2021 7:05:21 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Speaking of stadiums, what ever happened to that guy pushing some stadium solution? He always would say sweetheart of a deal.
Post #: 2299
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/22/2021 8:24:43 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

Speaking of stadiums, what ever happened to that guy pushing some stadium solution? He always would say sweetheart of a deal.

The TwinDomes guy?
Post #: 2300
Page:   <<   < prev  89 90 91 [92] 93   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  89 90 91 [92] 93   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode