Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Gopher Hockey

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Golden Gophers >> RE: Gopher Hockey Page: <<   < prev  136 137 [138] 139 140   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/2/2019 9:38:40 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

Gophers get the sweep dominating ASU once again 5-2. Took the foot off the gas in the 2nd period after jumping out to a 3-0 lead and let them back in the game until we picked it up again in the 3rd. A nice game for the Gophers on senior night.

UofM finally finding their game, but is it too little too late. Do they have to win the B1G playoff to make the Tourney or is it possible they could squeak in without it

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3426
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/2/2019 9:45:19 PM   
stfrank

The only way the Gophers make the tourney this year is by winning the B10 tourney. They keep playing with fire and who knows.......not likely but it could happen.
Post #: 3427
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/3/2019 7:29:03 AM   
Jeff Jesser

It's just f'ng unbelievable to read the words "The only way the Gophers make the tourney this year is by winning the B10 tourney".

1. This is the UofM. We should be locks for the tourney minus a really weird year. Not fighting to get in as a bottom seed yearly.
2. The "B10"
3. We are outranked by teams like ASU, Penn State and Western Mich.....

I use to watch every game this team played. Now, I can't even care. Good job U.
Post #: 3428
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/3/2019 8:48:14 AM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

It's just f'ng unbelievable to read the words "The only way the Gophers make the tourney this year is by winning the B10 tourney".

1. This is the UofM. We should be locks for the tourney minus a really weird year. Not fighting to get in as a bottom seed yearly.
2. The "B10"

Yup, it sucks how low the program had gotten since the B10. Worse, most of the top recruits no longer want to go to the U because of the B10.
Will just be another B10 also ran like all the other sports soon......
Post #: 3429
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/3/2019 3:00:44 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

2. The "B10"

Jeff you are absolutely right. How can The Major University in the State of Hockey not make the NCAA tourney? As a St. Cloud Alumnus I'm loving our position, but Minnesota for Hockey has always got their pick of the litter for Minnesota players and used to be a national recruiting power as well. They are well funded and have all the advantages money can buy. Them not making the Tourney virtually every year is a disgrace.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3430
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/4/2019 8:16:06 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Gophers get the sweep dominating ASU once again 5-2. Took the foot off the gas in the 2nd period after jumping out to a 3-0 lead and let them back in the game until we picked it up again in the 3rd. A nice game for the Gophers on senior night.

Gets dusty in the room when you see what Schierhorn had to say about leaving the net at the end of the game, so that Brock Krautz could get on the ice.
That's a common thing that happens on every roster.
Some of the best humans never get the chance to be recognized. Proud of Schierhorn for making sure one of those guys got recognized.
THOSE are real teammates. Maybe there is a better culture coming into that program slowly.
Post #: 3431
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/4/2019 8:17:50 AM   
SoMnFan

Couple really good weekends lately by the Gophs. Probably too little too late tho.
I've got an insider view coming up from one of the new recruits. Will be fun to hear whats really happening inside this program.
Post #: 3432
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/4/2019 10:01:13 AM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Couple really good weekends lately by the Gophs. Probably too little too late tho.
I've got an insider view coming up from one of the new recruits. Will be fun to hear whats really happening inside this program.

I'm looking forward to hearing anything you can share.
Post #: 3433
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/5/2019 10:26:32 AM   
SoMnFan

http://www.startribune.com/mike-koster-of-chaska-is-the-star-tribune-boys-hockey-metro-player-of-the-year/506686612/

Still planning on the Gophers (his lifelong dream)
Went directly to Tri City after his HS season ended last week.

< Message edited by SoMnFan -- 3/5/2019 10:28:36 AM >
Post #: 3434
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/5/2019 10:32:10 AM   
Phil Riewer

3 part Athletic report on the state of the Gophers Hockey Program.

Three main things is that Motzko:
1) recruited older players/play in Juniors a year or two at St. Cloud--hard to do because of #2. Average age of recruits pushing 19 at St. Cloud 18.5 if I remember right.
2) Lots of younger guys recruited by Lucia--average age of recruit is mid 17s 17.4 if I remember correctly. 9 young guys coming into program this next year.
3) The Freshman line is playing the way Motzko likes----the other lines not so much.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 3/5/2019 10:34:30 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 3435
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/8/2019 9:04:32 PM   
stfrank

Gophers come back from 0-2 to beat Michigan 3-2 in OT to win the first game of the series. Need to win one more to move on......
Post #: 3436
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/8/2019 10:26:01 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Gophers come back from 0-2 to beat Michigan 3-2 in OT to win the first game of the series. Need to win one more to move on......

Where was this Gopher team all season. Last few weeks playing great, but will have to win the B1G tourney to make the NCAA.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3437
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/9/2019 7:46:20 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Almost a sellout. A whopping 1200 showed up. Good job B10. The excitement is back....
Post #: 3438
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/9/2019 8:21:43 AM   
stfrank

quote:

Almost a sellout. A whopping 1200 showed up. Good job B10. The excitement is back....

Yeah, I read the cheapest seat was $30. B10 has really messed up Gophers Hockey with their money grab........
Post #: 3439
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/9/2019 6:26:57 PM   
stfrank

No doubt today, Gophers win 4-1 and were in control the entire game. Moving on in the B10 tourney and 2 more wins gets them in the big tourney......there's still hope.
Post #: 3440
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/9/2019 10:05:58 PM   
Lynn G.

quote:

I am shocked every time I turn on a game and see a nearly empty arena. Is it because of the switch to the B10? Could avid hockey fans turn off their interest overnight like that? Is it that the people who are college-age now just aren't into hockey as much? Did they raise the ticket prices to some ridiculous level? I absolutely can't believe how few people go to the games.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 3441
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/10/2019 12:41:01 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

quote:

I am shocked every time I turn on a game and see a nearly empty arena. Is it because of the switch to the B10? Could avid hockey fans turn off their interest overnight like that? Is it that the people who are college-age now just aren't into hockey as much? Did they raise the ticket prices to some ridiculous level? I absolutely can't believe how few people go to the games.

They lost all the rivalries when they joined the big 10. Congrats on the sweep though. I'm cheering for you to win the B1G. All you Minnesota Fans should back the Huskies if you don't make it. Of course there will still be Duluth and Mankato.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3442
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/10/2019 9:22:04 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Agree about the rivalries being gone. That's a big part of it. Have you seen the atmosphere at Penn State (just as an example)? It looks like a crowded, medium sized, high school rink in MN. Gosh, I remember the NoDak weekends in the WCHA. I was nervous/excited ect....it was an event. Now, I could care less when we play Notre Dame/OSU/ASU's of the world.

It's just not the same. To me it feels like they invested in a College Hockey program to get money out of the new B10. That's about it.
Post #: 3443
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/10/2019 9:23:30 AM   
Jeff Jesser

And no offense but why should we back the Huskies if we don't make it? Should I back the Lakers if the Wolves don't make the playoffs because they "use" to be in Minneapolis? Aint happening dude.
Post #: 3444
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/10/2019 10:56:09 AM   
stfrank

quote:

Agree about the rivalries being gone. That's a big part of it. Have you seen the atmosphere at Penn State (just as an example)? It looks like a crowded, medium sized, high school rink in MN. Gosh, I remember the NoDak weekends in the WCHA. I was nervous/excited ect....it was an event. Now, I could care less when we play Notre Dame/OSU/ASU's of the world.

It's just not the same. To me it feels like they invested in a College Hockey program to get money out of the new B10. That's about it.

I think the demise also happened when a large chunk of Mariucci became corporate seats instead of actual fans. The B10 hockey conference isn't about hockey, it's about money.
Post #: 3445
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/10/2019 10:58:53 AM   
stfrank

quote:

And no offense but why should we back the Huskies if we don't make it? Should I back the Lakers if the Wolves don't make the playoffs because they "use" to be in Minneapolis? Aint happening dude.

Agreed. I'm more inclined to cheer for UMD once the Gophers are done than I am the Huskies. And I will never cheer for Mankato, they are the one in state team I can't stand.
Post #: 3446
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/10/2019 7:22:19 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

state of Minnesota. I cheer for all the Minnesota teams.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3447
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/11/2019 7:35:54 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

I have NEVER seen that sparse of a crowd
A couple of the lower sections literally had less than ten people in them
I'm not even mad anymore, I'm more amazed than mad
I've seen more parents at a youth practice
Post #: 3448
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/11/2019 7:52:27 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

There was a good posting on twitter about this. The Gophers Hockey Marketing are treating each game like they are the Wild instead of really they are the St. Paul Saints. Each game is the same and many fans are bored. They don't make each game an experience. In addition he mentioned limited Beer/Cocktail Sales, Bad Food for the price, selling out to corporations with every good seat (donation needed to even get those seats), and there used to be an area or club downstairs that now belongs to the Kinseology department....but that is from Twittersphere.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 3449
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/12/2019 10:15:11 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

There was a good posting on twitter about this. The Gophers Hockey Marketing are treating each game like they are the Wild instead of really they are the St. Paul Saints. Each game is the same and many fans are bored. They don't make each game an experience. In addition he mentioned limited Beer/Cocktail Sales, Bad Food for the price, selling out to corporations with every good seat (donation needed to even get those seats), and there used to be an area or club downstairs that now belongs to the Kinseology department....but that is from Twittersphere.

It's a tragedy and a Travesty. How this can happen to U of M hockey is shocking.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3450
Page:   <<   < prev  136 137 [138] 139 140   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Golden Gophers >> RE: Gopher Hockey Page: <<   < prev  136 137 [138] 139 140   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode