Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: College Football (Future Vikings!)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  114 115 [116] 117 118   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/22/2015 11:45:37 PM   
McMurfy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

Steve,
You think Nebraska will make a run at Scott Frost?

Not yet. Which could certainly delay the day he actually does come back. They aren't going to get rid of Riley after 1 year.
Is he the reason your offense looks as good as anybody's?

No, he's OK as an OC, he's driving a car others built.....I think he'll make a good head coach though, likely at Nebraska after one more year of Riley.

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 2876
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/27/2015 10:52:13 AM   
Ricky J

Iowa only a 1.5 favorite.

Similar respect the Vikings get. Until you actually do something real big forget about the masses believing in you.
Post #: 2877
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/27/2015 11:02:30 AM   
thebigo

It's like the Conboys being favored over Carolina yesterday. Just a bunch of Texans throwing good money after bad.
Post #: 2878
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/27/2015 11:09:47 AM   
Ricky J

Iowa has never been good (in the eyes of the public).

People keeping hoping Dallas will be good again.
Post #: 2879
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/27/2015 11:42:11 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I have a time on my hands this weekend. Any college games I should be watching starting today?

Edit: I just checked and it looks like there are a number of good games. Too many to mention them all. Michigan vs. Ohio State is one.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 11/27/2015 11:52:12 AM >

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2880
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/27/2015 11:49:36 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Is Iowa the best team in the Big Ten? It's hard for me to believe that, but they looked pretty solid to me at Nebraska.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2881
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/28/2015 12:00:37 AM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Is Iowa the best team in the Big Ten? It's hard for me to believe that, but they looked pretty solid to me at Nebraska.

They are the best team in the West.
Post #: 2882
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/28/2015 8:59:04 AM   
Ian Joseph

The Big 10 championship game is the BEST thing to happen to that conference. No more wacky schedules where the undefeated teams don't play the consensus top teams within the conference.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 2883
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/28/2015 9:22:59 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Baylor lost in overtime. Too bad the weather was so bad so that it would have been a normal football game. There were very few passes in the game, but I believe it was a pass interference call that keyed the win for TCU. (That and a fourth and one stop on defense)

I think that pretty much guarantees that one team from the Big 10 will get in, unless it's Michigan that somehow emerges as the champion. That would take a loss by Michigan State to Penn State and two big wins for the Wolverines. Actually, that could happen, but I can't imagine them making the final four.

Florida vs Florida State ought to be a good game, today, too. This is rivalry weekend. Perhaps the best weekend of the year for college football before the bowl games.

Notre Dame vs. Stanford is huge, too.

Post #: 2884
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/28/2015 6:40:25 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Those boys in Alabama (watching Alabama vs. Auburn) are crazy.

The running back for Alabama is pretty darn good and is considered the second best pro rb prospect. Derrick Henry is his name. I think he's too tall for a running back. (He's 6'3") He might be selected in the second round. It's early for speculating on the NFL draft.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derrick_Henry

Post #: 2885
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/28/2015 6:51:34 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

Those boys in Alabama (watching Alabama vs. Auburn) are crazy.

The running back for Alabama is pretty darn good and is considered the second best pro rb prospect. Derrick Henry is his name. I think he's too tall for a running back. (He's 6'3") He might be selected in the second round. It's early for speculating on the NFL draft.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derrick_Henry

2nd round? That kid is a top 5 pick.

Believe.
Post #: 2886
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/28/2015 8:09:59 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Clear Heisman winner unless something weird happens. And "clear" might be a arguable but he'll be sitting in NYC on that night.

< Message edited by Jeff Jesser -- 11/28/2015 8:13:36 PM >
Post #: 2887
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/29/2015 8:43:11 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Vikings are not selecting in the top ten. If you are correct, then he will not be a Viking. Shoot. We need help on the offensive line, although getting Sullivan back should help in a big way. Can we count on that, though?

Post #: 2888
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/29/2015 9:27:30 AM   
DavidAOlson

quote:

Vikings are not selecting in the top ten. If you are correct, then he will not be a Viking. Shoot. We need help on the offensive line, although getting Sullivan back should help in a big way. Can we count on that, though?

No.

The Vikes are in OL limbo. They're keeping Clemmings, but he's potentially got that foot issue. Sully and Load might all be back at a high level next year, or they might be done. Fusco might be back at a high level, or muddling along. Kalil is adequate, and it's hard to get a markedly better LT. Harris is solid at RG, but it's not clear that he can play elsewhere on the line. They've got Kerin, Easton, Sirles, and Shephard as backups. Plus it looks like a really good idea to keep super-sub Berger around, if they can. But now what sort of space do you have for another player?

Because of the injuries, the future of the O-line is a nightmare for planning.

In effect, they traded away late draft picks to get long developmental looks at Easton and Sirles. So maybe you treat them as late round draft picks next year. They'll know what they've got in those guys. And maybe they'll know more about Load and Sully by the draft.

I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it. --- Alice
Post #: 2889
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/29/2015 10:24:06 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Agree DAO. A true blue chipper (a Kalil that works out) would be a great addition and could help pull it all together. I wouldn't expect Load to be back. Sullivan will be back in some capacity, just don't know how effective. Kalil is still a head scratcher.
Post #: 2890
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/29/2015 2:20:43 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Offensive line has been the Achilles heel of the team, this year. There's a question in my mind about Sullivan. Will he be healthy? Will Loadholt be re-signed? Question. Will they re-sign Kalil? Question. What about LG? Fusco has struggled. Do you just want to repeat? Too many questions and issues for me.

Post #: 2891
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/29/2015 3:12:41 PM   
Mark Anderson

Anybody playing better right now than the Baker Mayfield led Sooners. Fun team to watch(both D and O).
Post #: 2892
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/29/2015 3:14:47 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Offensive line has been the Achilles heel of the team, this year. There's a question in my mind about Sullivan. Will he be healthy? Will Loadholt be re-signed? Question. Will they re-sign Kalil? Question. What about LG? Fusco has struggled. Do you just want to repeat? Too many questions and issues for me.

Kalil is no brainer at this point. Played really well.
Post #: 2893
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/29/2015 4:53:23 PM   
DavidAOlson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Kalil is no brainer at this point. Played really well.

I don't know that I'd go to really well. But he's been adequate+, better than expected in run blocking. And I'd stick with an average LT. It's easy to do much, much worse. Plus the backup LT situation is bleak. So we're probably in agreement to extend Kalil.

I'd really like to have an adequate backup, though. I wouldn't object to spending a draft pick on a guy who can play LG/LT. Maybe Fusco moves to C, if Sullivan can't return. Or if Loadholt can't return, maybe Harris can backup RT, adequately now that he's had a full season at RG. Apart from LT, they've got a solid list of guys in the developmental pipeline.

There are going to be a lot of conversations this off-season about who can play where, and how well Sully & Load are progressing. It's going to be a mess.

I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it. --- Alice
Post #: 2894
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/29/2015 6:35:36 PM   
Jeff Jesser

It depends on the money Kalil will be looking for. If he/agent are saying top LT money, hell no.
Post #: 2895
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/29/2015 9:35:21 PM   
Ian Joseph

Kalil's 5th year option was picked up. He's not a free agent, unless we release him. And if we sign him to an exension, he'll still want the money the 5th year option would entitle him to.

Believe.
Post #: 2896
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/29/2015 9:38:08 PM   
Ian Joseph

The Vikings drafted well over the last few years. But with multiple first round picks, now is where it gets tricky. I think Patterson has helped us out some with paying his way out of town, but we are going to have to pay a bunch of people soon.

Believe.
Post #: 2897
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/29/2015 10:56:41 PM   
Ward Peterson

Yankey must really suck....not even a decent backup apparently

Biathlon, the original Norwegian drive-by
Post #: 2898
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/5/2015 11:12:31 PM   
JC2015

UNC robbed on a really bad call

Bad officiating strikes again

Post #: 2899
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/5/2015 11:18:16 PM   
Steve Lentz

Iowa gave it their all.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 2900
Page:   <<   < prev  114 115 [116] 117 118   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  114 115 [116] 117 118   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode