Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: College Football (Future Vikings!)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  144 145 [146] 147 148   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 11:27:31 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

If Wisconsin played in the Pac 12 they'd have 2-3 losses. That style of football wouldn't last against great quarterbacks.

The top 3 teams in the Big 10 are better than anything I've seen in the Pac 12.
You want to watch exciting and productive offense though watch UCF, they just can't play defense.

Just wait till the Easton Stick led Bison go into Oregon next year and knock them off.
Post #: 3626
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 11:29:05 AM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

If Wisconsin played in the Pac 12 they'd have 2-3 losses. That style of football wouldn't last against great quarterbacks.

You want to watch exciting and productive offense though watch UCF, they just can't play defense.

Just wait till the Easton Stick led Bison go into Oregon next year and knock them off.

I love me some Easton Stick.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 3627
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 11:31:20 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

Haven't they changed their style? No more Ron Dayne 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense.

More speed and less predictable.

It's changed a little bit. Penn State has been fun to watch the last couple of years. Why? Because their quarterback could make plays. The best game I saw all year was Iowa killing Ohio State. Why? Because their quarterback got hot.

Those things happen weekly in the Pac 12.

Watch the quarterback play today and tell me Wisconsin, Auburn, Georgia, Clemson, Miami or TCU would be in the position they are today if they were playing in the Pac 12. They are all wildly inconsistent under center.

Why was Michigan so shitty this season? Awful at quarterback. The worst I have seen at Michigan in 20 years.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 12/2/2017 11:34:10 AM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 3628
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 11:38:22 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

Haven't they changed their style? No more Ron Dayne 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense.

It's changed a little bit. Penn State has been fun to watch the last couple of years. Why? Because their quarterback could make plays. The best game I saw all year was Iowa killing Ohio State. Why? Because their quarterback got hot.

Watch the quarterback play today and tell me Wisconsin, Auburn, Georgia, Clemson, Miami or TCU would be in the position they are today if they were playing in the Pac 12. They are all wildly inconsistent under center.

Why was Michigan so shitty this season? Awful at quarterback. The worst I have seen at Michigan in 20 years.

Because most of the defenses are sub par to average.

Washington had all those stud defenders in 2016 and a hot QB and went into the playoff and got manhandled.
Post #: 3629
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 11:43:34 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Washington had all those stud defenders in 2016 and a hot QB and went into the playoff and got manhandled.

Again, that's an old and tired excuse.

What happened to all the perceived great defenses in the Big Ten last season. Remember when Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan last year were supposed to have the greatest defenses in the country?

Clemson 31, Ohio State 0
USC 52, Penn State 49
Florida State 33, Michigan 32

It didn't work out so well for those perceived great defenses, did it? They faced good quarterbacks and got blasted.

And for what it's worth, Washington was down 17-7 against Alabama in the 4th quarter last season in the playoff. And Washington wasn't a great team whatsoever.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 12/2/2017 11:50:59 AM >

Post #: 3630
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 11:48:52 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

What happened to all the perceived great defenses in the Big Ten last season. Remember when Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan last year were supposed to have the greatest defenses in the country?

Clemson 31, Ohio State 0
USC 52, Penn State 49

It didn't work out so well for those perceived great defenses, did it?

Who's talking about the Big 10? It was the SEC(Alabama) who manhandled Washington that year.

QBs will post great numbers if they have WRs running free every Saturday. Not saying that the Pac12 won't put some QBs in the NFL in the next couple years but their numbers as a whole are inflated because of the crappy defense being played.
Post #: 3631
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 11:52:26 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Clemson 31, Ohio State 0
USC 52, Penn State 49

It didn't work out so well for those perceived great defenses, did it?

Who's talking about the Big 10? It was the SEC(Alabama) who manhandled Washington that year.

QBs will post great numbers if they have WRs running free every Saturday. Not saying that the Pac12 won't put some QBs in the NFL in the next couple years but their numbers as a whole are inflated because of the crappy defense being played.

Washington was not a great team last season. You'll hear no argument from me on that one. They were down 17-7 in the 4th quarter to Alabama. USC was a better team at the end of the year than Washington.

Post #: 3632
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 11:58:54 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just looked it up.

NDSU goes to Oregon in 2020 so no Stick.
Post #: 3633
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 12:00:03 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just looked it up.

It'll be Trey Lance's team by then ....
Post #: 3634
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 12:16:29 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

Let me tell ya, you should have seen this 87-67 game in 9 man HS football this year. Now THAT'S quality football. I expect 3-4 players from those teams to jump directly to the NFL.

< Message edited by thebigo -- 12/2/2017 12:18:46 PM >
Post #: 3635
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 12:17:42 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

And that's different from the Pac 12, how?

< Message edited by thebigo -- 12/2/2017 12:19:09 PM >
Post #: 3636
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 12:26:06 PM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

Them and Memphis may combine for 120 today.
Post #: 3637
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 12:36:55 PM   
Brad H

The only way to determine which conference is better is head-to-head competition. Any type of ranking is subject to bias. Getting a group of guys with a vested interest together to determine which four teams are worthy of a final four is ludicrous.

Post #: 3638
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 1:00:26 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

Not different. You have to be able to play on both sides of the ball to be a National Contender. UFC could score 70 points in a game and they still wouldn't be serious contenders with the defense they play. College football is an offensive game more than ever, and I guess that makes the product exciting, but you have to play on both sides of the ball.

Post #: 3639
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 1:11:25 PM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

Not different. You have to be able to play on both sides of the ball to be a National Contender. UFC could score 70 points in a game and they still wouldn't be serious contenders with the defense they play. College football is an offensive game more than ever, and I guess that makes the product exciting, but you have to play on both sides of the ball.

Which is why I have been saying, I don't see anything radically different in the top four this year from the next 5-7 teams after them.

Post #: 3640
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 2:03:01 PM   
SoMnFan

Baker Mayfield and the Sooners stretching it out over TCU ... 31-17 in the third.

41-17 now in the 4th

< Message edited by SoMnFan -- 12/2/2017 2:50:12 PM >
Post #: 3641
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 2:51:32 PM   
SoMnFan

Congrats SteveO, DanO, ChrisO, and all the other Husker fanOs ...... your boy Frost is headed home.
Post #: 3642
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 3:02:36 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Congrats SteveO, DanO, ChrisO, and all the other Husker fanOs ...... your boy Frost is headed home.

THANKS!!!!!
It's freaking HUGE!!!!!!!

Post #: 3643
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 3:05:18 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

Baker Mayfield and the Sooners stretching it out over TCU ... 31-17 in the third.

41-17 now in the 4th

Mayfield can play some QB!

Post #: 3644
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 3:05:20 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

THANKS!!!!!

Dammit ....

Post #: 3645
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 3:06:01 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

quote:

quote:

THANKS!!!!!

Dammit ....

I understand.

Post #: 3646
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 3:31:32 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

41-17 now in the 4th

Mayfield can play some QB!

Clinches the Heisman with a 4 TD day!
Happy to see the Sooners back in national title contention as well.
Post #: 3647
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 5:04:29 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just looked it up.

The highlights look nice.

Nice size, big arm. Speed.

Hope he(Lance) is the real deal because young QB (Van Dellen)they were grooming just got booted from the team.
Post #: 3648
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 5:05:21 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just looked it up.

How close are you to Marshall, MN?
Post #: 3649
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 5:12:09 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just looked it up.

How close are you to Marshall, MN?

In it.
For 57 straight years.
Post #: 3650
Page:   <<   < prev  144 145 [146] 147 148   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  144 145 [146] 147 148   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode