Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: College Football (Future Vikings!)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  147 148 [149] 150 151   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/30/2017 10:43:43 AM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

Joel Klatt was just on the Colin Cowherd Show talking about the final four. He thinks it's a travesty that Alabama is in.

Klatt said Alabama has only played one game against teams ranked in the final 16, and went 0-1 (sound familiar?). He also said the ACC and SEC both only play eight games against conference schools during the season, whereas the other power 5 conferences play nine (sound familiar?).

Klatt said that, essentially, the committee is telling schools like USC that they play too hard of a schedule. Rather than playing Texas and Notre Dame, they need to schedule Mercer and The Citadel.

He said that Alabama getting in was akin to a sponsorship exemption on the PGA Tour (loved that one).

Who are your 4?

IMO, the programs playing the best football right now are Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia and USC. I think either Ohio State or USC did enough to get in the top four by virtue of winning their conference championship games, and either one deserved being awarded the 4-seed over Alabama.

There was some chatter today about USC getting no respect after playing a much tougher schedule.

I guess they need to start scheduling a few Monastery's like Clemson and Alabama to play as well.

Their case did not get any help with yesterday's game where they were clearly out-muscled by Ohio State. I see that the Big Ten is now 4-0 in bowl games and I'm thinking that our conference may not have had the best team in the nation, but as a conference it clearly was one of the strongest conferences overall.

The Big 10 was very good at the top.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 3701
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/30/2017 10:50:23 AM   
McMurfy

Pac-12 was very bad.
Certainly the fact that many players ie Royce Freeman are opting out of Bowl Games will diminsh their value which was already suspect.

Need the 8 team Playoff

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 3702
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/30/2017 11:00:52 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

Joel Klatt was just on the Colin Cowherd Show talking about the final four. He thinks it's a travesty that Alabama is in.

Klatt said Alabama has only played one game against teams ranked in the final 16, and went 0-1 (sound familiar?). He also said the ACC and SEC both only play eight games against conference schools during the season, whereas the other power 5 conferences play nine (sound familiar?).

Klatt said that, essentially, the committee is telling schools like USC that they play too hard of a schedule. Rather than playing Texas and Notre Dame, they need to schedule Mercer and The Citadel.

He said that Alabama getting in was akin to a sponsorship exemption on the PGA Tour (loved that one).

Who are your 4?

IMO, the programs playing the best football right now are Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia and USC. I think either Ohio State or USC did enough to get in the top four by virtue of winning their conference championship games, and either one deserved being awarded the 4-seed over Alabama.

There was some chatter today about USC getting no respect after playing a much tougher schedule.

I guess they need to start scheduling a few Monastery's like Clemson and Alabama to play as well.

Their case did not get any help with yesterday's game where they were clearly out-muscled by Ohio State. I see that the Big Ten is now 4-0 in bowl games and I'm thinking that our conference may not have had the best team in the nation, but as a conference it clearly was one of the strongest conferences overall.

5-0. But who's counting?
Post #: 3703
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/30/2017 2:47:42 PM   
Ricky J

ISU really got ripped on the replay and the PI call

edit: Memphis got ripped on the roughing the QB call big time

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 12/30/2017 4:59:39 PM >
Post #: 3704
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/30/2017 4:50:58 PM   
Steve Lentz

Penn State with 368 yards of offense at halftime.

Post #: 3705
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/30/2017 6:57:40 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Washington gave them fits but the better team won. Now lets hope Wisconsin gets boat raced by Miami (not gonna happen). Even as a B10 guy I can't root for that bunch.
Post #: 3706
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/30/2017 7:04:37 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

Nothing but total respect for Sam Darnold as a QB and as a man. He will be a very good NFL player.
He didn't take care of the ball tonight and just doesn't see a defense that plays like Ohio State.
Pac 12 really struggling.

USC battled the best they could but pretty much over matched physically.

I've gotta ask again, and welcome Steve and Brad's input because all of you probably know more than I do. Why? I've seen Darold play about 3 full games this year. I realize that's not a full resume so my opinion should be limited. That being said, he's been the same guy. Crap decisions and not that
impressive. NFL guy, sure. #1 overall?

I don't see it. He's looked like a hyped up #1 who should go 3-5 round. I've appreciated Brad's input but he does (willing to admit or not) have a USC bias. If this guy went to OSU what is the opinion? Forget the "he has no WR's" talk for a minute. Neither did ML and he sucked. At some point you can't make shit decisions and turn it over.
Post #: 3707
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/30/2017 7:23:14 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Washington gave them fits but the better team won. Now lets hope Wisconsin gets boat raced by Miami (not gonna happen). Even as a B10 guy I can't root for that bunch.

Yup
Kinda proud of the B10 so far ...
But secretly hoping for a 72-3 Cheesehead meltdown.
Post #: 3708
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/30/2017 8:18:36 PM   
Ian Joseph

I don't think Darnold comes out. His stock will NEVER be lower.

He needs to come back and play like the stud he is, with a team that has more seasoning and depth.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 3709
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/30/2017 10:03:58 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

He needs to come back and play like the stud he is, with a team that has more seasoning and depth.

I tend to agree.

Meanwhile, Barkley continues to be the most versatile, polished RB since Allen. And, he's stronger.
Post #: 3710
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/30/2017 10:11:03 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

I tend to agree.

Meanwhile, Barkley continues to be the most versatile, polished RB since Allen. And, he's stronger.

Dude has really become The Guy.
Sure seems he could become the ultimate swiss army knife in the Pros.
Post #: 3711
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/30/2017 10:15:06 PM   
bgdavis

Penn St won pretty convincingly in most games and only had 2 narrow losses to ranked teams, one of which was a 1 pt loss to Ohio St. By comparison, one of Ohio St's losses was a humiliating thrashing at the hands of unranked Iowa. If the D1-playoffs expanded to something like 12 teams (where top 4 get a bye), or even 16 teams, teams like Penn St would could a legitimate chance to make a run.

< Message edited by bgdavis -- 12/30/2017 10:17:19 PM >

Heimdall kept the “ringing” horn, Gjallarhorn, which could be heard throughout heaven, earth, and the lower world; he would sound the horn to summon the gods when their enemies drew near.
(Norse mythology)
Post #: 3712
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/30/2017 10:16:43 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: bgdavis

Penn St won pretty convincingly in most games and only had 2 narrow losses to ranked teams, one of which was a 1 pt loss to Ohio St. By comparison, one of Ohio St's losses came against an unranked team. If the D1-playoffs expanded to something like 12 teams (where top 4 get a bye), or even 16 teams, teams like Penn St would could a legitimate chance to make a run.

Hope you had an awesome Birthday!
Post #: 3713
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/30/2017 10:19:51 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

I tend to agree.

Dude has really become The Guy.
Sure seems he could become the ultimate swiss army knife in the Pros.

Notice the change in these RB's? Seems like they caught on before some of the NFL coaches.

Run, block, run real routes. Versatility will get you paid.

Don't line me up out wide as a decoy. Line me up out wide because I'm a RB that knows how to run WR routes.

Remember when we used to line Peterson up out wide? Hilarious.

Meanwhile, Kamara has better WR skills than many WR's. He's amazing and he is the future.

I'm hoping Cook becomes our Kamara.
Post #: 3714
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/30/2017 10:20:19 PM   
bgdavis

quote:

Thanks - I'm back in Minnesota visiting my parents for the weekend. It's a lot colder than I'd prefer, but it's all good.

Heimdall kept the “ringing” horn, Gjallarhorn, which could be heard throughout heaven, earth, and the lower world; he would sound the horn to summon the gods when their enemies drew near.
(Norse mythology)
Post #: 3715
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/30/2017 10:23:18 PM   
Bruce Johnson

99% chance that Badgers win, now, according to ESPN computer.

Big Ten is undefeated in bowls.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 3716
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/30/2017 10:40:10 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

Thanks - I'm back in Minnesota visiting my parents for the weekend. It's a lot colder than I'd prefer, but it's all good.

Coldest weekend of the year, hopefully Stay warm!
Post #: 3717
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/30/2017 11:00:07 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

Penn St won pretty convincingly in most games and only had 2 narrow losses to ranked teams, one of which was a 1 pt loss to Ohio St. By comparison, one of Ohio St's losses was a humiliating thrashing at the hands of unranked Iowa. If the D1-playoffs expanded to something like 12 teams (where top 4 get a bye), or even 16 teams, teams like Penn St would could a legitimate chance to make a run.

Penn State and Ohio State are as good as anyone in the country. Following the Big 10 throughout the year I kept thinking who is better than these teams. Iowa's thrashing of Ohio State shocked me, but when at their best these teams can both be dominant. Wisconsin had an easy schedule, but watching them play Ohio State told me they were also a very good team. The Big 10 was very strong at the top and I didn't see anybody other than the SEC with as good of teams at the top. There are some big PAC 12 guys in here, but I didn't see it. Some great QB's , but didn't see the defense. Penn State has as good of a QB/RB combination as there is in the country. Ohio State has a lot of future NFL players on their roster and Wisconsin is very physical and has the best Frosh RB in the country. The Bowl games were no surprise to me. The Big 10 was special this year and it's a shame they aren't represented in the final 4.

Post #: 3718
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/30/2017 11:01:39 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

quote:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Post #: 3719
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/30/2017 11:08:02 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

Nothing but total respect for Sam Darnold as a QB and as a man. He will be a very good NFL player.
He didn't take care of the ball tonight and just doesn't see a defense that plays like Ohio State.
Pac 12 really struggling.

USC battled the best they could but pretty much over matched physically.

I've gotta ask again, and welcome Steve and Brad's input because all of you probably know more than I do. Why? I've seen Darold play about 3 full games this year. I realize that's not a full resume so my opinion should be limited. That being said, he's been the same guy. Crap decisions and not that
impressive. NFL guy, sure. #1 overall?

I don't see it. He's looked like a hyped up #1 who should go 3-5 round. I've appreciated Brad's input but he does (willing to admit or not) have a USC bias. If this guy went to OSU what is the opinion? Forget the "he has no WR's" talk for a minute. Neither did ML and he sucked. At some point you can't make shit decisions and turn it over.

I've seen him make a lot of NFL throws. I really like the kid and he's a 1st rounder too me. Would another year at college hurt him, of course not, but he's a high 1st rounder that admittedly still has a lot to refine.

Post #: 3720
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/30/2017 11:58:37 PM   
JT2

Luck scored off the charts as a NFL prospect by the experts. How does that look so far? Much closer to bust than superstar.

Remember when everybody (in here) chose Luck over Wilson?

Have you ever seen a QB be so productive with such a horrible OLine? I'm talking about Wilson. Luck actually had the advantage (when he played) of a better OLine.

Bill O'Brien is still trying to figure out who is the best QB on his team. He really liked Savage.

There still exists a common theme with these idiots.
Post #: 3721
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2017 12:02:47 AM   
McMurfy

Luck is awful good with some help on the line and with some playmakers.
Hasn’t really had much of either.
Health issues aside.

Post #: 3722
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2017 12:04:41 AM   
McMurfy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Luck

Post #: 3723
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2017 12:06:23 AM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

Luck is awful good with some help on the line and with some playmakers.
Hasn’t really had much of either.
Health issues aside.

As I said, Wilson has played behind a worse OLine. Luck is the Wunderkind, by birth, by race, by everything the NFL holds dearly.
Post #: 3724
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2017 12:15:39 AM   
JT2

Results matter most.
Post #: 3725
Page:   <<   < prev  147 148 [149] 150 151   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  147 148 [149] 150 151   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode