Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: MLB General Information PT 4

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: MLB General Information PT 4 Page: <<   < prev  368 369 [370] 371 372   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/21/2017 2:53:34 PM   
McMurfy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

Hicks apparently about ready to come off the DL

Frazier expected to be sent back down.

down goes Frazier, down goes Frazier, down goes Frazier

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JZEIMQ42-oU

I miss boxing and can't stand MMA/UfC

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 9226
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/21/2017 3:28:38 PM   
Mr. Ed

Among Giants players, Eduardo Nunez drawing the most attention, b/c of versatility, athleticism

Escape while you can!
Post #: 9227
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/22/2017 7:09:52 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

quote:

Hicks apparently about ready to come off the DL

Frazier expected to be sent back down.

down goes Frazier, down goes Frazier, down goes Frazier

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JZEIMQ42-oU

I miss boxing and can't stand MMA/UfC

I'm with you. Luckily we can still find boxing if we try hard enough.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 9228
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/23/2017 9:38:44 PM   
Mr. Ed

Kershaw to DL with back stiffness

Strasburg pulled after 2Innings with arm stiffness.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 9229
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/23/2017 9:42:38 PM   
djskillz

quote:

Kershaw to DL with back stiffness

Strasburg pulled after 2Innings with arm stiffness.

Going to be a VERY interesting playoffs. I hope those 2 aren't down for long; makes the road much easier for the inevitable Cubs' run. Uggh.

I think of all the contenders, if it's not us, I'm all for the Doyers. Could live with Houston, Arizona/Colorado or even the Red Sox if needed. Not too happy with any of the others.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 9230
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/24/2017 11:47:49 AM   
twinsfan

Boston Globe's Dan Shaughnessy provided interesting details today about David Price's confrontation with Dennis Eckersley on the Red Sox team charter to Toronto on June 29.

As already reported, Price was upset with Eckerlsey for saying "Yuck" about Eduardo Rodriguez's line from his rehab start that night in Portland.

Rodriguez pitched 3 innings, allowing six runs, five earned, nine hits (one home run) and no walks while striking out three for Portland against New Hampshire.

Shaughnessy wrote the following:

On the day of the episode, Price was standing near the middle of the team aircraft, surrounded by fellow players, waiting for Eckersley. When Eckersley approached, on his way to the back of the plane (Sox broadcasters traditionally sit in the rear of the aircraft), a grandstanding Price stood in front of Eckersley and shouted, "Here he is -- the greatest pitcher who ever lived! This game is easy for him!''

When a stunned Eckersley tried to speak, Price shot back with, "Get the [expletive] out of here!''

Many players applauded.

Eckersley made his way to the back of the plane as players in the middle of the plane started their card games. In the middle of the short flight, Eckersley got up and walked toward the front where Sox boss Dave Dombrowski was seated. When Eckersley passed through the card-playing section in the middle, Price went at him again, shouting, "Get the [expletive] out of here!''

The most disturbing part of this all might be that many players applauded. We all knew Price was sensitive. That shows many others on the team also are sensitive and don't understand Ecksersley has a job to do.

They also are showing no respect for a Hall of Fame pitcher.

"Standing up for my teammates," Price said, addressing the situation following his July 5 start in Texas. "Whatever crap I catch for that I'm fine with it."

David Price = ridiculous

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 9231
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/24/2017 11:51:13 AM   
TJSweens

David Price has dethroned Glen Perkins for the title of Punk Ass Bitch.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 9232
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/24/2017 12:52:26 PM   
Mr. Ed

Estimates are Kershaw out 4-6 weeks

Nick Burdi's little brother to have TJ surgery too

And David Price is an overpaid prick

Escape while you can!
Post #: 9233
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/24/2017 12:54:01 PM   
Mr. Ed

Brandon McCarthy also to the DL for Lad

Escape while you can!
Post #: 9234
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/24/2017 2:17:39 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

Boston Globe's Dan Shaughnessy provided interesting details today about David Price's confrontation with Dennis Eckersley on the Red Sox team charter to Toronto on June 29.

As already reported, Price was upset with Eckerlsey for saying "Yuck" about Eduardo Rodriguez's line from his rehab start that night in Portland.

Rodriguez pitched 3 innings, allowing six runs, five earned, nine hits (one home run) and no walks while striking out three for Portland against New Hampshire.

On the day of the episode, Price was standing near the middle of the team aircraft, surrounded by fellow players, waiting for Eckersley. When Eckersley approached, on his way to the back of the plane (Sox broadcasters traditionally sit in the rear of the aircraft), a grandstanding Price stood in front of Eckersley and shouted, "Here he is -- the greatest pitcher who ever lived! This game is easy for him!''

When a stunned Eckersley tried to speak, Price shot back with, "Get the [expletive] out of here!''

Many players applauded.

Eckersley made his way to the back of the plane as players in the middle of the plane started their card games. In the middle of the short flight, Eckersley got up and walked toward the front where Sox boss Dave Dombrowski was seated. When Eckersley passed through the card-playing section in the middle, Price went at him again, shouting, "Get the [expletive] out of here!''

The most disturbing part of this all might be that many players applauded. We all knew Price was sensitive. That shows many others on the team also are sensitive and don't understand Ecksersley has a job to do.

"Standing up for my teammates," Price said, addressing the situation following his July 5 start in Texas. "Whatever crap I catch for that I'm fine with it."

David Price = ridiculous

Why not stand up for the Hall of Famer doing his job and properly describing an absolutely shitting outing properly.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 9235
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/24/2017 2:53:01 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Many players applauded.

David Price = ridiculous

Now I'm pissed off
The fact that the entire Red Sox team is loaded with F-ing Asswipes doesn't surprise me.
I wish Eck would have punched him right in the pie hole. Then maybe all the punks could have come to the main punks aid.
I'd walk away from that plane and not go back. You're better than that, Eck. Let em all rot in their little pink hat hell.
Post #: 9236
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/24/2017 3:43:38 PM   
Mr. Ed

Zach Wheeler to the DL

Mets wreck pitchers

Escape while you can!
Post #: 9237
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/24/2017 11:11:41 PM   
djskillz

I'm telling you guys; there is something very, very strange going on there in Boston. Because any of that could not be more out of Price's character from EVERYTHING I've ever seen of him and his family.

Very, very strange. I'd normally be totally with you guys on Eck (even though I'll never forgive him for stealing Puck's MVP), but this is weird. There must be more to that story that we're not hearing.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 9238
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/25/2017 9:03:18 AM   
twinsfan

I wonder if Price would have been offended if Eck said "not good" instead of "yuck?"

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 9239
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/25/2017 4:33:21 PM   
twinsfan

White Sox vs Cubs on MLB Network. I'm rooting for the White Sox.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 9240
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/25/2017 4:39:54 PM   
twinsfan

Although...I must admit....Hawk Harrelson is making this verrrrrry difficult for me.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 9241
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/25/2017 4:56:32 PM   
twinsfan

I see Alex Meyer is on the DL with a messed up shoulder. Shoulder injuries are the worst. I wouldn't doubt if it's close to over for him.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 9242
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/25/2017 5:13:39 PM   
twinsfan

How often has Thome been an analyst on MLB Network this season? First time I've seen him. A nice change of pace. I'd pair him up with Eric Byrnes.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 9243
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/25/2017 5:45:44 PM   
twinsfan

Jim Thome teaching 1B defense on the MLB Network set.

Robbie Grossman syndrome?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 9244
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/25/2017 11:12:26 PM   
djskillz

Cue the bitching and moaning, but Keith Law just put out his top 5 minor league systems rankings.

#2? The White Flags. Man, have they reloaded big time. I don't think they've ever had a minor league system in the 20 or so years that I've followed the minors that's been higher than 25 or so. They are going to be a force with us and the Tribe in a couple years.

PLEASE no one let the Tiggers see what they're doing and follow suit.

On another note? 4 and 5? Houston and the Yanks. Those teams are only going to get a lot better in the coming years. Scary thought.

Post #: 9245
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/26/2017 9:47:17 AM   
twinsfan

The Reds completed the rare run-scoring triple play last night. Probably the first time we've ever seen that...well, since little league.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 9246
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/26/2017 11:35:28 PM   
SoMnFan

Neshek to the Rockies for 3 prospects ...
Post #: 9247
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/26/2017 11:36:28 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

The Reds completed the rare run-scoring triple play last night. Probably the first time we've ever seen that...well, since little league.

It was nuts
Fraziers first home at-bat
Got love in the dugout, for getting the run in.
Post #: 9248
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/28/2017 11:04:28 AM   
djskillz

Got some intel on the Price/Eckersley drama this week. Let's just say that you guys that are pro-Eck in this shouldn't exactly jump to conclusions. There's a reason the whole team was standing up for Price, etc. A LOT more to this story than the Boston press would have you believe. Not to mention a lot of the racist stuff HAS been going on from the fans.

< Message edited by djskillz -- 7/28/2017 11:09:44 AM >

Post #: 9249
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/28/2017 11:21:45 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: djskillz

Got some intel on the Price/Eckersley drama this week. Let's just say that you guys that are pro-Eck in this shouldn't exactly jump to conclusions. There's a reason the whole team was standing up for Price, etc. A LOT more to this story than the Boston press would have you believe. Not to mention a lot of the racist stuff HAS been going on from the fans.

Until you share that intel, we have only what we've heard elsewhere to go on.

Eckersley is a hall of fame pitcher. Price acted a disrespectful prick. Now if there is something that Eckersley did outside of criticizing a shitty pitching outing with "yuck"...then please let us in on it so we can all make a truly informed decision.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 9250
Page:   <<   < prev  368 369 [370] 371 372   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: MLB General Information PT 4 Page: <<   < prev  368 369 [370] 371 372   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode