Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General NHL Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: General NHL Talk Page: <<   < prev  150 151 [152] 153 154   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General NHL Talk - 4/27/2019 4:18:07 PM   
Jeff Jesser

One thing that is really standing out watching these playoffs. Marty Brodeur's commercials for Enterprise are as bad as Shaq's for the General. Just awful.
Post #: 3776
RE: General NHL Talk - 4/27/2019 4:27:19 PM   
SoMnFan

Amen
Stealing money
Post #: 3777
RE: General NHL Talk - 4/28/2019 1:05:23 PM   
SoMnFan

I love seeing Boston lose painfully
Love it soooooo much.
Post #: 3778
RE: General NHL Talk - 4/28/2019 1:28:08 PM   
Jeff Jesser

In every sport
Post #: 3779
RE: General NHL Talk - 4/28/2019 2:27:47 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

In every sport

Except football.
Post #: 3780
RE: General NHL Talk - 4/28/2019 2:32:55 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Post #: 3781
RE: General NHL Talk - 4/28/2019 2:45:10 PM   
SoMnFan

Fun to see Clutterbuck still trucking guys.

We need Nelson and Lee with our young core.
Cup here we come

Oh and a goalie.
Post #: 3782
RE: General NHL Talk - 4/28/2019 5:22:43 PM   
Jeff Jesser

I have to admit that I didn't know much about Lee's game. Just looked at his stats when his name came up. I was really impressed with what I've seen of him since the playoffs started.
Post #: 3783
RE: General NHL Talk - 4/29/2019 12:24:21 PM   
TJSweens

Looks like Coyle is finally helping his own team in the playoffs for a change.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 3784
RE: General NHL Talk - 4/29/2019 1:35:55 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

I have to admit that I didn't know much about Lee's game. Just looked at his stats when his name came up. I was really impressed with what I've seen of him since the playoffs started.

Plays the big boy game
Front of the net
Fearless.
Post #: 3785
RE: General NHL Talk - 4/29/2019 1:38:33 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Looks like Coyle is finally helping his own team in the playoffs for a change.

Guy is really irrigating me at this point.
For awhile it was "see ya"
Now its "why you …"
Post #: 3786
RE: General NHL Talk - 4/29/2019 2:51:18 PM   
SoMnFan

Coyle has five goals in nine playoff games with Boston after scoring seven in 44 postseason games (six seasons) with the Minnesota Wild.
Post #: 3787
RE: General NHL Talk - 4/29/2019 2:52:55 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Coyle has five goals in nine playoff games with Boston after scoring seven in 44 postseason games (six seasons) with the Minnesota Wild.

That is so irrigating.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 3788
RE: General NHL Talk - 4/29/2019 3:18:36 PM   
SoMnFan

real tears, man, real tears …
Post #: 3789
RE: General NHL Talk - 4/29/2019 5:57:56 PM   
Jeff Jesser

F-him. It's not like we gave a stud for him and he produced some pivotal, WOW, moments for this franchise. I remember those 7 goals like they were....well.....six seasons ago.

I tried. But it's still a 'F-him'.
Post #: 3790
RE: General NHL Talk - 4/29/2019 8:22:28 PM   
SoMnFan

I watched a ton of Blues games this year
Oreilly was incredible.
He’s been invisible these two weeks.
Can’t believe they’re still getting stuff done
He’s gotta be out of gas or injured
Post #: 3791
RE: General NHL Talk - 4/29/2019 8:48:17 PM   
SoMnFan

Damnnnn
No amputation no foul in Dallas tonight.
Post #: 3792
RE: General NHL Talk - 4/29/2019 9:37:54 PM   
SoMnFan

Way to shut up the ignorant Dallas Hicks
Throwing beers into the bench? Really?
You should lose your franchise for that kind of shit
Post #: 3793
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/1/2019 7:44:13 AM   
SoMnFan

How bout Dem Sharks
lets go boys
Fascinating team to follow
At times, the best team in the world. Hands down
At times, can't get a puck four feet, without issues.
Its crazy, but they are damn fun for me to watch.
They play the style I've always coached and gotten ripped for.
Get it out, and let your skill guys gather it at neutral and turn it into chances.
Couture is maybe the most underrated guy left in the playoffs.
Helluva night for him. And the good Burns is back again.
Post #: 3794
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/1/2019 7:47:15 AM   
SoMnFan

Gee, all the rosy and happy "Brad Marchand is a changed guy" stories just took a pretty big hit, eh?
Leopards don't change their spots.

Neither do scum-sucking, cheap-shot little rat-faced pricks.
Any adult who can watch his antics and dismiss them … has issues.
Post #: 3795
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/2/2019 7:23:56 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

Gee, all the rosy and happy "Brad Marchand is a changed guy" stories just took a pretty big hit, eh?

ESPN (aka - East Coast) coverage of that:

That's hockey!
That's a love tap
He didn't kill him....

Unreal. If that was done TO HIM they would have lost their collective shit.
Post #: 3796
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/2/2019 7:53:45 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

ESPN (aka - East Coast) coverage of that:

That's hockey!
That's a love tap
He didn't kill him....

Unreal. If that was done TO HIM they would have lost their collective shit.

No kidding
About lost it, after hearing exactly that from them, on it.
Biggest mystery of life, how he's still alive, or at least how he's still in the league.
The game takes so much pride in NOT being him, and yet they tolerate him.
Post #: 3797
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/2/2019 7:56:36 AM   
SoMnFan

Looks like Dallas/St Louis will go down to the wire.
Going to be a death match by the end of this.

Carolina is simply out of their minds
And the isles? Are just not very good.
Post #: 3798
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/2/2019 12:27:58 PM   
SoMnFan

Interesting.

Women's hockey stars to boycott pro leagues

More than 200 women's hockey players -- including Team USA stars Hilary Knight, Kendall Coyne Schofield and Canada's Marie Philip-Poulin -- have announced they will not be playing in a professional league next season.
"We cannot make a sustainable living playing in the current state of the professional game," said the statement, released by individual players on social media Thursday. "Having no health insurance and making as low as two thousand dollars a season means players can't adequately train and prepare to play at the highest level."

Many players have gone on the record to say they want the NHL to support a women's league with financial and infrastructural resources, and sources told ESPN that the players hope the joint announcement could apply pressure on the NHL to act.
The NHL on Thursday said it will further explore the situation privately before determining any next steps.
The NWHL is the only remaining professional women's hockey league in North America.
"We have all accomplished so much, there is no greater accomplishment than what we have the potential to do right here and right now -- not just for this generation of players, but for the generations to come," the players' statement read. "With that purpose, we are coming together, not just as individual players, but as one collective voice to help a sustainable living playing in the current state of the professional game."
There has been uncertainty clouding the women's hockey landscape since the Canadian-based CWHL made a shocking decision to fold after the 2018-19 season. The CWHL said in a statement that "while the on-ice hockey is exceptional, the business model has proven to be economically unsustainable."
Ever since the U.S.-based NWHL debuted four years ago, there had been calls to merge the two leagues. Players were upset that resources were fragmented, and they believe there isn't a big enough talent pool to support two leagues at this time. What's more, the low pay in each league means players have to juggle other full-time jobs, and the travel itineraries are less than ideal.
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman has gone on the record several times to say he didn't want to intervene with either league as long as they both existed in their current states -- mainly because the league didn't want to look like it was choosing sides or swooping in as a "big brother" to save the day, according to NHL sources.
"As long as elite women hockey players have professional opportunities, it is not an environment we are prepared to wade into in any formal way," NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly told ESPN when the CWHL folded, leaving only one league. "We have always supported professional women's hockey, and we plan to continue to do so. That doesn't mean we need to form or directly subsidize an existing professional league."
The NHL previously gave $50,000 annual contributions to each league. When the CWHL folded, the NHL upped its contribution to the NWHL to $100,000.
"We've certainly seen a lot of the NHL's statements that have mentioned they would be prepared to step in if there is no viable option for women's ice hockey in North America," 2018 Olympic gold medalist Meghan Duggan told ESPN. "If that opportunity presents itself, I trust that they have a vision as well. If you look at what history tells us, it's that startup women's leagues are very successful when they're connected to an existing league. That's true throughout Europe, in women's soccer, the WNBA, and the WNSL with their support from U.S. Soccer. That's part of what we're looking for."
Duggan said that while "certainly" the NHL makes a lot of sense," the women want a partner that will see the players' value and share their long-term vision.
"[The goal] is simply to work toward one viable league in North America and we'll consider any proposal that addresses that," Duggan said.
Dani Rylan, the founder and commissioner of the NWHL, said the 2018-19 season was one of growth. Rylan says she wants to expand the league next season with franchises in Montreal and Toronto, though no formal details have been announced.
The 2019 NWHL All-Star Game in Nashville drew 6,200 -- the largest crowd for a pro women's hockey game in the United States. Combined, the skills challenge and All-Star Game generated more than a million viewers on Twitter. And in their first NWHL season as the league's first expansion team, the Minnesota Whitecaps sold out every home game; TRIA Rink in Saint Paul has a capacity of 1,200.
The NWHL does not disclose any information about its budget or revenue. Only some of the investors are made public. That has been a point of contention for the NWHL Players' Association, especially in contract negotiations, in which it wanted to know how the league arrived at $100,000 for the salary cap.
Rylan told ESPN in April that she expects player salaries to grow for next season. The NWHL had a salary cap of $100,000 last season, with the lowest-paid player making $2,500 for the season.
"We have two different business models," Rylan said when asked why the NWHL would succeed when the CWHL couldn't. "We are for-profit. We have the flexibility to sell our assets, whether it's at the league level or the team level, and I think that's fundamentally the biggest difference."

Duggan said many of the Team USA players have been through something similar before, during their 2017 boycott for equity with USA Hockey. She said the legal team that they consulted with in 2017 has been "trusted advisors during this as well."
"There's certainly some similarities in terms of coming together and standing up for something you believe in, risking a lot in order to help grow the game and leave the game in a better spot than when you entered it," Duggan said.
Duggan, who sat out last season as she waits to be medically cleared, said all players understand the risk involved.
"We've all talked about it," Duggan said. "It's scary, it's uncertain, it can be uncomfortable. But that's a great thing, and that's a good thing, and it's awesome and exciting at the same time. It's life-changing and trail blazing, and for the greatest cause."
Post #: 3799
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/2/2019 2:17:09 PM   
Jeff Jesser

It's too bad but I think they need to be realistic about it. Who's going to watch that to the point the owners make enough cash to offer them a fair salary (if they would be willing to anyway but that's a different argument)?

I watch our USWNat's soccer matches all the time. Some call me crazy, I get that, but I love the game so much and they are dominant. Their popularity is off the charts and yet their domestic leagues success is horrble. Their league folded when they had stars like Mia Hamm. That's crazy.

What chance would a women's hockey league have when it's a niche sport for men in the US? Now, saying all that, they absolutely deserve to make the same as the boys for their national team duty.
Post #: 3800
Page:   <<   < prev  150 151 [152] 153 154   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: General NHL Talk Page: <<   < prev  150 151 [152] 153 154   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode